Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lmao holy poo poo, Emblem set go brrrr

I don't really have a team with a place for Raiden Shogun right now but I'm gonna wish for her anyway because a) she seems really cool and I will definitely have a team she'd be good in eventually, and b) hell, maybe she'll be able to enable teams that I haven't thought of yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

dogsicle posted:

emblem set just keeps getting stupider lol

Seriously. My Childe/XL/Beidou/Raiden team would literally be 3 characters wanting the same set.

Good thing I never went too heavy into Noblesse. I have 2 good, sets, which live on Diona and Bennet.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Finally beat that dumb section of Into the Mountains (along with the entire quest). Spent the rest of my resin doing the domain there are only got two Blizzard Strayer pieces so far. Sigh.

edit: took that goon's advice and corraled them at the edge of the water then pushed them off with the traveler's rasengan skill. thanks buddy!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

What are Baals team setups? Im thinking you cant run her as a primary carry because of her burst cooldown and you mostly want to use her during her burst and swap out afterwards

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

She's going to be insane support for Eula, if nothing else. Raiden gives the team a ton of energy and buffs team members' bursts based on how much energy they cost, which in turn buff's Raiden's burst based on how much energy the rest of the team has spent between Raiden's burst windows. She'll probably also be great in quick-swap teams where everyone's just bursting all the time always. Beidou will work super well with Raiden, too.

The only real issue is the electro element. She'll work great with Eula because she can provide the only reaction Eula cares about (superconduct), but will probably be annoying to use with someone like Ayaka, who would otherwise really benefit from the energy and the burst damage buffs because the electro element will interfere with freezing enemies. Same for a team that uses a pyro carry, unless you want to be overloading all the time.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
I'm going to run Baal in a Thundering Fury Bennett team. Bennett/Baal/Beidou/XQ

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Baal's going to be my guaranteed, so I'm kinda excited about how many combos I can come up with.

But what's up with (minor leak spoiler) her wielding a polearm? Isn't her "thing" that she draws a sword from her body? Not complaining too much, since if I don't get her weapon (more than likely), then she becomes the new home for my Skyward Spine

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Baal's going to be my guaranteed, so I'm kinda excited about how many combos I can come up with.

But what's up with (minor leak spoiler) her wielding a polearm? Isn't her "thing" that she draws a sword from her body? Not complaining too much, since if I don't get her weapon (more than likely), then she becomes the new home for my Skyward Spine

The polearm is her main weapon, but she uses the sword during her burst window.

Also, patch 2.1 will give us a free polearm called "The Catch" that we'll be able to R5 as part of the event, and it is perfect for Baal. If you don't get her 5* polearm, "The Catch" is a tailor-made 4*.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

aside from Xiao and Hu Tao, The Catch should be great for any burst-focused polearm user build

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Tanreall posted:

I'm going to run Baal in a Thundering Fury Bennett team. Bennett/Baal/Beidou/XQ

This team is going to be insane, because its one weakness of knocking enemies away doesn't really apply to Abyss 12.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Kaz can get some mad ups if you add mass at just the right time

https://i.imgur.com/uUosdbZ.mp4

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

How did he unfreeze himself so quickly

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Childe wasn't a one of a kind character as it turns out.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

made me interested in killing a lot of stuff. I hope the drop rate gets buffed later but I didn't really mind for the launch of inazuma.

Alternatively, you could say it was a master plan to make people buy drops from the paimon shop. For the next few islands it looks like there will be non-prefarmable mats.

The in-game explanation is Paimon is snatching them up to sell back to you.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED
So I just finished Tatara Tales, so I'm glad I now I can explore the Furnace without having to worry about the radiation effect. Though is there any explanation offered for why Musoujin Gorge is still radioactive after the Furnace is fixed? Or is that possibly taken care of later?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

TV Zombie posted:

How did he unfreeze himself so quickly

He's pushing a playstation controller button instead of the drat space bar.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I played around a bit with Ayaka who still needs ascensions/talents (70 with lvl 4 talents, lvl 80 crafted weapon) but as a base autoattacking unit she is really not that impressive. I can't imagine she really keeps up that well with say, Eula autoattacking at all even with similar investment. I mean I know that's basically what people called out, that she's just there to hit ult and do a ton of damage with ult.

I'll definitely finish her ascensions/talents up to at least 6/6/8 and max the weapon, but I'm not sure I'll be bringing her around for most things because I don't think her actual on field damage feels that good.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

ReverendHammer posted:

So I just finished Tatara Tales, so I'm glad I now I can explore the Furnace without having to worry about the radiation effect. Though is there any explanation offered for why Musoujin Gorge is still radioactive after the Furnace is fixed? Or is that possibly taken care of later?

The explanation is that Baal used a giant gently caress off electro sword to cut the serpent in half, creating the gorge in the process. I guess whatever process can clean up the Furnace doesn't apply to raw god power.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

ReverendHammer posted:

Musoujin Gorge wasn't irradiated by the Furnace, it is the impact point of Raiden killing the massive gently caress-off serpent whose skeleton is draped across the rest of the island. When a God kills you that hard it leaves an aftereffect.. It'll stay full of balethunder forever, probably, but fortunately there's less of a reason to go there.

EFB

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Ultima66 posted:

I played around a bit with Ayaka who still needs ascensions/talents (70 with lvl 4 talents, lvl 80 crafted weapon) but as a base autoattacking unit she is really not that impressive. I can't imagine she really keeps up that well with say, Eula autoattacking at all even with similar investment. I mean I know that's basically what people called out, that she's just there to hit ult and do a ton of damage with ult.

I have both at 9/9, Ayaka keeps up with her n4->CA->cancel pretty well. In a lot of ways, Ayaka is better in crowds because her CA hits each target individually. Eula is more solo-friendly, Ayaka has better upside in freeze teams especially in Abyss.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
Ayaka's CA is just weird.

Use it on empty Air and it looks kind of dinky.
Use it on a target in a frontal arc and it tracks.
Use it without a target in front of you, someone behind you for example, and it whiffs.
Use it with a target in front of you and literally anywhere else in a sphere of Ayaka and it will hit everything in range.
Use it on a target with a mob behind that target out of normal tracking range and it will sometimes still hit them.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Harrow posted:

She's going to be insane support for Eula, if nothing else. Raiden gives the team a ton of energy and buffs team members' bursts based on how much energy they cost, which in turn buff's Raiden's burst based on how much energy the rest of the team has spent between Raiden's burst windows. She'll probably also be great in quick-swap teams where everyone's just bursting all the time always. Beidou will work super well with Raiden, too.

The only real issue is the electro element. She'll work great with Eula because she can provide the only reaction Eula cares about (superconduct), but will probably be annoying to use with someone like Ayaka, who would otherwise really benefit from the energy and the burst damage buffs because the electro element will interfere with freezing enemies. Same for a team that uses a pyro carry, unless you want to be overloading all the time.

I have no issues having Ayaka's burst up constantly with a R4 Amenoma and a small chunk of ER% (I think about 130%?), in fact it's a little awkward because my burst is sometimes back up before I've even gotten 3 stacks of Amenoma's passive up. And this is with me running Qiqi who can't generate any energy instead of Diona.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I have no issues having Ayaka's burst up constantly with a R4 Amenoma and a small chunk of ER% (I think about 130%?), in fact it's a little awkward because my burst is sometimes back up before I've even gotten 3 stacks of Amenoma's passive up. And this is with me running Qiqi who can't generate any energy instead of Diona.

Yeah, I only have R2 Amenoma and with Ayaka/Xingqiu/Kazuha/Kaeya her burst is up reasonably quickly. What would be cool if Raiden could work with her would be the damage buff more than the energy, really.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Hail Diluc

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Rather than pull my hair out trying to fix my existing mess of artifacts I'm grinding the new artifact domain while working on Chongyun and Xingqiu. I've never used Xingqiu but y'all keep saying he's good so I've been leveling him up.

The emblem set requires 300% energy recharge for the full +75% burst dmg bonus, right? Is that set bonus even worth going full energy recharge to maximize burst dmg? I'd think Xingqiu would want at least a hydro dmg or crit rate artifact in the mix because a ~30% hydro bonus would do more work than an extra 30% elemental burst dmg. Anyways even if I had no energy recharge at all, full emblem of severed fate is still a free +30% burst dmg from the 120% energy recharge, right? That's already totally worth it. Plus I can give Xingqiu my sac sword and Bennett will have to live something else.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

It can be a good option for Xingqiu because he wants a ton of ER% to fuel his burst due to his E cooldown being so long. For reference he wants 200% if using a Sacrificial Sword or 230%+ if not.

Other than him, Mona also enjoys it because she wants ER% anyways to have her burst up more and also gets free Hydro% based on her ER% total. Electro Traveler wants to build a ton of ER% & Baal will love the set too once she comes out.

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Aug 3, 2021

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Sanctum posted:

Rather than pull my hair out trying to fix my existing mess of artifacts I'm grinding the new artifact domain while working on Chongyun and Xingqiu. I've never used Xingqiu but y'all keep saying he's good so I've been leveling him up.

The emblem set requires 300% energy recharge for the full +75% burst dmg bonus, right? Is that set bonus even worth going full energy recharge to maximize burst dmg? I'd think Xingqiu would want at least a hydro dmg or crit rate artifact in the mix because a ~30% hydro bonus would do more work than an extra 30% elemental burst dmg. Anyways even if I had no energy recharge at all, full emblem of severed fate is still a free +30% burst dmg from the 120% energy recharge, right? That's already totally worth it. Plus I can give Xingqiu my sac sword and Bennett will have to live something else.

ER can't be the mainstat on anything but sands, so you'd still be running the elemental goblet + crit hat.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Sanctum posted:

Sac sword gives loads of ER and you definitely want it on Xingqiu. The only set you'd even consider over Severed Fate for Xingqiu is Noblesse.

It's not worth stacking more ER than you'd normally want for the severed fate bonus. But Sac Xingqiu with the Severed Fate 2 piece is already at 180% ER so you'll be getting a fat bonus no matter what.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

So with no er at all it’s still a 25% boost to ult? That’s pretty silly.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

If the only ER you have is the 2pc bonus it starts at 30% actually. 120 x 0.25 = 30%

So yeah it's a good set for character that really struggle with burst uptime and therefor want a lot of ER. I forgot to mention her but Xiangling loves this set too for that reason since as an off-field support she really struggles with burst uptime without a shitload of ER%.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Compared to the older ult only character standard of 2-piece elemental set + 2-piece Noblesse the new set is a much better option for the ones that actually care about the damage of their ult.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I would appreciate some thoughts on this comp Im thinking about. I lucked out and got Ayaka after 30 pulls, so I wanna make a team for her. My current Idea is Ayaka/XQ/Kaz/Rosaria, but I read on the Google doc that Mona's Omen from her ult works weird with freeze teams? Or is there someone else I should consider?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Freeze extends the timer of the damage up debuff put on enemies from Mona's burst is why she's so desirable for Freeze teams, so if you have her it's worth slotting her in for that. Otherwise that's a good party comp outside of having no shields or healing, though you can get away with that a bit more in a Freeze comp where enemies aren't able to act as much.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
The lack of heals/sheilds was my initial reason to lean towards XQ for at least the damage reduction to help out a bit.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

If you got Diona a comp of Ayaka/Mona/Kaz/Diona would be pretty optimal. Diona does triple duty as a shielder, healer, and energy battery for Ayaka. Plus enabling the Cryo Resonance.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

BrightWing posted:

I would appreciate some thoughts on this comp Im thinking about. I lucked out and got Ayaka after 30 pulls, so I wanna make a team for her. My current Idea is Ayaka/XQ/Kaz/Rosaria, but I read on the Google doc that Mona's Omen from her ult works weird with freeze teams? Or is there someone else I should consider?
I play that XQ/Rosaria comp. It's great, my strongest comp at the moment because Ayaka has an OP weapon. My Rosaria has 4 blizzard strayer and favonius lance R5 which lets a 140 ER ayaka Q on cooldown, it's a bit more awkward in the current floor 12 but still ok.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 3, 2021

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Mihoyo please just remove lavawalker and thundersoother from the game and have one domain give crimson wish and whatever the actual good thunder set it called.

Make it have 5 azdahas, I don't care, I'm just so sick of getting crap that has no use outside of garbage gimmick runs (Keqing thundersoother) and extreme edge cases where it still better to run something else (Klee lavawalker).

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Detheros posted:

Mihoyo please just remove lavawalker and thundersoother from the game and have one domain give crimson wish and whatever the actual good thunder set it called.

Make it have 5 azdahas, I don't care, I'm just so sick of getting crap that has no use outside of garbage gimmick runs (Keqing thundersoother) and extreme edge cases where it still better to run something else (Klee lavawalker).

Ask me about going to farm up some VV today and getting entirely Maiden oranges. :sigh:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

There isn't much reason to farm Thundering Fury. Fischl wants millelith, Beidou wants Emblem, and +15% damage is only a little better than +18% atk in any case. Weirdly enough the only reason to farm it is 4TF Bennett. I've never farmed the geo domain for the same reason, despite having all four non-MC geo characters leveled.

Kokomi may actually want maiden, but very weird maiden pieces. Not the kind most people would save...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

No Wave posted:

There isn't much reason to farm Thundering Fury. Fischl wants millelith, Beidou wants Emblem, and +15% damage is only a little better than +18% atk in any case. Weirdly enough the only reason to farm it is 4TF Bennett. I've never farmed the geo domain for the same reason, despite having all four non-MC geo characters leveled.

Kokomi may actually want maiden, but very weird maiden pieces. Not the kind most people would save...

Wait, you don't run 2x Petra/2x Glad on Ning? Interesting.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

If you got Diona a comp of Ayaka/Mona/Kaz/Diona would be pretty optimal. Diona does triple duty as a shielder, healer, and energy battery for Ayaka. Plus enabling the Cryo Resonance.

I actually come in here to ask about the so called "Morgana Team" of Ganyu/Mona/Diona/Venti. I was thinking instead to run Ayaka/Mona/Ganyu/Kaz, with Ganyu as a burst support. Is this viable? I guess I'm just looking for a way to use both Ganyu and Ayaka since they feel a bit redundant.