Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

jimmy dore must go!

who must go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

remember that guy yesterday all 'wow guys D&D isn't defending the dems you must be feeling so dumb now'

Legit have no idea why he felt compelled to do that in the first place but I don't think he'll learn his lesson. I've seen him make a bunch of good posts about defund in response to the kneejerk sloganeering response of the Dem Defender Squad and even admit that people in that thread were talking about the slogan because they didn't want to engage with anything substantive... and he's still in denial about what that thread is even when they direct it at him

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ytlaya posted:

Being bad people aside, these people are just so loving stupid. How in the world do they imagine the progressives "taking over." Do they think that a majority of Democratic Senators are going to be primaried and replaced with leftists any time within the next 30+ years? It's the sort of opinion that is so genuinely stupid that it shouldn't even be taken seriously.

The hypocrisy of these people pretending like they're the pragmatic/realistic ones while saying things like this is just astounding.

There's only two types of people who say this; The rubes who honestly believe it because of course the system works :downs:, and people who know good and goddamn well it would never happen but use it as a gotcha bludgeon against people who keep saying things they don't want to hear. They know the Left will never be allowed to win, it's the only thing the party drops the "We are not a monolith" mask and puts the collective boot down for, but they'd rather people spin their wheels and waste their time pushing for that then remind them that their Demdaddies (and mommies) have clearly and unambiguously told them to go gently caress themselves.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Legit have no idea why he felt compelled to do that in the first place but I don't think he'll learn his lesson. I've seen him make a bunch of good posts about defund in response to the kneejerk sloganeering response of the Dem Defender Squad and even admit that people in that thread were talking about the slogan because they didn't want to engage with anything substantive... and he's still in denial about what that thread is even when they direct it at him

I can't wait for 2022 when the worst of the worst are begging us to Vote Blue No Matter Who because the midterms are the most important election of our lifetime and then I'll go back and lmao at his posts about how they don't all defend dems

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

id say matty go on cum town but he's already a dumber unfunnier copy of stav

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
reading about the Elian Gonzales case and learning that Al Gore broke with the White House position and supported the Miami gusanos because he was chasing after their right-wing votes in Florida

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Sore Loserman

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

gradenko_2000 posted:

reading about the Elian Gonzales case and learning that Al Gore broke with the White House position and supported the Miami gusanos because he was chasing after their right-wing votes in Florida

it almost worked! :jeb:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Yeah, that guy is probably one of the more reasonable people in that thread, but there's a strong cultural barrier with some people where, even if their brain is telling them that the left is correct and the sort of NPR left-liberal crowd is wrong, they just personally identify with the latter and feel more comfortable around that sort of person and the general "presentation" of their worldview. Some people just have a certain idea of what constitutes "a good smart person" that often involves the sort of pathological optimism you see in that thread and directly contrasts with the predominant attitude in this one.

I would say "maybe they'll come around," but to be honest I feel like anyone who is like 30+ years old and has been politically aware over the last 4+ years probably isn't going to be changing much anytime soon.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Lib and let die posted:

Wasn't lmaoc just on vacation like 2 weeks ago? Wasn't there a big "thing" about her loving off into the woods and turning her phone off?

It was business since she went to the bohemian grove

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Armadillo Tank posted:

It was business since she went to the bohemian grove

so glad that our oligarchical cabals are gender and ethnically diverse now

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

WampaLord posted:

I can't wait for 2022 when the worst of the worst are begging us to Vote Blue No Matter Who because the midterms are the most important election of our lifetime and then I'll go back and lmao at his posts about how they don't all defend dems

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

My exp with that person was them carrying water for Nancy Pelosi last year.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
I have a friend who became politically aware because of Trump. Evidence mounted that dems were not great but the Biden admin and dem controlled congress failing to adequately address the pandemic sealed it for him; they clearly are just an opposition party that says "we're not as bad as them."

course he doesn't post on SA.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Watch this loving idiot lose in 2024 lol

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Cranappleberry posted:

I have a friend who became politically aware because of Trump. Evidence mounted that dems were not great but the Biden admin and dem controlled congress failing to adequately address the pandemic sealed it for him; they clearly are just an opposition party that says "we're not as bad as them."

course he doesn't post on SA.

i was optimistic that Biden losing in 2020 might make some people introspective. I know people are legendarily stubborn and that the politicians in the democrat party are almost universally corrupt and worthless but there was a glimmer of hope that after all the shrieking and screaming about Orangeman there might be the tiniest bit of introspection when the country doubled down on tiny hand baby piss orange hitler man instead of the confirmed rapist establishment democrat who is too senile to even speak.

Now liberals see 2016 as the fluke. Even if they lose in 2022 it will just be "the natural ebb and flow." After the assmad wears off you will have smug liberals posting those charts about how the incumbent party typically loses seats in the midterms to completely wash away the fact that the complete incompetence, corrupt greed and disgusting disregard for the people of this country caused a blowback against their party. 2024 will be blamed on Russia/China hacking as the minority Dem house and senate start their own unimportant committees and investigations and scream on twitter.

Joe "Confirmed Rapist" Biden winning justified and enshrined for all time everything the worst of the Democrat party thinks. Trump was the harm reduction candidate.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

scrolling through Gato’s feed, and it’s entirely attacking Dore or defending Ana’s lovely right-wing commentary.

I’m convinced it’s Ana’s burner account now

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
we gave you crumbs why are you still annoyed? i deserve praise for letting you drink the dishwater.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
Ana Karensparian at it again

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ConceptualBIG/status/1421507828645236737
https://twitter.com/asmith2306/status/1421641721323167746

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

AOCIA

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

I don't think the dems are very good.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Smythe posted:

tammy is based. haters begone

she lost her base in a helicopter accident

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

This dude is so dumb I don't know how he manages to remember to breathe

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1422022821702737920

Putting aside the ludicrousness of "particular personal idiosyncrasies", what in the gently caress does Matty think the Dem strategy has been for the last forty years if not exactly this

God these people drive me loving insane

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
Just want to say thank you for stepping in.

Things were getting really weird around the forums for a while with people trying to push the "not real genocide" rhetoric line and it just kinda going under the radar. I say this as someone who has never been paid by the CIA, obviously.

I know we think of most goons as middle aged and profoundly cynical - I know I am - but there are still a lot of young idealistic people here and I wonder if this is a symptom of their first big social awakening about how hosed up the world is and the very natural but simplistic desire to have one big strong daddy who stands against everything bad, read: the US. At the moment there is only one superpower big enough to have any effect against the US, so they gravitate to that as their shining light on the trashpile which is the world.

The view that the world needs Big Daddy Hardman to make the tough decisions and all the human damage which falls along the wayside is either acceptable for the greater good or, simultaneously doesn't exist and is all a lie by The Enemy seems to be a hard coded phase that some people just go through.

I'm just glad that my "Why isn't there a dictator who speaks for me and hurts who I want to hurt?" phase was pre-internet. Like all the rest of the dumbassery I did as a kid.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Wait, the former Homeland Security director works for Activision? Lol.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Gorson posted:

Wait, the former Homeland Security director works for Activision? Lol.

along with a former Undersecretary of State under Pompeo

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

gradenko_2000 posted:

along with a former Undersecretary of State under Pompeo

what a perfect candidate for a "compliance officer" at a video game company

e: it will never stop being incredible to me how these monsters keep popping up in different places. They can't fail, there is nothing you can do short of getting caught (just the act isn't enough) doing a pedophilia to get kicked out of the club.

Gorson has issued a correction as of 12:45 on Aug 2, 2021

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

who is the activision head of global intelligence and threat analysis

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Crusader posted:

who is the activision head of global intelligence and threat analysis

is that what the russian guy meant when he said the cia was "among the best"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

ball is in the CDC court now, Dems playing 4d chess they're so smart and good at this

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lol

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
This eviction protest stuff is so weird. I can't think of a time when a few politicians were trying to protest their own party by using powerless protestor tactics, and the media attention makes it seem even stranger. It's like getting elected to Congress did nothing for the issues these congress people claim to support, they're acting as if they're just a part of a NGO or something. Really disconcerting

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

This thread has been nothing but worthless canards for days. Just people taking their :matters: victory lap and dancing on their posting enemies graves because they are FINALLY proven correct in their opinion that Leftism can never succeed until the Revolution comes and anyone who votes is a Useful Idiot. Its been 2000+ posts a day of Festivus Grievance Airing with every bad thing that's happened since Biden's election and every lovely aspect of our neoliberal economic reiterated ad nauseum because people feel vindicated in their pessimism.

I saw three headlines about infrastructure bill text being finalized my stupid Windows 10 News Popup-o-tron today. One said Sinema made some kind of deal on the Bipartisan one, a second said the bipartisan one stalled again, and a third said the 1-Trillion Dem Only bill was fully released. I came here hoping to find out what's actually happening, instead its been all demsbad AGAIN. Foolish me for hoping there would be some good dem discussion in the succzone thread.

I wish a mod would pin the old Electoralism Thread to the front page so people would stop forgetting it exists and stop having this endless argument in here.

Shen Long
May 29, 2021

by Athanatos

the_steve posted:

There's only two types of people who say this; The rubes who honestly believe it because of course the system works :downs:, and people who know good and goddamn well it would never happen but use it as a gotcha bludgeon against people who keep saying things they don't want to hear. They know the Left will never be allowed to win, it's the only thing the party drops the "We are not a monolith" mask and puts the collective boot down for, but they'd rather people spin their wheels and waste their time pushing for that then remind them that their Demdaddies (and mommies) have clearly and unambiguously told them to go gently caress themselves.

DO SOMETHING

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
that tammy duckworth tweet has me seeing red lol, america is grotesque

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AlexThomp/status/1421995658823798786