Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

thats an item they put into the game for lux and xerath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Kai'sa will build it in AP builds too, basically anyone with a decent length skillshot. Ahri loves it too since if you land a long range charm it gives even more of a damage amp.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Horizon Focus is for the like 5 artillery mages and Ahri.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

can someone please convince me not to play this build because otherwise I'm gonna play it some more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tblEMBQTfeY

I liked his proposal more when I thought he said Lucifer: King of the Hill

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

el dingo posted:

Whatever works. Not gonna try convince anyone not to play it, just be aware that it shifts how you play ez. A lot of power goes to your ult which wont be on a super short CD until 16. The rest goes to E (again, long cooldown until later) which you now need to use offensively for max effect. This combined with the absence of frozen heart and/or shurelyas grudge means zed/talon/shaco/whatever will be back to just showing up and deleting you. Tanks will also be an issue

It does look fun and I laughed when varus got 1 shot by the ult tho, I'll certainly give it a whirl

e: I had to look up horizon focus. Who builds this I have literally never seen it

Super long range mages no one plays because Assassins itemization is overtuned and Lux.

it's also a good niche item against people that can disappear on you because it reveals them after they've been CC'd, but most of the mages that do that are already in either the no one plays them right now or Lux categories.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

it doesnt reveal any of the 8 or 9 different types of invis in the game but its good for keeping track of people fleeing so you can blast them with R - Rite of the Arcane or R - Final Spark

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Am I missing out on anything cool if I ignore the event? So far I clicked on the 'begin' then yknow, senna/lucian etc popped up and talked a a lot, I read along for a few lines then started mashing the space bar to skip. Eventually a big map appeared and I gave up.

Usually with events I end up doing most/all of the missions accidentally which leaves me with enough tokens to pick up a few chests or whatever but this one seems to require time that I'd rather spend actually playing league

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

el dingo posted:

Am I missing out on anything cool if I ignore the event? So far I clicked on the 'begin' then yknow, senna/lucian etc popped up and talked a a lot, I read along for a few lines then started mashing the space bar to skip. Eventually a big map appeared and I gave up.

Usually with events I end up doing most/all of the missions accidentally which leaves me with enough tokens to pick up a few chests or whatever but this one seems to require time that I'd rather spend actually playing league

I think there's a button that allows you to skip the visual novel scenes entirely if you want the emotes/icons/tokens.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I started doing that skip when they changed the points so you end up unlocking 4-5 scenes at once. Also because the writing isn't as good as Spirit Blossom, except for Gwen's makeover lines at the end of each area.

Hawgh
Feb 27, 2013

Size does matter, after all.
Hit 'skip all' for every dialogue, select new areas at random and you'll probably end up with enough tokens for a few skin boxes extra and a bunch of icons.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Ah I didnt know about the skip option, thanks

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

horizon focus on brand :cabot:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

just got a three day chat restriction for refusing to ff at 15 in a game that was still winnable

good system riot

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I think the only time I ever chatted was prior to the ping system and it was like, once.

The real dumbos are the ones chatting on Wild Rift. My dude, My thumb is covering your garbage rear end thoughts

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

SirSamVimes posted:

just got a three day chat restriction for refusing to ff at 15 in a game that was still winnable

good system riot

what'd you say

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Senna cannot go top solo wild rift players, thats not how it works.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Monicro posted:

what'd you say

full log of everything I said in the offending game:

quote:

Game 1
In-Game
SirSamVimes: I was, I got creep blocked
SirSamVimes: and was low on mana
SirSamVimes: ?
SirSamVimes: muting lux
SirSamVimes: lux wasn't watching
SirSamVimes: you just gave up two free kills
SirSamVimes: why are you so angry about video games
SirSamVimes: tbh you shouldn't be playing at all if you have this level of anger issues
SirSamVimes: nah
SirSamVimes: if you try to ff I'll vote no
SirSamVimes: refusing to give up is not trolling
SirSamVimes: refusing to give up is not a reportable offense
SirSamVimes: though negative attitude, described as "griefing, giving up" is one
SirSamVimes: :)
SirSamVimes: this lux wants to report me for actually trying to win
SirSamVimes: lol
Post-Game
SirSamVimes: tbh I'm gonna report this lux for raging all game
SirSamVimes: like you only saw a fraction of it in all chat
SirSamVimes: see? toxic af
SirSamVimes: raging about video games and demanding I get reported is very toxic
SirSamVimes: I hope you get some help with your anger issues

not shown: the lux raging at me all game for not being good enough at cs-ing for their satisfaction, for not ffing, for not being able to secure a kill when I'm out of mana, and demanding that everyone on both teams report me

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Senna cannot go top solo wild rift players, thats not how it works.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

full log of everything I said in the offending game:

not shown: the lux raging at me all game for not being good enough at cs-ing for their satisfaction, for not ffing, for not being able to secure a kill when I'm out of mana, and demanding that everyone on both teams report me

The fact you have that chat log and think the reason you got chat restriction is 'refusing to give up' is telling.

Just quietly mute people. Don't passive aggressively comment on other people's anger issues, don't feel the need to tell people you're muting them (especially when it's very clear you did not actually mute them), don't tell people how awful the other players on your team are. Just mute the Lux and keep playing.

Yes, that Lux sure sounded lovely. I'm sure she deserved to be reported. But people being toxic to you doesn't mean you get to be toxic back.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hellioning posted:

The fact you have that chat log and think the reason you got chat restriction is 'refusing to give up' is telling.

Just quietly mute people. Don't passive aggressively comment on other people's anger issues, don't feel the need to tell people you're muting them (especially when it's very clear you did not actually mute them), don't tell people how awful the other players on your team are. Just mute the Lux and keep playing.

What do you mean 'very clear you did not actually mute them'? I muted pings because they spam pinged missing after I missed a catapult.

edit: it is incredibly obvious that the only reason I got reported is that my team were angry that I wouldn't ff. nothing in that log is even remotely worthy of a chat restriction, and I see (and report) worse every day without getting a notification that it resulted in action.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Yeah arguing with randoms is not worth it but I don't see anything punishable in that log whatsoever

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

What do you mean 'very clear you did not actually mute them'? I muted pings because they spam pinged missing after I missed a catapult.

edit: it is incredibly obvious that the only reason I got reported is that my team were angry that I wouldn't ff. nothing in that log is even remotely worthy of a chat restriction, and I see (and report) worse every day without getting a notification that it resulted in action.

If you just muted pings, okay, but from what I could tell, you said 'muting Lux' and then kept arguing with someone getting mad at you, and given the only person you complaiend about in the post-game lobby was Lux, it seemed to me like you lied about muting Lux.

You were acting passive aggressive, complaining about Lux's behavior towards you while also insulting her 'anger issues'. All you needed to do was mute Lux's chat in addition to her pings and you wouldn't be in this situation.

EDIT: Like, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have reported you. But responding to randos arguing with you is never worth it, and actively makes things worse. Just mute them and report them after the game.

Hellioning fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Aug 4, 2021

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i say worse than that all the time and haven’t been punished since 2012 so you are being hit for more than one game

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Verviticus posted:

i say worse than that all the time and haven’t been punished since 2012 so you are being hit for more than one game

Then why did it not show more than one chatlog? It said "Game 1", so the UI clearly allows for multiple chatlogs, but the notification didn't have any.

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Aug 4, 2021

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

SirSamVimes posted:

Then why did it not show more than one chatlog? It said "Game 1", so the UI clearly allows for multiple chatlogs, but the notification didn't have any.

Probably because the previous reported chat logs are no longer being held on the server, just that the reports happened. The way the system works is it only actually gives punishment for reports over multiple games (in cases like chat and other edge things). It also doesn't really care if you get reported by multiple people in the same game (calling for mass reporting intentionally does nothing, or at least a lot less than most people expect).

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

its best not to get into slapfights with random people online unless you are really swaggy, which in this case you were not op. my apologies

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yo where is my Shyvana remake? My girl is both cool and mechanically confused.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Barudak posted:

Yo where is my Shyvana remake? My girl is both cool and mechanically confused.

TBH Dragons are pretty bad with technology so it's lore compliant

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Horizon focus' secret is that's its a big AP statstick and the passive is irrelevant.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

pog boyfriend posted:

its best not to get into slapfights with random people online unless you are really swaggy, which in this case you were not op. my apologies

i never said that it was a good idea, just that applying a chat restriction and removing my honour levels for that incredibly tame chatlog is extremely dumb

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
It's very clear to me that the chat restriction is based heavily on volume of chat, regardless of what that chat is.

I routinely see people saying poo poo like "trash jungle" and such, and nothing ever happens to them.

If you want to avoid chat restrictions, just avoid running chat discussions with people, and stick to calling them trash or garbage once or twice.

I've also found that League players hate sentences and things, but are fine with memes, etc., so use things like "imagine being so trash ..."

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Imagine chatting with other players

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

el dingo posted:

Exactly.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I only say stuff like "relax", "it's just a game" or "it's okay that you are doing bad. life is like that sometimes" in order to farm honors.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

el dingo posted:

yeah i'd be one of the silent teammates voting yes in that game

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Ok I did the AP ez thing. I did nothing for 20 minutes except miss my ult constantly. After 20 mins I still missed my ults but it didnt matter as I could execute anyone at 50% by tagging with W and detonating with E which was mental burst damage

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Stormgale posted:

TBH Dragons are pretty bad with technology so it's lore compliant

Next event to be characters sent to technical school, Im in.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

I only say stuff like "relax", "it's just a game" or "it's okay that you are doing bad. life is like that sometimes" in order to farm honors.
Been reported for the middle one before. Apparently not something to say in solo ranked.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
oh, say it when someone in your team is angry at someone that isn't you. Unless the person that's being flamed is also a tryhard, they'll probably give you their honor for defending them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

In general, just assume most game players have oppositional defiant disorder, and that saying anything to them will cause them to lash out in a defiant way.

So, for example, "It's just a game" will likely be met with "You're not my mom" or "trash ADC."

Likewise, "Relax" will likely be met with "You're not my dad" or "trash mid."

(Honestly, telling people to relax is kind of patronizing and condescending. It really is better to just say nothing in that case.)