Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I briefly felt pretty pleased with myself when I popped the unique gamble challenge until I realised it was challenge progress and that challenge completion wanted me to spend currency not just gambling on items, but gambling for items I didn't even want the base of. Way too difficult for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
To everyone who is complaining about this season and quitting, I just have one thing to say:

Give me your stuff. I finally convinced my roommate to play and we're in yellow maps and having poo poo luck with drops and this was a terrible season for him to start but it's what's happening so I have to make sure he has a good time because I am hopelessly addicted and must pull others into my hell.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

CubeTheory posted:

To everyone who is complaining about this season and quitting, I just have one thing to say:

Give me your stuff. I finally convinced my roommate to play and we're in yellow maps and having poo poo luck with drops and this was a terrible season for him to start but it's what's happening so I have to make sure he has a good time because I am hopelessly addicted and must pull others into my hell.

I have like 20c and 4 awakened gems you might not want. Everything else is like 1c items in every slot. You’re waaaay ahead of me.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

poemdexter posted:

I have like 20c and 4 awakened gems you might not want. Everything else is like 1c items in every slot. You’re waaaay ahead of me.

I'm in game as AuraSignora, give me your everything, I am the Path of Exile vampire. I also only have like 20c, I cannot stress how unlucky this season has been for me lol. I've played many, many seasons and I've never seen it this dry.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
My league review after a week of play and a really nice weekend:

Its really not that bad. All in all, its not at all.
The "slowdown" of the game is, in all honesty, not there. I dont notice *a thing* about slower gameplay.
Ok, this might have something to do with being a deadeye archer, but it doesnt feel less zippy zoomy than before.
The campaign was a slog, but it always is, and i havent started a second character yet but since im stocked on levelling uniques i cant imagine it being significantly worse than before.

Flask changes... what of it? I mean seriously, all doom and gloom aside, what of it?
I see a threat on the screen i piano everything except life, which i reserve for the scarce moments betwenn 0 and 100% hp which are far and inbetween anyways, and should i get frozen i piano again cause i never remember which one is my freeze flask. One day i will roll "use when frozen" on my quartz (those are 30c on SCT currently) and then this is a non-issue too.
Since i never gave 2 shits about 100% ailment immunity (a concept that feels quite novel to me, when did this become a greater must-have than maxed resists even?) that nerf also didnt impact my gameplay in any way and i dont get what all the fuzz is about.

So whats new then?
Bosses are as unrewarding as ever, atlas is a chore as always, league mechanic is best skipped in leveling until maps when it gets good, as always.
Everything seems and feels exactly the same. Some builds have been gutted, some others now get some screentime, what gives?
If youre angry that you cant copy/paste the same CoC-build for the 8th year in a row will probably break some people, but for the casual player it really didnt have half the impact reddit makes it sound like.

Im actually enjoying the league and its content since logbooks magically started dropping after the 53% patch, and the actual expedition is more fun than heist, ritual and ultimatum combined.
Whatever happened to player retention is 95% reddits fault for throwing autistic tantrums for the sake of herd mentality and streamers magnify that by a lot, since their viewership cannot communicate beyond the levels of "omegalulz" and "pog" and will blindly follow their deity to damnation.

Im enjoying the league and will continue to push my character although i still think more than half the content could either be removed or made only available on demand as to not produce fomo, but expedition is good and delve is still fun and despite all odds, Legion is loving nice with Lightning Arrow (and a build thats kinda tailored towards it).

That said, Sirus dominated rares can go eat a few dicks with Baran mobs,
and immunities on mobs still have no place in this game, and i will die on that hill (cause i have 3400 hp).

Stay sane.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Also i Rog´d this belt:

Too bad the random quality was for stat improvement, of which is has zero.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I bought a really nice resist ring earlier with no ES but 15% tempering quality on it. "this guy is a moron and wastes his catalysts," I thought

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
Ripped the Rage Vortex to Harvest. I think more than half my characters since 3.11 have died in harvest. One would think I'd learn to not touch to plants but...

This entire evening has been trying to get Eye of Winter to work and man, I'm so scared about the damage. The current plan is to leverage Snakepit and Hydrosphere to unleash an auto-shotgunned Eye of Winter. In the an optimistic scenario, it's about 40ish shards to whatever happens. The plan is to play it Necro with life on block, but finding damage is hard as Necro. Could play it Elementalist, but then finding block is hard. Could play it Glancing Blows, but then I'm sad. There is the nuclear option which is to play it Mines, but you forgo the Hyrdosphere high roll. This is all further complicated in that I have no idea how this will play in reality. I really want to make Eye of Winter work though.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

How much damage you need for endgame btw? My minions currently do 180k each, pure cold dmg. With dominating blow that is in theory times 9 regular guys, 3 magic guys and 2 rare guys.. so 1,6M-2.5M dps.

I bought a forbidden taste yesterday, just need to get chaos res up there too. It is the only auto healing life flask I think.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Ripped the Rage Vortex to Harvest. I think more than half my characters since 3.11 have died in harvest. One would think I'd learn to not touch to plants but...

This entire evening has been trying to get Eye of Winter to work and man, I'm so scared about the damage. The current plan is to leverage Snakepit and Hydrosphere to unleash an auto-shotgunned Eye of Winter. In the an optimistic scenario, it's about 40ish shards to whatever happens. The plan is to play it Necro with life on block, but finding damage is hard as Necro. Could play it Elementalist, but then finding block is hard. Could play it Glancing Blows, but then I'm sad. There is the nuclear option which is to play it Mines, but you forgo the Hyrdosphere high roll. This is all further complicated in that I have no idea how this will play in reality. I really want to make Eye of Winter work though.

Ranger Deadeye?
Chain, +proj, point blank, evasion/dodge/spelldodge, spell damage from witch, projectile damage from ranger, crit from shadow, no idea if this could work.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Ranger Deadeye?
Chain, +proj, point blank, evasion/dodge/spelldodge, spell damage from witch, projectile damage from ranger, crit from shadow, no idea if this could work.

I went down this road a bit and the issue that arose was recovery, or at least snap recovery. You could run a cold damage leech solution, but because Eye is finnicky, and leech definitely won't always be available, you are super vulnerable to a double tap of some kind. However, with Forbidden Taste, this might not be that big of a deal. Saboteur runs into the same problem, but has 10% regen and just a ton of a different kind of DR in the mining kit. Some testing suggests that you can still setup the hydrosphere machine gun with mines with some practice. Mines right now might win the day on this, or I might just shelve Eye for the moment. We'll see how I feel in the morning. There is always a CI route somewhere here...

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Just put in my map for the day.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The gambling for uniques challenge is a lot easier than most people think. You’re swimming in currency after like yellow maps, just gamble bases you know have uniques. I got mine done on Friday and I’ve hardly engaged with it.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Infernal legion is what i was thinking of but yeah it’s probably not with that reservation for the 40 crit multi

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

where the gently caress are my map drops

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vasudus posted:

The gambling for uniques challenge is a lot easier than most people think. You’re swimming in currency after like yellow maps, just gamble bases you know have uniques. I got mine done on Friday and I’ve hardly engaged with it.

on the other hand I'm up to spending ten astragali buying every base that can roll unique and not getting a single one lol

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

on the other hand I'm up to spending ten astragali buying every base that can roll unique and not getting a single one lol

Yeah they seem super hit-or-miss. Someone told me to save all my Rog currency and wheel and deal with him when i got to maps. I burned all my currency with him and didn't end up using a single piece of it. I ended up getting better rolled gear for a minor fistful of chaos.

Wasted a few hours rerolling for a shot at a tabula and came up with nothing. Bought one for a couple chaos instead. These guys just don't like me.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

People said the large map machine is ugly. I found about this arch idea from youtube vid so I tried to make a large map machine with arches:

I think it looks quite fine! I wish the game had a top down view for placement. Or a visible floor grid.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lib and let die posted:

Yeah they seem super hit-or-miss. Someone told me to save all my Rog currency and wheel and deal with him when i got to maps. I burned all my currency with him and didn't end up using a single piece of it. I ended up getting better rolled gear for a minor fistful of chaos.

Wasted a few hours rerolling for a shot at a tabula and came up with nothing. Bought one for a couple chaos instead. These guys just don't like me.

In contrast the Rog gear I've gotten has been completely insane. Like I got a shield without added quality that has 2.6k armor, 40% block stun recovery, extra block, 96 life on block and resistances. Seriously thinking of making a shield based character later just because of that thing.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Ihmemies posted:

People said the large map machine is ugly. I found about this arch idea from youtube vid so I tried to make a large map machine with arches:

I think it looks quite fine! I wish the game had a top down view for placement. Or a visible floor grid.

I don't have 3-4 minutes to run around my map machine to reach the portals on the far side

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Do y'all just pick bases with no regard for what's on them when you Rog craft? Most of what he shows me is poo poo, and on the rare occasion something has a good mod or two, it immediately gets hosed over.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Devor posted:

I don't have 3-4 minutes to run around my map machine to reach the portals on the far side

Just use only one portal? I also have whirling blades so movement isn't that bad.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

In contrast the Rog gear I've gotten has been completely insane. Like I got a shield without added quality that has 2.6k armor, 40% block stun recovery, extra block, 96 life on block and resistances. Seriously thinking of making a shield based character later just because of that thing.

that's an endgame sst shield on armor alone, lioneye shield will take you to redmaps but you want more armor at higher tiers

Anyway let me hold that 👀

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah that’s a good shield god drat

Post a screen shot

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah the best I can tell there's just no middleground. It's either a font of gear from heaven, or an absolute dump. If the reroll currency would drop more often, I could see some sort of flattening of the disparity, but so far my luck with reroll currency is only matched by my luck with (not getting) expedition maps.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

poemdexter posted:

I’m done with the league I thinks. I leveled a necro to act 8 until I got to see how much reaper sucked. I then leveled a poison blade trap sab to white maps before I did some theory crafting and couldn’t find a way to boost my damage to the point it would be viable in red maps. I can’t even muster the courage to do a third build to attempt 36 challenges because gambling for uniques shouldn’t be a challenge as well as the 4 other boss specific conditionals sound like hell after last season (I skipped boss conditional to get 36).

I don’t mind slowing down the game. I think they just chose poor challenges for me to attempt this season. I also chose poorly thinking reaper would be good. I at least got the footprints but I just have no desire to slam my blade trap guy through more maps and dying constantly. I played several hours one night and couldn’t get from 83 to 84 due to the numerous deaths from random magic white maps.

you can just respec your sab into spell traps and have an extremely good character for this league y'know. ice trap is the obvious one but traps scale spells really well so you have a lot of alternatives like eye of winter+trap support, lightning spire trap, etc

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im regular lightning traps and have been annihilating everything in my path with no signs of stopping.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jazerus posted:

you can just respec your sab into spell traps and have an extremely good character for this league y'know. ice trap is the obvious one but traps scale spells really well so you have a lot of alternatives like eye of winter+trap support, lightning spire trap, etc

I’m playing exsanguinate/ seismic trap

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

So I've started to hit a wall with Spectral Helix in the yellow/red region. With more investment, I think I could get the DPS to feeling better so that some tankier mobs/bosses aren't a total slog, but eh. Helix is pretty fun, but I think it's mechanically flawed - you basically have to dive into the middle of packs (fun!) to have acceptable clear, but there's a wind-up time (not fun!) in which every single thing around you gets one or two hits in. This wasn't a problem in white maps on my Raider, but now I'm starting to pop a little too frequently for my liking.

There's no way I'm playing through the acts again this league, so I'm looking for ideas on what to respec into. Here's what I'm thinking so far:

- Archmage/MoM/Agnostic Storm Brand. This is what I really wanna do, but the top DPS guy on ninja only has like 2M DPS which is a bit low for the level of investment required.
- Cold SST. This seems to be one of the top builds of the league, but eh, the videos I've seen don't really appeal to me. It does look effective!
- Ele Hit. Looks to be a fantastic mapper and a fun play style, but I don't think I have enough currency to get the bossing to an acceptable point.

Anyone that's played these have any input? SC Trade fwiw

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Ihmemies posted:

How much damage you need for endgame btw? My minions currently do 180k each, pure cold dmg. With dominating blow that is in theory times 9 regular guys, 3 magic guys and 2 rare guys.. so 1,6M-2.5M dps.

I bought a forbidden taste yesterday, just need to get chaos res up there too. It is the only auto healing life flask I think.

If your doing 1.6m-2.5m you should be doing enough dps to get into red maps and start the endgame. Obv you will get more dmg over time, but its a good start with the nerfs.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Traitorous Leopard posted:

So I've started to hit a wall with Spectral Helix in the yellow/red region. With more investment, I think I could get the DPS to feeling better so that some tankier mobs/bosses aren't a total slog, but eh. Helix is pretty fun, but I think it's mechanically flawed - you basically have to dive into the middle of packs (fun!) to have acceptable clear, but there's a wind-up time (not fun!) in which every single thing around you gets one or two hits in. This wasn't a problem in white maps on my Raider, but now I'm starting to pop a little too frequently for my liking.

There's no way I'm playing through the acts again this league, so I'm looking for ideas on what to respec into. Here's what I'm thinking so far:

- Archmage/MoM/Agnostic Storm Brand. This is what I really wanna do, but the top DPS guy on ninja only has like 2M DPS which is a bit low for the level of investment required.
- Cold SST. This seems to be one of the top builds of the league, but eh, the videos I've seen don't really appeal to me. It does look effective!
- Ele Hit. Looks to be a fantastic mapper and a fun play style, but I don't think I have enough currency to get the bossing to an acceptable point.

Anyone that's played these have any input? SC Trade fwiw

frost blades, but it'll have the same expense problem as elehit for bosses

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
I'm playing this game for the first time and getting blasted. Level 60 but the maps are a few levels behind me which is not ideal apparently. Struggling to balance dps and survivability, especially elemental resistances. Running a bladestorm berserker build, just four links so far. I probably could invest in a six link at this point but I have no idea how much more effective that will make me. Still having fun even if I feel completely lost and have no idea what mechanics I should engage in. I have a loot filter so I just pick up the shinies and leave 90 percent of the gear if it isn't good for me personally.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
You're level 60, but the zones you're in are lower? ("Maps" are the post-campaign zones and I'd be really impressed if you made it to maps at level 60 for your first time playing)

Don't worry about a 6L. Those are expensive (especially for someone who doesn't know how to make money in this game) and totally unnecessary for beating the campaign.

Post your character here so we can critique it (make sure to set your profile to public first). I'm going to go ahead and guess that you don't have enough %life on the tree, some inefficient pathing and a slot of two of gear that's totally worthless, since that seems to be a recurring theme with new people who post their characters here.

Speaking of gear, you can join the goon guild to get access to the guild stash, which will probably have quite a few upgrades in there.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
I'm still doing the campaign (just finished the lunar temple) and don't think I've looted any maps other than a single expedition logbook. I'll link my character when I get home and would really appreciate any tips. I only just realized last night that I didn't need to have both my vaal and regular ancestral warrior gems slotted at the same time. . .

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Bright Future posted:

I'm still doing the campaign (just finished the lunar temple) and don't think I've looted any maps other than a single expedition logbook. I'll link my character when I get home and would really appreciate any tips. I only just realized last night that I didn't need to have both my vaal and regular ancestral warrior gems slotted at the same time. . .

One very basic thing I didn't realize the first time through is how much you should lean on the crafting bench in your hideout for early survival. Any of your rare gear that has an open suffix on it (hold alt to see what mods on an item are prefixes or suffixes, you can have three of each), craft resistances. Anything with an open prefix, add life.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
idk if anyone is as dumb as me but make sure you’re spending dannigs currency and buying tujen and rogs refresh currency and logbooks. got like 8 logbooks from him yesterday

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I'm on act 9 now and I'm ready for the campaign to end. There's certainly no dearth of content in this game but I want to get to all the cool post game stuff.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

crafting bench is also good for keeping gems leveled up that you plan to use later by boosting the required attributes, then you can just spend two hours untangling that mess later

Shlapintogan posted:

I'm on act 9 now and I'm ready for the campaign to end. There's certainly no dearth of content in this game but I want to get to all the cool post game stuff.

act 10 is pretty short

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

nexous posted:

idk if anyone is as dumb as me but make sure you’re spending dannigs currency and buying tujen and rogs refresh currency and logbooks. got like 8 logbooks from him yesterday

If I could get one of dannigs' reroll currency....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

nexous posted:

I've never seen Dannig's reroll currency and I don't believe it's real.

Like logbooks.