Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Sassy Witch
This poll is closed.
Magilou 33 28.45%
Oddium 9 7.76%
All of them 15 12.93%
All of them (except the problematic ones) 30 25.86%
metis, whose birthday is this month 12 10.34%
Metis cannot stop editing polls 17 14.66%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just brought Fuga: Melodies of Steel and I am excited to see just how bleak it gets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I'm crossposting this with the steam thread, but I've been using the Azeron for the longest time (https://www.amazon.com/Azeron-Classic-Programmable-Customized-Thumbstick/dp/B08GKX569F) and I really like it, but I've been thinking that I don't really use the joystick, and I could probably go a lot further with a more rounded out controller.

In comes the Excalibur, I like that it has backspace and enter right there, and all of those nifty function buttons and the numpad. https://www.amazon.com/AULA-Progammable-Handed-Merchanical-Keyboard/dp/B0728P6DR5/ It's mechanical too, I really like these half keyboards for art stuff, and also in gaming, like having your enter and backspace close to your hand is always A++

So yeah, anyone used this thing?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I have become an "Age Insider" in the hopes of getting into the AOE4 closed beta lol

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is there any point to a Series X at this time? I know it's possible they will have some use in the future, but right now? I've got a friend who was thinking of getting one and I am pushing him towards a PS5 for obvious reasons. Game pass is not a viable reason, so skip that. Cheap games isn't a selling point. Games he can't already play on a PC are.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If he has a decent PC there isn’t a real reason unless quick resume is appealing. I like mine a lot and don’t really miss my PC. I’ll still buy a replacement GPU when I’m able but the SX keeps me from being desperate about it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

NEO TWEWY says ACAB

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Was hoping someone is familiar with Mednafen emulator, and can help me with Xenogears. I get to this part and the game freezes, anything I can do to fix this? I think I might just have to accept playing it on Vita or PS3, because Xenogears seems to have a lot of issues with emulation? I've tried RetroArch as well and that is even more unstable.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you have a gaming PC there isn't really a point in PS5 or xbox. Switch+PC covers basically everything right now.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

cheetah7071 posted:

If you have a gaming PC there isn't really a point in PS5 or xbox. Switch+PC covers basically everything right now.

You can play Ratchet & Clank and Demon's Souls on PC or Switch? And Returnal? Or all the PS4 exclusives?

Craziness.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
well if you want to play PS4 games I might recommend the PS4, which is cheaper and easier to get your hands on than a PS5. It can even play demon's souls

and like, yeah, right now there's barely any current-gen exclusives except for switch. I did sort of assume they probably had a last-gen console already if they were eying an xbox though, so that is an assumption, and maybe a bad one

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Aug 4, 2021

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Theres no way of playing Demons Souls on a PS4

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Demons Souls plays pretty well on PC if you don’t Mind emulation.

The only PlayStation exclusives that have excited me lately were Persona 5, Returnal, and 13 Sentinels. Hoping Sony funds more small weird games and less big blockbusters.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Sakurazuka posted:

Theres no way of playing Demons Souls on a PS4

why did I think ps4 had back compat

comment withdrawn

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
PS5 still feels like it has a near-launch library despite being out for ages. That's processor shortages for ya I guess. If you're only going to get one current-gen console, right now, it's 100% Switch and I don't anticipate its library being matched for years at the rate things are going. It might keep the lead all the way until the next gen even. Counting back compat PS5 is close, but then you can just buy a PS4 for much cheaper if that's what you want. Or might even already have one.

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Aug 4, 2021

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
He had a 360 and says the Series X is easier to get. He doesn't make the wisest decisions sometimes. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything. AFAIK, bethesda will maybe start releasing exclusives for the console only. Maybe. It just seems that MS doesn't care about console exclusives. They want things on their platform(s).

Oh yeah, and he says that there is good backwards compatibility on the Series X with 360 and OG Xbox games.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s the best way to play Ninja Gaiden Black and 2 yeah

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Yeah Xbox feels kind of pointless. PS5 will be good...eventually. If you're into the kinds of AAA exclusives sony gets and don't have a PS4, it's good already, though I'd still consider just getting a PS4 and saving a few hundred bucks. Xbox->Switch might be too big of a difference in gaming taste, though I'll endlessly go to bat for it being the best option on the market right now.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Many PS4 games runs like poo poo on an actual PS4 though, especially the non-pro which most people have. The ps5 is the best way to play PS4 games.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I have a PS5 and I mostly use it to play upgraded PS4 titles. Fortunately there was enough sitting in my backlog on PS4 that I feel like I always have something to play even after finishing Ratchet and Astrobot. I like the SSD, the UI, and the controller, so I’m happy with my purchase, but it is certainly not anything anyone “needs” right now.

I think the main reason to get a Series X is if you want to have something that comes with the convenience of a console (PCs are fiddly) that boosts all the games you already own and does 4K (my gaming PC can’t). Xbox is doing back compat better than anyone else and by all accounts the Series X is a really nice console. But, it has absolutely no exclusives as a matter of choice. If I had money to sling around after getting a house I’d get a SX to play Forza Horizon 5 in 4K.

So there are reasons to get both consoles but they’re super marginal right now, supply issues not withstanding. It is true that Switch+PC cover 95% of the things that you could play right now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Blizzard have also fired their head of HR

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Played through The Forgotten City last night, and had a great time. It's kind of a mix between Outer Worlds (Unreal Engine 4 game with lots of dialog where you zoom in on people's faces) and Outer Wilds (Groundhog day game, most of the gameplay is exploring ancient ruins and chatting) It took me about 8 hours to find all endings according to Steam, though it feels a bit longer (maybe Steam didn't count the time it was down last night).

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Rarity posted:

Blizzard have also fired their head of HR

Dewgy posted:

No that’s an elf pretending to be a vampire.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Level 3 Level 3 Level 3 Level 3 Jonathan Charlotte

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsZTolLYjbc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Epe8jLpmR4

Is... is Charlotte a Sassy Witch?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/1422905163992510469?s=19

You can't just remember that Jet Set Radio exists and NOT have me bug you about a new one

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

J
E
T

S
E
T

R
A
D
I
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

J
E
T

S
E
T

R
A
D
I
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Switch is redundant now, a good PC can run Switch games better than the switch can

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
But what about all the rooftop parties I go to, I can't bring my PC there!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Baller Time posted:

But what about all the rooftop parties I go to, I can't bring my PC there!

Congratulations on being The Person steam deck is aimed at!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Portrait of Ruin was a p good game

Richiter mode

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The United States posted:

Is... is Charlotte a Sassy Witch?
thats right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xw4008qBww

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Then it's official

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Infinitum posted:

J
E
T

S
E
T

R
A
D
I
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O

future

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

at the risk of barudak kramering in to talk about how much they hate octopath, the finale really is some FF3 bullshit lol

i guess they consider it not really a proper finale and that if you finish all the character chapters then you are technically finished with the game and this is more of a postgame challenge with story to it, but it's the lack of respect for time that gets me

if you want to do a boss rush and then a superboss then fine, but you can't expect me to do it all without a save point, or at the very least a save & suspend. maybe that flies on Switch *which has built-in suspend) but it doesn't fly on Xbox/PC, and for people who get to the end of their night who basically have to go "i guess i can't do this tonight"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Should've played the superior Octo game, Octodad

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i was mostly fine with everything up to the finale especially because the bench characters being underleveled doesn't REALLY matter in the main game, as you can load them up with equipment and accessories to boost their HP and keep them in the Cleric role with an overheal ability

that got me to the finish line without issue. the issue is that the finish line i guess wants your whole party to be lvl70 and i don't have a single character at 70.. it's like, olberic and cyrus at 65-ish, therion's in the 50s, tressa and primrose are hitting 50, and then ophelia and alfyn and haanit are in the 40s

i can probably do the optional dungeons or something. but this is even after beating the secret starseer and archmagus bosses (with haanit and ophelia in the party too, lol)

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

This game was kind of cool, wish it wasn't languishing away on out-of-date services only

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

The 7th Guest posted:

at the risk of barudak kramering in to talk about how much they hate octopath, the finale really is some FF3 bullshit lol

*phew* glad I haven’t kramered in on octopath enough to be known as the person who kramers in on octopath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

TWEWY 2 is my fromtrunner for game of the year at the moment.

Endwalker will probably unseat it but drat is it a good game.

I got a combo now of two dudes throwing bombs while one of the other characters makes a horrible shadow portal that sucks all the enemies in to one place and damages them.

Then I send in the psychic fire swords.

Also one of the bombs heals me.