Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

That's like an entire fryer's worth of fries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

The Travis seems to consist of a lot of bits that I would really enjoy if they were used with discretion, but put all together, and that much? No thanks.

#ThankTravisForTravis

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Travis Is

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Travis has been solid on the shows as of late and I've been enjoying his bits.

Still. Had to make this,

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

never go full Travis

That said, would.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Bring a Travis face plate to the restaurant and ask them to dump the Travis on it.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

That's an achievable goal. They did mention in one of the latest episodes how they're sitting on a ton of MBAMBAM 10th anniversary plates.

quote:

This is a terrible time to sell a $55 plate. But, like, we already made the drat things and it’s our only 10-year anniversary ever. So here is our goofy plate, which you probably shouldn’t buy. We’re sorry.

https://www.themcelroy.family/2020/4/10/21215345/mbmbam-10-year-anniversary-plate

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Aug 2, 2021

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

The World Inferno posted:

That's an achievable goal. They did mention in one of the latest episodes how they're sitting on a ton of MBAMBAM 10th anniversary plates.

https://www.themcelroy.family/2020/4/10/21215345/mbmbam-10-year-anniversary-plate

I sincerely hope they spend the next 10 years selling them

I hope they spend years selling them at live shows

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Zero One posted:

Please enjoy... THE TRAVIS
there's a lot of build up on this for something that's basically a wet burrito with too many drat french fries

Speaking as a Travis I can't really endorse this product. If I was going to manifest a mom-and-pop eatery life threatening food vice it would have a lot more nacho cheese

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

https://youtu.be/2SHz8WYFRc4

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Ok Comboomer posted:

I sincerely hope they spend the next 10 years selling them

I hope they spend years selling them at live shows

I hope they come up with a failsafe plot

To demolish the unsold overflow

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

The World Inferno posted:

I'd give the $5 if they sharpied over Travis

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
Regardless of the timing, no one should buy any physical reproduction of that terrible logo art. I remain mystified by how that got approved, the only explanation I can think of being that they commissioned a friend and had too much social awkwardness to tell them how deeply they delved into the uncanny valley.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Mental image of the McElory's broke and destitute living in an RV with every plate they have being that plate, a few pot plants using it as a saucer and the kids using one as a frisbee

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

I hope they come up with a failsafe plot

To demolish the unsold overflow

I am drowning

there is no sign of land

we remain on the smooth tip

hand in unlovable hand

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
AND I HOPE I MUNCH

I HOPE WE BOTH MUNCH

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Justin's box was 150% ruined

Edit: the final Yahoo kills Justin

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 2, 2021

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
I can't believe they're still being sold for fifty-five entire United States Dollars. Nobody bought it at full price when it was relevant they sure as hell aren't going to a year later.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Acute Grill posted:

I can't believe they're still being sold for fifty-five entire United States Dollars. Nobody bought it at full price when it was relevant they sure as hell aren't going to a year later.

wonder what the margins on those plates are

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Ok Comboomer posted:

wonder what the margins on those plates are

about an inch, looks like

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

You'd think after they got burned bad by those stupid Bean Juice mugs they'd know not to egg each other on about actually going through with making terrible merchandise.

"It's funny because it sucks!" Sure, I guess. But, as you said, it sucks. So I'm not going to buy it.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I sell handmade plates for less than $55

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Empty Sandwich posted:

I sell handmade plates for less than $55

Do they feature terrible art of three West Virginians?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I want one of those dumb bean juice mugs so bad now

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Do they feature terrible art of three West Virginians?

not as yet

hell, I sell goatse mugs for less than $55, but I'm not sure where Kirk Johnson is from

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Yeah to be fair I really, really want one of those tye-dye shirts they made that just said PODCASTS on it, but only went to buy em' after they were gone. :qq:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Empty Sandwich posted:

not as yet

hell, I sell goatse mugs for less than $55, but I'm not sure where Kirk Johnson is from

Wait, were you hawking your wares on Rude Tales some weeks back? I distinctly remember looking at a pottery website featuring those and wondering about the path I had taken in life.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Justin’s TikTok account is full of crypto stuff and it shows a tremendous dedication to anti-comedy. Just what you’d expect from the creator of Richard Stink.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Would it be possible to make good art with the bean juice mugs and the brothers plates?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

Would it be possible to make good art with the bean juice mugs and the brothers plates?

you could incorporate them into a performance or installation piece

you could smash them and make ceramic mosaic/collage art

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
That'll go week with the human teeth!

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I ordered a "grip it and rip it" pin to be sent to my office just before covid. I can't wait for the underwater explorers who brave both the depths of old Chicago and the no-longer-novel coronavirus to extract it from its package in 2036

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

more falafel please posted:

I ordered a "grip it and rip it" pin to be sent to my office just before covid. I can't wait for the underwater explorers who brave both the depths of old Chicago and the no-longer-novel coronavirus to extract it from its package in 2036

is that the flophouse pin?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Ok Comboomer posted:

is that the flophouse pin?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3D1FmfN98I

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

lol I thought it was a Castlefreak joke

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

It only takes a little thing to turn a bad Munch Squad into a good one. This week that thing was them trying to parse out what it means to “purchase the cash equivalent of one million chicken nuggets and donate it.”

Oh yeah, and I tried those new Popeye’s nuggets earlier this week. They are impressively bad. I have no idea how they ended up so much worse than the tenders.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Ariong posted:

It only takes a little thing to turn a bad Munch Squad into a good one. This week that thing was them trying to parse out what it means to “purchase the cash equivalent of one million chicken nuggets and donate it.”

Oh yeah, and I tried those new Popeye’s nuggets earlier this week. They are impressively bad. I have no idea how they ended up so much worse than the tenders.

their tenders are pretty good (I actually prefer them to Popeyes bone-in chicken), so hopefully this is just a speed bump.

I do think that the nugs are superfluous for the money when you can just get tenders, but I guess it’s a solid way for them to use their tender trimmings? :v:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

this isn't even the first time popeye's has had nuggets

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Warbird posted:

Wait, were you hawking your wares on Rude Tales some weeks back? I distinctly remember looking at a pottery website featuring those and wondering about the path I had taken in life.

yup. I wondered at the time if someone would bring it up, but I think the only posters who know about the goatse mugs are the ones who were in GBS 11 years ago.

RandomPauI posted:

I can refire finished ceramics, but I can't think of anything compelling to do with the terrible plate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Post your URL if you don't mind. I don't think I could swing a gaping anus mug, but I'd be down for a nice bespoke coffee holder.