Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.
they call it fish and crisps in the UK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

7 am, right? So did he literally just declare one of those conservative restaurant outrages over not understanding McDonald's breakfast thing?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
The McDonald’s nearest me currently offers the Filet-O-Fish. 380 calories, which seems reasonable for lunch. Sucks to be Greg Kelly, I guess?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Laughing at this significantly more than it deserves rn

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

how the gently caress is he misspelling the name of the restaurant while posting a big loving picture of the loving sign

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Because Greg does this weird Twitter persona thing that nobody other than him gets.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I feel like these kinds of dipshits, him and smol ben, they purposefully do stupid poo poo like this because their followers will still agree with them and will say "yeah, loving cancel culture" no matter what while their detractors will comment to mock them which still drives engagement.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Baron von Eevl posted:

I feel like these kinds of dipshits, him and smol ben, they purposefully do stupid poo poo like this because their followers will still agree with them and will say "yeah, loving cancel culture" no matter what while their detractors will comment to mock them which still drives engagement.

Walking into these dens of liberal pit vipers is the closest thing most twitter creeps will ever come to going into war.

https://twitter.com/ksorbs/status/1417570931770335241?s=20

Kevin Sorbo is like the Van Helsing of Starbucks, if Van Helsing has just continuously walked into Dracula's house and yelled "It's BULLSHIT that you drink blood" instead of killing him.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
'God is a woman' is such a milquetoast, nothing statement of empowerment (at least I think that's what it's supposed to be) that I cannot fathom someone actually being offended by it.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Cleretic posted:

'God is a woman' is such a milquetoast, nothing statement of empowerment (at least I think that's what it's supposed to be) that I cannot fathom someone actually being offended by it.

christianity is so fundamentally misogynistic that women not being subservient to a man going against their very creation myth.

adam was made in gods image, who also made lilith. lilith stood up for herself, so was cast out of eden and replaced with eve, who was created from adam to serve him

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

RFC2324 posted:

christianity is so fundamentally misogynistic that women not being subservient to a man going against their very creation myth.

adam was made in gods image, who also made lilith. lilith stood up for herself, so was cast out of eden and replaced with eve, who was created from adam to serve him
Depends on the branch of Christianity, but fundamentalism, absolutely. Lilith isn't actually in the bible, though, isn't she gnostic...?

EDIT: The bible itself is full of women being very important, down to being war leaders like Deborah or straight up just taking advantage of accepted hospitality customs to kill people with their guards down, so I'd argue a lot of the modern misogyny comes in waaaay after. But there's definitely a lot of strains of Christianity that use Eve as an excuse to treat women like furniture.

PetraCore has a new favorite as of 06:31 on Aug 4, 2021

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Cleretic posted:

You fool, you absolute heathen. Don't you know that any self-respecting god has to be MAN, with a big, veiny, swangin' dick.

Just imagine, a FEMALE god. Ugh, no sense at all. A god with a VAGINA! That's Satans trouble-pocket, I'll have you know.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Cleretic posted:

it's from a song about some good ol' fuckin, which makes it even funnier that puritanical little shits are upset about it

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Baron von Eevl posted:

i get that (madison cawthorne tweets incessantly about “standing for” or “standing with” various CHUD causes and the trumplols thread jerks itself raw over it as if it’s not blatantly intentional) but just straight up presenting questions about your own basic literacy is a weird look

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/adamndsmith/status/1422462734776610855?s=19

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Satans trouble-pocket

Mods please?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

Lilith is Jewish mythology and doesn't feature in mainline Christianity at all.

Christianity for its first three centuries was feminist and egalitarian; part of the reason it spread so easily through the Empire despite persecution was because of how attractive it was to women, slaves, and other lower classes (as opposed to rivals like Mithradism, which was male- and soldier- only). Then Constantine came to power and Christianity merged with the Roman State, and welp.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Byzantine posted:

Christianity for its first three centuries was feminist and egalitarian; part of the reason it spread so easily through the Empire despite persecution was because of how attractive it was to women, slaves, and other lower classes (as opposed to rivals like Mithradism, which was male- and soldier- only). Then Constantine came to power and Christianity merged with the Roman State, and welp.

Christianity was so much cooler before it sold out.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

FFT posted:

Fun fact about the Filet-O-Fish as a Friday thing for Catholics:

It was in competition with the Hula Burger (grilled pineapple slice with a couple slices of cheese) for the role.

You can probably imagine how that went.

Relatedly: I was actually rather surprised to find out that the Filet-o-Fish isn't actually halal certified (because the vegetable oil isn't filtered).

That said, you can always tell if a fast-food restaurant is going for "close enough for most Muslims" by a lack of pork items on the menu, which is win-win because fast food bacon is loving awful.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

RoboRodent posted:

Christianity was so much cooler before it sold out.

Less sold out, more literally became The Man.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

"Every tub sits on its own bottom"

makes u think

TinTower posted:

Relatedly: I was actually rather surprised to find out that the Filet-o-Fish isn't actually halal certified (because the vegetable oil isn't filtered).

That said, you can always tell if a fast-food restaurant is going for "close enough for most Muslims" by a lack of pork items on the menu, which is win-win because fast food bacon is loving awful.
drat, this ruins the joke I heard once about how the Filet-o-Fish was the key item in solving Abrahamic religion quarrels, because it's the one thing on the menu that Catholics, Jews, and Muslims can all agree on.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

You're thinking of big butts.

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

Cocaine Bear posted:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

GlobglogGroAbgalab posted:

Not to mention the host listing marmalades when giving examples of acceptable answers

Baron von Eevl posted:

Yeah, common jellies, you know, lemon, lime, cranberry, all the citruses.

Jelly in the UK is what you call Jell-O. He wasn't asking for flavours of jam.

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

Scientastic posted:

Jelly in the UK is what you call Jell-O. He wasn't asking for flavours of jam.

Ugh. The Queen’s English is an ooga-booga language.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Fair point. Please also strike all mentions of people like MLK Jr. or Jesus from the record. It is impossible to say if they actually thought racism was cool or that spitting on the homeless is fine and dandy, and quoting their works to claim otherwise is cheating.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Cocaine Bear posted:

Constantly!

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

lmao

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Cocaine Bear posted:

and I cannot lie

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

theironjef posted:

Walking into these dens of liberal pit vipers is the closest thing most twitter creeps will ever come to going into war.

https://twitter.com/ksorbs/status/1417570931770335241?s=20

Kevin Sorbo is like the Van Helsing of Starbucks, if Van Helsing has just continuously walked into Dracula's house and yelled "It's BULLSHIT that you drink blood" instead of killing him.

So where'd he end up applying?

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Fair point. Please also strike all mentions of people like MLK Jr. or Jesus from the record. It is impossible to say if they actually thought racism was cool or that spitting on the homeless is fine and dandy, and quoting their works to claim otherwise is cheating.
Honestly I'm fairly sure both of those people would disagree pretty loving strongly with like 80% of what people invoke them for, so... Yes?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Zero_Grade posted:

makes u think
Between this and the guy saying there's an old expression that making food free will cause people to starve, I'm beginning to think the problem with a lot of chuds is they don't realise their dear old granny was utterly demented.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Zero_Grade posted:

makes u think

what the gently caress does this even mean

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

what the gently caress does this even mean

that's the beauty of it. it doesn't mean anything

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Sunswipe posted:

Between this and the guy saying there's an old expression that making food free will cause people to starve, I'm beginning to think the problem with a lot of chuds is they don't realise their dear old granny was utterly demented.

I absolutely despise when people say poo poo like "well, my granny always said", or "my parents raised me to do...".

Basically you're saying that some old fart told you to be a certain way 40 years ago, and you've had zero personal growth or introspection since then.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

My Oma always said, if you've got nothing good to say, just post on a dead, gay website.

E: then she'd beat the poo poo out of us.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

hawowanlawow posted:

that's the beauty of it. it doesn't mean anything

Totally offtopic but I love this phrase and the story behind it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/conselfowns/status/1422673764354039811?s=21