Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I played at the wedding of two friends a few years ago and they requested heavy metal. I played excerpts of Iron Maiden's 'Fear of the Dark', the Scorpions' 'Wild Child', and AC/DC's 'Thunderstruck'.

hell loving yeah, man. that AC/DC song especially I can imagine rips on bagpipes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

You ever have a weird dream that you're not happy in and then you wake up feeling the same? The mind is weird.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

a neat cape posted:

If I haven't watched TOS, will the TOS movies make sense?

Watch TOS it's great

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Yeah that's fair Korean fried chicken is loving incredible.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Dango Bango posted:

You ever have a weird dream that you're not happy in and then you wake up feeling the same? The mind is weird.

Yes basically every night. Pretty sure some med makes me incapable of having normal dreams.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

https://twitter.com/vinni_pereira/status/1421684182686871556?s=19

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I joined my high school math team because they gave free donuts.

I never placed in any math meet.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Dango Bango posted:

Uh yeah, today actually. I had a dream someone I know (knew in the dream, no one I knew in real life) was trying to kill me in my own house and I was trying to get the ghost that lived in the house to try and help me. It was not going well.

RE: Baby teething. I always preferred Motrin or Advil over Tylenol for teething. You need the swelling to go down and Tylenol does jack for that. They always say that babies don't have fever with teething but mine always did. It was like they had a full on cold every time.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Ehud posted:

She didn’t sleep through night until then? Dear god.

She did good until around 6 months, only waking for feedings as expected, then all hell broke loose and she would pop up screaming and awake if we as looked at the door.

But yeah, alternating Tylenol and ibuprofen worked wonders.

Dango Bango posted:

Often, yeah. The brain sucks.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

God damnit I had jalapeño pepperjack cheese sticks (let’s be honest they were logs) fried in wonton wrappers last night and they have been loving me UP since 5:00 this morning

It burns so bad someone help :negative:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

T-Square posted:

God damnit I had jalapeño pepperjack cheese sticks (let’s be honest they were logs) fried in wonton wrappers last night and they have been loving me UP since 5:00 this morning

This is where the Mint Dude Wipes come in super handy

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

She did good until around 6 months, only waking for feedings as expected, then all hell broke loose and she would pop up screaming and awake if we as looked at the door.

But yeah, alternating Tylenol and ibuprofen worked wonders.

Often, yeah. The brain sucks.

Teething sucks OP.

But we actually liked it because our kid never sleeps through the night but when he was teething we could give him Calpol which helped him sleep through the night so we got a break too.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Got up, walked the dog to the farmer’s market and got a bunch of peaches and various veggies, and now I’m trying Kenji Lopez-Alt’s sous vide carnitas recipe. I think it’s gonna be a good day.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Freaquency posted:

Got up, walked the dog to the farmer’s market and got a bunch of peaches and various veggies, and now I’m trying Kenji Lopez-Alt’s sous vide carnitas recipe. I think it’s gonna be a good day.

Oh drat those look amazing. I might make these this week too

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

T-Square posted:

What part of the grieving process is this?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/heiranseinaka/status/1421380579841482754?s=20

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

owns

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/NewsForAllUK/status/1421126546778173442?s=19

Hell yeah

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Durst looks even more incredible than I imagined actually on stage with his new look and Al Bundy wardrobe

https://twitter.com/toddboskey/status/1421697710986498049

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Joey Freshwater posted:

Oh drat those look amazing. I might make these this week too

I’m pretty stoked. I did run into a few problems though. First I usually just use the circulator in the 130-140F range, so I didn’t know if I could get it to 185 for the “classic” texture. Turns out it can’t and stalled out around 170 or so, so I’m doing the 12 hour cook instead. Not a big deal but a little frustrating. Second, with the marinade there’s a lot of liquid so I went with gentle pressure on the vacuum sealer, which really just meant that there’s still a bunch of air in there. Things were floating around until I built a ridiculous contraption out of spoons and tongs to keep everything submerged. Next time I’ll just give it more headspace when I seal it.

I made pressure cooker chile verde last week, so I’m incredibly excited to combine the two in some tacos tomorrow night.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Wow this Evaner Kane story is nuts.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Dango Bango posted:

Every once in a while, like I feel loving miserable for no reason and then I wake up reminding myself that it was just a dream and wondering why I was feeling that way to begin with. Basically:

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

The brain sucks.

On a different note, I watched the first four episodes of Dr. Death last night and am totally digging it. Josh Jackson has aged considerably since his Dawson's Creek days.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Intruder posted:

Durst looks even more incredible than I imagined actually on stage with his new look and Al Bundy wardrobe

https://twitter.com/toddboskey/status/1421697710986498049

https://twitter.com/Eve6/status/1421850720811175941?s=20

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkguEH-KOMQ

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lol at the playlist at the end

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/NotGarvin/status/1421856876514271232?s=19

Aztecs baybeeeeee

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

What part of the grieving process is this?

Honestly made me lol

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I love TFF

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

If that were true, you'd think he'd have better lyrics

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
What if I told you that in 2017, Little Caesar’s made a barbecue pizza that was a revelation, the best of its kind?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

General Dog posted:

What if I told you that in 2017, Little Caesar’s made a barbecue pizza that was a revelation, the best of its kind?

I’d say that’s uncrumbelievable.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

How was everyone else's Sunday?

:ughh:

reminder to kill me and dump my body in a loving river if I ever need to go to a nursing home

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Can’t win em all

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

My mom gave me some boxes of "my stuff" from her house when she moved to AZ. Went through it today and one of the boxes had random grade school assignments.

Why would you keep that?!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Dango Bango posted:

My mom gave me some boxes of "my stuff" from her house when she moved to AZ. Went through it today and one of the boxes had random grade school assignments.

She was proud of her boy. Er, unless they were assignments where you did badly, in which case she was keeping a reason to shame her boy.

I found one of my old notebooks a few years ago from college sitting around at my folks place which hadn't been thrown away for whatever reason (nothing gets thrown away there, it's kinda a nightmare). I was the worst note taker in history while also trying to be the most thorough. Absolutely nothing about the constant train of thought would help me pass a test, but I tried my damnedest to get everything my rambling professor said on paper.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

I have two file boxes of that poo poo my mom brought last time she visited. I'm just gonna burn it all.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/1421658671633903622?s=20

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I still can’t get over how weirdly self-loathing the Space Jam 2 script is

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Dango Bango posted:

My oldest daughter used to get mortally offended when I threw away her school work. I guess I could have lied and told her I kept it but I didn't feel like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

LeeMajors posted:

How was everyone else's Sunday?

:ughh:

reminder to kill me and dump my body in a loving river if I ever need to go to a nursing home

I kinda want to know what they actually did thinking it was CPR now. The nursing homes around here will just flat out say "We don't do CPR on our residents."