Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

All time bad tweet. What a dipshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
more like ronda lousy

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

The Worst Take Machine

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
intro and chorus of ruby soho is fine everything else doesnt work for me. I still dont like Where is My Mind as Orange Cassidy's theme. Partially because Jane just loving goes and has most of what i think of with wrestling themes

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

KungFu Grip posted:

intro and chorus of ruby soho is fine everything else doesnt work for me. I still dont like Where is My Mind as Orange Cassidy's theme. Partially because Jane just loving goes and has most of what i think of with wrestling themes

I'm sure Mikey Rukus can chop down Ruby Soho so it works a little more cleanly as an entrance

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Is she even on the WWE payroll anymore or is this just pro bono dumbassery?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

Well tell Jefferson Starship to stop ducking Tony then.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Vandar posted:

If Effy can make Goodbye Yellow Brick Road work as entrance music, I'm willing to give any song a chance as an entrance theme.

Besties In The World come out to Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden. It's the most delightful thing possible.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lamuella posted:

Besties In The World come out to Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden. It's the most delightful thing possible.

I haven't seen many ribs at live shows but one time Don Callis ribbed Sabu at a local show by having him come out to "Stop" by the Spice Girls.

Sabu did not register at all.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Tweets hit about as hard as her punches.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

Nah, the opening riff to Where Is My Mind owns. It wouldn't work for just anyone, but for OC, it totally does.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah I just listened to the song (Ruby Soho) and the chorus seems perfect for an entrance. Also Ruby Soho is an awesome name and I can't wait to see where she shows up.

I am going to assume and never accept any other possibility that Ronda spends all her spare time studiously running frame by frame through crowd shots in WWE shows and taking meticulous notes on every individual fan so she can check their chant history.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
You guys say I can't tweet, I'll show you some tweets!!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

lmao shes still mad that she got booed

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Remember when she shoot cried cause the fans whatted her

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Ronda is a classic case of someone who can dish it but can't take it. For example - corncobbing hard after her first UFC loss

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

She was dumb before she got knocked out a few times and that only made it worse

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Where is My Mind is a good song and everyone likes it a lot, but that kind of doesn't fit Orange Cassidy's character. He does not care. He shouldn't go out of his way to make sure he has everyone's favorite song as his entrance theme. He shouldn't have any music at all, or maybe some purposely generic stock music that is cheap to license.

Actually, the only thing he cares about are the Fast and Furious movies so his music should be Danza Kuduro by Don Omar.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The character of orange Cassidy, if kayfabily asked what kind of music he would like to come out to, would say the first song that would pop into his head, which would almost certainly be where is my mind. Not a song like that, the song itself. Because it’s a song he thinks is cool. The lore supports this - so apologize

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

THE LORE OF THE SQUEEZED

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the truth behind where is my mind as his theme is also the most fitting explanation for why his character would use it: someone else got excited about it and gave it to him

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
his gimmick is paul rudd from wet hot american summer

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

KungFu Grip posted:

his gimmick is paul rudd from wet hot american summer

Leva Bates and Peter Avalon, sitting outside together in the cold continually awkwardly swapping jackets.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

orange cassidy would probably shrug and say you pick something. and maybe that ended up being pixies. but i am not sure. he tries really hard when wrestling these days

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Orange Cassidy was trying out his xenophobic french character, & he said, Pick Zees Hon hon hon. Tony is a CHUD and lost his mind laughing but misunderstood the conceit of the character (CHUDS Are stupid)

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Arcade Anarchy Made me realize why they gave OC the Pixies song. It’s not for being great entrance music, it’s for being great end of match music.

I’m sure a good portion of the wrestling fanbase are people who first heard that song as the closing music in Fight Club, so it has that mental association as a closing theme. The shot of the Best Friends triumphant after the match with the song playing as the broadcast signed off was a great moment and it’ll play well in the future when they inevitably put a belt on him.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Dacap posted:

Arcade Anarchy Made me realize why they gave OC the Pixies song. It’s not for being great entrance music, it’s for being great end of match music.

I’m sure a good portion of the wrestling fanbase are people who first heard that song as the closing music in Fight Club, so it has that mental association as a closing theme. The shot of the Best Friends triumphant after the match with the song playing as the broadcast signed off was a great moment and it’ll play well in the future when they inevitably put a belt on him.

give the man two musics, if it's good enough for Mankind it's good enough for OC

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

You want OC to pick two songs?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you take the first letters of CHUDS Are stupid lovely idiots. die, yes! it spells out orange. ftw

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Davros1 posted:

You want OC to pick two songs?

no i want chuck to pick one song and trent to pick the other song

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lone Goat posted:

no i want chuck to pick one song and trent to pick the other song

That just means Yuta has to pick both.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

the truth behind where is my mind as his theme is also the most fitting explanation for why his character would use it: someone else got excited about it and gave it to him

I can accept this. I apologize for questioning the canon of OC.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Where is my mind is a great theme, the gently caress

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Nothing beats Mox using Seagulls Over Rhinoceros Bay Pt.2 in CZW.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Mox coming out to Violet at Bloodsport was also very good.

I am working on the assumption Ruby’s the joker at All Out and the crowd chanting “Ruby Ruby Ruby Ruby Soho” like the chorus is going to be very good.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Ronda is a classic case of someone who can dish it but can't take it. For example - corncobbing hard after her first UFC loss

I googled what "corncobbing" means and I understand it now, plus two extra :nws: definitions. Thanks internet.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Mox coming out to Violet at Bloodsport was also very good.

I am working on the assumption Ruby’s the joker at All Out and the crowd chanting “Ruby Ruby Ruby Ruby Soho” like the chorus is going to be very good.

I hope this is true, then again Tony doesn’t sign women as often. I genuinely want to be shut the gently caress up about this because it would own and Ruby is really good and would be an asset

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Ruby followed a ton of AEW people on social media after her release, I think she’s locked in

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Eat My Fuc posted:

I hope this is true, then again Tony doesn’t sign women as often. I genuinely want to be shut the gently caress up about this because it would own and Ruby is really good and would be an asset

There are 16 women on the roster page that aren’t currently the champion, definitely out for long term medical or on her way back to Japan. Drop 1 of those to challenge Britt, that’s 6 slots to fill in the battle royale, and couple of those will probably be Dark regulars (off the top of my head Diamanté and KiLynn King are definites, plus two more out of 4 or 5 other women who regularly worked Dark). Beyond that I think there’s a couple surprises for sure, one of whom will be the joker and probably a debut (even if that role’s been snake bitten, it feels like that’s been the intent.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

xbilkis posted:

Ruby followed a ton of AEW people on social media after her release, I think she’s locked in

ICR has said on the discord it's more or less a done deal.