Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
gallows is legitimately the funniest man in prograps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The good brothers are great anytime they make themselves the joke

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Other than the Dark Order intro, Karl Anderson's 2012 jersey might have been my highlight of the 10-man match last episode

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

"Come on Vince, are you really surprised... you've known for years that I was a snake..."

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

a cyborg mug posted:

There is absolutely zero reason to care about or like Gallows unless you watch BTE or whatever and are down with the *checks papers* cum jokes. He sucks rear end and needs to be on TV about as much as Mel

Mel would be good for Britts muscle role

Okkult
Oct 10, 2012

beggar posted:

Mel would be good for Britts muscle role

No she wouldn't.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

not good but if she's going to have a role it should probably be as somebody's backup. she's tall and can do basic beatdown type stuff that doesn't really require stringing things together the way a match does. if not released then she should be that for whoever

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Wrestlers are not allowed to get better in wrestling especially AEW, they are bad forever

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Haha I hadn't even thought about Mel for Britt's muscle role before now but that's totally going to be who it is

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

RealFoxy posted:

Wrestlers are not allowed to get better in wrestling especially AEW, they are bad forever

I generally hate this trope as well and think everyone should get a chance to show they can improve, but in Mel's case AEW hasn't even bothered to book her in nearly a year so unless she's been secretly training this whole time I can only guess they just see zero value in her anymore and are just letting her contract run out.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I've read a lot of okay ideas for Bray coming to AEW, but unfortunately I have the best one.

He is now Brayden Cutler and he is Brandons brother and they play DnD together and LARP during matches

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hope mel is being kept off shows because she is training or took a leave of absence in order to take steps to create a positive outcome in her personal life, and not because of something very bad like not being able to ever stop making GBS threads one day. imagine one day waking up and you have already done a lot of it all over yourself and have to do more. No thanks!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Cavauro posted:

i hope mel is being kept off shows because she is training or took a leave of absence in order to take steps to create a positive outcome in her personal life, and not because of something very bad like not being able to ever stop making GBS threads one day. imagine one day waking up and you have already done a lot of it all over yourself and have to do more. No thanks!

https://twitter.com/RealKeithLee/status/1419747288176545800?s=20

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I have no problem with any individual new signing, and in general AEW have used their new people very well indeed. I do have a slight concern that AEW aren't playing enough with the toys they already have. They do a pretty good job of keeping people in the mix, but there are still people they already have who I don't think I see enough.

Rampage will hopefully help with this.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

keith lee and windham rotunda as a tag team, but get this: they're the roly polys from a bug's life

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

jesus WEP posted:

does so many jobs for himself he can't do them for anyone else

Ok you are the second person I heard say this and I have to ask; is it some kind of running joke? Because I can't imagine Luke Gallows having the pull to get away with doing this ever.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ChrisBTY posted:

Ok you are the second person I heard say this and I have to ask; is it some kind of running joke? Because I can't imagine Luke Gallows having the pull to get away with doing this ever.
it’s a joke

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Even with 2 hours of Dynamite, 5 hours of Dark/Elevation, and another upcoming hour of Rampage, I think AEW is getting seriously close to roster bloat, at least for the men's singles division. I'm fine with people coming in and out for brief tours/feuds but AEW doesn't have nearly enough time to REALLY get the people they should on TV as-is.

But here's the beauty of AEW: They have good working relationships with nearly every other promotion out there. If New Japan is really trying to make their US Branch a separate brand, they probably could use a guys like Buddy Murphy and Kalisto. Impact could use some tag-teams like Ever-Rise or Breezedango. That really wild idea of sending Bray Wyatt to AAA could be totally fine. Hell, Zack Ryder just carved out an incredible niche in GCW. These guys she be spread out a bit. There's an entire UK scene that needs rebuilt after what's happened over there.

With so many releases coming into AEW so soon I feel like I've just been waiting for them all to show up in AEW and they're taking the places of other totally deserving stars that were there the whole pandemic.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

The good brothers are great anytime they make themselves the joke

They are very much willing to be the joke, which helps tremendously. I agree that they are some of the funniest men in wrestling and definitely deserve a place in AEW.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

RealFoxy posted:

With so many releases coming into AEW so soon I feel like I've just been waiting for them all to show up in AEW and they're taking the places of other totally deserving stars that were there the whole pandemic.

people keep saying this but what evidence is there this is actually happening? every single match and segment last Dynamite had pre/mid-pandemic or young wrestlers AEW is pushing as the future. this narrative that CM Punk and Bryan Danielson, two people notable for wanting to work with and put over younger talent, are going to fly in and take over the top spot keeps being said but there's no indication that's happening at all. stop confusing promotion of wrestlers with actual booking

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don't dislike Bray in general, and I'm sure he has some decent ideas that were turned into dogshit by the bad company. The Wyatt Family was good to great at points.

That said, I don't went him in AEW because they simply don't need him. But if he DID show up and was doing a rehash of the character, what terrible name do you think he'd choose? We already have evidence that he's bad at naming people since his kid's name is like Knash Sixx or something.

He honestly feels like a much better fit for Impact and could come in to lead Decay or something.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I think people are just still not used to the idea that someone can be a huge deal and important to a promotion and also not be the most important thing, with segments about how important they are every week to make sure you never forget

dbry and punk are assuredly getting into Some program as soon as they debut and I could see feeling like they Have to be in the main title picture immediately, but punk vs darby/sting is already being set up with no title in sight

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Y'all love to be doom and gloom with AEW despite them never really disappointing with long term stories. Stop being so pessimistic and enjoy the ride. This ain't WWE anymore.

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!
Don't forget that TK hired many wrestlers so they could make some money during Covid. I'm sure once the indies have more shows some wrestlers will be let go. This will be immediately followed by "what is AEW doing they are hemmoraging talent" by people on the internet.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Hefty Leftist posted:

people keep saying this but what evidence is there this is actually happening? every single match and segment last Dynamite had pre/mid-pandemic or young wrestlers AEW is pushing as the future. this narrative that CM Punk and Bryan Danielson, two people notable for wanting to work with and put over younger talent, are going to fly in and take over the top spot keeps being said but there's no indication that's happening at all. stop confusing promotion of wrestlers with actual booking
I'm just saying that the more big names they bring in the less time they've got to work with the undercard on Dynamite. They have their own space for Dark so they can put on five hour shows every week if that's what they wanna do but it's not on TV and even a lot of people here admit to refusing to watch it because it's not important.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Kirios posted:

Y'all love to be doom and gloom with AEW despite them never really disappointing with long term stories. Stop being so pessimistic and enjoy the ride. This ain't WWE anymore.

orange cassidy has been brutally mishandled. his peel is bruised and scarred. tainted with the faces of Wingmen. push orange cassidy.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Kirios posted:

Seriously, I could understand it if like Miro or Matt Hardy or Christian had come in and immediately gotten the AEW World title, but that didn't happen and it's not likely to happen with Punk or Bryan either. This isn't WCW or TNA/Impact where anyone who'd worked for WWE would come in and just steamroll over their homegrown talent (which basically says "our company sucks because guys from the REAL company can easily squash them").

RealFoxy posted:

I'm just saying that the more big names they bring in the less time they've got to work with the undercard on Dynamite. They have their own space for Dark so they can put on five hour shows every week if that's what they wanna do but it's not on TV and even a lot of people here admit to refusing to watch it because it's not important.

Don't they have another show for TNT getting ready to premiere soon? I imagine that's where a lot of the stuff currently being done on Dark will get to go to when it airs.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Hopefully commercials aren't long on Rampage and they give feuds to the midcard too. CM Punk is set to be there on their debut episode and potentially against Sting/Darby which is exciting as hell

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Kirios posted:

stand up for AEW

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

cm punk is going to debut against sting and do a buckle bomb then drop onto his rear end in the center of the ring and start yelling about breaking the fourth wall and say "hi seth rollins how ya doin'?" and "i'm not getting colt cabana fired but it's in my contract that he's going to be booked a lot less and his contract won't be renewed" and then cm punk will pick me and divorce his wife and be my boyfriend

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Mel’s contract is pretty clearly being allowed to quietly run out, she has a day job and changed her social handles back from MelAEW to MelCruise a while ago.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Ice cream bars!

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Cavauro posted:

cm punk is going to debut against sting and do a buckle bomb then drop onto his rear end in the center of the ring and start yelling about breaking the fourth wall and say "hi seth rollins how ya doin'?" and "i'm not getting colt cabana fired but it's in my contract that he's going to be booked a lot less and his contract won't be renewed" and then cm punk will pick me and divorce his wife and be my boyfriend

still better than Christan/Kenny at All Out

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Windham to the Wingmen

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Gallows should remain in aew so my dream of carny wrestler stable comes alive. Matt Classic, Sex Ferguson, and Money Matt. The ghosts of carny wrestlers 50's, 80's, and 2000.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Are the wingmen signed?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

TV Zombie posted:

Are the wingmen signed?

Avalon is. It sounds like Nemeth has a tier below whatever gets you on the roster page, which I assume Drake and Bononi have as well, in order of likelihood.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Lol Meltzer said on WOR Hangman isn’t going to be on All Out at all, is he injured or what’s happening there

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

Lol Meltzer said on WOR Hangman isn’t going to be on All Out at all, is he injured or what’s happening there

bryan: and hangman page not only out of the main event of all out but apparently not on the show
dave: no not on the show um and uh yeah idk who uhhh dont know who omjega's wrestling obviously from the tv it looks like christian it's just that's just the situation
bryan: alright natalya is apparently out of surgery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
he’s getting buried duh
maybe watch the product?