Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

graph posted:

im watching dark rn and its not

They unlisted the premiere but if you go directly to their channel and look at the episode its edited. The link smarxist posted is to the unlisted one and it still contains the entrance. My guess is that outright deleting it fucks with viewer metrics on youtube's end so they just unlisted. So I guess it depends on where you got the link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Caster’s post sensitivity training gimmick should be the Shockmaster, yes he’s a master of shocking you and being problematic but he’s learned now to harness that power, instead of rape joking you into bewilderment he will make you so afraid of what he might say that’s shocking. Years on he comes to the ring ranting about how the empire was right and the jedi are hypocrites and he trips and falls, his entire head rolling off his body like the last 1/4th of eraserhead.

MJeff calls it a masterpiece, all of us are long gone having died in the Nestle Vs. Lockheed Martin war. The forums are silent, but wrestlecrap posts a scathing critique of the segment, which was co written by Vince McMahon and Tony Khan who are married.

Yeah but did the new Kanye album come out by then?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Eat My Fuc posted:

Caster’s post sensitivity training gimmick should be the Shockmaster, yes he’s a master of shocking you and being problematic but he’s learned now to harness that power, instead of rape joking you into bewilderment he will make you so afraid of what he might say that’s shocking. Years on he comes to the ring ranting about how the empire was right and the jedi are hypocrites and he trips and falls, his entire head rolling off his body like the last 1/4th of eraserhead.

MJeff calls it a masterpiece, all of us are long gone having died in the Nestle Vs. Lockheed Martin war. The forums are silent, but wrestlecrap posts a scathing critique of the segment, which was co written by Vince McMahon and Tony Khan who are married.

I can't believe this is what they put off Hangman-Omega to do

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah but did the new Kanye album come out by then?

Junya Watanabe is the last recorded number one single, Kanye is living on the moon with Kudi.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
drat this aged poorly

https://twitter.com/PlatinumMax/status/1422395335910076444

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Lethrom posted:

They unlisted the premiere but if you go directly to their channel and look at the episode its edited. The link smarxist posted is to the unlisted one and it still contains the entrance. My guess is that outright deleting it fucks with viewer metrics on youtube's end so they just unlisted. So I guess it depends on where you got the link.

The original upload is at 119k views now lmao. They should have just deleted it if they wanted to cover their tracks, or don't reupload at all and instead issue a TW/apology in the description or something.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

max caster tryna get that DaBaby publicity

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

shiksa posted:

rape joke? thought it might be some other reference to duke's world famous lacrosse team.

I legit wondered "who the gently caress is Duke LaCross - some SoundCloud rapper or something?" because while I remember that famous case, it never crossed my mind that anyone would be dumb enough to make a rape joke, in front of an audience, in 2021, for a 15 year old event.

But I guess Max is dumb enough.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Dimebags Brain posted:

I have no idea who Larry Nassar is and my entire knowledge of SImon Biles is a vague knowledge of lady who pulled out of Olympics for mental health reasons. I don't listen to the radio or have tv so maybe that's why?
It was a very big news story in newspapers and also on television. Like top of page on CNN, New York Times, everyone. More recently, both HBO (2019) and Netflix (2020) made documentaries about Nassar. I think there have been a couple of books written about it too. I don't watch the Olympics unless Danny Boyle is producing their opening ceremonies, and I know who Larry Nassar is, again I don't blame anyone for not knowing who he is, but if you're someone weighing in in a public manner -- be it on a talk show, a wrestling promo, a wrestling rap, a concert stage, etc. -- it's possible you should be better informed about the stuff you are talking about than people posting on a non-Olympics message board.

Alaois posted:

are you sure that was a real line in the rap and not something someone made up to fool you because i don't even vaguely remember it from watching the premiere
The rap is still up in several Twitter posts (ripped from the stream, not uploaded by AEW) and the third bit is: "The Blonds say they the best but those dudes are faker than a PCR test", which yes, is a current Covidspiracy.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
next week max should rap about how sushi and all japanese food is gross and weird

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Caster is an rear end in a top hat and he’s doing his job well.

There’s a difference between some effective though highly risqué verbal shitposting as part of a gimmick and a person flat out saying he would like to commit a sexual assault while out of character. Some of y’all would have had MJF give a sincere out of gimmick mea culpa at the apology podium for giving that one kid the bird at his meet and greet, and probably make him do Make a Wish work for penance.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

MJeff calls it a masterpiece, all of us are long gone having died.

Is there like a gofundme I can contribute to for this?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Edge & Christian posted:

The rap is still up in several Twitter posts (ripped from the stream, not uploaded by AEW) and the third bit is: "The Blonds say they the best but those dudes are faker than a PCR test", which yes, is a current Covidspiracy.

again i blame me not knowing what a pcr test is for missing that line

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

All I know is we're all still talking about it

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

bloodysabbath posted:

There’s a difference between some effective though highly risqué verbal shitposting as part of a gimmick and a person flat out saying he would like to commit a sexual assault while out of character. Some of y’all would have had MJF give a sincere out of gimmick mea culpa at the apology podium for giving that one kid the bird at his meet and greet, and probably make him do Make a Wish work for penance.

https://twitter.com/girloncinema/status/1422760054328004609?s=21

this you?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I can't tell who here is being deliberately obtuse and just ignorant but the number of people who are reying to wave off references to a child rape survivors mental issues and one of the most infamous false accusation rape prosecutions in history is loving eerie. Its bad poo poo and if one second if this happened in any other company it would be clear as day this is vile. This usn't heat of wanting them to get beaten, this is go away heat and be fired.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
yo
yo
yo

we're going to mentor max and help his personal relations
we'll teach him to be kind and reinforce foundations

please accept apologies and all our reparations
we're burying the video deeper than canadian first nations

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bloodysabbath do you really want to go down this path with your history

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
gently caress wait, do over, we're sorry

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

This one might have aged even worse:
https://twitter.com/PlatinumMax/status/1421517654821679104

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Like peoe saying the Larry Nassar never heard of? It was one if the biggest scandals in sports history with literally hundreds of child victims. Pretty much every American female gymnast in the last 20 years you've seen in the Olympics was molested by him. This is not obscure.

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

bloodysabbath posted:

Why? Was MJF talking about the kid's genitals?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

bloodysabbath posted:

This is garbage and there is no reason to go to this poo poo for ~heat~

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Alaois posted:

bloodysabbath do you really want to go down this path with your history

Of course that post comes from someone with that rap sheet.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

:stare:

Lid posted:

I can't tell who here is being deliberately obtuse and just ignorant but the number of people who are reying to wave off references to a child rape survivors mental issues and one of the most infamous false accusation rape prosecutions in history is loving eerie. Its bad poo poo and if one second if this happened in any other company it would be clear as day this is vile. This usn't heat of wanting them to get beaten, this is go away heat and be fired.

I'm willing to support this stance. yes we like AEW, yes Caster usually dances on the line, but it sounds like this one goes over in Bad ways. I don't know if it's "get fired" worthy, that's on Tony and AEW, but it feels as bad as Sammy's jokes last year.

I don't think this is the time to say "heels can use anything to get heat"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
The man was using covid denialism as part of his heat and that should be get fired itself and no one is even noticing because of the other poo poo he said. This wasn't one bad line this was everything was loving evil and horrible.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I don't like this discourse anymore and I feel bad for engaging.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
lmao though that like everyone is paying attention to AEW like at this very moment due to Punk/Bryan/Adam Cole talk and then lol "rape / mental illness / vagina / covid's fake" rap like if I were tony i'd be pissed at max and the editing team real fierce

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
like who the hell approved that what the hell were they thinking

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lid posted:

fwiw, i didn't know Biles was one of the victims of that dude or connect her pulling out for stress due to it, i've completely tuned out of the Olympics since the first day and haven't seen any coverage of it because everyone can kinda live in their own media bubble these days. i thought Biles had left her reasons vague and that particular connection was made later by other parties after people were making lovely comments about it

whole thing is a mess though

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the real reason why 2.0 are being rushed onto Dynamite so quickly, Max Caster is getting fired and they need a team to take the Acclaimeds spot

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

MotU posted:

lmao though that like everyone is paying attention to AEW like at this very moment due to Punk/Bryan/Adam Cole talk and then lol "rape / mental illness / vagina / covid's fake" rap like if I were tony i'd be pissed at max and the editing team real fierce

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I will literally fight someone now

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Lid posted:

Like peoe saying the Larry Nassar never heard of? It was one if the biggest scandals in sports history with literally hundreds of child victims. Pretty much every American female gymnast in the last 20 years you've seen in the Olympics was molested by him. This is not obscure.

People who aren't American and/or into sports (particularly gymnastics) probably wouldn't have known about this up until now. For example, me.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fire Max

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I will literally fight someone now

New York Penn Station outside the Jamba Juice aka The Rumble Zone if you think you're tough

or if you think you're weak, I'm like 4 and 17 in The Rumble Zone this year and I could use an easy match

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
so THAT'S where The Rumble Zone moved to!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Dynamite cannot come fast enough.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I only fight at Newark Penn Station

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Lid posted:

To be honest, I didn't immediately connect the Biles line to Nassar. So I was like "oh ho ho, mental health problems are hilarious" :rolleyes: