Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

In today's extremely short Blueberry: McClure redemptor, or Now, I'm going to confess to a bit of editing here, if you think the way McClure escapes harm is a bit deus ex machina. In the original translation I felt it was even worse (i.e. Bass simply misses him), so I hope you will forgive me a bit for the change, or We know who gets Blueberry's vote!

Join us next time on Blueberry's new adventure as we leave the Mid-South and head to Colorado in... Ironhorse!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

goatface posted:

When did elderly artist lady - who this fucky winkerfuck storyline was originally about - last speak?

You know what irritated me? The way they said Phil Holt about a million times. It gave me flashbacks to that reporter story where she said "my father, John Darling" in an equally forced manner.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

My gut feeling says that this kind of accuracy with an 18th century pistols might be a bit generous.

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Kennel fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jul 31, 2021

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Herman the Heathen

TegneHanne

Pondus

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Binary Badger posted:

Somehow I think we're gonna get a lot of mileage out of this internal meme

I frankly can't believe no one got here first.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (November 15, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (November 15, 1999)

Garfield Classic (November 15, 1989)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "160 - Jucika Is Changing Clothes"

"Rough translation: Summer Break"

"161 - Jucika And The Umbrella Alibi"

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 7/30/01

Stephen Collins

(it is a British reality show thing, apparently)

Brenda Starr 12/15/46

Smokey Stover 7/19/42

Richard's Poor Almanac

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1946

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Doomykins posted:

"161 - Jucika And The Umbrella Alibi"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3XnYpGY5Z8

Double dose to make up for missing yesterday!

Classic Zits

Sylvia

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

Mämmilä (September 16, 1995)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

LazyQ posted:

Get that money, Mukku.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

goatface posted:

She didn't fail at things for the crime of being a woman, she failed due to having basically zero experience with the practicalities and culture of it.

Aleta's discomfort was caused mostly by her commitment to the disguise, I'd say.

I really liked the bit where she came up behind the Saxon ambush, immediately realized what was happening, pretended to shout to another group of horsemen behind her, and charged right in. She doesn't have the combat training to personally fight effectively but otherwise that's exactly the sort of quick thinking and trickery Val relies on half the time. They're clearly made for each other.

Vintage Valiant (Jul. 07, 1946)

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

:catholic:

The Family Circus

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Stupid as poo poo.

Know what? Take this child to Walmart (I know your lovely town has at least one 24 hour Walmart). Buy a cheapass makeup kit. Buy some cheapass hair mousse. She gets to have fun playing with it without messing up anybody's expensive poo poo. And it will still be cheaper than finding a professional hairstylist with no notice who is open during date night hours.

I reject the final panel because Luann is an adult and Shannon is a child who is not holding a gun to her head and so there is no way they would ever have gotten to this point.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I'm pretty sure the Great Gazoo is a more obscure costume reference than the Doctor.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2018 Spiderman

1979 comics

Who could have predicted this?!

Bonus: Marmaduke's owners are trying to kill him.

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Mandrake

Johnny Hazard

90s Overboard

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Haifisch posted:

1979 comics

Bolle's artistic ability (and his motivation) deteriorated a lot between what he was doing here and what we saw from him in late-stage A3G. But from time to time you can still see little Frank Bolle touches that he would carry through to the end, like Encyclopedia's little surprised head jiggle here.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Julet Esqu posted:

Stupid as poo poo.

Know what? Take this child to Walmart (I know your lovely town has at least one 24 hour Walmart). Buy a cheapass makeup kit. Buy some cheapass hair mousse. She gets to have fun playing with it without messing up anybody's expensive poo poo. And it will still be cheaper than finding a professional hairstylist with no notice who is open during date night hours.

I reject the final panel because Luann is an adult and Shannon is a child who is not holding a gun to her head and so there is no way they would ever have gotten to this point.
Yeah this is just dumb. I wonder if they're setting up a new haircut for Luann, like when they had Bernice cut her hair.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

I hope she gets that one available waitress job.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Medenmath posted:

Aleta's discomfort was caused mostly by her commitment to the disguise, I'd say.

I really liked the bit where she came up behind the Saxon ambush, immediately realized what was happening, pretended to shout to another group of horsemen behind her, and charged right in. She doesn't have the combat training to personally fight effectively but otherwise that's exactly the sort of quick thinking and trickery Val relies on half the time. They're clearly made for each other.

Vintage Valiant (Jul. 07, 1946)

I really want a huge, duck-foot tub now.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

:golfclap:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

LazyQ posted:

I'm glad that Mammlia has continued the one true tennent: the mayor getting owned and mukku coming up roses

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Haifisch posted:

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Johnny Hazard

I have been LOVING Wee Willie Winkie. The art is absolutely gorgeous, and full of childlike wonder (which sounds hokey, but this is from before hoke was a thing).

Also been super into Johnny Hazard lately, it had been getting a bit whatever until the Scots came along. Really looking forward to just how poorly these conners will fail to pull this off this ruse!

This would be extremely easy to update just by adding the word “Instagram”

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

iirc Doris here was named after Gary Larson’s mother

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Did! (August 8, 1918)

Outbursts of Everett True (September 18, 1918)

Gay and Her Gang (September 14, 1929)

Oaky Doaks (February 15, 1936)

Mopsy (April 16, 1937)

Up Front (May 29, 1944)

Dark Laughter (December 13, 1947)

Those Were the Days (July 22, 1953)

Wee Pals (November 5, 1965)

Dogbert March 8, 1966

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Skippy (December 13, 1933)

Peanuts (August 2-3, 1974)

Funky Winkerbean, featuring an old lady getting pushed further into the background.

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (March 1-2, 1938)

Out Our Way (February 8-10, 1937)

Toonerville Folks (November 19-21, 1917)

Dok's Dippy Side-Hustle (September 15, 1913)

Little Lefty (February 7-9, 1935)

Blondie From Zero (December 11-13, 1930)

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

rannum posted:

I'm glad that Mammlia has continued the one true tennent: the mayor getting owned and mukku coming up roses
Going to be one of those divide-by-zero problems when Mukku becomes mayor.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

It's throwing me that at any point people wouldn't immediately know Dr. Who, but I guess it hadn't quite popped off in the mainstream in 2008?

Pastry of the Year posted:

Everyone I knew in 2008 was watching the Doctor Who relaunch (mostly illegally). The trouble here is that he's dressed as one of the Doctors you'd only ever have seen if you watched it on PBS (or if, like me, you are a huge loving dork)

Key words bolded. Doctor Who being legally distributed worldwide is a fairly recent phenomenon despite the show being around for decades, and is the main reason why it's a major pop culture fixture today. Up until that point it was basically anime, and not one of the mainstream ones.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Dark Side of the Horse

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Strontium posted:

I can't believe I'm being doxxed by Tinkersons.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Compu-toon