Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I kinda want to know what they actually did thinking it was CPR now. The nursing homes around here will just flat out say "We don't do CPR on our residents."

I just imagine it was Kevin Malone from that CPR class on the office...

"1....2....3...... CALL IT"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The US-Mexico Gold Cup final is 0-0, but it’s absolutely nuts. There should be like 5 goals but neither team can finish.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

The US-Mexico Gold Cup final is 0-0, but it’s absolutely nuts. There should be like 5 goals but neither team can finish.

Five goals or five red cards?

That’s Our CONCACAF!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

USA! USA! USA! Finally scored at 117’ and held on to win.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

That game was sloppy as hell and I was yelling at my TV a LOT. But drat this feels good :911:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Beating Mexico twice in the span of a month and a half feels extremely loving good

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
That loving ruled, I'm so hype

The kids came through big time

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Just got done carpet shampooing my condo. It is weirdly one of the most satisfying things to do, and I'm always astonished at how much dirt it picks up, and how much dirt 2 people and a cat can generate.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

That loving ruled, I'm so hype

The kids came through big time

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1422037235134832645?s=21

The kids are alright

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Why can't other sports announcers have this much fun?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
https://twitter.com/RufusTSuperfly/status/1421974843772260353

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Oh god what happened w Matt Damon?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

LeeMajors posted:

Oh god what happened w Matt Damon?

He had some interview drop where he was proud of himself for stopping the use of gay slurs like a year ago. His teenage daughter had to explain why it was wrong.

It was really weird.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Matt Damon is still ahead of half of Boston though.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

A man can change his stars

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bird in a Blender posted:

Matt Damon is still ahead of half of Boston though.

https://twitter.com/moschinodorito/status/1259871762575249408?s=21

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/geraldstratfor3/status/1422108390218768387

:3:

Ehud posted:

He had some interview drop where he was proud of himself for stopping the use of gay slurs like a year ago. His teenage daughter had to explain why it was wrong.

It was really weird.

I get why it's lovely he was using it even so recently but at least he stopped? Dragging a dude after he already made the change to improve seems needless

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

seiferguy posted:

Just got done carpet shampooing my condo. It is weirdly one of the most satisfying things to do, and I'm always astonished at how much dirt it picks up, and how much dirt 2 people and a cat can generate.

Carpet never felt clean to me, even right after we shampooed it. I'm so glad we don't have carpet in our house anymore. It's a dirt magnet. But shampooing it and watching the water go from dirty to clean is very satisfying.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
Just dropped my son off for his freshman orientation of high school and folks, I've never felt so old.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Intruder posted:

I get why it's lovely he was using it even so recently but at least he stopped? Dragging a dude after he already made the change to improve seems needless

Yeah...it's never too late to do the right thing.

I get why people are upset about it though. It took your teenage daughter writing a treatise on why the word is wrong (in 2021) for you to stop saying that word?

Dude must be very disconnected from the world.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Braksgirl posted:

Carpet never felt clean to me, even right after we shampooed it. I'm so glad we don't have carpet in our house anymore. It's a dirt magnet. But shampooing it and watching the water go from dirty to clean is very satisfying.

We just got a Dyson stick vac and it's incredible how much dirt it pulls out of our one carpeted room. A lot of that is the dog, to be fair.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

I get why people are upset about it though. It took your teenage daughter writing a treatise on why the word is wrong (in 2021) for you to stop saying that word?

Dude must be very disconnected from the world.

This feels pretty icky from a yahoo article:

quote:

Recognizing the changing shape of media and how quickly his public comments can be turned into headlines, Damon also said that “20 years ago, the best way I can put it is that the journalist listened to the music more than the lyrics [of an interview]. Now your lyrics are getting parsed, to pull them out of context and get the best headline possible. Everyone needs clicks."

It's...well it's incoherent. I think he's trying to say being taken out of context sucks, but he also seems to be complaining that people don't just look at him and nod along no matter what he says? But yeah if he's honestly trying to improve and not doing it just to avoid bad press that's a good thing I guess.

I mean he's a privileged, kinda dumb twerp (probably really dumb), I get why people are annoyed too.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

This feels pretty icky from a yahoo article:

It's...well it's incoherent. I think he's trying to say being taken out of context sucks, but he also seems to be complaining that people don't just look at him and nod along no matter what he says? But yeah if he's honestly trying to improve and not doing it just to avoid bad press that's a good thing I guess.

I mean he's a privileged, kinda dumb twerp (probably really dumb), I get why people are annoyed too.
How badly do you think he wanted to call the journalism industry a bunch of that word

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

https://twitter.com/AwkwardGirlLA/status/1422001947888951299?s=19

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
But man, she was extremely insufferable, if we’re talking about the lady from the last Project Greenlight season. At least that’s what I walked away with watching the extremely unflattering edit the show gave her.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Dango Bango posted:

My mom gave me some boxes of "my stuff" from her house when she moved to AZ. Went through it today and one of the boxes had random grade school assignments.

Why would you keep that?!

I have emotional attachment to thing issues and at my dads house is every textbook, assignment and notebook from grade maybe.. 6? Through the end of college. Probably 6 or 7 medium U-hauls worth.

It's been long enough now that I could probably dump it but at the time tossing it felt impossible.

My 4 year old also seems to hate throwing anything away, even cut scraps from art projects, it all needs to be saved, so I might be working through my own poo poo in front of her so as to not pass on this affliction.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I’m saving all my kid’s schoolwork and whatnot, no idea why since I’m not the least bit precious about stuff and have no qualms getting rid of my own sentimental goods, but who knows, the kid’s likely kind of a one-off experience, may as well make the most of it!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Thaddius the Large posted:

I’m saving all my kid’s schoolwork and whatnot, no idea why since I’m not the least bit precious about stuff and have no qualms getting rid of my own sentimental goods, but who knows, the kid’s likely kind of a one-off experience, may as well make the most of it!

When they cure cancer you can point back to those to show you always knew they would

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lovely people

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Matt Damon is entertainingly sheltered and laughably slow on the uptake when it comes to anything related to his privilege.

I hesitate to jump on him too much about it; I quit using the word years after the tide had changed against it myself. By the way, credit for that cultural sea change goes entirely to generations after mine (X); we were perfectly content to play Smear the Queer in school, say poo poo we didn't like was gay, and fall back on that one Louis CK bit (about how he calls just anything a human being) if anyone ever objected to it.

So congrats, although I can't wait until millenials and zoomers age up into being the "back in my day" crowd though, and get a taste of their own scolding medicine from people younger than them. I'm still kinda petty

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

GD_American posted:

Matt Damon is entertainingly sheltered and laughably slow on the uptake when it comes to anything related to his privilege.

I hesitate to jump on him too much about it; I quit using the word years after the tide had changed against it myself. By the way, credit for that cultural sea change goes entirely to generations after mine (X); we were perfectly content to play Smear the Queer in school, say poo poo we didn't like was gay, and fall back on that one Louis CK bit (about how he calls just anything a human being) if anyone ever objected to it.

So congrats, although I can't wait until millenials and zoomers age up into being the "back in my day" crowd though, and get a taste of their own scolding medicine from people younger than them. I'm still kinda petty

As a result of that language, millennials went to middle school dealing with everyone using that slur, and calling anything and anyone they didn't like gay, f** or fruity. Middle school sucked!

I'm very content zoomers have done well to remove that from the lexicon.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Literally every generation will be looked on as ignorant assholes eventually. But Matt Damon is still a moron.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

seiferguy posted:

As a result of that language, millennials went to middle school dealing with everyone using that slur, and calling anything and anyone they didn't like gay, f** or fruity. Middle school sucked!

I'm very content zoomers have done well to remove that from the lexicon.

Oh yeah good on them, is my point. We wouldn't have done it. We had to be shamed into stopping.

Still looking forward to them getting their "am I the baddie" moment when their grandkid calls them robophobic or something, though

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

General Dog posted:

But man, she was extremely insufferable, if we’re talking about the lady from the last Project Greenlight season. At least that’s what I walked away with watching the extremely unflattering edit the show gave her.

The woman who was openly critical of the creators/executive producers of the TV show was shown in a negative light in the edit? You don't say.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There's an online comic that's in the future and it has two young kids calling out their grandpa for having slaves in their house. He responds with "they were pets, and they loved it! There was nothing wrong with owning a dog!"

Grandad you can't say that word!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I remember hearing about this when people were first arrested over it. loving wild story.

https://twitter.com/BostonGlobe/status/1422219083802611727?s=19

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Joey Freshwater posted:

There's an online comic that's in the future and it has two young kids calling out their grandpa for having slaves in their house. He responds with "they were pets, and they loved it! There was nothing wrong with owning a dog!"

It’s a Tim Kreider cartoon:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Joey Freshwater posted:

Old, old Tim Kreider comic

Skwirl posted:

I remember hearing about this when people were first arrested over it. loving wild story.

https://twitter.com/BostonGlobe/status/1422219083802611727?s=19

Yeah, ridiculously hosed story.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Freaquency posted:

It’s a Tim Kreider cartoon:

Yes thank you, nothing I was putting into google was giving me what I wanted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yes thank you, nothing I was putting into google was giving me what I wanted

His archive is here if you want to read a particular type of LF poster (this is from before the majority of the bad stuff): http://www.thepaincomics.com/