Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

loving hate the Fret “remind” mechanic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

do you need to replay a boss Noise's specific chapter for the chance at their pin? i vaguely remember them showing up as regular Noise in the first TWEWY but that might have been a postgame thing

Halfway through week 2 and I think the only boss noise that hasn't shown up again is the Gorilla. So if you want his pins I think you might need to replay Day 2 but that's it so far.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Seriously who designed this bullshit

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I’ve spent 10+ minutes on one of these

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Then you're doing things absurdly wrong. Just take it slow and shift one stick into position until it looks good, and then the other. It shouldn't take more than ten seconds.

Here I even made a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0dJR_EUvZ8

Terper fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Aug 1, 2021

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I love how Rindo is actually able to understand Sho somewhat by just... googling what he says

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Oxxidation posted:

do you need to replay a boss Noise's specific chapter for the chance at their pin? i vaguely remember them showing up as regular Noise in the first TWEWY but that might have been a postgame thing

You can unlock boss noise with a Social Network skill but it's much, much later on. You're stuck doing full chapter replays until you get it.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Oxxidation posted:

I found that boss noise really wants you to play on hard generally for the chance at their unique pin. Some drop that same pin on normal, but you're pretty much locked out of their uniques on easy. It's pretty much replaced with a yen, material pin, or a pin you can easily get elsewhere. So basically when you're about to end the day, just set the difficulty to hard for the new pins. (If you can handle hard mode at least.)

The exception are the boss noises that occur before you get the chance to unlock easy and hard mode. Don't bother replaying chapters for those. Not even the first boss drops anything notable on any difficulty.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Surprised to see that increased drop chance can be one of the random stats to get a boost if you feed a character food they love, even if that food doesn’t have drop chance.

Also, just curious, is there any idea yet of what the “soft” cap on Style is? I remember in the original, 400 was basically all you needed for everyone except Joshua if you wanted his ultimate accessory.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

Surprised to see that increased drop chance can be one of the random stats to get a boost if you feed a character food they love, even if that food doesn’t have drop chance.

Also, just curious, is there any idea yet of what the “soft” cap on Style is? I remember in the original, 400 was basically all you needed for everyone except Joshua if you wanted his ultimate accessory.

222. No thread has any style rating beyond that.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I ended up with 52000 points for the first scramble slam.

I'll just come back later when I can do higher chains and I'm sure it'll be easy then.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Halfway through week 2 and I think the only boss noise that hasn't shown up again is the Gorilla. So if you want his pins I think you might need to replay Day 2 but that's it so far.

Although if you look in the noisepedia, there are separate entries for the boss and standard enemy versions with different drop lists.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Just finished Week 2 Day 1 and got questions:

How soon do I get to increase wallet and how soon do I get a fourth party member?

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Artelier posted:

Just finished Week 2 Day 1 and got questions:

How soon do I get to increase wallet and how soon do I get a fourth party member?

very soon for both. Wallet size is a side quest unlock in the social network.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Larryb posted:

I assume there’s a Scramble Slam every week then (though I imagine they get shorter as the game goes on and more teams start getting erased)?

As a followup to my previous statement the 3rd one actually happens later in the same week. However, it is thankfully laughably easy to topscore in! And it's super short too. Only 3 areas to fight over with the point threshold at 50k. When the point payouts are scaled even higher than the 2nd scramble slam's. After the sheer grind the second one was, I gladly welcome this!

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Question about a post-game thing
What exactly are the criteria for getting secret reports?

I got 3 and 4 before even having finished the game. I got 1, 2, 5 and 7 after beating the blue boss noise symbol on the corresponding days.

I assumed you basically need to 100% the day (except pigs don't seem to be necessary), but I can't figure out what I'm missing on day 6. I got the scramble slam rewards, there's no boss, and the chapter select doesn't show anything I'm missing.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Peewi posted:

I got 3 and 4 before even having finished the game. I got 1, 2, 5 and 7 after beating the blue boss noise symbol on the corresponding days.

I assumed you basically need to 100% the day (except pigs don't seem to be necessary), but I can't figure out what I'm missing on day 6. I got the scramble slam rewards, there's no boss, and the chapter select doesn't show anything I'm missing.

Nah, it's easier this time around, just beat every blue boss noise (difficulty doesn't matter) and get 100% Social Network (which might be hard since you have to gold all Dives including the Another Day one to get all FP)

Not all days have a boss noise so day 6 for example can be ignored. I'd just check a list of locations honestly since you can't skip parts of days.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Peewi posted:

It's all killing boss noises on various days and filling out the social network with the latter having 4 to hand out at various stages of completion. Nothing too complicated.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Araxxor posted:

As a followup to my previous statement the 3rd one actually happens later in the same week. However, it is thankfully laughably easy to topscore in! And it's super short too. Only 3 areas to fight over with the point threshold at 50k. When the point payouts are scaled even higher than the 2nd scramble slam's. After the sheer grind the second one was, I gladly welcome this!

I assume there’s no Scramble Slam on Week 3 then?

Also, does Minamimoto ever come back? And if so do you get to recruit him again (or possibly even fight him?)

Finally, is there any point in the game where you have more than 4 party members to work with?

As for postgame stuff, does Another Day just unlock by beating the game normally like it did in the previous one?

Additionally, is there an extra chapter you can unlock through certain means ala A New Day from TWEWY Switch or is that basically it as far as the extra content goes aside from doing the requirements to get the secret ending?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Aug 1, 2021

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Nah, it's easier this time around, just beat every blue boss noise (difficulty doesn't matter) and get 100% Social Network (which might be hard since you have to gold all Dives including the Another Day one to get all FP)

Not all days have a boss noise so day 6 for example can be ignored. I'd just check a list of locations honestly since you can't skip parts of days.

Do you know which social network node(s) are required for report 6? I've got the whole thing connected, but not bought every ability yet. Gotta finish up the dives for the points.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Peewi posted:

Do you know which social network node(s) are required for report 6? I've got the whole thing connected, but not bought every ability yet. Gotta finish up the dives for the points.

It's percentage based, so you need 100% for the last report.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Huh I'm missing a Dive in W2D2, any idea where it is?

Also noticed a fun little thing: If Beat has the Monocrow mask equipped, they wear it in fights.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Larryb posted:

Also, does Minamimoto ever come back? And if so do you get to recruit him again (or possibly even fight him?)

Finally, is there any point in the game where you have more than 4 party members to work with?

As for postgame stuff, does Another Day just unlock by beating the game normally like it did in the previous one?

Additionally, is there an extra chapter you can unlock through certain means ala A New Day from TWEWY Switch or is that basically it as far as the extra content goes aside from doing the requirements to get the secret ending?

Answering these in order:

1. Yes, as a boss fight, and then you regain him as a permanent party member on Another Day which carries over to the rest of the game.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

4. Not sure.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Just got to the part in W2D4 where some big lore stuff is explained and I can't believe I misread the one important bit in A New Day all along. I was playing under the assumption that Shibuya was deleted, but it turns out it was Shinjuku. This whole loving time I thought everything we were doing was a simulation of sorts or that like every person in Shibuya died and were being funneled into the game in groups to prevent overcrowding. There's still a lot of fucky stuff going around, but it's way less complex than I thought going in lol.

These past several hours have felt like i'm just getting loving swole. Love it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

^They literally say near the end of A New Day that Shinjuku got erased

TheKingofSprings posted:

Answering these in order:

1. Yes, as a boss fight, and then you regain him as a permanent party member on Another Day which carries over to the rest of the game.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

4. Not sure.

Nice, thanks. How soon do you get a 5th slot/teammate? Not until the final week I assume?

I assume you get Neku as a partner during the final week as well but are Shiki, Rhyme, and/or Joshua playable or are they just cutscene only appearances?

Come to think of it, was it ever explained what Rhyme’s entry fee in the first game was (since it turns out that her memories of her brother were actually Beat’s entry fee)?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 1, 2021

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Larryb posted:

^They literally say near the end of A New Day that Shinjuku got erased

Yes, exactly they do. When I read that bit of dialogue in A New Day, I read it as Shibuya for whatever dumb reason. God i'm dumb

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Larryb posted:

^Come to think of it, was it ever explained what Rhyme’s entry fee in the first game was (since it turns out that her memories of her brother were actually Beat’s entry fee)?

They talk about it briefly in the first game at some point. It was her dreams for the future.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Started this recently. Any point in holding onto the Yen pins instead of turning them into cash ASAP? I think there were a few turnins in the original game that wanted some.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Roluth posted:

Started this recently. Any point in holding onto the Yen pins instead of turning them into cash ASAP? I think there were a few turnins in the original game that wanted some.

No reason, there’s an upgrade that does it automatically, cash away

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In the original game money pins were sometimes worth hanging onto for use in playing Tin Pin Slammer, but since that appears to be gone from the sequel I’d just cash them in at the first opportunity (and as mentioned early in the game there’s an optional side quest that gives you the handy ability to do so automatically, making earning money in this game a trivial matter).

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Also when you start the game you can only carry 99,99¥ so don't, for example, spend an hour grinding for the fancy 100,000¥ pin because you can't buy it yet.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

YggiDee posted:

Also when you start the game you can only carry 99,99¥ so don't, for example, spend an hour grinding for the fancy 100,000¥ pin because you can't buy it yet.

Speaking of which, when do you get access to the side quest that gives you a bigger wallet (and where is the quest giver located)?

Also how soon do you start getting social links that let you use Uber pins (and are they worth the effort)?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Larry you really should just play the game :v:

I'm near the end (I think) and almost all my pins are becoming uber so I'll just say yes they're worth it in that regard. Thank you very Mochi still has uses to me in the endgame.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Uber pins primarily distinguish themselves by having a much higher base Pin Attack than others at the same time, and most of the links for those slots are given to you as part of the plot (first one being from W1D5). There is a sidequest that gives an Uber slot on W2D5 though.

First wallet upgrade is W2D2 and the second is W3D2.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

So I’ve seen at least one pin that had ??? in the “evolve” column of the info, and it didn’t do anything when I maxed it out via regular battling. Is there some other source of PP?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Lotus Aura posted:

Uber pins primarily distinguish themselves by having a much higher base Pin Attack than others at the same time, and most of the links for those slots are given to you as part of the plot (first one being from W1D5). There is a sidequest that gives an Uber slot on W2D5 though.

First wallet upgrade is W2D2 and the second is W3D2.

I’m on W2D2 right now actually, where do I go to get the upgrade?

Lastly when do you get the link that lets you use more than one pin in the same button slot?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Regalingualius posted:

So I’ve seen at least one pin that had ??? in the “evolve” column of the info, and it didn’t do anything when I maxed it out via regular battling. Is there some other source of PP?

??? Pins evolve like normal, but the catch is they need to be equipped to specific people when mastered to evolve.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Larryb posted:

Lastly when do you get the link that lets you use more than one pin in the same button slot?

Wallet upgrade's the sidequest over by Tower Records. First multi-wield's W2D7.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Lotus Aura posted:

Wallet upgrade's the sidequest over by Tower Records. First multi-wield's W2D7.

Thanks, is the second one (meaning the first multi-wield) a sidequest or something you get unlock automatically via story progression? Because that sounds incredibly useful to me (like being able to use both an attack pin and a healing pin simultaneously)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Larryb posted:

Tower Records, towards the left side of the building with Garagara and the health food place.

edit: Woops, too slow

Double edit: it's also the one that leads to being able to buy the first Chain upgrade, which is a huge boon for the second Scramble Slam the next day.

Kantesu fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Aug 1, 2021