Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

stab posted:

Yo.

Sorry just finished yelling at Matt (he didn't tell me)

I'm happy for your boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I'm happy for your boys.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh hey, Daniel Garcia.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I'm happy for your boys.

You have no idea how thrilled I am. Matt is going to be a father for the first time in 3 weeks. So having that income in a country with no free healthcare (remember we are all Canadians) takes a huge load off his back.

Now gently caress up my other boy Kingman!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Andrade is gonna win over Fenix and Penta, leaving the door open for the greatest trio ever...

The Butcher
The Blade
The Bastard

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Scarf posted:

Andrade is gonna win over Fenix and Penta, leaving the door open for the greatest trio ever...

The Butcher
The Blade
The Bastard

Hear me out, what if Andrade outbids Matt Hardy for Butcher and the Blade?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
well. this is bad.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheHybridEnigma/status/1422721072324087808

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I haven’t listened to every acclaimed rap but I somehow doubt that’s the worst reference max has busted out

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

All of the debuts lately are really making things that much more fun.

yeah!

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Aug 4, 2021

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
All of the debuts lately are really making things that much more fun.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
who were these guys in nxt again?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Seams posted:

who were these guys in nxt again?

EverRise

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

stab posted:

You have no idea how thrilled I am. Matt is going to be a father for the first time in 3 weeks. So having that income in a country with no free healthcare (remember we are all Canadians) takes a huge load off his back.

Now gently caress up my other boy Kingman!

Tell them to come to Vancouver when Nation Extreme Wrestling comes to fruition.

Or don't!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

God he raps so lamely Sage Francis corny as gently caress. I don’t know anything he was referencing though.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

YOU

GOTTA

BE

FUCKIN

KIDDIN

ME

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I missed these but NEW announced Eddie and PP's matches.

https://twitter.com/newwrestling1/status/1422376082301403139

https://twitter.com/newwrestling1/status/1422264429450866698

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

She just wants us to be on the podcast.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lmao that's a really bad and complicated joke Max.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Apparently Ishii is gonna be in the states for Resurgence on 8/14, would be a real shame if he accidentally stayed and extra few days, say, until the 20th at least, and (again accidentally) got on an airplane bound for chicago, and SOMEHOW managed to stumble into the united center. Also maybe do something that requires Miro to forgive him.

CM Punk is cool and all but I want 18 tons of angry beef men in that ring pronto, Tony.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Stoked to see EverRise do some poo poo tomorrow

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
miro vs ishii is my current #1 dream match

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

drat, The Acclaimed rule.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

kitten emergency posted:

I haven’t listened to every acclaimed rap but I somehow doubt that’s the worst reference max has busted out

Depends on who you are and what you find offensive. That one was near the top.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

yo

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Eat My Fuc posted:

God he raps so lamely Sage Francis corny as gently caress. I don’t know anything he was referencing though.
Simone Biles is an incredibly decorated Olympic gymnast from the United States. Like almost literally every Olympic gymnast of the past, she was sexually abused by Larry Nassar, who was eventually convicted and is effectively serving life in federal prison for his crimes. A few weeks ago right before the Tokyo Olympics started, the Justice Department issued their report on the case and it showed how lots and lots of people/organizations in the Olympics sphere did their best to ignore/cover up Nassar's laundry list of monstrous crimes. This understandably upset a lot of people, including Biles who withdrew from the Olympics citing mental health reasons. I feel like a lot of the DISCOURSE about Biles glosses over the middle part of that.

So "make you claim mental health like Simone Biles" is pretty suspect in the sense of what is making Simone Biles "claim mental health".

Dark was taped in Charlotte, North Carolina near Duke University. In 2006 members of its Lacrosse team were accused of a gang rape, and while charges were dropped and the case fell apart, it was... contentious and controversial and unpleasant in many, many ways. It does raise the question of how the Acclaimed will treat "those bitches"/Matt Sydal "like Duke Lacrosse", but none of the interpretations are very good.

Julia Hart is a nineteen year old professional wrestler who is the manager/valet for the Varsity Blonds. The 32 year old Max Caster was making disparaging remarks about her vagina.

Hope this helps!

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 4, 2021

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

i was expecting the poo poo simone biles joke but was not expecting the follow up. yeesh

edit: i stopped it after the duke joke and didn't hear the part about julia. max what the gently caress

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Seams posted:

miro vs ishii is my current #1 dream match

It would be pretty sweet and it almost makes Mox vs Ishii a let down since I thought they were going to do that.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
They've since edited the entrances out of that Dark match with Max and reuploaded the show, but the damage has been done already. Best case solution is to issue a public apology and take action so this kind of poo poo doesn't happen again.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Edge & Christian posted:

Simone Biles is an incredibly decorated Olympic gymnast from the United States. Like almost literally every Olympic gymnast of the past, she was sexually abused by Larry Nassar, who was eventually convicted and is effectively serving life in federal prison for his crimes. A few weeks ago right before the Tokyo Olympics started, the Justice Department issued their report on the case and it showed how lots and lots of people/organizations in the Olympics sphere did their best to ignore/cover up Nassar's laundry list of monstrous crimes. This understandably upset a lot of people, including Biles who withdrew from the Olympics citing mental health reasons. I feel like a lot of the DISCOURSE about Biles glosses over the middle part of that.

So "make you claim mental health like Simone Biles" is pretty suspect in the sense of what is making Simone Biles "claim mental health".

Dark was taped in Charlotte, North Carolina near Duke University. In 2006 members of its Lacrosse team were accused of a gang rape, and while charges were dropped and the case fell apart, it was... contentious and controversial and unpleasant in many, many ways. It does raise the question of how the Acclaimed will treat "those bitches"/Matt Sydal "like Duke Lacrosse", but none of the interpretations are very good.

Julia Hart is a nineteen year old professional wrestler who is the manager/valet for the Varsity Blonds. The 32 year old Max Caster was making disparaging remarks about her vagina.

Hope this helps!

Three fireable offenses, right in a row!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he saw it. what can i do.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

this is what he does. Max Caster raps his way into an rear end beating.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Edge & Christian posted:

Hope this helps!

When I heard the Duke Lacrosse line I immediately thought it was referencing that but then thought "No, surely that reference is too outdated and irrelevant to ACTUALLY be what he's going for so I must just be out of touch"

I didn't know enough about Simone Biles to judge that either.

I don't think I like max caster very much (by which I mean I don't like max caster, and I never have. I might even go so far as to say that he was always bad, its me, I am the guy always badding him)

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I mean I loving hate their team and their gimmick but he’s an idiot kid, punish him exactly the way they punished sammy, don’t ruin his life for being an unfunny, talentless dipshit, or do I have no power but I wouldn’t he should firstly apologize to Julia.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
So like, dark is not live. They've known in AEW that max was gonna say that for six days.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

coconono posted:

this is what he does. Max Caster raps his way into an rear end beating.

It is what he does and it’s lovely and punching down

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

I mean I loving hate their team and their gimmick but he’s an idiot kid, punish him exactly the way they punished sammy, don’t ruin his life for being an unfunny, talentless dipshit, or do I have no power but I wouldn’t he should firstly apologize to Julia.

Edge & Christian posted:

The 32 year old Max Caster

:thunk:

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

The difference is that Sammy actually was a kid at 23 when he made the Sasha Banks comment and Max is 32.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eat My Fuc posted:

His raps are pre-approved and they've been doing a running gimmick where they make dirty references to Julia. If you think the references went too far that's one thing, but the Julia stuff is a running storyline.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Max Caster to Cumtown, Nick Mullen to AEW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Max Caster pushing the envelope as a heel (the envelope contains Unemployment Assistance)