Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Solkanar512 posted:

I actually come in here to ask about the so called "Morgana Team" of Ganyu/Mona/Diona/Venti. I was thinking instead to run Ayaka/Mona/Ganyu/Kaz, with Ganyu as a burst support. Is this viable? I guess I'm just looking for a way to use both Ganyu and Ayaka since they feel a bit redundant.

Depends on how good you are at avoiding damage after removing shields, healing, and a good bit of crowd control from your team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Araganzar posted:

Depends on how good you are at avoiding damage after removing shields, healing, and a good bit of crowd control from your team.

Yeah, that's not working out so well. I thought "maybe play it as more of a swap team" but I'm getting owned by those charging ronin dudes.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

can't even imagine what you hold/farm for kokomi

that is a hosed up character i feel like they're going to drop before she is finished baking, and because i want her i just avoid thinking about it

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

No Wave posted:

Kokomi may actually want maiden, but very weird maiden pieces. Not the kind most people would save...

Heh, I have like 8 5* Maiden pieces of every artifact slot saved.

Never know when there might be some healer that scales off of defense at some point!

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Ytlaya posted:

Never know when there might be some healer that scales off of defense at some point!
:twisted: Noelle's Skill heal does

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

TV Zombie posted:

How did he unfreeze himself so quickly

I played a lot of Konami's Track & Field in the arcade a few million decades ago.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED
So I'm coming up on soft pity with 30 rolls stashed away. Originally I was going to pull for Yoimiya since I liked her character. But now that I'm thinking about it more I'm trying to decide if I actually need her. My current pyros are Diluc (L80/C0), Xiangling (L80/C0), Bennett (L80/C2), Xinyan (benched because of Diluc), Amber (LOL), and Yanfei (L70/C5). And the only reason Yanfei is still at 70 is because farming two different bosses for mats is a pain. If I got Yanfei to 80 and gave her an artifact set worth a drat (most likely Wanderer's Troupe right now since I haven't really farmed the Crimson Witch domain much yet) does trying to go for Yoimiya even make sense?

Wait made me think about this was seeing all the discussion about Baal here, and by extension Sara. Baal is looking SUPER interesting and I'm also kinda wondering what Sara can do that Fischl can't. If Yanfei can do pyro ranged stuff better than Yoimiya can I'll pass on her. I just wasn't sure if there was anything I'm missing from comparing the two.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

It's hard to give a fully definitive answer until she's actually out honestly. At the very least she is filling the same role that Yanfei & Diluc are in being primarily a Pyro DPS.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

ReverendHammer posted:

So I'm coming up on soft pity with 30 rolls stashed away. Originally I was going to pull for Yoimiya since I liked her character. But now that I'm thinking about it more I'm trying to decide if I actually need her. My current pyros are Diluc (L80/C0), Xiangling (L80/C0), Bennett (L80/C2), Xinyan (benched because of Diluc), Amber (LOL), and Yanfei (L70/C5). And the only reason Yanfei is still at 70 is because farming two different bosses for mats is a pain. If I got Yanfei to 80 and gave her an artifact set worth a drat (most likely Wanderer's Troupe right now since I haven't really farmed the Crimson Witch domain much yet) does trying to go for Yoimiya even make sense?

Wait made me think about this was seeing all the discussion about Baal here, and by extension Sara. Baal is looking SUPER interesting and I'm also kinda wondering what Sara can do that Fischl can't. If Yanfei can do pyro ranged stuff better than Yoimiya can I'll pass on her. I just wasn't sure if there was anything I'm missing from comparing the two.

I'm really uncertain about Yoimiya, but I really want Sayu. Anemo healer is nice. If I you are on a f2p budget I would save for the archon though. So far each one has been a must have.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

ReverendHammer posted:

Yoimiya will almost certainly be better at pyro ranged stuff than Yanfei. But I don't think having a pyro ranged is very important. I own the same pyros you do and I've skipped Klee and Hu Tao and haven't regretted it. I'm likely to skip Yoimiya as well.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I appreciate that the voice actors for older people in Inazuma sound less like teenagers doing old people voices. The voice acting for Inazuma seems better all around, now that I think of it.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

Tsyni posted:

I'm really uncertain about Yoimiya, but I really want Sayu. Anemo healer is nice. If I you are on a f2p budget I would save for the archon though. So far each one has been a must have.

The most I do is Welkin primos wise. Which is why I was considering waiting for Baal.

No Wave posted:

Yoimiya will almost certainly be better at pyro ranged stuff than Yanfei. But I don't think having a pyro ranged is very important. I own the same pyros you do and I've skipped Klee and Hu Tao and haven't regretted it. I'm likely to skip Yoimiya as well.

You do bring up a good point there. I really only bring her out to help with the cryo vine and electro cube. I'll pass on Yoimiya.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I think my most-wanted character role right now would be a 5* DPS who doesn't badly want Xingqiu in their party. Either that or Mona so I could use her with Ayaka instead of Xingqiu for Abyss teams.

Alternatively I could get off my rear end and level/gear up Ningguang.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
You can legitimately use Barbara with Ayaka. It sounds stupid but it actually works and Thrilling Tales (HP substat!) makes it suck less than it sounds.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I definitely want at least C1 Sayu so I'll be pulling on Yoimiya's banner. If I happen to hit the 50/50 and win her then well I won't be upset. Although it will mean I won't be lined up for Baal but I'm already 1 for 2 on archons anyways.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I just hope I can get Sayu in the first 20 pulls before getting into soft pity range. Also not be "lucky" and pull a 5* sooner. I really am not feeling Yoimiya, as much as I liked her characterization.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

No Wave posted:

You can legitimately use Barbara with Ayaka. It sounds stupid but it actually works and Thrilling Tales (HP substat!) makes it suck less than it sounds.

How do you actually get these pictures? I was looking for my history of 36 star teams when I started doing them but I could never figure out where it was.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

In your Hoyolab profile. Only shows current and previous rotations.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

In your Hoyolab profile. Only shows current and previous rotations.

Oh yeah found it. Was messing with Morgana for most of the abyss this rotation but found it wasn't working well on floor 12 without stuff for it to suck in so I switched to my Eula team (had to redo 12-1 and since it was a redo I just slapped in Ganyu to drop an ult since I didn't need healing):

And this is with half leveled XL artifacts and a not fully leveled Dragon's Bane that's immediately getting swapped out for The Catch once we get that.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

No Wave posted:

Yomiya's damage appears to be pretty bad, unless they buff her right before release.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Yomiya's damage appears to be pretty bad, unless they buff her right before release.

I'm probably gonna try to roll for her because I really like the idea of machine gun fire archer but yeah, I would not be confident enough to say that she'd be better than Yanfei in DPS given what I've seen so far. All signs point to her being much weaker than Yanfei and Diluc from what I can tell.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

It's worth keeping in mind that if you're judging her from her story quest, they did her absolutely dirty and gave her a Noblesse artifact set with 0% Pyro Damage bonus. Her crit stats were obscene to be fair but even still her setup was real terrible.

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
I think they did that on purpose with these story quests because they wanted you to see their playstyle a bit longer, but it backfires because we can see the damage numbers.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
it's not just that, it's also that unlike every other pyro dps in the game, she didn't have a way to cheat reaction icds.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Nah this is not based on the story sets, it's based on the spreadsheets that were posted. It looks like with high refinement Rust or her 5* weapon and reasonable artifacts you were looking at around 65-70k for an AA5 rotation, with that dropping to like 50k with other weapons. Diluc vape rotation gets like 100-120k from his EEE with Serpent Spine, not counting any auto attack damage, and I think I've seen geared Yanfeis do around 50k per charged attack, though I haven't raised her myself.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

gandlethorpe posted:

The real ballers are the ones who crown all of MC's talents, including the non-elemental one only available in special circumstances

Oh, I didn't know about this. I put the ninth crown on Traveler only a couple of days ago. If I can't get the basic talent too I'll feel like I've wasted my crowns

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It's worth keeping in mind that if you're judging her from her story quest, they did her absolutely dirty and gave her a Noblesse artifact set with 0% Pyro Damage bonus. Her crit stats were obscene to be fair but even still her setup was real terrible.

I didn't even check, she was just annihilating everything for me. I had Beidou in my party, and mixing her burst with Yomiya's infused shots was as hilarious as it was destructive.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

On the subject of Yoimiya, her waifu trailer just popped up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtqToYEE5r4

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ultima66 posted:

Oh yeah found it. Was messing with Morgana for most of the abyss this rotation but found it wasn't working well on floor 12 without stuff for it to suck in so I switched to my Eula team (had to redo 12-1 and since it was a redo I just slapped in Ganyu to drop an ult since I didn't need healing):

And this is with half leveled XL artifacts and a not fully leveled Dragon's Bane that's immediately getting swapped out for The Catch once we get that.

I've got to get out of the habit of being a last day abyss runner and into the habit of being a first day abyss runner.

You ran this 40 minutes after it was out?

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

YoshiOfYellow posted:

On the subject of Yoimiya, her waifu trailer just popped up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtqToYEE5r4
not falling for it mihoyo

the raiden+sara banner is too high value

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

whomiya?

i'm ready for the important part of the banner (ok yes i still need to farm light books tomorrow and the weekend)

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

It will certainly be nice for there to be a 4* anemo healer for those of us that have never gotten Jean.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Yoimoiyoiyoi is going to be a freaking ridiculous substitute for childe in a beidou/fischl comp and I’m excited for it. Also Baal will slot perfectly into that so uh yeah idk.

Also lol Baal’s c6 is cooldown reduction on party ults and that seems so hilariously gamebreaking.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

It's a c6 on a limited 5*, it had better be

kater
Nov 16, 2010

every other five star also has a c6. thats the game. baal's is gamebreaking. like whales aren't going to be considered whales if they dont have it.

actually eh idk if it doesn't reduce her own ult... i mean that just means it affects every other loop instead of every single one yeah its ridicu.

kater fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Aug 4, 2021

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

kater posted:

Yoimoiyoiyoi is going to be a freaking ridiculous substitute for childe in a beidou/fischl comp and I’m excited for it. Also Baal will slot perfectly into that so uh yeah idk.

Also lol Baal’s c6 is cooldown reduction on party ults and that seems so hilariously gamebreaking.

You can get a discount version of that if you have chongyun c2 and some characters like XQ would even prefer that since he also reduces skill cooldowns. I actually really like chongyun in the ayaka, mona, VV, chong as you can cycle ults so fast if you have enough ER, he also provides some atk speed that help with ayaka slow attacks and he gives some extra resist shred for the second round of ults if needed.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Solkanar512 posted:

I actually come in here to ask about the so called "Morgana Team" of Ganyu/Mona/Diona/Venti. I was thinking instead to run Ayaka/Mona/Ganyu/Kaz, with Ganyu as a burst support. Is this viable? I guess I'm just looking for a way to use both Ganyu and Ayaka since they feel a bit redundant.

Ayaka replacing Diona is a new strong whale variant of the morgana team, but Venti is still better than Kaz in that team.

ReverendHammer posted:

If you are F2P, I advise against it. Besides that her current kit has full ICD which makes her deal less damage than other pyro DPS units that can utilize reaction damage, you got other invested units that fill the same niche. Unless the devs makes a last minute patch to remove the ICD and boost her into being broken, I would advise against it.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Upon reviewing preliminary research on Yoimiya, there's one and only one thing that will make me purposely pull for her. That's if her burst makes it easy to reliably quadmelt Chong's burst. Supposedly the initial hit applies a strong Pyro, so it'll at least triple melt. The question is how the weak Pyro from the procs affects that.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Flair posted:

If you are F2P, I advise against it. Besides that her current kit has full ICD which makes her deal less damage than other pyro DPS units that can utilize reaction damage, you got other invested units that fill the same niche. Unless the devs makes a last minute patch to remove the ICD and boost her into being broken, I would advise against it.

She has better than Eula normals during her ability, on bow attack speed. That’s a pretty good place to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I've got to get out of the habit of being a last day abyss runner and into the habit of being a first day abyss runner.

You ran this 40 minutes after it was out?

No it was definitely not right after it came out. I'm not sure what time zone that's in but I did it like the day after, probably like 12-16 hours after reset.