Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Grainbarn posted:

it was definitely a top pop. Tommy loving End and Freshly Squeezed got bigger ones IMO.

Sure fire sign the PWG fan base has changed. For the worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?

forkboy84 posted:

Sure fire sign the PWG fan base has changed. For the worse.

I've been going to PWG off and on since like 2008 and we've definitely reached an era where the Lore of PWG is less known.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
super dragon aint been on tv

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Super Dragon will get hurt again but maybe he'll have an ok match.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

SD has been away for so long that they don’t know about him. :(

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

He's only wrestled six times since January 2008 what do you expect

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Pinche Rudo posted:

*checks this*

holy gently caress we're loving old

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lid posted:

*checks this*

holy gently caress we're loving old

im young

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Probably also hasn't helped that 'his' return promo from many moons ago doesn't to be around anymore as a worthy introduction for new fans.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pinche Rudo posted:

That was over two years before professional wrestling began existing in the fall of 2010.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Hooboy

https://mobile.twitter.com/GentlemanJervis/status/1422250995074015266

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Whether whatever nosense he said about his twitter being "hacked" for like three years is true or not Wrestle Circus was also a gigantic shitshow and I'd appreciate if Gentleman Jarvis would just gently caress off and stay on squared circle forever

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think he's reference Bar Wrestling? idk. Jervis is stinky.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

Whether whatever nosense he said about his twitter being "hacked" for like three years is true or not Wrestle Circus was also a gigantic shitshow and I'd appreciate if Gentleman Jarvis would just gently caress off and stay on squared circle forever
its got nothing to do with wrestlecircus.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The shindies are back, I have comp'd tickets to this show that it probably going to only draw like 50 and I'm not even sure free is good enough to go

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Davey should have a good match at least

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

RealFoxy posted:

The shindies are back, I have comp'd tickets to this show that it probably going to only draw like 50 and I'm not even sure free is good enough to go

I love how they haphazardly slap on the logo of any company or thing the wrestler has ever been associated with.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

Davey should have a good match at least
I've been to Davey shindie shows before, he's going to phone it in. As huge as a dick Low-Ki is, he's a mark for himself 100% of the time so he always wanted to put the best match on of the show. Same with Chris Hero.

The sad thing about this is I know half the card on a (shoot) first name basis and still don't wanna go

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

huffmanly

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ron Mathis vs Davey Richard's would be really good

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

I'd go to that show for shooter Ronny alone tbh

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

RealFoxy posted:

IMPACT
heath

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

GCW superstar Matt Cardona is there so I'd probably go

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Shane Storm.

Now that's a name I haven't heard in years.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Shane Storm.

Now that's a name I haven't heard in years.
A different Shane Storm, this is a local guy.

But I guess I will go to this show

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Too many Shane Storms

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Sticky Nate posted:

GCW superstar Matt Cardona is there so I'd probably go

gcw original

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

RealFoxy posted:

A different Shane Storm, this is a local guy.

But I guess I will go to this show

This guy appears to be an unironic Shane Storm.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I love that Cornette's lawyer is on the flyer in a better spot than some of the wrestlers.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

CombineThresher posted:

I love that Cornette's lawyer is on the flyer in a better spot than some of the wrestlers.
He's a famous local lawyer, I've worked with him before and not a crazy prick, at least when I was working around him

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

He's a famous local lawyer, I've worked with him before and not a crazy prick, at least when I was working around him

Is that the same lawyer that was sponsoring MLW's YouTube presence for a while?

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston
This is going to be real real good

https://twitter.com/WeAreGloryPro/status/1423039166284279815

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
hey i have a legitimately stupid question. i've never been to a show. i'm thinking about going to PWR depending on how comfortable i feel around covid and poo poo.

you can hear the ring announcers in the venue right

i know this is a foolish question.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yes commentary at party world rasslin is broadcast throughout the brewery. its standing room only for the most part. they're self enforcing masks and typically doesnt draw in a shithead crowd. dont make direct eye contact with bench horse.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

hahaha i'm sorry i mean the other PWR, Pro Wrestling Revolution.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Nea posted:

Is this the Pro Wrestling revolution in San Jose? If so, no. I would be going to that show if I didn't have travel plans that weekend

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Ah rip. I might not then, i don't know... /any/ of the wrestlers that are on the so far announced card, i've just been really wanting to go to a show in person, and it's hard to get invested with that and no commentary. Don't really know anyone in the area that also likes wrestling anyways.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Nea posted:

i cannot speak for craven ripoffs and imposters

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider saying MLW's removing Fusion from Youtube in advance of an official announcement that they've signed a deal with a streaming service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Nea posted:

Ah rip. I might not then, i don't know... /any/ of the wrestlers that are on the so far announced card, i've just been really wanting to go to a show in person, and it's hard to get invested with that and no commentary. Don't really know anyone in the area that also likes wrestling anyways.

PWR shows are really fun even if you don't know anyone on the card. I took my dad and brother who had never seen lucha before when they had Psycho Clown and Texano Jr in Feb 2020 and they had a blast.

If you don't mind driving up to South San Francisco, west coast pro wrestling is running a show next Friday that I'm going to. Its Got more recognizable names including a rocky Romero/ Karl Fredricks tag match

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/get-in-where-you-fit-in-tickets-162944614729?aff=ebdssbdestsearch