Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1422621697161715718

Sounds familiar!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Of Coons
May 5, 2006

yea ok posted:

Michelle I Miss you

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I like the full quote.

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1422622057846673412

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1422624313279193090

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Two murders in the same vlog god drat

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I’m concerned this will come back to bite them in the future, because now every talent will try to get themselves over and something something blah blah blah

oh no, a wrestling promotion full of popular wrestlers, this will be the end of aew

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Alaois posted:

thats not the boogie man that's the guy from the weird-rear end Private Party skits from the early pandemic BTEs

Excalibur would know who he is. Nobody else does.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Cerebral Bore posted:

If it had just been Brandi and Kong and Kong could still go I think that it would have worked OK. Probably not the greatest gimmick in the world, but also not one that bombed so bad that not even AEW could save it.

Oh easily. It would have been great. Kong rules when she's not so beaten up she has to retire.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

NYC requiring vax for indoor events now I suppose will make the Queens show a lot more safe when it happens next month

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Unless they can pop the roof open and it's an outdoor stadium again.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah, depends on the weather forecast. Even then it might be better to just build a lighting rig and open it anyway.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

As soon as I saw the limo I know what was coming :gonk:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Specifically they can eat the food that was stolen off of Seth’s table

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr. Squishy posted:

Unless they can pop the roof open and it's an outdoor stadium again.

It's a retractable roof and technically an outdoor venue.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Daddy ate first, now it's everyone else's time

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Cody has been peak Cody this whole time and it has been peak wrestling being weird too.

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1422628918465638402

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

oh nice! I liked that look and am also happy to see it returning!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/Rich_Fann/status/1422631157644943360

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DuhSal posted:

oh nice! I liked that look and am also happy to see it returning!

I thought I heard folks didn't like it because it was slippery, so hopefully they figured out a way to get the logo on there without it causing issues/differences in texture.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

lmao

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

surprised Cody hasn't pushed for more MGS-adjacent storylines, unless Malakai reveals tomorrow that he got all the flawed recessive genes and they are both cloned from the perfect wrestler

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MassRafTer posted:

Cody has been peak Cody this whole time and it has been peak wrestling being weird too.

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1422628918465638402

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1422629361090498564?s=20

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

DLC Inc posted:

surprised Cody hasn't pushed for more MGS-adjacent storylines, unless Malakai reveals tomorrow that he got all the flawed recessive genes and they are both cloned from the perfect wrestler

Ric Flair as Big Boss

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cody Rhodes is a loving dweeb but goddammit he's our dweeb.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Cody owns

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

wtf i love cody now

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Love the Codester

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Someday Reddit is going to buy Cody a David Hayter cameo as a thank you

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

smarxist posted:

Ric Flair as Big Boss

When they said there was a genetic donor…. *removes jacket, starts doing a dance* WHEN THEY SAID, THERE WAS A GENETIC DONOR… *elbow drops jacket, pops back up* THE GENETIC DONOR WAS ME!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Ric Flair is actually the fake 2nd Big Boss that died in 1, and Buddy Rogers is the original Big Boss

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The Les Enfants Flairibles project.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Need Stu Grayson to pretend that Anna is possessing his arm.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
everyone was so excited for Omega vs Solid Snake at All Out but we get Omega vs Raiden

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

malakai black is gonna kiss cody on the lips and tell him he's pretty good

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

smarxist posted:

everyone was so excited for Omega vs Solid Snake at All Out but we get Omega vs Raiden

They may not like it now, but they’ll come to appreciate it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's good AEW quote day. Jericho was asked about Vince's competition quote.

quote:

“We’re not worried about what WWE is and we haven’t been since day one. We weren’t worried about what NXT did. The whole time with the NXT vs. AEW war, which ended in a total abysmal failure for NXT, we never once had a TV screen watching what they were doing when we were doing it. We didn’t know what segments they were in. We didn’t know any of that. Now, the WWE way is you’re watching what the competition is doing when they were on, we didn’t do that. And it was no disrespect. We just didn’t care. We were too busy worrying about our own company and about our own stories, and about our own show to care what anybody else is doing. And that’s one of the reasons why we did so well is that we were concentrating on AEW, not anything else.”

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

:toxx: If Malakai Black doesn't beat Cody "The American Nightmare Except That One Time He Was The American Dream For Copyright Law Reasons" Rhodes at AEW Homecoming in Jacksonville, Florida on August 4th, 2021 then I will eat a week long probe. When I'm wrong please at least make the reason be a good picture. :toxx:

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Shinjobi posted:

Cody Rhodes is a loving dweeb but goddammit he's our dweeb.

Twitter and the vlogs have shown that most of the AEW roster are also massive dweebs.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol Jericho with the loving killshot in that quote, holy poo poo. But he's 100% right: most WWE people seem obsessed with AEW, especially on social media to poo poo on it, but you rarely see AEW people care too much about doing the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
cody vs black could be cool

DEAR RICHARD fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 3, 2021