Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I'm very mad about the Maguu Kenki, specifically that they designed a boss who can backflip out of his arena and reset the entire encounter. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck that

I've had the new pyro hypostasis just roll out far enough and did it both times I've faced it solo. The other time I tried it coop with a bud and it bugged out and never did the second phase where you hit the flames. So it's real loving cool being 0/3 on actually being able to kill it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Detheros posted:

33 stars in this abyss, a new record for me, literally 4 seconds combined from getting 35.

Abyss still sucks rear end, through.

I'm at 34.. technically 35, but I reset the last encounter whenever I get under 7 minutes. Spending resin to try a Hu Tao melt build for the last room. I can clear 12-3-1 at the 8:40 mark consistently, but my best finish at 12-3-2 is 6:52, which is bullshit

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Aug 1, 2021

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tanreall posted:

I like the abyss. I've been clearing with 36 stars for 5 months now.

That was a crack about the next abyss where they have dendro enemies and using Bennet's Q apparently infects you with some kind of turboburning.

kater posted:

I think the abyss rotations being a gacha lure is pretty hogwash. They might lean towards making your new shiny person be more fun but thats some steps away from treating it like a money sink.

It's explicitly a sales tool for gacha. You never have to pull the latest banner but the game is designed to greatly incentivize it. Previous cycles of Don't Press E and then Don't Press E or Q were extremely limiting in terms of general rosters so it sucked extra hard there.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Canopus250 posted:

I've had the new pyro hypostasis just roll out far enough and did it both times I've faced it solo. The other time I tried it coop with a bud and it bugged out and never did the second phase where you hit the flames. So it's real loving cool being 0/3 on actually being able to kill it.
The first time MK hosed me on that was during a sidequest where he's in a different arena, and he did it twice in a row. He's only done it once while I'm farming up Kazuha mats, but 3 times total is still way too many times to have a fight undone by bad QA.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Yeah, reset distance seems way tighter on some regular enemies too and it's my biggest beef with Inazuma alongside the total lack of useful tutorials on the new overworld stuff.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Huge session today saw me get the event to invite Beidou done as well as a huge chunk of exploration and done up to chapter two of the Inazuma region. I lost 50/50 and got Jean instead as well as enough Ninguang's to get her to C5, which is by no means a problem. Then I got Ayaka within 30 pulls of the next rotation so looking pretty good for Baal with about 60 Intertwined fates and 11,000 Primogems and lots to farm still assuming having Sara also on the banner doesn't muck with things too much. Can finally ease off the hard grind sessions of the game a bit now that I'm mostly caught up and got the things I was looking to get.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

The first time MK hosed me on that was during a sidequest where he's in a different arena, and he did it twice in a row. He's only done it once while I'm farming up Kazuha mats, but 3 times total is still way too many times to have a fight undone by bad QA.

yea he did that to me too in that quest, the arena is just wonky for him I guess

the nameless samurai did it to me as well actually. the dash moves are really bad for these arenas

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I've been playing since the beginning of summer probably, I think I started a week or so prior to the Zhong rerun? I don't remember who it was. Last month, I got the BP for the first time since I managed to finish it with a day left, and I wanted to see what it's deal was. I don't think I'll buy it again though.

About a week ago I bought my first Welkin since I knew I'd wanna pull for Yoimiya and Sayu, and I figured the extra promos would be nice for it. I don't know if I'll do Welkin again, though I'm considering it since I play the game a lot and really do enjoy it. I've never played an MMO before or any other subscription game, but I don't mind spending a couple bucks like this for a constantly updated game that I'm having fun with.

I just got a stable job after COVID shutting my industry down since graduation, and my wife just got headhunted into a way better job, so dropping $15 as a celebratory treat for myself on a game that occupied 40% of my summer was nice.

I cannot imagine buying top ups or anything. That seems wild to me. I don't really have the gambling, addiction, FOMO, or collecting bugs in my brain, though, so I can fortunately approach this game in a very take-it-or-leave-it manner. I'm not interested enough in obnoxiously overtuned combat challenges to feel like I need to buy my strength up, either.

I also largely like Mondstadt character designs way more than any other nation thus far (except for Chongyun, he looks cool), so I haven't had to sweat the banners too much. I would mark out hard for a Jean banner, though, as I love her design (I am weak to paladins) and her personality is extremely close to my wife's, so she hovers dangerously close to waifu territory.

I regret not pulling Klee, because she is a precious cinnamon bun. During the banner I was like "why would I want some dumb kid" but now I'm like "I wish I was hanging out with that dumb kid."

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Mailer posted:

That was a crack about the next abyss where they have dendro enemies and using Bennet's Q apparently infects you with some kind of turboburning.

There's actually only one side of one chamber on floor 11 that has dendro enemies in it. So, the only way those tweets make sense is if it's the floor effect that applies dendro. Which I don't think will be an issue if it does since the floor effect that's leaked can't actually kill you and Bennett can easily out heal burning.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I've been playing since the Klee banner, started buying BP and welkin sometime after that.

5 BPs, 6 welkins = $80

$100 + $50 in gnosis crystals. The first 100 got me venti, Zhong LI. The second 50 was thinking my incredible luck was on a roll (stupid me). Luckily, I didn't get burned, and everything I rolled turned out to be useful in some way.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Upcoming Starglitter shop characters are Noelle and Beidou, as expected. Double C6, here I come! :getin:

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I don't regret having bought continuous Welkins and every battle pass since I began playing, even the ten extra levels for the first battle pass since I began late and wouldn't get them otherwise

However, I once bought the hundred-dollar crystal top-up and was surprised at how quickly the crystals disappeared and how little I gained for my hundred. I don't want to buy another top-up for wishes, and I think you'll regret it, too. I might consider it if I'm buying something certain with a set price, such as a character costume

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Bloody Emissary posted:

Upcoming Starglitter shop characters are Noelle and Beidou, as expected. Double C6, here I come! :getin:
Aww drat, that means I need to scrimp and save so the month after that I can get my C6 Ningguang, doesn't it

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

dogsicle posted:

iirc they've already talked about a 5 year plan for this one, so that's the minimum i'd expect

Tae posted:

Puzzle and Dragons is still going strong after 9 years, Honkai Impact (Mihoyo's other game) is going on 5 years.

based on those two things, does Honkai Impact have any signs of wrapping up their own storyline soon or is the style of the game different from Genshin?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I imagine the Honkai story still needs to elaborate on how Genshin is part of the same universe.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I legit think Genshin will finish all 7 nations before Honkai wraps up their story, they just go on long rear end tangents for months

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Speaking of the nations, what nation is everyone most excited for? I've already talked at length about Sumeru before and it's definitely the one I'm ready for the most. I have huge love for big sprawling gorgeous deserts in games.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Does anyone know why the sacrifical greatsword's ER is so much less than every other favonious or sacrificial weapon?! I just raised this think to 80, and it's complete dog poo poo. wtf!

edit: apparently favonious lance is dogshit, too?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

dogsicle posted:

iirc they've already talked about a 5 year plan for this one, so that's the minimum i'd expect

Was that rumor of them redoing Inazuma because they immediately scrapped the plan and changed it to a decade long after the launch blew up beyond possibility just a bunch of garbage?

It does feel like the stuff they had pre-packaged (fischl event the biggest thing, but really all of them till windblume) were a much different tone than the ‘we’ve made this after getting feedback’ stuff.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I'm excited for Fontaine but thats mostly because I want to see how they marry water, steampunk cablecars/cameras/technology, ace attorney level judicial systems, and loving rock and roll

kater
Nov 16, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

I imagine the Honkai story still needs to elaborate on how Genshin is part of the same universe.

This has been addressed in the crossover. Some characters in Honky created Genshin Impact. The videogame.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I just please ask that any new areas don't cause my phone to overheat and take too much space.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Does anyone know why the sacrifical greatsword's ER is so much less than every other favonious or sacrificial weapon?! I just raised this think to 80, and it's complete dog poo poo. wtf!

the weapon substats are balanced against their atk. Sac GS has the highest atk you usually see in 4* tier, at 44 atk (565 max) so it gets a lower ER value than Fav GS with 41 atk (454 max). that's the sort of thing you'd take into account along with the weapon passive when deciding who a weapon is good for.

Fav Spear can illustrate this pretty well with someone like Xiao. he's a character who does have fairly strict ER requirements but you still want a weapon with high atk for your atk% stuff to scale off of. so it's better for him that Fav hits that top end 4* atk. honestly looking at some other characters (Zhongli, Rosaria) they seem better suited to the current Fav Lance than if it were 454/60% like the claymore version. Xiangling is really the only one who wants something like that and she can get by with Fav and some substats just fine anyway.

e: and i suppose there's the Starglitter if you really wanted to pump ER a bit more on Xiangling, though she'd still need some substats for ideal numbers iirc.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Aug 1, 2021

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
You can also compare Snow Tombed Starsilver against Dragonspine Spear to see this too. Same substats but very different distributions.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Weapons come in three different flavors of base ATK. The higher the base ATK, the lower the substat.

Broadly speaking, a level 90 4* weapon can have 565 ATK and 30.6% ER (Sac GS), 510 ATK and 45.9% ER (Protoype Starglitter), or 454 ATK and 61.3% ER (Sac Sword).

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Speaking of the nations, what nation is everyone most excited for? I've already talked at length about Sumeru before and it's definitely the one I'm ready for the most. I have huge love for big sprawling gorgeous deserts in games.

I'm excited for Sumeru because I think it might make sense to introduce a riding animal or a dune buggy or something if we're gonna have sprawling desert.

I want to see what kind of technology is going on in Fontaine, and I'm very curious as to what Fontaine playable characters will look like, since everyone we've seen from Fontaine so far sticks out like a sore thumb among the fantasy-quasi-medieval aesthetics of the other nations. They all look like blackjack dealers from a speakeasy.

I really wanna see the Mare Jivari, which I think is in Natlan. It sounds like a very moody and spooky zone, an endless expanse of windless, haunted ash, sorta like the Kiln of the First Flame in Dark Souls.

And I'm curious about The Chasm, cause the underground areas in Inazuma have been super fun and I'd love to see a whole nation sized zone that was essentially the Underdark.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I started playing in october, got the welkin since then, got the battle pass twice. the worst is that I spent like 50$ not to get any charcter but to get enough to buy bennet c1 from the shop. that was before I realized that over a long enough timeline I would've gotten him. Probably like 80-90$ in total. not too bad for a game I've been playing for so long.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I’m sorta expecting Khaenriah to come like after Fontaine or something not directly 1234567 the end.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

kater posted:

Was that rumor of them redoing Inazuma because they immediately scrapped the plan and changed it to a decade long after the launch blew up beyond possibility just a bunch of garbage?

It does feel like the stuff they had pre-packaged (fischl event the biggest thing, but really all of them till windblume) were a much different tone than the ‘we’ve made this after getting feedback’ stuff.

Yeah I think that rumor was a whole lot of made up bullshit (it read that way at the time too). The 5 year plan outline was part of their GDC presentation so that's as legit as it gets.

I had figured it would be more like 7 years so I'm pleasantly surprised. Looking forward to getting most of the main plot when my oldest kid is... in middle school, lmao.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

kater posted:

I’m sorta expecting Khaenriah to come like after Fontaine or something not directly 1234567 the end.

if they keep the order they gave us when they did the inital teyvat reveal or whatever it will be coming after snezhnaya, but the act number for that chapter was ???? so there's room for stuff to happen between then (or for it to be rearranged)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

A couple things with Khaenri’ah has text sorta glitching out or with like a “redacted” effect so who knows when it’s coming or what any of it means. I’m extremely curious, though.

I wonder if Dain will have a new element or if he’ll get a Vision before he’s playable, when that happens years from now.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

genshin introduces 'neutral' as an element, phys comps are in shambles

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Chinese anime Russia let's go

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I was trying to use that on Beidou with Eula and I wound up giving her another serpent spine instead of refining Eula's. Then I transferred it to Xinyan and wasn't impressed at all despite it supposedly being best in slot with Millileth, although that may have a lot more to do with Xinyan than it does with the sword.

Meanwhile sacrificial sword is amazing on both XQ and Kazuha, I'm not sure Kaz is better than Sucrose with Sacrificial Fragments but I will say he does know how to finish out an abyss floor in style:
https://i.imgur.com/TSHCecJ.mp4

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Does anyone have any good tips for the final fight in the last Tatara Tales quest, where you have to defend the thing? I loathe fighting the fatui at the best of times (shields that can only really be broken by one specific element, water guys heal others, they always team water with ice which effectively stun locks you with freezes.... They just arent fun to fight) and I can get to the second phase with 74% durability left on the thing.... But then I cant defend it from the guys who turn invisible, because there are two of them, they spawn at opposite sides of the arena, so I cant easily set them both on fire (my usual way of keeping track of them). Am very much not enjoying this fight.

My team is Anemo Traveller, Razor, Bennet and Zhongli, I also have Kaeya, Fishil and Xingqui at a reasonable level, and I'm in the process of leveling Diluc, Diona, Sucrose and Beidou as a B-team, so could theoretically sub some of them in.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

SiKboy posted:

Does anyone have any good tips for the final fight in the last Tatara Tales quest, where you have to defend the thing? I loathe fighting the fatui at the best of times (shields that can only really be broken by one specific element, water guys heal others, they always team water with ice which effectively stun locks you with freezes.... They just arent fun to fight) and I can get to the second phase with 74% durability left on the thing.... But then I cant defend it from the guys who turn invisible, because there are two of them, they spawn at opposite sides of the arena, so I cant easily set them both on fire (my usual way of keeping track of them). Am very much not enjoying this fight.

My team is Anemo Traveller, Razor, Bennet and Zhongli, I also have Kaeya, Fishil and Xingqui at a reasonable level, and I'm in the process of leveling Diluc, Diona, Sucrose and Beidou as a B-team, so could theoretically sub some of them in.

It's not a domain, so you could probably lower your world level for a day to make it easier.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Agnostalgia posted:

It's not a domain, so you could probably lower your world level for a day to make it easier.

Yeah, I already did that to beat the mechanical doohicky boss yesterday, so it should already be lowered... I'd literally just clicked over to WL51, and it decided that meant that the boss should be level 89 or so, despite me having 1 character at level 81 and 1 character at 80, the rest of my A-team are mid 70s.

gently caress it, I'll call it for today and come back fresh tomorrow, I think I'm getting tilted at this point.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
Always remember to visit Narukami Shrine and draw a good fortune before using the gacha:

Been trying to get Yanfei for a while, but I guess I just needed the gods blessing.
(I don't think the fortune actually does anything, but might as well spread my brainworms.)

SiKboy posted:

Am very much not enjoying this fight.

I would say that Razor/Bennett/Xingqui might be a good team for fighting Fatui, depending on how comfortable you are with them gear wise. Either Kaeya or Diona as the last spot in order to trigger superconduct for Razor. I've used Diona a lot before I got her to friendship 10 and I've found that she doesn't really need great gear to function well. Just a few talent upgrades and an average health pool to make her heal/shield better. Just being able to freeze one of the pyro assassins can help quite a bit and Dionas + Xingquis burst in combination can keep one of them frozen for a while if the spacing is right.for last.

They do kind of expect you to blow up the Fatui almost immediately, or have a big burst combo to immediately remove them.

Zwiebel fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 1, 2021

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Mix. posted:

genshin introduces 'neutral' as an element, phys comps are in shambles

it'd be nice if the visionless got a champion

a rock lee equivalent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I'm torn between Natlan and Sumeru. I think both present cool possibilities for exploration. We've also heard almost nothing about Natlan, so it has the mystery box excitement.

Of the future characters we've seen, though, I think Lyney and Lynette from Fontaine look the most intriguing.