Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Yeah I would hope Max's heel raps about his coworker are precleared and I dunno why one would assume they weren't

The other poo poo is like, in poor taste but not really offensive to me? It's bad and I would tell him to knock if off but I also will not think about it ever again in my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I thought he was younger sorry, age blindness

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

His raps are pre-approved and they've been doing a running gimmick where they make dirty references to Julia. If you think the references went too far that's one thing, but the Julia stuff is a running storyline.

The Biles stuff is so much worse than the Julia stuff given the situation of Biles having to represent the very people that covered up her sexual assault.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
There's no way they can punish him for saying something that they had 6 days advanced notice of before they put it on Youtube.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i wasnt offended by the rap.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

reignofevil posted:

So like, dark is not live. They've known in AEW that max was gonna say that for six days.

I honestly didn't get the duke lacrosse joke until someone called it out here. The Simone Biles one is merely tasteless until you know all the context - which I doubt the majority of people do.

So I can see how it slipped by, but he obviously needs someone watching him at this point.

Vindication for those of us that found his interactions with MJF to be a little much, I suppose.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

His raps are pre-approved and they've been doing a running gimmick where they make dirty references to Julia. If you think the references went too far that's one thing, but the Julia stuff is a running storyline.

I do think making Jokes about women having a stinky pussy is not something that entertains or makes me think what i’m watching is worth my time, I also do not watch dark.

That the joke was follow up to some pretty weird and cruel rape jokes also made it come off worse.

I don’t think he should lose his career if he’d genuinely willing to apologize and change

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

luchadornado posted:

The Simone Biles one is merely tasteless until you know all the context - which I doubt the majority of people do.

It was all over the US news last week and it brought out a ton of lovely opinions about mental health and attacks on Simone herself.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The duke lacrosse line was hosed.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
they’re dialing in the edginess and missed the line. time to course correct, not much more than that

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Simone Biles is inescapable right now, and so is a lot of the Larry Nassar stuff.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

I don't necessarily think he should be fired either. But I know that every fuckin time I hear "The Acclaimed top of the game" I grimace because I don't know what poo poo Max is about to say that will make me embarrassed to admit I watch wrestling and glad that no one is watching it with me.

Edgy jokes suck rear end

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
The Biles joke is about her pulling out of several Olympic events due to having the "twisties," none of this other stuff about her has been in the media focus at all. I don't know anything about the Duke lacrosse stuff or if he might be referencing something more recent like the team doing badly. If I had to guess before reading this thread, I would have thought it was the joke about COVID testing being fake that got the rap pulled since that goes against the safety in that regard that AEW has portrayed.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

nah, it's bad.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Julia thing was dumb but fine, I don't think that's really the issue. The Biles thing is a really bad look but that was taped a week ago, but the Duke lacrosse thing is disgusting. 1/3 means he needs he to rethink it for next week. The company will handle it, or it won't, and then they can have a stupid/easily fixable problem on your hands.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

StarkRavingMad posted:

The Biles joke is about her pulling out of several Olympic events due to having the "twisties," none of this other stuff about her has been in the media focus at all. I don't know anything about the Duke lacrosse stuff or if he might be referencing something more recent like the team doing badly. If I had to guess before reading this thread, I would have thought it was the joke about COVID testing being fake that got the rap pulled since that goes against the safety in that regard that AEW has portrayed.

hrm

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
wwe once fired a guy for making a rape joke on live tv and he went on to become a bad rapper, so max is doing it backwards

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

The Biles joke is about her pulling out of several Olympic events due to having the "twisties," none of this other stuff about her has been in the media focus at all. I don't know anything about the Duke lacrosse stuff or if he might be referencing something more recent like the team doing badly.

C’mon man you can’t really think that

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The rap was good, love Max

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

In the thread, we see people doing the exact sort of twisting to downplay stuff that they like to mock WWE stans for. (Really? It's "fine" to have a 32yo man insulting a 19yo girl's vagina for cheap heat? Ffs...)

The "jokes" were tasteless, crude and very offensive. They were also massively punching down on young women, women of colour and victims of abuse.
From all I've seen, people are not calling on him to be fired, but a lot of people are expressing to AEW that this is Not OK (and yes, I think the same sort of course that Sammy went to is more than appropriate in this situation, especially considering Sammy's remarks were rather more historical).

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

I think an apology would be great, don't think he should be canned but I do feel a line was crossed a bit.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Eat My Fuc posted:

C’mon man you can’t really think that

Rather than him referencing a 15 year old case? His cheap heat is usually more current than that. I mean, it's totally possible that's what he was referencing, but like I said, I don't know poo poo about Duke and I figured it was just a "your team sucks" heat

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Caster's a lovely edgelord but he's been a lovely edgelord all along and they had these "jokes" for a week even if they weren't pre-approved and the reality of constantly pushing the line is that you inevitably push it too far. So really, I hate the gimmick and his raps but its on AEW as much as him.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The bad guy characters need to punch up

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Seams posted:

i wasnt offended by the rap.

i thought this one was a touch far with everything piled on so I'm not surprised we're at some sort of outrage but i have nooooo idea how this is gonna play out

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
- don't joke about rape
- only compliment genitals if you have to talk about them at all
- you usually never have to talk about them though

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

Rather than him referencing a 15 year old case? His cheap heat is usually more current than that. I mean, it's totally possible that's what he was referencing, but like I said, I don't know poo poo about Duke and I figured it was just a "your team sucks" heat

I live in NC and i’m a lifelong Duke basketball fan, No one here gives a poo poo about Lacrosse. The team is known for one egregious thing. You’re stretching to defend tv show you like, come back to reality.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The rap was somehow so bad that the line about COVID tests being fake, which based on five seconds of Googling appears to based on what appears to be social media misinformation, isn't even medaling in the list of things people are mad about. Which is kind of impressive when you think about it

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
their next rap should be about how nice julia's vagina is

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

My storm the capitol post was a spoiler 😓

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Dango Bango posted:

It was all over the US news last week and it brought out a ton of lovely opinions about mental health and attacks on Simone herself.

I think most people's understanding is that the Olympics are stressful and she noped out. Having lovely opinions on mental health and attacking people personally are still relatively acceptable in society, unfortunately.

I was implying it's even worse than that if the sexual assault poo poo is related to her mental health.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I heard the rap and thought "wow that was maybe a little too far" and then I read this thread and lol bullseye again, Max.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Julia gonna beat the gently caress outta Max

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Just when I thought the "Acclaimed is bad" people were finally coming around to them, Caster got them again.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MJeff posted:

I heard the rap and thought "wow that was maybe a little too far" and then I read this thread and lol bullseye again, Max.

You are hilariously sycophantic, bravo my friend.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

hosed up that they went over

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Eat My Fuc posted:

I live in NC and i’m a lifelong Duke basketball fan, No one here gives a poo poo about Lacrosse. The team is known for one egregious thing. You’re stretching to defend tv show you like, come back to reality.

I'm not stretching at all, like I said, I didn't know what it was about. If you personally know that absolutely nothing else is currently going on with Duke lacrosse from living there, then I bow to your greater knowledge.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Eat My Fuc posted:

My storm the capitol post was a spoiler 😓

Reading your post every week when the thread goes up always makes me laugh.

Much more than listening to Caster rap through this feud with Julia and the blonde guys.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Max is good at being a real dick. It's what I love about him. Do I think it's too far? Well, apparently it is. 75% of it went over my head because I don't follow American sports news/scandals.
Apologize if needed and tone it down. That's it. AEW can't punish him, they had it in the can and published it. It's on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Hey, what was the show he made the rape joke doing a benefit for again