Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

smarxist posted:

everyone was so excited for Omega vs Solid Snake at All Out but we get Omega vs Raiden

Are we talking MGS2 Raiden or Revengeance Raiden?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Holy poo poo that owns.

Ganso Bomb posted:

I thought I heard folks didn't like it because it was slippery, so hopefully they figured out a way to get the logo on there without it causing issues/differences in texture.

I really like the logo in the mat. Being slippery and not knowing a solution for it is kind of funny because they can just ask a military tent manufacturer to craft them mats with the logo using the same method as making a cammo one.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I believe the logo being slippy was a story from WCW when they had just painted it on, but I guess AEW might have stumbled on that trick too.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Personally, from that media call I find it interesting that Cody says they are at the point of doing a stadium show. Which leads me to think about the scenario at a soon-ish Dynamite:
- Usual tease for "major announcement by Tony Khan"
- Either Tony comes out, announcement is that AEW finally goes to the West Coast, with a stadium Dynamite booked for Lumen Field in Seattle, Washington
- Following that, Miro cuts a promo how he will defeat any AMERICAN that faces him, and if God commands him to, he will even fight a DRAGON

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lethrom posted:

:toxx: If Malakai Black doesn't beat Cody "The American Nightmare Except That One Time He Was The American Dream For Copyright Law Reasons" Rhodes at AEW Homecoming in Jacksonville, Florida on August 4th, 2021 then I will eat a week long probe. When I'm wrong please at least make the reason be a good picture. :toxx:

:toxx: If Cody "The American Nightmare Except That One Time He Was The American Dream For Copyright Law Reasons" Rhodes doesn't beat Malakai Black at AEW Homecoming in Jacksonville, Florida on August 4th, 2021 then I will eat a week long probe. When I'm wrong please at least make the reason be a good picture. :toxx:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Fuego sucks.

But Fuego also fucks.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

Fuego sucks.

But Fuego also fucks.

Its all he craves.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
So the winners of the friendlympics... can use the Nightmare Family logo/cachet in any promotion, that's pretty cool

too bad it's not a real faction

King Of Coons
May 5, 2006
I hope they sign cole just so we get another wrestling wedding

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Fuego sucked.

But Fuego also hosed.

Fixed. RIP.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Weird, there's a member of the Suicide Squad not in this AEW tie-in ad. Must be one of those coincidences. https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT/status/1422648598416826377

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

That Best Friends BTE skit should be on Dynamite. It's short and it's funny. The crowd would have loved it and it helps get Yuta over too. Ah well

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lamuella posted:

Weird, there's a member of the Suicide Squad not in this AEW tie-in ad. Must be one of those coincidences. https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT/status/1422648598416826377

He's in there.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Lamuella posted:

You can’t see him?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
he's talking about da joker

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/ToBeMiro/status/1422652852934254605
Miro seems alright :unsmith:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
wonder when we get Miro in the Conan reboot

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DLC Inc posted:

lol Jericho with the loving killshot in that quote, holy poo poo. But he's 100% right: most WWE people seem obsessed with AEW, especially on social media to poo poo on it, but you rarely see AEW people care too much about doing the same.

The WWE thread is 441 pages of us making GBS threads on them

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

We're not AEW people. We just post about it.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
is this like a george soros like situation where anyone that posts anything bad about wwe is probably on BBT's payroll

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Kunabomber posted:

is this like a george soros like situation where anyone that posts anything bad about wwe is probably on BBT's payroll

No we all work for Andrade

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rarity posted:

The WWE thread is 441 pages of us making GBS threads on them
We're not changing policies and looking over our shoulders thinking about Kevin Dunn's cunning camera work or something though, we're like "lol they released who" and SLAP JACK

TEE BAR

etc

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Pylons posted:

No we all work for Andrade

Tranquiiiiiiiiiilo.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
the biggest thing i've learned since coming back to wrestling because of AEW is how many of these absolute nerds collect toys and they are all my sons now even Cody

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Germansimp posted:

- Following that, Miro cuts a promo how he will defeat any AMERICAN that faces him, and if God commands him to, he will even fight a DRAGON

yeah a 3 way of miro, cody, and shingo takagi sounds great

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Jericho is lying about them not caring, like, complete bald faced lie, but also, that's okay.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MJeff posted:

Jericho is lying about them not caring, like, complete bald faced lie, but also, that's okay.

i agree but also it's deliciously fun to be in the position AEW is in, so, turn the screws

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Nobody working for AEW has ever even heard of WWE

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Procrastinator posted:

yeah a 3 way of miro, cody, and shingo takagi sounds great

I had not considered Miro vs Shingo and now I am mad it’s not happening soon.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Mr. Squishy posted:

Nobody working for AEW has ever even heard of WWE

Paul Wight got thrown off the roof of a building during a monster truck sumo match and woke up in Jacksonville 25 years later

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Joey McChrist posted:

malakai black is gonna kiss cody on the lips and tell him he's pretty good

hell, why not

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I still feel AEW fans shouldn’t care or even entertain what WWE fans have to say about anything AEW because WWE is not even close to the same genre of programming that AEW is. They share a handful of similarities and are vastly different in every other aspect it’s like fighting over if the red dead redemption games are better than the TV show Gunsmoke. WWE barely qualifies as a story telling show that company os determined to become AI generated screen saver content and AEW is a show that has some semblance of plot and narrative and choreographed conflicts.

RAW features the same people in the same matches doing the same sequences week in and week out with no real plot devices beyond what youd find through random generation and very early AI. I have watched professional cornhole that had more defined characters and storylines than WWE in 2k21.

I think the urge to dunk on people is just too hard to resist for fans of both shows, when in reality they aren’t even fans of the same type of thing and I don’t think that anyone could actually be a WWE fan, it’s like watching 15 hours a week of stagnant water and calling it entertainment because occasionally every few months a sort of cool looking bird lands nearby for a sip, and maybe just maybe a really cool looking bird you loved seeing 15 years ago might stop by once a year to drink all the water. Then a senile old man comes by and pisses the puddle back to it’s original volume.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The only person I can safely dunk on is myself.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Honestly at this point WWE could just air 3 hours of randomly generated 2k20 matches and it'd make just as much sense as the regular show. Probably be less rematches even.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.shopaew.com/hangman-adam-page-you-don-t-need-a-hat-to-be-a-cowboy.html

I like this shirt a lot.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The idea that AEW and WWE are a different "genre" seems really weird. WWE is still wrestling. Its just bad. A TV show doesn't stop being what it is just because its lazy and derivative. Its just a bad tv show.

And yes, bad tv shows have fans. Many because they've just been watching it forever and they don't want to let go.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Nah, you can safely dunk on Hulk Hogan

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

STAC Goat posted:

The idea that AEW and WWE are a different "genre" seems really weird. WWE is still wrestling. Its just bad. A TV show doesn't stop being what it is just because its lazy and derivative. Its just a bad tv show.

And yes, bad tv shows have fans. Many because they've just been watching it forever and they don't want to let go.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

STAC Goat posted:

That WWE doesn't consider themselves a wrestling company makes AEW the #1 wrestling company in the world by all metrics