Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Mst3kmann posted:

Because he broke The Rules, and there’s nothing liberals love more than The Rules
Liberals love harming the vulnerable considerably more than they love The Rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
lol, just remembered the Pete Buttigeig endorsement letter he sent out to prominent black intellectuals, where if they didn't respond it was automatically taken to be an endorsement of his candidacy

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

Feldegast42 posted:

yeah how soon we forget that he was a key part in handing Bush Florida

So was Kavanaugh.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

lol that Jeb Bush's dad doesn't remember where he was when JFK was killed

also lol that Nixon was also in Dallas that day

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
John Hostettler (R, Indiana 8th) proposed to the US Congress that the Federal Government renumber Interstate 69 because it was lewd

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
He tweeted this as a shoutout to Frank Underwood.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Peanut President posted:

John Hostettler (R, Indiana 8th) proposed to the US Congress that the Federal Government renumber Interstate 69 because it was lewd

wasnt that just an onion article

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I'm surprised the Q folks never landed on Denver International Airport as being a big secret trafficking hub, it seems like it'd make way more sense than the nonexistent basement of some pizza parlor

the hosed up thing is that we're also host to the International Stock Show or whatever, and it actually is one of the hotspots of human trafficking in the US

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

You're doing a heck of a job, brownie!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

the hosed up thing is that we're also host to the International Stock Show or whatever, and it actually is one of the hotspots of human trafficking in the US

DIA is no longer haunted because they have a recording of a shaman's ritual playing 24/7 in the bowels of the building where all the spooky poo poo was happening and it's banished now. If the tape ever wears out, though... :iiam:

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

This headline

https://twitter.com/politico/status/585161334028918784?lang=en

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Lmao

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

You can spot the sites where editors have terminal shitlib brainworms because they refer to Buck as a "political donor" in some kind of comical attempt to distance him from the Democrats.

Fortaleza posted:

During renovations not too long ago they had lots of signs and ads playing up the conspiracy stuff and they were pretty good

https://archive.curbed.com/2018/9/7/17832102/denver-airport-conspiracy-theories-signs-construction
I love the DIA conspiracy theories and how strongly they embraced it. They even had a mini gallery exhibit on the conspiracy theories around 5 years ago.

Excelzior posted:

Hoosier Gazette, which is also satire.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Richard Ojeda running for president for about two weeks

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

A few outlets falling all over ojeda, asking "is he the bold future of the Democratic party to convince Trump voters??"

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
the fact that the 2020 dem primary was basically a repeat of the 2016 gop one with constantly fading darlings of the week

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
https://twitter.com/KawsachunNews/status/1370729668349939713?s=20

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/WelcomeCourteousAmericangoldfinch-mobile.mp4

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

remembered this after someone posted the below in the succ zone — the 538 analysis of 2020 dem primary candidates' popularity: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-kamala-and-beto-have-more-upside-than-joe-and-bernie/

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I was just looking at it, and I got this sudden, irresistible urge to get inside - like I was meant to be here, in the box.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lib and let die posted:

I was just looking at it, and I got this sudden, irresistible urge to get inside - like I was meant to be here, in the box.

That's right

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

The candidate who looks best according to the coalition-building model is probably not O’Rourke, however. Instead, it’s California Sen. Kamala Harris, who potentially has strength with all five groups.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

remembered this after someone posted the below in the succ zone — the 538 analysis of 2020 dem primary candidates' popularity: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-kamala-and-beto-have-more-upside-than-joe-and-bernie/

hispanic/asian. laffo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Somebody photoshop this into the Persona 5 social stats matrix. Thanks

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Hispanic/Asian Point UP!!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

I NEED to see the calculus for assigning her point values to black and Asian/Hispanic (wtf) voters based on her mixed ancestry.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I NEED to see the calculus for assigning her point values to black and Asian/Hispanic (wtf) voters based on her mixed ancestry.

lol

lmao

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Ruffian Price posted:

Hispanic/Asian Point UP!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
US diplomats in Havana complained about weird noises giving them vague symptoms "strange grating noises, headaches, hearing loss, memory loss, and nausea" . This was first blamed on a Cuban/Russian sonic weapon. The noises turned out to be crickets but by then US experts had figured out that the Cubans/Russians had actually used a microwave weapon.

US lawmakers acted swiftly!

quote:

The Helping American Victims Afflicted by Neurological Attacks (HAVANA) Act, authorizes the CIA Director and the Secretary of State to provide financial support for personnel suffering brain injuries. The bipartisan bill unanimously passed the Senate in June 2021.

And remember how these diplomats really did have very real brain injuries? The Wikipedia article on "Havana syndrome" helpfully links to two actual papers. The first published in 2018 and the second in 2019.

quote:

MRI neuroimaging was obtained in all 21 patients. Most patients had conventional imaging findings, which were within normal limits, at most showing a few small nonspecific T2-bright foci in the white matter (n =9, 43%). There were 3 patients with multiple T2-bright white matter foci, which were more than expected for age, 2 mild in degree, and 1 with moderate changes. The pattern of conventional imaging findings in these cases was nonspecific with regard to the exposure/insult experienced, and the findings could perhaps be attributed to other preexisting disease processes or risk factors.

quote:

because the patients have undergone neurological rehabilitation, the imaging findings may be representative of brain changes associated with the rehabilitation or compensatory changes in a recovering brain.

So MRI scans were normal at first. And after the patients underwent neurological rehabilitation new MRI scans showed signs of brain changes associated with the rehabilitation or compensatory changes in a recovering brain.

It rules that the most powerful country on earth can force everyone to take this poo poo seriously.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
It blows my mind every goddamn day that some sort of sci fi fever dream cuba microwave weapon is mentioned in normal media outlets, and beyond those cuban hypochondriacs

like seriously what is this poo poo lmao

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Private Cumshoe posted:

It blows my mind every goddamn day that some sort of sci fi fever dream cuba microwave weapon is mentioned in normal media outlets, and beyond those cuban hypochondriacs

like seriously what is this poo poo lmao

We live in one of those parody movies with over the top, extremely on the nose takes on propaganda.

And not one of the actual good movies. More like one of the direct to streaming Starship Troopers sequels.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
american intelligence shoved a radio and a microphone up a cat's rear end then released it near the kremlin and then it immediately got hit by a car

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Excelzior posted:

GWBBQ posted:

Hoosier Gazette, which is also satire.

https://i.imgur.com/rMJByDB.mp4

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Antonymous posted:

lol that Jeb Bush's dad doesn't remember where he was when JFK was killed

also lol that Nixon was also in Dallas that day

the laugh that george bush has at like 1:44ish here describing jfk being killed by a deranged gunman:
https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4479286/user-clip-jfk-assassination-player-george-herbert-walker-bushs-eulogy-snippet-president-fords

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
the howard schultz giftcard story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

But Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch says she's a political prisoner!!