Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
New Abyss is ok, but I'm glad it's only staying a few weeks. Only a few really obnoxious encounters, but many that toe that line. 12-1 wasn't too annoying for me, since I've been doing the domain with the two samurai a lot, and freeze is a godsend versus succ resistance.

12-2 on the other hand. Ugh, Maguu Kenki is still proving to be the most tedious boss. At least Abyss has walls so his retreat bullshit isn't as big of a gently caress you to bursts.

This one was a butthole clencher, but luckily Kenki had my back with a well-timed Hoover maneuver

https://i.imgur.com/v2hLgPP.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Wow, add me to the pile of people saying "gently caress having a long unskippable cutscene in front of a boss fight"

It's unbelievable, isn't it? I'm stuck on that quest now because screw dealing with that. It's super irritating that they block progress this way. At least with the golden house they gave you a toned down version of the fight.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
drat, the DPS check is twice as high as before:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

drat, can't believe Enviosity's selling out like this.

https://twitter.com/Enviosity/status/1421832916645130240

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Getting Yanfei up to speed and stole Diluc's artifact set for her and even only at Level 70 she slaps pretty hard when everything is lined up right. Granted I have her at C6 which is helping for sure but gee I guess this is the experience Klee owners enjoy huh?

I did the same thing but my yanfei's only c1 and it's not just a constellation thing. yanfei's just good

c6 would be pretty sweet tho

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Flair posted:

Yeah I watched Xlice run through abyss with his super whale stuff blind and he watched back the Maguu Kenki fight to eyeball how much hp it had roughly and it's well over 1 million. The DPS check is going to be insanely rough for anyone without well geared teams.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Oh dang. I kept wondering why everyone keeps saying Yanfei is really bad on stamina drain because I wasn't noticing it basically ever. Turns out C1 makes every Scarlet Seal reduce stamina cost by 25% (instead of 15% at C0) for the charge attack and then C6 adding an additional maximum seal means that 4 Seal charge attacks are free.

Yeah that's pretty great.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

frajaq posted:

based on those two things, does Honkai Impact have any signs of wrapping up their own storyline soon or is the style of the game different from Genshin?

Being about 5 chapters from current, gotta say:

No. Definitely not.

A lot has happened, but they are still world building and the villain factions are still at "my ridiculously circuitous plan is one quarter complete" at best.

Plus they could Monster Of The Week things indefinitely without really stretching credibility with the setting. That would probably get boring though.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Sanctum posted:

Forgive me but why would you want crit dmg up as a primary stat, like ever?

For DPS I go attack% artifacts unless there's some reason to go for crit rate or elemental damage or elemental mastery. I have noticed that the attack% doesn't stack very well when I have the feather and flower then 4x attack% artifacts and an attack% weapon. Is it better to mix crit rate in there instead of just all attack% primary and substats?

e: the reason I want full crimson witch for Yanfei is so I can use her in combo with Fischl and have endless overloaded reactions. I would do a 2-set of gladiator with her but I don't have any to spare.

I wouldn't bother with 4pc witch for an overload team. It doesn't give a 40% bonus, it gives enough EM so that going from 0 to the bonus is 40% so you hit some pretty serious diminishing returns.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/jk143l/how_crimson_witch_of_flames_4piece_bonus_really/

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Flair posted:

It is, but the abyss blessing is nuts if you take advantage of it. -35% DEF is a huge damage increase, my tartaglia was dealing 12k normal attacks which is not his usual standard.

Next rotation will be really rough if it goes away.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

quote:

Starting from the first time that the Lunar Phase refreshes after updating to Version 2.0, the three Lunar Phases will be as follows:
  • Phase 1: Shattering Moon
    When an active character's Elemental Energy is fully charged, the DEF of opponents hit by the character's Normal, Charged or Plunging Attacks will be decreased by 7% for 10 seconds. Max 5 stacks. Each stack has an independent duration.
  • Phase 2: Brimful Moon
    When an active character obtains an Elemental Orb or Elemental Particle, the character will unleash a shockwave that deals DMG to surrounding opponents. This kind of shockwave can be unleashed once every 4s.
  • Phase 3: Stalwart Moon
    After unleashing an Elemental Burst, the ATK of every character in the party will be increased by 20% for 10s. Max 3 stacks. Each stack has an independent duration.

Next blessing sounds like rear end. I never like the shockwave ones, but this one seems even worse than usual with that 4s cooldown. Maybe the damage will be worth it, but I doubt it.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

How does the pity system exactly work and is there an easy way to tell how close/far I am? Beside keeping my own spreadsheet or anything like that.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

There's no way to matchmake for world bosses, right? Thought I had something good going with the Automaton Front for my Ayaka ascension, then the rewards turned up. I'm hopeless against that fucker solo.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

hiddenriverninja posted:

How does the pity system exactly work and is there an easy way to tell how close/far I am? Beside keeping my own spreadsheet or anything like that.

Fastest way to understand pity is to go ingame and check your roll history. It's split into 3 types (not including novice) and are basically your 3 pity counters. You can manually count back to the last 5* you got to see your exact position and there's a website out there that will do that for you but you have to give it your login token. Lots of people use it and haven't had problems but some people aren't comfortable with that

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

hiddenriverninja posted:

Every 10 rolls, you're guaranteed a 4 star character or weapon. Pulling a 4 star resets this. If you pull on Ayaka's banner, the 4 star has a 50% chance of being Ning/Chong/Yanfei. If pull something else, your next 4 star is 100% one of those three.

Every 90 rolls, you're guaranteed a 5 star character, 50% chance of Ayaka and 50% chance of Keqing/Jean/Diluc/Qiqi/Mona. If you pull a non-Ayaka 5 star, your next 5 star is 100% Ayaka. Pulling a 5 star resets the pity counter.

In addition, around 75 pulls, your chances of getting the 5 star increase sharply. Most 5 stars are obtained between 75 and 85 pulls.

The Wish screen has a History tab that will list all the pulls you've made. It takes about an hour to update after you pull and it's 6 wishes per page.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

You can check your history on any given banner with the History button at the bottom of the wishing screen. You do have to manually count the wishes since your last 5*, though.

The way it works is like this (on the limited character and standard banners, at least):
  • You are guaranteed a 4* something within 10 wishes. If you haven't gotten a 4* weapon or character in 9 wishes, your 10th wish is guaranteed to be a 4*.
  • On the limited character banner, that 4* has a 50/50 chance of being one of the three characters pictured on the banner. If you get a 4* that is not one of the featured 4* characters, your next one is guaranteed to be one of them. To put this another way: the longest you can go without getting one of the featured 4* characters on the limited banner is 20 wishes.
  • You are guaranteed a 5* something within 90 wishes. However, your chance starts going up dramatically after 75 wishes. People call that "soft pity," and getting a 5* on your 90th wish is what people call "hard pity." On the limited character banner, this is guaranteed to be a character; on the standard banner, it could be a character or a weapon.
  • On the limited character banner, the 5* you get has a 50/50 chance of being the featured character. If it isn't, your next 5* on the limited banner is guaranteed to be the featured character. When you see people talk about "losing 50/50," it's because their 50/50 chance gave them a non-featured 5*.
  • The standard banner ("Wanderlust Invocation") has no featured characters or weapons, no matter who's pictured on the banner.
  • Standard banner and limited banner are separate pity counters. What you get on one has no effect on the other.
  • Your pity count carries over between limited banners. That means, for example, if you put 50 wishes into the Ayaka banner without getting a 5*, you're still 50 wishes into your pity count when the banner rolls over to the next character. And if you lose 50/50 on Ayaka, your next 5* on the limited banner is guaranteed to be the featured character, even if it's after the Ayaka banner ends.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Every 90 rolls, you're guaranteed a 5 star character, 50% chance of Ayaka and 50% chance of Keqing/Jean/Diluc/Qiqi/Mona. If you pull a non-Ayaka 5 star, your next 5 star is 100% Ayaka. Pulling a 5 star resets the pity counter.

I also want to add that if you pull a non Ayaka 5 star, the next 5 star will be 100% whoever is on the banner, whether the banner is Ayaka or not. So for example you can wait till the yoiyama banner and be guaranteed to get, or even further into the future for Baal/Kokomi/etc.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hiddenriverninja posted:

This is probably the most concise article currently: https://www.hoyolab.com/genshin/article/497840

Short version:
5* character banners (limited and general) increase pity after roll 73 and every roll gives you +6 % ínstead of 0.6 % (roll 74 is 6.6 %, roll 75 is 12.6 %, etc.)
5* weapon banners are the same, but the pity starts increasing after roll 63 and increases by +7 %
4* pity is 56.1 % at roll 9 and 100 % at roll 10

(You will always roll Noelle at roll 8 of the first novice banner)

Pities carry over in their particular type of banner (limited character and weapon, general never stops/changes aside of increasing the pool of available characters) and so does the guarantee of the on-banner drop (if you drop off-banner 5* character or weapon, the next will be on-banner - in case of weapon banner one of the two -, even if the banner changes in the meantime; this is what people call "saving the guaranteed pity for next banner")

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Xun posted:

I also want to add that if you pull a non Ayaka 5 star, the next 5 star will be 100% whoever is on the banner, whether the banner is Ayaka or not. So for example you can wait till the yoiyama banner and be guaranteed to get, or even further into the future for Baal/Kokomi/etc.

Fair point, I totally meant to add that.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I finally have Ayaka leveled/talented/geared enough to start using her as my main DPS and it's kind of wild how much I can feel the difference in power between her and Diluc. Granted I have better artifacts for Ayaka than Diluc--I have had much better luck with my Blizzard Strayer farming than my Crimson Witch farming--but still, she seems to kill things noticeably faster, even with slightly lower talent levels. Every time her burst is up it's just an "end battle" button.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

hiddenriverninja posted:

I've been using https://genshin-wishes.com/ . It's imperfect because you have to "pair" it to your account to pull the wish data via a continuously expiring CSRF token, but it sure as heck beats using the history tab and counting through things by hand.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Captain France posted:

Being about 5 chapters from current, gotta say:

No. Definitely not.

A lot has happened, but they are still world building and the villain factions are still at "my ridiculously circuitous plan is one quarter complete" at best.

Plus they could Monster Of The Week things indefinitely without really stretching credibility with the setting. That would probably get boring though.

I did a youtube search for like Honkai Impact Story Cutscenes only to find out that each chapter is roughly the length of a feature length film (or sometimes 2) and that's just for the main story stuff and none of the special character quests or anything. Genshin Impact story quest cutscene videos seem to be creeping up towards that length with some of the recent stuff. The Inazuma one I found is 5 hours so far and it looks like I'm through roughly 2 hours of that on my own. :stonk:

I play Legend of Heroes games so I'm admittedly joking and plenty used to this sort of thing I just didn't expect that Honkai Impact was you know.....one of those games that has it's story to tell and is going really take it's time with it cause the wiki for the game apparently doesn't seem to do it justice for how much story, character and lore stuff it apparently throws at you. Like for example I've been playing the finale chapter of Cold Steel 2 for about 2 hours now and still not even off the airship you start the chapter off on because of all the poo poo going on it and the characters that just boarded at the end of the last chapter that you have lots to say and things to do with and catch up with them about and it's looking like it's going to be a long rear end 15-20 hour haul yet till I'm done the game by the looks of things and this is one of the shorter games in the series compared to Cold Steel Part III and Azure.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Thanks for the info, everyone. Just pulled Ayaka the other day, so I guess I'll be trying to save the next one for Raiden maybe?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Whoever designed the furnace capstone defense must really hate the players on a personal level, is my takeaway from just finishing Tatara Tales

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

hiddenriverninja posted:

King of Bleh posted:

I've been using https://genshin-wishes.com/ . It's imperfect because you have to "pair" it to your account to pull the wish data via a continuously expiring CSRF token, but it sure as heck beats using the history tab and counting through things by hand.

paimon.moe has a nice interface, have to manually plug in your key every time but it keeps tracks everything nicely.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
https://twitter.com/dimbreath/status/1422229948144701440

Raiden gets a buff, the 90 cost burst is no difference considering her entire kit.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

So far it seems no one knows for sure what the 7% resolve stack bonus means. The theory that it's an additive increase to the talent damage makes sense to me (so 60 resolve makes it hit for 1140% instead of 720%).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Aug 2, 2021

Kale
May 14, 2010

I've been really studying up on the whole Honkai Impact thing this afternoon since I posted about it earlier and it seems to have what I refer to as the "impenetrable storyline" phenomenon that is common in Asian media where it's just so lengthy and in an unclear order in multimedia format that it's almost impossible to know where to really start and what the chronology of events is unless you were there at the very beginning. There's guides on what your apparently supposed to read/watch/play and in what order with links to online manga chapters out there, but then there's also these apparent character side stories where it's unclear exactly where they fit into the whole narrative. Like something called Sanka Saga and Rosemary's Floriograph which are both like 3-5 hour long videos each that I found on youtube and I have no idea where that would be supposed to fit in, but then I also found 25 or so story chapters that are in a self explanatory order. No one youtube channel or "read in this order" guide seems to quite cover it all though.

Apparently Genshin is sort of like this too where there's a manga and obviously all those books in game to read so even if your going through doing every event and character and archon story your still only getting something like 60% of the story maybe.

I'm kind of curious still because I have this admittedly self bemused impression of Honkai Impact that it's a bunch of super powered often edgy/sad/smug/angry looking sexy anime women grunting and beating the ever loving poo poo out of each other/blowing stuff up while performing Lightning from FFXIII feats of implausible action maneuvers roughly every couple minutes and then there's like some greater story as a reason to why these things are happening that again seems all but impenetrable. I kind of want to see just how right I am one of these days :lol:

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
That would be pretty lame if that's what it is.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

in pretty much all of these cases it's just stupid people or bad summaries/wikis that overcomplicate solid base ideas like "one part of this franchise is the focal point" or "experience a thing in the order it was released"

genshin is primarily the game, you can read the manga for some backfill and obviously there's incidental lore in books and such but the game will recenter it when relevant. if it ever really is more than sort of foreshadowing and easter eggs etc.

Kale
May 14, 2010

dogsicle posted:

in pretty much all of these cases it's just stupid people or bad summaries/wikis that overcomplicate solid base ideas like "one part of this franchise is the focal point" or "experience a thing in the order it was released"

genshin is primarily the game, you can read the manga for some backfill and obviously there's incidental lore in books and such but the game will recenter it when relevant. if it ever really is more than sort of foreshadowing and easter eggs etc.

For the longest time the Honkai Impact 3rd Wiki was machine translated from the Bēng Huài 3 chinese language one so it was completely incomprehensible to try to read and a lot of it still looks yet to have been retouched even though interest in that game seems to have grown since Genshin Impact went kind of main stream. Lots of headers and section where it doesn't even tell you what the thing it's summarizing on a character page even means which adds to the impenetrable storyline nature of the game to me. I've honestly rarely seen a wiki for any game mobile or otherwise that's that convoluted and confusing to read.

Kale fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Aug 2, 2021

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

hiddenriverninja posted:

Your pity counter is separate for each banner category (so character banner vs weapon banner vs permanent banner), but it carries over between individual instances of the banners, so if you roll 20 times on the Ayaka banner, you'll only need 70 more rolls instead of 90 to get a guaranteed 5* on the subsequent banner.

You're guaranteed one 4-star at least every 10 rolls. When you roll a 4-star there's a 50% chance to get one of the featured ones from the banner, and if you get a non-banner 4-star you're guaranteed to get a banner one next time.
You're guaranteed one 5-star every 90 rolls, but rather than a hard cutoff it seems to be a gradual probability increase from ~70 to 90. This has the same mechanics as 4-stars: 50% to get the featured character, and if you miss the roll it's guaranteed next 5*. So worst case scenario is 180 rolls to get the featured 5* character from a banner.
If you get a 4* or 5* through rng rather than pity, the pity counter resets. So if you get a 5* at pull 50, you won't get another 40 pulls later (unless you're very lucky a second time) -- you'll start again from 0 and need up to 90 rolls again.

There's no ingame pity counter, but you can click a button to see your wish history (which is separate for each banner). To figure out your pity count you just page forward in the history and count all the rolls until you find most recent 5* pull (or the beginning of time). However this is annoying because the history is a terrible mobile-website UI that only shows 6 (?!) results at a time and has to load each new page, so you could also use something like https://genshin-wishes.com/ to automatically read your history for you.

e: i should really refresh the page / scroll down :doh:

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Aug 2, 2021

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Hackan Slash posted:

I wouldn't bother with 4pc witch for an overload team. It doesn't give a 40% bonus, it gives enough EM so that going from 0 to the bonus is 40% so you hit some pretty serious diminishing returns.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/jk143l/how_crimson_witch_of_flames_4piece_bonus_really/

I just did some math sketchpad math using the equations I found on the wiki, and it looks like like it's around ~50 EM equivalent for those reactions. Slightly less for higher levels, and slightly more for lower levels. It add to the EM stat rather than multiplying the result. I'd like to see some comparisons with the set that gives +80 EM. edit: but those don't have 5 stars. Nuts

Black Griffon posted:

There's no way to matchmake for world bosses, right? Thought I had something good going with the Automaton Front for my Ayaka ascension, then the rewards turned up. I'm hopeless against that fucker solo.

No, not for world bosses. Ask in goon discord in the #LFG channel. Have enough resin for a couple runs, and they can plow through them. Especially Oceanid.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Aug 2, 2021

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

dogsicle posted:

well if you've used Kazuha for literally everything post release, its only a short matter of time before he's max friendship and relegated to Abyss and overworld teams 😔

Thanks to the teapot, this isn't really a concern unless you're in a hurry to max out friendship for some reason. I like how the teapot lets you passively level characters' friendship.

Black Griffon posted:

This is something though, thanks, I don't mind working towards something as long as I know what it is. Compared to armor sets in other games, I just find everything about artifacts annoying, from the way you switch between them, to the UI, to the fact that they're just like a loving flower or a feather. I don't know, maybe it gets more interesting when you get top-tier artifacts.

They really need to let you define artifact "load outs" that you can quickly switch between characters. It'd be nice to be able to use the same good artifact on different characters in different teams without having to manually remove and re-add it.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Harrow posted:

You can check your history on any given banner with the History button at the bottom of the wishing screen. You do have to manually count the wishes since your last 5*, though.

The way it works is like this (on the limited character and standard banners, at least):
  • You are guaranteed a 4* something within 10 wishes. If you haven't gotten a 4* weapon or character in 9 wishes, your 10th wish is guaranteed to be a 4*.
  • On the limited character banner, that 4* has a 50/50 chance of being one of the three characters pictured on the banner. If you get a 4* that is not one of the featured 4* characters, your next one is guaranteed to be one of them. To put this another way: the longest you can go without getting one of the featured 4* characters on the limited banner is 20 wishes.
  • You are guaranteed a 5* something within 90 wishes. However, your chance starts going up dramatically after 75 wishes. People call that "soft pity," and getting a 5* on your 90th wish is what people call "hard pity." On the limited character banner, this is guaranteed to be a character; on the standard banner, it could be a character or a weapon.
  • On the limited character banner, the 5* you get has a 50/50 chance of being the featured character. If it isn't, your next 5* on the limited banner is guaranteed to be the featured character. When you see people talk about "losing 50/50," it's because their 50/50 chance gave them a non-featured 5*.
  • The standard banner ("Wanderlust Invocation") has no featured characters or weapons, no matter who's pictured on the banner.
  • Standard banner and limited banner are separate pity counters. What you get on one has no effect on the other.
  • Your pity count carries over between limited banners. That means, for example, if you put 50 wishes into the Ayaka banner without getting a 5*, you're still 50 wishes into your pity count when the banner rolls over to the next character. And if you lose 50/50 on Ayaka, your next 5* on the limited banner is guaranteed to be the featured character, even if it's after the Ayaka banner ends.

Based on Reddit testing, I can add two more tidbits here.

1. There appears to be a 4* pity around the 8th pull.
2. You can technically go 11 or 12 pulls without a 4* if you keep getting 5*s.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I just did some math sketchpad math using the equations I found on the wiki, and it looks like like it's around ~50 EM equivalent for those reactions. Slightly less for higher levels, and slightly more for lower levels. It add to the EM stat rather than multiplying the result. I'd like to see some comparisons with the set that gives +80 EM. edit: but those don't have 5 stars. Nuts
Wanderer's definitely gives 80 EM and is a 5 star set. The crimson witch (and TF) overload buffs are jacked up because they didnt change the values on the 4 piece bonus when they buffed the EM scaling for transformative reactions. 40% more overload damage used to be roughly equivalent to 80 EM but now it's worse.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Kale posted:

I've been really studying up on the whole Honkai Impact thing this afternoon since I posted about it earlier and it seems to have what I refer to as the "impenetrable storyline" phenomenon that is common in Asian media where it's just so lengthy and in an unclear order in multimedia format that it's almost impossible to know where to really start and what the chronology of events is unless you were there at the very beginning. There's guides on what your apparently supposed to read/watch/play and in what order with links to online manga chapters out there, but then there's also these apparent character side stories where it's unclear exactly where they fit into the whole narrative. Like something called Sanka Saga and Rosemary's Floriograph which are both like 3-5 hour long videos each that I found on youtube and I have no idea where that would be supposed to fit in, but then I also found 25 or so story chapters that are in a self explanatory order. No one youtube channel or "read in this order" guide seems to quite cover it all though.

Apparently Genshin is sort of like this too where there's a manga and obviously all those books in game to read so even if your going through doing every event and character and archon story your still only getting something like 60% of the story maybe.

I'm kind of curious still because I have this admittedly self bemused impression of Honkai Impact that it's a bunch of super powered often edgy/sad/smug/angry looking sexy anime women grunting and beating the ever loving poo poo out of each other/blowing stuff up while performing Lightning from FFXIII feats of implausible action maneuvers roughly every couple minutes and then there's like some greater story as a reason to why these things are happening that again seems all but impenetrable. I kind of want to see just how right I am one of these days :lol:

For most of these things, including Honkai and to a lesser extent Genshin, it's actually easy to get into the storyline.
Find what the "main" thing is, usually the first one released--Honkai Impact 3rd and Genshin Impact in this case. Play/read/watch that until you are current. Congratulations, now you can play/read/watch any of the side stuff that interests you and it will, at most, foreshadow things that might come up later. You can also not, because those things are basically never required to enjoy the main thing.

The story to Honkai might feel like you're supposed to know stuff you don't at the start because it starts in media res, but it explains plenty a little later, and having mainlined the story from the point where it both picks up and makes the bizarre but appreciated choice of going from Genshin style "the gacha isn't canon just pretend it's the MC doing this" to "here are trial versions of the characters the plot says are here. You must use them and only them," I understand everything that doesn't feel like "poo poo's supposed to be a mystery at this point" except, like, a thing I forgot because they cut away from that entire group of characters for like 5 chapters.

They do that sometimes. It can be kind of annoying.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

Wanderer's definitely gives 80 EM and is a 5 star set. The crimson witch (and TF) overload buffs are jacked up because they didnt change the values on the 4 piece bonus when they buffed the EM scaling for transformative reactions. 40% more overload damage used to be roughly equivalent to 80 EM but now it's worse.

GAH! I mentally blocked them out and confused them with a different set.

Ugh, I've been trashing only the outliers in terms of good stuff :eng99:

At least the ones I have been keeping are excellent

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

how do I get silly YouTube damage numbers? Like 4 digits on normal hits.

I realize that I crutch hard on teammates doing matchmade domains for upgrade mats and artifacts, soloing world bosses takes too long as I play keepaway/heal while not dealing enough dps. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

hiddenriverninja posted:

how do I get silly YouTube damage numbers? Like 4 digits on normal hits.

I realize that I crutch hard on teammates doing matchmade domains for upgrade mats and artifacts, soloing world bosses takes too long as I play keepaway/heal while not dealing enough dps. :sigh:

4 digits? Uh, decent artifacts and leveling your weapon to 90 is probably the easiest way. You can probably deal 1k normals with a claymore very easily by just stacking atk% gladiator pieces and a fully leveled crafted claymore.