Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
dreadful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Nathan should be a 60s batman villain.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Mega64 posted:

I enjoyed the friendly casual racism.

I was confused when Howard's insult towards Ahmed was "black man". Is this a cultural thing or what

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Has Nathen ever been photographed with his mouth closed, or at least not making that weird gross open-mouthed expression?

:gary:

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Nathen Mazri told me to be alone. I hear and obey

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Has Nathen ever been photographed with his mouth closed, or at least not making that weird gross open-mouthed expression?

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

How many thousands of dollars has he spent on speech coaches to create the accented-no-accent dialect pastiche he speaks in? It's fascinating how odd it is

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
If Nathen ever shut his mouth, how would he be able to eat all that delicious lasagna (and also slip Garf that tongue)?

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
I think there's more to Nathen than just being the spoiled son of a super rich who was raised in isolation. There's plenty of arabian people who were in the same situation and they don't give off that "Alien trying to imitate a human" vibe.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Yaldabaoth posted:

I think there's more to Nathen than just being the spoiled son of a super rich who was raised in isolation. There's plenty of arabian people who were in the same situation and they don't give off that "Alien trying to imitate a human" vibe.

Maybe this is why his mouth is always open, his human suit is overly insulated or doesn't pass through certain gases he needs to survive?

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

pseudanonymous posted:

Maybe this is why his mouth is always open, his human suit is overly insulated or doesn't pass through certain gases he needs to survive?

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

That's probably a pretty accurate impression/imitation of what his entergaged customers do when they eat his food. The Big Cow Lasagna, the overcooked toppings on the pizzas with undercooked dough slathered in orange sauce, those coffees with orange peels at the bottom of the cup...you're making that face right now, aren't you?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
Ok so the coffee with orange peel thing, there’s a shop near me that makes a mocha with orange peel in it. It’s good. His is probably not though.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Somebody photoshop nathans face onto the mystery of the druids box

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

pseudanonymous posted:

Ok so the coffee with orange peel thing, there’s a shop near me that makes a mocha with orange peel in it. It’s good. His is probably not though.

But does theirs entergage you with a cartoon cat tie in?

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

pseudanonymous posted:

One of my favorite coffee drinks ever was an orange-peel mocha (perhaps from the same coffee shop, if you are in Seattle; only ever seen it at one place ever, who knows?) and I remember being a little upset that this particular drink was singled out for ridicule as a result, but in StrangeAeons' video (I think it was hers anyway?) she tries it and specifically mentions it somehow not tasting like orange at all, so I can safely believe it really is probably just as terrible as everything else.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

How many thousands of dollars has he spent on speech coaches to create the accented-no-accent dialect pastiche he speaks in? It's fascinating how odd it is

I'm guessing it's from theater or acting classes. I know someone who speaks with a similar affect and it's because of theater. They constantly sound like they're doing a character (badly).

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yaldabaoth posted:

I mean you're not pulling it off, so no sense in judging

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Big Beef City posted:

I mean you're not pulling it off, so no sense in judging

I'm not even trying to pose as human because quite frankly why would I even want to?

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I can see candied orange peel as a garnish for a beverage but lmao at just skinning an orange and probably getting a ton of pith in there

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

I can see candied orange peel as a garnish for a beverage but lmao at just skinning an orange and probably getting a ton of pith in there

It's just a bit, it just adds a bit of flavor, I dunno, try it if you see it on the menu somewhere. It is kind of weird when it tries to go in your mouth or fit through the little hole in the coffee cup.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I could see it working with a place that actually knew what they were doing, but you know Nathen just sorta plonked orange peel intoa coffee and called it good.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Yeah if you shave the very skin of the orange, you get blissful little slivers packed with those delicious oils. As soon as you get that spongy white pith in there, it gets extremely bitter and astringent and lol I'm imagining just an entire discarded tangerine skin, with the little bit of green stem still attached, floating in a cup of coffee.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'm pretty sure somebody posted a review when GarfieldEATS! was still open, and the orange garfaccino had actual honest to god huge chunks of whole orange peel in it, like they had orange for snack and took the discarded skins from the garbage bin as a practical joke.

Orange zest is obvious, it's just a way to deliver essential oils, and anything that pairs well with chocolate (as orange does) is going to pair well with coffee, but it takes an entergager supreme to completely misunderstand the concept in an attempt to emulate the appearance of being classy.

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Aug 2, 2021

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

He should have served it in a hollowed out orange carved into the shape of a Garfield head.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
do you think the orange skin is supposed to be like garf shavings?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Feline Mind Meld posted:

do you think the orange skin is supposed to be like garf shavings?

I don’t think Garfield would taste like an orange.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

garfessence

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Ambergris de Garf

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Frank Frank posted:

I don’t think Garfield would taste like an orange.

Of course not Garf tastes like lasagne Nathan is literally shaking right now

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Big Cow Coffee

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

not a bot posted:

Big Cow Coffee

See, the cows eat the coffee beans, and then poop out the beans, and that's the beans that go in the coffee.

It's just like that one fancy coffee, except you use store-bought coffee and common cows (instead of civets and "coffee cherries", two things that are probably not even real) and pass the savings on to the consumer.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Did garfield, in fact, eat?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Shinjobi posted:

Did garfield, in fact, eat?

Every day buddy. Every goddamned day.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
"I ate Mondays" - Garfield Arbuckle

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

See, the cows eat the coffee beans, and then poop out the beans, and that's the beans that go in the coffee.

It's just like that one fancy coffee, except you use store-bought coffee and common cows (instead of civets and "coffee cherries", two things that are probably not even real) and pass the savings on to the consumer.

I have to admire whoever tricked rich people into drinking coffee made from literal poo poo.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Faarm to plate, rear end to cup.

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

not a bot posted:

Farm to plate, rear end to mouth.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
2 garfs 1 cup (of discarded orange peels)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Yaldabaoth posted:

I have to admire whoever tricked rich people into drinking coffee made from literal poo poo.

I've had kopi luwak before which is the one made from cat poo poo. It was alright but when its brewed the whole room starts to smell like warm poo poo