Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m trying shield crush and SST bleed

They both work really well with bleed. With SST I didn’t like aiming and also worrying about moving and keeping fortify up with shield charge. My Brain can’t handle that much. So I’m sticking with Crush for the moment

This is the first time I’ve used cruelty in a bleed build . I think it’s working ? They little icon says “40%”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FZeroRacer posted:

one of the things i did to solve my mana issues was to use devouring diadem. not only is it a really good help in its own right (cwdt + desecrate is really good sustain), but eldritch battery + the ES on it means you can reserve all of your mana and sustain through ES alone. plus it also makes the es/health clusters actually worthwhile.

i have like 250 unreserved mana and clarity, I meant as a good thing. I have infinite mana with a loving six link lol
They're so kneecapping Sab.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Steam numbers

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Hey we're still beating legacy's peak numbers!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Worse than synthesis and harvest . Rip

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

domination the best league ever, numbers prove it

I guess I'll finally roll a character for the league tomorrow. spectral helix looks too fun to not play

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I don't recall blight being that bad at retention lol.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
One thing I find interesting is how little dropoff older leagues had, and I honestly can't fully place what that reason is. I remember playing back then I rarely quit a league before the 4 week mark, and some of the leagues I really enjoyed like Legacy or Breach I played a solid two months of.

Since sometime around Betrayal I can't remember a league I played more than 3 weeks of, and weaker leagues were only two. Even leagues I loved like Harvest or Delirium were still only about 3 weeks.

Maybe it's just that PoE is feeling more stale as time goes on, and there's not really much that can solve that, I've been playing the game for 10 years. But some part of it is that leagues have been feeling more unfinished, so often the first week of a league is tuned horribly in either rewards or difficulty, or both. With the obvious extreme cases like Heist which didn't even have a lot of the content available at launch.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Ferrinus posted:

I've been having an okay time with an Absolution Guardian (and can finally afford Soulwrest to slide the final chess piece into place)

Update on this one: Absolution is either bugged or misleadingly written, because it consumes corpses to make minions but not to refresh those minions. I'm only getting good phantasm numbers when my CWDT spirit offering goes off repeatedly.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I think, ultimately (and this is part of why I've stuck with it in spite of the frustrations) my enjoyment of this game is almost entirely in putting together builds I haven't really tried before and seeing how far they can get, and being more or less okay (even if there's frustration at the time) with that answer being "not far" or "okay now you have to spend lots of currency to make progress" (which is functionally the same as "not far") or most often "okay but I'm bored of this build now".

I've only ever killed Sirus once (though I've fought him several times). I've never killed Uber Elder. I've never even seen any of the newer endgame/end league mechanic bosses. And I'm pretty much okay with this. It's not going to change, and I don't particularly need it to.

So in some ways the top-end game getting harder to build for sucks for me and in some ways it doesn't, but I'd very much like to see them not stomp quite as hard on the more unusual mechanics like cast-while-whatever, because new and weird mechanical combos, particularly ill-advised ones, are pretty much all I'm here for.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Cinara posted:

One thing I find interesting is how little dropoff older leagues had, and I honestly can't fully place what that reason is. I remember playing back then I rarely quit a league before the 4 week mark, and some of the leagues I really enjoyed like Legacy or Breach I played a solid two months of.

Since sometime around Betrayal I can't remember a league I played more than 3 weeks of, and weaker leagues were only two. Even leagues I loved like Harvest or Delirium were still only about 3 weeks.

Maybe it's just that PoE is feeling more stale as time goes on, and there's not really much that can solve that, I've been playing the game for 10 years. But some part of it is that leagues have been feeling more unfinished, so often the first week of a league is tuned horribly in either rewards or difficulty, or both. With the obvious extreme cases like Heist which didn't even have a lot of the content available at launch.

a big part of it is that, normally, if you don't like your main build, you can just throw on some twink gear and blitz the story and be playing something new. Or buy some of the regret orbs that the league shits at you. This league rerolling feels like a far bigger slog than normal and regrets have been 1.5c or more basically the entire time and the league is very sparing with them.

if i had to guess harvest was turning a lot of people off with having to set up an ~optimized garden~ to meaningfully keep up with everyone else who had set up the generic optimized reddit garden

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
How is rerolling more of a slog? You lost a bit of speed from movement skills and flasks but in the grand scheme of things it's not a significant difference. You're still gonna just roll everything with a 6link and capped resists.

For me at least that is not an issue at all, I made a 2nd character on Friday because I was bored and it felt exactly the same as any other league. Sadly I still don't really enjoy this league so even a new build can't really save that.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
the good news is next league will now probably be a circus with how rewarding it is to compensate for the player drop, and they'll add some new layer of power creep that totally invalidates all of the changes they just made lol

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Canine Blues is absolutely right and I hope everyone stops fighting about it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Tenzarin posted:

I don't recall blight being that bad at retention lol.
Curious to see next week's numbers as Blight didn't get its improvement patch until after its second weekend.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Cinara posted:

How is rerolling more of a slog? You lost a bit of speed from movement skills and flasks but in the grand scheme of things it's not a significant difference. You're still gonna just roll everything with a 6link and capped resists.
like, you answered your own question. you roll everything so all that matters is how quickly you can move through it, and all your quicksilver flasks are 30% less effective.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Adding 30 minutes onto the campaign doesn't suddenly make it a slog if you didn't consider it one before.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

George posted:

being right isn't a good reason to treat people poorly

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think a lot of the hardcore fans moved to the stand alone client

Not making excuses for anything . The numbers are bad

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I'm doing a few maps a day but I'm being very careful to only play during off hours so it doesn't contribute to the peak.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Cinara posted:

Adding 30 minutes onto the campaign doesn't suddenly make it a slog if you didn't consider it one before.

it was a slog before and now it's more of a slog. First 2 times through the story each season? sure whatever. After your 5th or 10th or 15th?

like one of the cool things about poe is how many cool builds the game generates. having to put up with the entire story just to try out one of them is probably the biggest thing limiting most players from trying more builds per season.

and yeah it's now just slower than it already was.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Cinara posted:

"more" indicates that the quantity already existed and was made greater.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

euphronius posted:

I think a lot of the hardcore fans moved to the stand alone client

Not making excuses for anything . The numbers are bad

Yeah, I don't think (hope?) anyone treats the raw numbers as super useful. It's a large enough size though to get a rough idea of trends. Similar trends you can find on historical twitch charts too.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

George posted:

alternatively,

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Reiterpallasch posted:

being right isn't a good reason to treat people poorly

I agree, and was really discouraged to see them doing it!

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Herstory Begins Now posted:

it was a slog before and now it's more of a slog. First 2 times through the story each season? sure whatever. After your 5th or 10th or 15th?

I'm the type who only makes 1-2 characters a season. And it's only two if the first one gets to maps and I'm not looking it for whatever reasons.

I think a lot of people are like you, where they don't mind doing it once, but I don't even like playing Door Hunter Simulator once a season at this point.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
If you thought the game was too easy, the power to make it harder was within you all along. Don't ascend. Use a worse skill. Run it in a 4link. Don't equip flasks. Run reflect maps while not immune.

Why did christoph, son of wil have to drag me into this poo poo?

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Zhulik posted:

If you thought the game was too easy, the power to make it harder was within you all along. Don't ascend. Use a worse skill. Run it in a 4link. Don't equip flasks. Run reflect maps while not immune.

Why did christoph, son of wil have to drag me into this poo poo?

rank 2 lvl100 in ssfhc played unascended marauder. pretty pog

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

SynthesisAlpha posted:

So I Rogged these boots, but they didn't have movespeed and were full on affixes. Aisling slammed them and voila, movespeed. I mean I'm definitely wearing them but what are these worth, like, 10+ ex?

So uh... are those by chance on HC trade league, because I would pay you $Texas for those right now.

My most recent Rog hit of the day

The base is tragic, and I'm REALLY tempted to vaal that thing.

Canine Blues Arooo fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Aug 2, 2021

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Cinara posted:

I’d say they’ve only updated Act 1 so far, but who knows what they do now.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Sure the game is alittle bit harder now but give it two more seasons and well be right back to do millions of dps insta gibbing endgame bosses and entire maps again.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Iverron posted:

I’d say they’ve only updated Act 1 so far, but who knows what they do now.

The act 1 changes had little to no effect on the amount of time act 1 took, outside of the molten shell goatmen and the rhoas in mud flats I honestly didn't even notice any difference.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Yeah I've complained a *lot* about the changes this league, both before and after the patch, but of all of them, the Act 1 changes I had no problem with. It actually felt better because of the improved sounds? Or whatever overhauls they did, it felt real *thick*.

Act 1 is also where the move speed and support damage nerfs were less noticeable since I was used to plodding along in that part anyway.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Whatever they did to mana costs is the only real change I noticed apart from Brutus finally coming out of lockdown.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

act 1 felt good. maybe a little overtuned considering you're weak as hell and don't really have "a build" at that point.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

HopperUK posted:

Whatever they did to mana costs is the only real change I noticed apart from Brutus finally coming out of lockdown.

You should not have noticed any significant mana cost changes in act 1, the only thing changed was support gems and most of the time you're still running a two link so at most you should have been spending 10-20% more mana.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Cinara posted:

You should not have noticed any significant mana cost changes in act 1, the only thing changed was support gems and most of the time you're still running a two link so at most you should have been spending 10-20% more mana.

I'm usually running a three-link as soon as I can so I noticed. :shrug:

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The first time I really noticed mana being worse was when I hit maps and tried to use an enduring flask and it wasn't even close to being enough to cover my mana costs. Prior to that I am always running a standard mana flask during the campaign so it wasn't really any different than normal, maybe you hit the flask a bit more but I never had mana issues. But the increased costs plus the large hit to the recovery on enduring it really didn't cut it at all.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

mana definitely felt bad pre-clarity on a 3L. haven't had any trouble since, actually i'd like to figure out a way to burn more mana so i can level my sigil of power a bit higher. but i'm a sab so this has absolutely no relevance to the builds that were actually nerfed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The biggest impact the act 1 changes had for me was in the very first area, since now those little shooty bug bastards are a real threat (not a major one but you kind of have to pay attention now) and not just an annoyance.