Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Araxxor posted:

Just a little warning. The W3D4 boss apparently prone to softlocking the game. Autosaves don't make it too much of a time loss but I just got hit by that, and apparently it's somewhat common enough to be known.

First I’ve heard of it from anyone here, is there some specific trigger for the glitch or is it just some random thing?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Aug 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pencils R Cool
Feb 16, 2011
I've got TWEWY Blue Balls from going 13 days without hearing Twister. It'd better be loving Hype when they finally drop it.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Another fun world detail I just noticed while going around buying out shops on W2D4 (hey, I had like 700,000 yen worth of spare pins from the Scramble Slam the day before): the descriptions for all of the Croaky Panic threads are written from the perspective of the quirky old lady that runs the shop and they're kind of great.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Larryb posted:

First I’ve heard of it from anyone here, is there some specific trigger for the glitch or is it just some random thing?

Seemed to be kind of random. Didn't run into it again on my second go. Might've done something the game didn't like when the boss tried to behave in a certain way.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So when do I get my 6th party member? I'm on W3D2? or 3, whichever one is about you rushing to find Iguana Gal

End of W3D4.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
W2D2 story spoilers: beat was never my favorite in the original twewy but holy poo poo is he welcome after all that three-person grinding, god bless this dopey jive-talking golden retriever of a boy

i could see him and fret becoming soulmates in real-time and my quiet exasperation matched rin's and nagi's exactly

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Week 2 Day 5 down, that was a nice little breather chapter. Since nobody’s said anything regarding Week 3 I’m assuming next up is the final Scramble Slam (and a pretty short one at that).

I’m assuming the final two team members are Shoka and Neku correct? Do they have any particularly useful field gimmicks (like Beat giving you the ability to dash around the overworld)?

Also do those weird crystal Noise (the somewhat transparent ones you couldn’t hurt at all) you encountered in W2D4 come back into play/get explained soon? I mostly ask because they strangely just seem to drop the matter entirely right after it happens

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Aug 3, 2021

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
should i even make the attempt to get 1st place on week 2's scramble slam or is this better left for when i unlock ultimate difficulty

because that is a very, very high point threshold

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

How/when do you get Ultimate mode anyway? Is it a social link like the other two or do you have to beat the game first?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Aug 3, 2021

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

You can do it pretty easily if you've unlocked 10 chains though it still feels real grindy. I was on pace to complete it with half the areas done but then I got bored from all the fights and decided to rush the the rest and leave getting top score till i'm finished with the game. It's just very long.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Nothing quite like the feel of realizing you won't survive the entire ten-fight chain but you level up during fight eight and make it anyway :cool:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Araxxor posted:

Cuddly Launcher. I don't remember exactly where you get your first one, but it's not a noise drop. So it either drops from a pig, or is a one time reward from playing the game. You can eventually buy more from a store though. It's an energy rounds pin though.

Can't speak for exactly how good it is, as efficiency for all the pins hasn't been dug up yet. (Yes it's in this game too, but it works a bit differently from TWEWY. Each individual hit has its own efficiency rating here instead of one rating being assigned per pin, with finishing blows typically having a higher one.)

You get it during the final Scramble Slam apparently and it’s on a different button than Topo so no switching required.

Now that Nagi and Beat have healing pins/decent attacks while Rindo and Fret are my main strikers I likely should have nothing to worry about for the rest of the game (as I hear the final boss is tedious but pretty easy nonetheless), especially since I’ve still got a few extra party members in my future.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Aug 3, 2021

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

W3D6: Please don't tell me I have to get through 5 fights with big noise in the span of 7.5 minutes. Or whatever the gold par time is from that. :negative:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Oxxidation posted:

should i even make the attempt to get 1st place on week 2's scramble slam or is this better left for when i unlock ultimate difficulty

because that is a very, very high point threshold

For me it sucked because oh boy, I really don't like doing back to back 10 chains

But like, it was more than do-able. I hit the point threshold around like, the 6th or 7th area and then promptly stopped trying at that point, think I ended up around 415k points? There was a lot of leeway, it's just exhausting fighting that much more than anything

Oh and people are right about getting Topo, holy poo poo that pin is excellent. High damage, big AoE, oh and it heals you too so you can top off your health each reduction.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
I feel that this game is missing some of the heart from the first game. Each of the main characters went through a lot of growth and were somewhat different than when they first started out. Granted I’m about halfway through so things can change, but so far I’m not getting a sense of strong character arcs that the original had.

Again things may change but this game seems more focused on plot than character.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Yeah, I’ve found that Fret and Nagi’s whole dynamic wore itself out really drat quick.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Going through my Noisepedia to see what drops I'm missing as I do a postgame Ultimate lap and there's two conspicuous gaps that I don't understand. Noise no 51 which I think should be (W1D5) the giant golden pig from the Fuya fight, but I've done that fight four times and it's still not there so it might be Another Day thing? But more weird to me is that I'm missing no 79 (W2D2/W2D7) which I am 100% sure should be the first Mr Mew fight considering it's between Susukichi 2 and Mr Mew 2 but it's just... not there.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Lotus Aura posted:

Going through my Noisepedia to see what drops I'm missing as I do a postgame Ultimate lap and there's two conspicuous gaps that I don't understand. Noise no 51 which I think should be (W1D5) the giant golden pig from the Fuya fight, but I've done that fight four times and it's still not there so it might be Another Day thing? But more weird to me is that I'm missing no 79 (W2D2/W2D7) which I am 100% sure should be the first Mr Mew fight considering it's between Susukichi 2 and Mr Mew 2 but it's just... not there.

Not sure about 51 I think the giant pig is just classified as a real golden pig. Might be a post-game exclusive fight.

As for 79 yeah, sounds like your game bugged out or something else happened. That's absolutely it's entry. Maybe it's because you didn't get a drop from it or something like that?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
hahahahahaha, there's a pin called Doku Doku Panic

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just wanted to chime in that Scramble Slam on Ultimate you don't really have to give a poo poo and you'll get all the points you need and thensome if the first is anything to go by. Ended up with 100k+ with 3 zones leftover and was insta-gibbing the battle field.

chlorophylls posted:

Character spoiler talk

Yeah, Fret's friend had depression and Fret tried to be there for him, check in on him and encourage him- but his friend committed suicide anyway so he just blamed himself for not doing enough and gave up on taking things seriously. It's surprisingly heart wrenching.

Ending talk It makes me so mad that Shiba gets away with everything and gets a happy ending after brain rotting Kanon, forcing Ayano to commit suicide by Player and literally everything in week 3. There's leeway into saying Kubo made him do it but poo poo dude that only goes so far.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Aug 3, 2021

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Decided to rock up to the post game super boss on ultimate to see what the damage was gonna be on gearing up for it. Two point blank psychic shotgun blasts didn't make his health move and he casually one shot me with a 6k opening swipe.

Time to eat some alligators.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Ending talk It makes me so mad that Shiba gets away with everything and gets a happy ending after brain rotting Kanon, forcing Ayano to commit suicide by Player and literally everything in week 3. There's leeway into saying Kubo made him do it but poo poo dude that only goes so far.

More ending talk. One of the secret reports mentioned that Shiba had been running the Ruinbringer scam for long enough that other player teams had already been at it for at least 30 weeks before Rindo and Fret goober in. That's probably at least a few hundred peoples worth of teams, ground down through a little over half a year mostly to conceal that he wasn't backed by the composer and thus couldn't actually resurrect anyone if they won. It's really galling. I mean poo poo, at least Kitaniji was trying to save the city...

Caidin fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Aug 3, 2021

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

There's leeway into saying Kubo made him do it but poo poo dude that only goes so far.

It's not so much "Kubo made him do it" as "Kubo is an Angel and, as such, his extremely high vibes tend to corrupt the minds of those around him." This isn't just a NEO thing, either, the original game's secret reports mention that Neku's psyche was being placed under intense strain during Week 2 due to being in close proximity to Joshua, noted Composer and also Angel.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

theblackw0lf posted:

I feel that this game is missing some of the heart from the first game. Each of the main characters went through a lot of growth and were somewhat different than when they first started out. Granted I’m about halfway through so things can change, but so far I’m not getting a sense of strong character arcs that the original had.

Again things may change but this game seems more focused on plot than character.

it definitely seems more interested in toying around with the rules and world established in the first game than anything

at least the characters are still likable despite being largely static. even nagi and fret's schtick starts to ease off in week 2

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Coming down the home stretch in terms of the main story, is there anything I should prepare myself for when tackling Another Day? With my current setup I can now get up to 100+ Groove within seconds multiple times per fight, have two healers, and can cleave through enemy HP like butter (to the point where I now laugh in the faces of scorpions and rhinos).

Speaking of which, where do I go during said day to do the final time trial and fight Sho? Also, does completing the former give you anything good and if what I heard earlier about the latter rejoining you is correct does that mean I get a 7th pin slot?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 3, 2021

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Larryb posted:

Coming down the home stretch in terms of the main story, is there anything I should prepare myself for when tackling Another Day? With my current setup I can now get up to 100+ Groove within seconds multiple times per fight, have two healers, and can cleave through enemy HP like butter (to the point where I now laugh in the faces of scorpions and rhinos).

Speaking of which, where do I go during said day to do the final time trial and fight Sho? Also, does completing the former give you anything good and if what I heard earlier about the latter rejoining you is correct does that mean I get a 7th pin slot?

Rhyme is the 10 round super dive over at Dogenzaka, Sho super boss is at the underpass, Coco offers the boss rush over in takeshita. Also you still only get 6 but can choose to swap someone out for him.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Caidin posted:

Rhyme is the 10 round super dive over at Dogenzaka, Sho super boss is at the underpass, Coco offers the boss rush over in takeshita. Also you still only get 6 but can choose to swap someone out for him.

I forget, does Minamimoto have any special abilities that make him any more useful than one of the other party members?

Also do you get anything good out of doing the super dive and/or boss rush
?

It’s kind of odd that one face button winds up going completely unused during combat though (in PS4 terms, you can use every button except circle).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 3, 2021

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Larryb posted:

I forget, does Minamimoto have any special abilities that make him any more useful than one of the other party members?

Also do you get anything good out of doing the super dive and/or boss rush
?

It’s kind of odd that one face button winds up going completely unused during combat though (in PS4 terms, you can use every button except circle).

The big dive gives out 5 FP a rank, making its completion rather critical to finishing off the social links and thus the secret reports associated, and I think Sho can drop some high power set pins. As a party member he comes back with good stats, and certain pins will only evolve when master by him. But mostly you bench someone else to biggify your numbers cuz math, kid.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Actually, question about that: If you get Sho back in your party, does he have voiced interactions with party members that join after he leaves? Would be interesting to hear his banter with the other 3.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Caidin posted:

The big dive gives out 5 FP a rank, making its completion rather critical to finishing off the social links and thus the secret reports associated, and I think Sho can drop some high power set pins. As a party member he comes back with good stats, and certain pins will only evolve when master by him. But mostly you bench someone else to biggify your numbers cuz math, kid.

Any suggestions as to who to drop in favor of him then (at the moment I’m thinking Shoka)? Also if you bench a party member like Beat, can you still use their field ability while you’re in the overworld?

Seconding the comment above though (particularly I want to hear him talk to Beat and Neku)

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Larryb posted:

Any suggestions as to who to drop in favor of him then (at the moment I’m thinking Shoka)? Also if you bench a party member like Beat, can you still use their field ability while you’re in the overworld?

Seconding the comment above though (particularly I want to hear him talk to Beat and Neku)

Ya keep all your map moves, whoever you switch out just hands their clothes and pin over to whoever is replacing them. Yeah everyone has lines for dropping combos with Sho.

Beat is suspicious of him and doesn't understand anything he says just like you'd think and Neku is basically "Whelp, guess I'm friends with Pi Face now."

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Caidin posted:

Ya keep all your map moves, whoever you switch out just hands their clothes and pin over to whoever is replacing them. Yeah everyone has lines for dropping combos with Sho.

Beat is suspicious of him and doesn't understand anything he says just like you'd think and Neku is basically "Whelp, guess I'm friends with Pi Face now."

How does Shoka react to him?

Also it’s weird that Sho has so little story presence in this game considering the end of A New Day (Coco doesn’t show up a whole lot either as I recall until the last week or so).

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Question - is the main character more likeable at the start of this game than Neku was?

I know Neku eventually developed into someone who relied and cared for others, but he was such a colossal oval office at the start that it was really hard for me to care about him

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Willo567 posted:

Question - is the main character more likeable at the start of this game than Neku was?

I know Neku eventually developed into someone who relied and cared for others, but he was such a colossal oval office at the start that it was really hard for me to care about him

Rindo is at the very least a lot more social than Neku is starting out anyway (more polite too)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Aug 3, 2021

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Rindo is a bit detached but is at the very least polite. He's a lot more bearable than Neku "Will kill my partner to get out of the game" Sakuraba.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
rindo has a pre-established social life and is much less prickly in general, he's just introverted

e: like it's a repeat occurrence that the rest of the party will be chatting about this or that and rindo just mentally checks out and either starts pecking away at his phone or just gets lost in his own train of thought, it's way more mundane than neku's initial misanthropy

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Aug 3, 2021

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oxxidation posted:

rindo has a pre-established social life and is much less prickly in general, he's just introverted

e: like it's a repeat occurrence that the rest of the party will be chatting about this or that and rindo just mentally checks out and either starts pecking away at his phone or just gets lost in his own train of thought, it's way more mundane than neku's initial misanthropy

The neat part is his design reflects that: just like how Neku wore headphones to shut himself from hearing others, Rindo wears a facemask because he tends not to speak up to others.

Obviously this means the next TWEWY protag will wear sunglasses because they're unobservant of the world just to make a Three Monkeys joke.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Regarding scramble slam, a weird and niche thing you can do is take a single jellyfish noise and use it for infinite points if you really wanted to. I wouldn't ever recommend doing it, but you can erase the spawned versions for SP and they'll keep spawning so long as you keep erasing them. If you erase the original one, you only get points for that one, though, even though that automatically erases all the ones that it spawned.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I don't get the point of the pins that slow down time. I guess it's kinda neat, but I find it more annoying than helpful.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Peewi posted:

I don't get the point of the pins that slow down time. I guess it's kinda neat, but I find it more annoying than helpful.

To give you more time to react to beatdrops and hit the sweetspot, I guess.

The main attraction of Time-affinity pins is the mashup, honestly.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Ok week 3 is giving me more of the emotional content and character arcs I’ve been looking for. This week feels the most in spirit with the first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also I apparently misunderstood what multi-wielding pins meant. Rather than one user being able to use two pins at once it actually means that more than one character can use pins mapped to the same button (which is pretty useful to be fair)

On another note, how do I unlock Ultimate difficulty (I assume it’s a week 3 social link)?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Aug 3, 2021