Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
Have the Greens decided if they are voting out their leader?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Servetus posted:

Have the Greens decided if they are voting out their leader?

Short Answer: No

Long answer: Literally they did arbitration, the arbitrator said "What the gently caress you idiots no", so then the executive council has filed a lawsuit against AP. They are also doing their convention in mid August, AKA in the middle of the election, where she might still get turfed, again, in the middle of an election

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
With the Greens in disarray and O'Toole polling low in the prairies next week would be the ideal time for Trudeau to launch a fall election in a bid to shore up a majority. The NDP and Bloc don't want one because they enjoy being tiebreakers to spite the Tories and Libs when they want to.

I do wonder if the fourth wave we're walking into will get much traction as an attack on Trudeau given how well the vaccination campaign has been going until the recent slowdown.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Arcsquad12 posted:

I do wonder if the fourth wave we're walking into will get much traction as an attack on Trudeau given how well the vaccination campaign has been going until the recent slowdown.

Anyone trying to leverage it against him (conservative premieres) are the ones directly responsible for it so I don't think it'll work too well with the general public.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Yinlock posted:

Remember what a cat does to everything you own? Now apply that to nature. keep cats inside or leashed.

But if I keep the animal I chose to buy inside it'll wreck things that belong to me, the person responsible! It's my right to send my animal outside to wreck everyone else's poo poo and wantonly kill wildlife, both things that would be illegal if I did myself by any other means.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Pleads posted:

Anyone trying to leverage it against him (conservative premieres) are the ones directly responsible for it so I don't think it'll work too well with the general public.

That might work with the semi-aware rich rear end in a top hat cohort, but there's no shortage of low information/single issue voters that are willing to engage in cognitive dissonance to preserve the continuity.

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
I can't even fathom the level of gooniness necessary to get upset about cats being outdoors lol

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Willatron posted:

The outdoor cat ban thing is applicable to suburban or urban communities, but in rural municipalities it's not as black and white. My parents live in a rural area and literally cannot go without a good outdoor mouser cat. The one year they didn't have a cat (in between one dying of old age and finding a new one) they had a mouse infestation in their crawl space under the house. The alternative is using expensive and potentially dangerous traps and poisons, which is silly when one good outdoor cat will keep their house rodent free.

Yes outdoor cats kill a lot of small animals in their bloodlust, but keep in mind in some places there are a LOT of small animals that become a problem themselves if they aren't kept in check. Plus cats are territorial, so it isn't like their cat is going around town killing every animal in sight, she's protecting and hunting in a territory that probably doesn't extend past their property line by much if at all.

Careful, there's already a bias against us rurals itt.

I've got an infestation of Rattus norvegicus in one of my sheds that's eluding my two cats, two ferals, the dog, and now covered traps. Build a better mousetrap and nature just builds a better mouse.

DariusLikewise posted:

The Federal election starts next week probably

Wait, it hasn't started already??

Channel surfing on the truck radio in weekend holiday traffic - attack ad from a group I didn't catch. Most of the ad was making GBS threads on Kenney, his attack on health care workers during a pandemic and his general incompetent handling of the pandemic.

Almost as an afterthought at the end, something along the lines of: "Vote O'Toole if you want the same for the rest of Canada".

Very amusing.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Hexigrammus posted:

Careful, there's already a bias against us rurals itt.

I've got an infestation of Rattus norvegicus in one of my sheds that's eluding my two cats, two ferals, the dog, and now covered traps. Build a better mousetrap and nature just builds a better mouse.

Nah. A rural mouser is a working animal, and who doesn't love barn cats?

Am I wrong for being totally indifferent to federal elections because literally all the liberals need to do to win in ottawa-vanier is to just show up? The NDP haven't pretended to give a poo poo since Emile Taman rolled through, the tory candidates show all the debating skills of a speak-and-say, and Mona Fortier['s staffers] can't be hosed to answer any messages we send her.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Eagerly awaiting the Conservatives being outraged about Trudeau calling an election during a pandemic while also praising Jason Kenney and Alberta for removing all restrictions / acting like COVID is over.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Hexigrammus posted:

Wait, it hasn't started already??

Channel surfing on the truck radio in weekend holiday traffic - attack ad from a group I didn't catch. Most of the ad was making GBS threads on Kenney, his attack on health care workers during a pandemic and his general incompetent handling of the pandemic.

Almost as an afterthought at the end, something along the lines of: "Vote O'Toole if you want the same for the rest of Canada".

Very amusing.

haha yeah I heard that ad too, can't recall the name of the group but they aren't specifically attached to any party, just ABC I guess

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
I can't figure out what the UCP's angle is in stopping testing for COVID. Like, sure, it'll look like there's not much of an outbreak initially, but when the delta variant keeps running rampant through unvaccinated people in Alberta (and there's a LOT) they won't be able to hide the hospitalizations or ICU admissions or death. Since the only people getting tested will be in hospital it'll look like COVID suddenly has a 30% fatality rate. And this will disproportionately affect rural Albertans and religious antivaxxers and low-information voters... y'know, the UCP base. So their benefit from this is :confused: You can't get votes from someone who died from a (preventable) plague!

linoleum floors posted:

I can't even fathom the level of gooniness necessary to get upset about cats being outdoors lol
oh sure, it's OK for the neighbourhood cats to poo poo in my tomatoes, but I send my kids to the neighbour's ONCE to poo poo on their lawn and I'm a 'problem resident.'

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Albino Squirrel posted:

I can't figure out what the UCP's angle is in stopping testing for COVID. Like, sure, it'll look like there's not much of an outbreak initially, but when the delta variant keeps running rampant through unvaccinated people in Alberta (and there's a LOT) they won't be able to hide the hospitalizations or ICU admissions or death. Since the only people getting tested will be in hospital it'll look like COVID suddenly has a 30% fatality rate. And this will disproportionately affect rural Albertans and religious antivaxxers and low-information voters... y'know, the UCP base. So their benefit from this is :confused: You can't get votes from someone who died from a (preventable) plague!

oh sure, it's OK for the neighbourhood cats to poo poo in my tomatoes, but I send my kids to the neighbour's ONCE to poo poo on their lawn and I'm a 'problem resident.'

Jack Mintz is on the board of a lab group that will be doing private drive-through testing for 18 bucks a pop.

They already have tie-ins to AHS back end.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

linoleum floors posted:

Yes, noted goons such as The Smithsonian, JSTOR, and UMass all need to get a life :jerkbag: I don't know what Australia's problem is, it's not like anybody misses those 20 species driven to extinction.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Guest2553 posted:

Yes, noted goons such as The Smithsonian, JSTOR, and UMass all need to get a life :jerkbag: I don't know what Australia's problem is, it's not like anybody misses those 20 species driven to extinction.

Are you the rereg of that psycho who posted his cat killing fantasies on here a week or two ago?

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
The election may actually be interesting in my riding this time around since Peter Kent is retiring, so the Cons may not necessarily coast to victory in Thornhill.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Are you the rereg of that psycho who posted his cat killing fantasies on here a week or two ago?

I don't know what you're talking about but while we're getting all rhetorical, it may surprise you to know there's a few degrees of separation between thinking cats are an ecological menace and lacking the wherewithal to openly discuss torturing them them. In fact, I even used to have cats and loved them despite being allergic as gently caress.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Guest2553 posted:

I don't know what you're talking about but while we're getting all rhetorical, it may surprise you to know there's a few degrees of separation between thinking cats are an ecological menace and lacking the wherewithal to openly discuss torturing them them. In fact, I even used to have cats and loved them despite being allergic as gently caress.

It is you!

quote:

let it be an outdoor cat and it starts making GBS threads in my yard and destroying my plants guess what? you now have a poisoned cat and when you ask me if I have seen it I will say i have not I hope you find it!

Why even own a pet if you're not going to take care of it, outdoor cat owners are objectively bad people, they live significantly shorter lives, have more health problems and destroy native wild species. and before you call me a cat hater I have two cats and they're the best and they're indoor cats like all cats should be. Stop being lovely pet owners thank you

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

weird way to spell "do it ironically"

Albino Squirrel posted:

look i'm just saying i spent six whole dollars on that jug of shake and feed and i won't have them showing me up by doing the same job for free

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I’m just making GBS threads around I don’t know if you’re the same poster. I just find it weird the things that get goons heated

Israel vs Palestine
Tipping
Outdoor cats

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

N95 masks vs paint respirators

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Question. What does the thread think of bringing pet bunnies out to your garden for a couple hours at the time? Is that ok?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Only if the garden is behind my house and I'm allowed a series of tests to determine which is softer

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

Question. What does the thread think of bringing pet bunnies out to your garden for a couple hours at the time? Is that ok?

I did that with my guinea pigs and those sumbitches loved it.

quote:

I just find it weird the things that get goons heated

Sealioning a legit concern by insinuating I'm "that psycho...with cat killing fantasies" and then handwaving it away with that "when you respond like that I'm actually joking" is some trick-rear end bullshit.

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Aug 2, 2021

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

flakeloaf posted:

Only if the garden is behind my house and I'm allowed a series of tests to determine which is softer

Hieronymous. However she isn't allowed outside again until I can really secure the yard

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
If you're going to derail the CanPol Thread over cats, at least post some cats.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Noblesse Obliged posted:

I’m just making GBS threads around I don’t know if you’re the same poster. I just find it weird the things that get goons heated

Israel vs Palestine
Tipping
Outdoor cats

The Keg

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Lindy's

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Park loving

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

flakeloaf posted:

Park loving

Also by extension Park Drinking

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
https://youtu.be/YSuHrTfcikU

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

What's the thought on getting together with a couple of fully vaxxed friends? Would like to play some board games / drink wine with them, likely at my place, but I've been probably overly cautious the last 18 months so I just have no idea what's even smart or stupid at this point.

I imagine this is probably a reasonable thing to do, I fully trust the vaccines and my friends aren't dumbasses, but apparently I need validation from strangers on the internet that this is ok (or that this is a stupid idea).

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Well it's not a perfect idea with delta, but a much lower risk activity then hanging out with unvaccinated jerks

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

You're vaccinated go to town

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

ColdBlooded posted:

What's the thought on getting together with a couple of fully vaxxed friends? Would like to play some board games / drink wine with them, likely at my place, but I've been probably overly cautious the last 18 months so I just have no idea what's even smart or stupid at this point.

I imagine this is probably a reasonable thing to do, I fully trust the vaccines and my friends aren't dumbasses, but apparently I need validation from strangers on the internet that this is ok (or that this is a stupid idea).

Go for it.

I'd maybe think twice if anyone lived with someone at higher risk (unvaccinated, elderly, immunocompromised) but if y'all are ok with it then enjoy!

What board games?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

pokeyman posted:

What board games?

This is the real question that'll spark the thread on fire (instead of the wrong urban outdoor cat defenders)

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

pokeyman posted:

Go for it.

I'd maybe think twice if anyone lived with someone at higher risk (unvaccinated, elderly, immunocompromised) but if y'all are ok with it then enjoy!

What board games?

One of my buddies has a 3 year old, but other than that I imagine all other members of both their households are fully vaccinated. I live alone, so no worries for that on my end. My buddy with the 3 year old seems comfortable with doing this though; maybe that makes him a dumbass - no idea.

One of them got My City which I had never heard of, but it just came out in 2020 and seems interesting. Otherwise maybe looking at Scythe or one of the Eclipse expansions if we don't want to learn how to play something new.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Well if you're all vaccinated the evidence suggests you also are not transmittable carriers, so the three year old would not be at heightened risk.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

We all got vaccinated as a joke. It doesn’t work.

Also kidding.

See your vaccinated friends. It’s fine.