Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

There are a whole lot of chapo fan boys twisting themselves in knots trying to justify Felix's attitudes about being personally inconvenienced at the gym in this thread. Felix basically said on last week's episode that he only really got vaccinated to be able to go to the gym without a mask. And yeah, the horse is way out of the barn with COVID, but this isn't some mitigation method that is some huge burden. Besides, does Felix even do cardio?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

He's right.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

He's being a baby about wearing a mask but he's also right that we're not going to do whats actually necessary. I get the frustration but it is less bad to half rear end the covid response than to just throw up our hands and say we should just allow ourselves to be taken by the super virus.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

sirtommygunn posted:

He's being a baby about wearing a mask but he's also right that we're not going to do whats actually necessary. I get the frustration but it is less bad to half rear end the covid response than to just throw up our hands and say we should just allow ourselves to be taken by the super virus.

the biggest problem is that the people actually in charge of this have already resigned themselves to us being taken by the super virus so yea it's hard to blame anyone going 'why the gently caress do I have to wear a mask if you're treating it so glibly to begin with' at this point.

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che
lol the actual argument he makes in the thread is annoyance at covid policies constantly useless symbolic measures rather than effective ones that would also take political will to enforce. his exact specific preference with gyms is either a) require vaccinations in order to use them or b) close the gyms is it's too dangerous to keep them open

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea the only actual solution to this poo poo is either lockdowns (never going to happen) or just flat 'you have to show your vaccine card' rules that multiple states have made literally illegal to do.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I listened to the episode it was too long

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
I'm pretty sure Felix has a touch of that dumb guy "I don't need medication, if I eat well and exercise I'll never get sick" thing going on

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

chmods please posted:

I'm pretty sure Felix has a touch of that dumb guy "I don't need medication, if I eat well and exercise I'll never get sick" thing going on

Pretty much this. When Felix said "I only got vaccinated to go to the gym without a mask" I think Matt immediately piped in to say "and to not get sick, of course."

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I think maybe he’s just acting out because we’re all coming to terms with the grim reality that COVID will never “get better” or “go away” because our society is too brain poisoned to actually take the necessary measures required to protect the population. Covid was already one of the worst things to ever happen in our lifetime, but there’s a new level of disgust and disappointment going on as we witness our government just fully selling us out to this plague because it’s too important to keep the plates spinning a little longer

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

i'm late but i watched the woodstock doc last week and while I agree with the chapos that it's a poorly made documentary I also found the actual footage of the festival very entertaining and think it's worth watching for that alone if you're interested in that kind of thing. i'd love a cut where it was just the festival footage and the promoters constantly tripping over their dicks

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Felix has been posting about it a lot today but I think I saw him say that masks don't work if you sweat.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Gripweed posted:

Felix has been posting about it a lot today but I think I saw him say that masks don't work if you sweat.

He did say that masks don't work if they're wet, yes

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If you, like me, are jonesing for some Nu-Metal, Limp Bizkit’s set from Lollapolooza is being live-streamed on Hulu in about 10 minutes

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The wet mask thing is true for stopping spread because the water helps give the virus a lil bubble ride. Idk if the same applies for protecting when the mask is wet.

psychofishhead
Oct 30, 2010

I’m less upset with Felix over the trivial thing (getting mad at media sensationalism) and more upset with him over the really important thing (mispronouncing Ocalan’s name). Seriously man he’s not a jungle cat or a weird Russian triple agent from a fun video game series.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

psychofishhead posted:

I’m less upset with Felix over the trivial thing (getting mad at media sensationalism) and more upset with him over the really important thing (mispronouncing Ocalan’s name). Seriously man he’s not a jungle cat or a weird Russian triple agent from a fun video game series.

Felix once mispronounced redux and didn't understand what everyone was talking about when he did so.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1421554091650600961

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

He isnt. It is a legit meltdown about having to wear a mask at his gym. No different than the boomer chuds.

lmao ok dude

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Hootington posted:

He isnt. It is a legit meltdown about having to wear a mask at his gym. No different than the boomer chuds.

Greenwald is doing what you think Felix is doing.

Oh no not the boomer chuds!!!

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Greenwald is doing what you think Felix is doing.

let me guess - when people were posting snake emojis at Warren were you one of the bernie people who went "Erm we can do better than harassing people"

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i thought this was a great review of the woodstock doc, covering a lot of the same territory as chapo (and starting with a hook about aj soprano)

https://twitter.com/craigsj/status/1420813790900273159?s=21

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i thought this was a great review of the woodstock doc, covering a lot of the same territory as chapo (and starting with a hook about aj soprano)

https://twitter.com/craigsj/status/1420813790900273159?s=21

This review is way more accurate about the festival than the documentary. Its so good

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1421877896973537287?s=19

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Good to see that even with Virgil and Amber gone, everyone's still ready and willing to hold Chapo accountable.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I appreciate that Jason Miller is doing what he can to support the Caliphate

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1422153325072502785?s=21

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

I mean no state is at this point. Some cities are re-instituting mask mandates but I haven't heard anyone talk about shutdowns, despite the GOP's whining.

abbott has gone a step further than most states and entirely banned mask or vaccine mandates. our governor is actively trying to kill us and will see absolutely no repercussions for it thanks in part to the voter suppression bill the GOP will finish forcing through whenever texas house dems eventually have to return to the state

ANOTHER SCORCHER
Aug 12, 2018

sleeptalker posted:

Good to see that even with Virgil and Amber gone, everyone's still ready and willing to hold Chapo accountable.

i agree with felix but whining about any critique of your favorite dudes is 100% babybrain behavior. calm down

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

abbott has gone a step further than most states and entirely banned mask or vaccine mandates. our governor is actively trying to kill us and will see absolutely no repercussions for it thanks in part to the voter suppression bill the GOP will finish forcing through whenever texas house dems eventually have to return to the state

yeah love living in texas

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

I mean I live in FL so our Governor is doing basically the same things

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
boomer chuds piss me the gently caress off. i wiwsh one of them was here right now so i could kick their rear end

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

DeSantis is the dumbest looking person I've ever seen.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

little munchkin posted:

boomer chuds piss me the gently caress off. i wiwsh one of them was here right now so i could kick their rear end

Hey man................

Turn

On

Your monitor! :xd:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I'll be a little disappointed if we don't get a chris chan take from Felix, he seems online enough to have an opinion

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Chris Chan is a funny character but given how horrifically his saga has come to an end I’d be JUUUUUUST FIIIIINE if we didn’t

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I immensely do not need or want to hear anyone talk about Chris chan

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Saagonsa posted:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Saagonsa posted:

susan b buffering