Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

D-LINK posted:

It was good to sleep in my own bed last night. What I miss, fellas?

Texas decided it’s fine being in the “southeast” suddenly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

sweet thursday posted:

Another covid bear market...
:lol:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Hot Diggity! posted:

Goddamn cat managed to scratch me completely without warning deep on the first pad of my right index finger. Not only does it hurt like a bitch, but now everything is more difficult. Thanks cat!

One of the cats has now decided that he absolutely, no exceptions, must lay on his back underneath the bed and claw at the bottom of the box spring every morning at like 6:00, and he won’t stop until I get out of bed and give him breakfast. So now I have to fashion something to block access underneath the bed.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

T-Square posted:

One of the cats has now decided that he absolutely, no exceptions, must lay on his back underneath the bed and claw at the bottom of the box spring every morning at like 6:00, and he won’t stop until I get out of bed and give him breakfast. So now I have to fashion something to block access underneath the bed.

Buy an auto feeder. Our cat knows when the food comes out and sits and stares at it. We got it because he would go through the house yelling for someone to get up and feed him at like 3 am. He still yells, but it's at a more sane hour.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

D-LINK posted:

Some rear end in a top hat kept showing pictures of his trip while in Italy. We all agreed gently caress that guy

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Charlie used to be in charge of waking is up for food, but Toby has really embraced that role with gusto now that Charlie is gone. He's a little inconsistent sometimes, but I can usually count on him to walk on me and scream at the absolute top of his lungs about two minutes before my alarm goes off in the morning. If it's a little too early I can get him to lay down for 15 minutes or so. If it's way too early I just act like I'm getting up, then close the door behind him when he runs out of the bedroom.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

D-LINK posted:

You missed Bear Week!!!!

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Some rear end in a top hat kept showing pictures of his trip while in Italy. We all agreed gently caress that guy

That guy had a good time and will finally be able to focus on the daily grind again. Hopefully yinz have forgiving hearts

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

You missed Bear Week!!!!

I didn't see many bears, but there were a lot of cute otters in Firenze

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
After messing with a VR headset the other day I’m super tempted to buy the PS one. Anyone else have one?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

LeeMajors posted:

Texas decided it’s fine being in the “southeast” suddenly.

Houston to Baylor: "Well well well..."

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Joey Freshwater posted:

After messing with a VR headset the other day I’m super tempted to buy the PS one. Anyone else have one?

There’s one supposed to come out early next year for ps5, I’m waiting for that one. Also, waiting for the ps5 to become more readily available.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Abugadu posted:

There’s one supposed to come out early next year for ps5, I’m waiting for that one. Also, waiting for the ps5 to become more readily available.

Seems wise to wait for more PS5 games to come out too, since right now it's mostly an upgraded PS4 from what I can tell? Which seems like it would be nice, don't get me wrong, just...well not enough for me.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Seems wise to wait for more PS5 games to come out too, since right now it's mostly an upgraded PS4 from what I can tell? Which seems like it would be nice, don't get me wrong, just...well not enough for me.

Get Chiv2 so we can all axe each other's heads off

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I own two ps4 games that I can freely upgrade to the ps5 version if I can ever buy one and I think there's a time limit, so I kinda want one loving now. (Miles Morales and AC:Valhalla)

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I called my local game store and was put on a wait list. Took about 3 weeks

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

D-LINK posted:

I had an ice cream sandwich from the ice cream truck at the park. It was good.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

D-LINK posted:

That guy had a good time and will finally be able to focus on the daily grind again. Hopefully yinz have forgiving hearts

Yo whatever happened with your tick bite?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

My birthday began with an amazing home-cooked breakfast (seriously, my girlfriend insists she can't cook and I don't understand why), then we're going out for burgers at the Village Green just outside of Madison for lunch and we're doing seafood tonight. I'm eating like a motherfuckin' king today, and it is good.

And to think, even six months ago I wasn't sure I'd make it to 37. :unsmith:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Happy Birthday Timby! I’m sure you’ll have many more.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Timby posted:

My birthday began with an amazing home-cooked breakfast (seriously, my girlfriend insists she can't cook and I don't understand why), then we're going out for burgers at the Village Green just outside of Madison for lunch and we're doing seafood tonight. I'm eating like a motherfuckin' king today, and it is good.

Saying you're bad at something you're good at usually means you don't like doing it, or you want people to be more impressed when you do it, or you used to be around people much, much better than you are. From personal experience of claiming to be bad at things. Maybe her mom or dad is a Michelin starred chef?

Happy Birthday, and I'm glad you had it at your home.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Happy BDay Timby I'm glad things have turned around for you :toot:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Skwirl posted:

Happy Birthday, and I'm glad you had it at your home.

Well, it's at her place, since I decided to skip town and get the gently caress out of Iowa for a few days, so it's just her, me and her big lab mix dog (who adores me). I'll probably be here until Tuesday or Wednesday before heading back home to Dubuque.

And thank you.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Timby posted:

Well, it's at her place,

Even better, you won't have to clean up after.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

Yo whatever happened with your tick bite?

It took about 2 weeks of being on the doxy before I stopped having random joint aches, and I really had to lay on the sunblock while in Italy due to the sun sensitivity. Feeling pretty good now, but I have like a few days left of taking pills, then I go back for more blood work. Guess we'll see what the doc has to say then

HBD Timby

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Op-Ed sections are usually just low hanging fruit but I had a spit take at this

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I think Bezos must love the New York Times, because now the Washington Post seems to exist to make NYT look good by comparison.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Get vaxxed you loving morons

https://twitter.com/fletch360/status/1421170170991677440

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Timby posted:

Lol, I do this with cooking too, I’m not really sure why. I guess because it’s one of the things I still do right now that I’m really good at, so if something isn’t just right for me, I kind of beat myself up for it. It’s kind of humorous when I’m cooking for a bunch of friends and go “Eh this isn’t that good, sorry guys.” and everyone looks at me like I’m crazy. Happy Birthday, Timby!

Anyway, the funeral really hosed me up, probably because they had a lot of pictures of us together. And then I had to go to dinner with her family and friends, and my family afterwards and seeing everyone with their partners made it really hard and I mostly just silently cried and pushed my food around my plate. My fiancé’s best friend’s husband noticed and dragged me off to the bar away from everyone, which was really nice of him to do. This past week has definitely been the lowest point of my 30 years on Earth, complete with multiple near-panic attacks daily, lots of ugly-sobbing, and unable to fall asleep until like 3:00AM. I had tickets to a (masks required) acoustic show with friends last night and I bailed, just couldn’t handle it. I think I’m finally rounding a corner today though, went out to grab a coffee and watched yesterday’s episode of Ted Lasso and crudely painted some mini-figs for D&D which I haven’t done for years. I’m going to take a shower and force myself to go out and see some friends. Thanks for listening Internet Void.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

There’s nothing wrong with grieving someone you loved, so definitely don’t feel bad or guilty about any of that. You seem to be handling it fine anyway. No one is expecting you to be your old self immediately.

Just talking about it like this is better than some people. It is good to see people though and let this stuff out to your friends, I’m sure they’ll be sympathetic. It’ll get better with time, but expect to have good and bad days.

Also, I may be soulless, but I’m not a void man.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I often critique what food I make while my wife just stares at me wondering what the gently caress my problem is. She enjoys pretty much everything I make and usually when she doesn't, it's something we end up agreeing on.

Tonight I burned my hand and my falafel all fell apart. Could have been worse though. I just turned it into a salad, and the cherry tomatoes from our garden were really spectacularly good with it.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Quiet Feet posted:

my falafel all fell
That's fun to say

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I’m getting a falafel wrap for dinner. I’ve been thinking about it all day.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
SomethingFalafel

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

T-Square posted:

Thanks for listening Internet Void.

No problem. We all grieve differently, don't think that you're doing it wrong and don't let anyone tell you how to do it.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Ehud posted:

I’m getting a falafel wrap for dinner. I’ve been thinking about it all day.

Make sure you get extra tzatziki as god intends

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

T-Square posted:

Lol, I do this with cooking too, I’m not really sure why. I guess because it’s one of the things I still do right now that I’m really good at, so if something isn’t just right for me, I kind of beat myself up for it. It’s kind of humorous when I’m cooking for a bunch of friends and go “Eh this isn’t that good, sorry guys.” and everyone looks at me like I’m crazy. Happy Birthday, Timby!

Anyway, the funeral really hosed me up, probably because they had a lot of pictures of us together. And then I had to go to dinner with her family and friends, and my family afterwards and seeing everyone with their partners made it really hard and I mostly just silently cried and pushed my food around my plate. My fiancé’s best friend’s husband noticed and dragged me off to the bar away from everyone, which was really nice of him to do. This past week has definitely been the lowest point of my 30 years on Earth, complete with multiple near-panic attacks daily, lots of ugly-sobbing, and unable to fall asleep until like 3:00AM. I had tickets to a (masks required) acoustic show with friends last night and I bailed, just couldn’t handle it. I think I’m finally rounding a corner today though, went out to grab a coffee and watched yesterday’s episode of Ted Lasso and crudely painted some mini-figs for D&D which I haven’t done for years. I’m going to take a shower and force myself to go out and see some friends. Thanks for listening Internet Void.

Grief is the toughest emotion there is, and there were moments when I felt it was just bottomless. I remember feeling so sad and that it would never end and I'd get mad at myself for crying, sick of myself for feeling sad. Music would trigger me. Going out places, I couldn't keep my sorry rear end from breaking down and having to leave. It's just brutal. There's no instruction manual that I'm aware of, so finally I got to the point where I would just workout until my body hurt worse than my heart just so I could sleep at night. I don't know like how or when it happened bc remembering it is just a blur, but one day the fog just sort of lifted even tho the sad lingered for a long time, and it just like, became manageable.

My grief was just a really bad breakup with my high school and college sweetheart. I can't imagine what you're going though, but I do know how rough grief is, and I feel for you bud

D-LINK fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jul 31, 2021

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Don't they put tahini in falafel rather than tzatziki?

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Manoueverable posted:

Don't they put tahini in falafel rather than tzatziki?

Depends on where you get it from, honestly. From what I have seen, very generally Mediterranean restaurants use tahini if the owner's family is from North Africa or Turkey and those from the Mediterranean isles and the Greeks prefer tzatziki.

The Greeks are correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I like both tahini and tzatziki but we had sesame seeds in the house and not yogurt. You really can't go wrong either way.