Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Antigravitas posted:

Activision/Blizzard is basically Ubisoft levels of bad.

I would say that it's worse than Ubisoft, and Ubisoft is really goddamn bad. That's how much worse it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Say what you will about Ubisoft but at least they didn't (TW: Sexual Assault, Suicide)

Sexually harass a woman until the point where she killed herself.

Hid camera's in the woman's bathroom to watch them pee

took the locks off the breast room feeding stations and would just walk in to see titty

repeatedly hit on, then punished a woman for not being "more fun" 5 days after her boyfriend died

made black women and only black women write essays to get paid time off

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Ubisoft is “just” run by French sexual predators*, Activision-Blizzard has sex predators but also war criminals. Also I don’t think Ubisoft caused a suicide

*there are other sex predators too that aren’t from France IIRC, but there’s apparently a lot of systemic discrimination against employees and offices that don’t speak French. At least according to the Asian studio that was working on skull and bones

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1421947803237064712

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

teen witch posted:

Moving to Europe was like “new DLC of racism just DROPPED”

Antiziganism is a form of cultural intolerance rather than racism.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Benny Harvey posted:

ehhhhh.....

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Poor bastard just time traveled from the 90s

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Benny Harvey posted:

Noooope.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Boba Pearl posted:

Say what you will about Ubisoft but at least they didn't (TW: Sexual Assault, Suicide)

Sexually harass a woman until the point where she killed herself.

Hid camera's in the woman's bathroom to watch them pee

took the locks off the breast room feeding stations and would just walk in to see titty

repeatedly hit on, then punished a woman for not being "more fun" 5 days after her boyfriend died

made black women and only black women write essays to get paid time off

I hadn't heard about making black women write essays to justify their time off. Looking it up, I saw this gem:

"The lawsuit claims women who reported concerns were not only unsupported by HR, but their complaints were also not kept confidential, resulting in retaliation which included being unwillingly transferred to another unit, being cut out of work projects, and being laid off."

This is a great lesson for everyone. HR is not there to protect the employee. Ever. They aren't there for you at all. They ONLY exist to protect the company.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Zesty posted:

I hadn't heard about making black women write essays to justify their time off. Looking it up, I saw this gem:

"The lawsuit claims women who reported concerns were not only unsupported by HR, but their complaints were also not kept confidential, resulting in retaliation which included being unwillingly transferred to another unit, being cut out of work projects, and being laid off."

This is a great lesson for everyone. HR is not there to protect the employee. Ever. They aren't there for you at all. They ONLY exist to protect the company.

Sounds like they're not doing a good job of that though as it seems like something that would blow up and cause the company a tonne of drama (like it is)

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Yeah, this time and well after the fact and only coming up now because it's related to other incidents that people actually got up in arms about.

Every HR Department at every company does this poo poo all the time. It's just usually at companies that aren't making one of the most well known videogames. I promise your local grocery store uses its HR department maliciously but it doesn't get the entire industry to take notice.

Zesty has a new favorite as of 00:57 on Aug 2, 2021

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah this is only brought up know ASAP the state of California is suing them for it.

That isn’t very reliable sadly

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

In case anyone was wondering, HR stands for "Gestapo". Hope that clears things up.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I had a coworker send an email to our HR department once

They forwarded it directly to our management with no identifying information redacted.

About the only thing I'll use my HR department for is health insurance related things because I don't know where the lost of medicines they cover is at and per our COO "we pay them to get information like that. Just send an email"

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1421994972300124162?s=19

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I know this thread is mostly a different kind of idiot these days but I would like to share this Amazon review, from a person who lives in constant fear of spontaneous bedroom combustion.

26 people found this helpful.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
That reminds me, are kids' pyjamas still made from asbestos or whatever tf these days? I remember when I was a kid, manufacturers were all over the FLAME RETARDANT FABRICS or FIRE RESISTANT MATERIALS and I wondered who was keeping open flames in their children's bedrooms.

I've just worn plain old t-shirts and boxers for 30-odd years now and haven't spontaneously (or otherwise) erupted into a conflagration in the bedroom.

inb4 "yes and we're all very disappointed"

also inb4 the low-hanging "I feel sorry for your wife", "i erupted in urmom's bedroom last nite", etc.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
No I think the flame retardant materials were also carcinogenic.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
I think that had to do with electric blankets being both commonly used and a godforsaken deathtrap.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
If only they'd made the building cladding out of discarded children's pyjamas.

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

Phosphine posted:

Blizzard (even pre-activision) has a culture of sexism that's bad even for game development, which is bad even for programming, which is a pretty lovely boys club to begin with. This includes covering for sex pests, joking that their hotel room at blizzcon is "the Cosby suite" (get it? Because rape. Haha) and literally sexually harassing a woman to death. They are now, after a two year investigation, being sued by the state of California. The management handled it as expected, and a ton of employees staged a walkout because of it. Ish

Ah wow. Okay thanks for the synopsis!

And thank you for the link. Very helpful!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I know this thread is mostly a different kind of idiot these days but I would like to share this Amazon review, from a person who lives in constant fear of spontaneous bedroom combustion.

26 people found this helpful.

Pillows have, historically, been the silent killer. Smothering, spontaneous combustion, potato tomato

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

If you eat a pillow it'll kill you too

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Do y'all not remember the epidemic that was people falling asleep with lit cigarettes?

I'm sure people are still smoking in bed but the whole FSC thing certainly seems to have "worked".

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Weatherman posted:

That reminds me, are kids' pyjamas still made from asbestos or whatever tf these days? I remember when I was a kid, manufacturers were all over the FLAME RETARDANT FABRICS or FIRE RESISTANT MATERIALS and I wondered who was keeping open flames in their children's bedrooms.

I've just worn plain old t-shirts and boxers for 30-odd years now and haven't spontaneously (or otherwise) erupted into a conflagration in the bedroom.

also inb4 the low-hanging "I feel sorry for your wife", "i erupted in urmom's bedroom last nite", etc.
I think the "flame retardant clothing" marketing fad of the 80's was because everything was made out of polyester in the 70's, and there were a few high-profile cases of kids coming in contact with flame and their pajamas basically turning into napalm. The flame-resistant stuff was basically the advent of poly-cotton blends that don't burn like gasoline.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Brawnfire posted:

If you eat a pillow it'll kill you too

Mostly by stabbing you for trying to eat it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Elblanco posted:

Mostly by stabbing you for trying to eat it.

A clear cut [pillow]case of self defense

mind you it'll probably still get sent down for it

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

FFT posted:

Do y'all not remember the epidemic that was people falling asleep with lit cigarettes?

I'm sure people are still smoking in bed but the whole FSC thing certainly seems to have "worked".

I certainly don't remember a time when kids were allowed to buy cigarettes, let alone smoke them in bed

Knormal posted:

I think the "flame retardant clothing" marketing fad of the 80's was because everything was made out of polyester in the 70's, and there were a few high-profile cases of kids coming in contact with flame and their pajamas basically turning into napalm. The flame-resistant stuff was basically the advent of poly-cotton blends that don't burn like gasoline.

I didn't know about this - cheers.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Smothering, spontaneous combustion, potato tomato
I haven't heard of that third one but it sounds like a horrible way to die

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
It's a horrible thing to survive as well. Consider not just having burns, but having the material fused with your flesh.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

gbut posted:

In case anyone was wondering, HR stands for "Gestapo". Hope that clears things up.

Human resource departments were essentially created to keep the Jews out.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

Weatherman posted:

My kid's PJs have a separate tag that literally says "keep away from fire"...so somehow I don't think that poo poo is flame retardant

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Pinus Porcus posted:

My kid's PJs have a separate tag that literally says "keep away from fire"...so somehow I don't think that poo poo is flame retardant

Dammit what the gently caress am I gonna do for my next Satanic child sacrifice now

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Benny Harvey posted:

Even if you were right, does it make it any less of an rear end in a top hat thing that should not be done?

The answer is "no," and thus you should gently caress off with that kind of moron nitpicking which attempts to make discrimination more acceptable.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Pinus Porcus posted:

Flame retardant just means that it burns less quickly

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

fuckin feds trying to keep my children away from fire

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Weatherman posted:

I certainly don't remember a time when kids were allowed to buy cigarettes, let alone smoke them in bed
That was re: the pillow flammability warning and "fire safe cigarettes", not "fire safe children".

/e: the original initalism was "Reduced Ignition Potential"

stringless has a new favorite as of 12:01 on Aug 2, 2021

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Benny Harvey posted:

No it’s absolutely racism

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

quote:

In 2000 Philip Morris introduced the 'fire-safe' Merit cigarette, with two thicker paper bands to slow the burning. Later that year, the company received hundreds of complaints alleging that long, partly burned tobacco was falling off the tips of lit Merit cigarettes, burning skin and flammable items. An in-house scientist (Michael Lee Watkins) analyzed the data and concluded Merit to actually be a greater fire risk than conventional cigarettes. In early 2002 Watkins was fired, and Merit continued to be marketed. For concealing information about the fire hazard, the U.S. Department of Justice filed a lawsuit against Philip Morris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Benny Harvey posted:

Lol, my grandparents were just culturally intolerant of their non-white neighbours. No, of course they weren't racist!