Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Dems will lose the senate and house just in time for another scotus to retire/die and give the republicans another seat they can block until 2024 when they can run trump or anything on a “get you that super conservative majority forever” platform and win all 3 sides of government

Lol I completely forgot Stephen Breyer is still humming along

He’s really gonna try and hold out another year on the bench isn’t he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Nastier Nate posted:

Lol I completely forgot Stephen Breyer is still humming along

He’s really gonna try and hold out another year on the bench isn’t he?

lol yeah it owns he’s 100% willing to die and let republicans get another seat instead of retiring while the getting’s good

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Hard to care that much about the Breyer seat when it just preserves a 6-3 chud majority that no one in the democratic party will actually do anything about.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Zurtilik posted:

The funny part of this episode was assuming a few homeless people and a police officer dying would be enough to turn the public opinion against the homeless camps.

The entire premise of Star Trek is naive in that it hinges on humanity learning from the mistakes of World War III, rather than just fighting to extinction.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Excelzior posted:

I would kill to be a fly on the wall in the room when they have to decide whether to go for Harris/Clinton or Clinton/Harris ticket

it's gonna be Clinton/Harris :ssh:

Who's Trump going to run with? His son?

Trump/Trump

EMoney
Jul 19, 2004
Thank god. Ohioan and Democrat here, the Sanders wing of the party are legitimately out of their minds and I’m thrilled everytime one of them is defeated.

Evil money … from the Jewish superpac? I mean wtf that is blatant anti-semitism. Voting for Biden vs Donald loving Trump is like eating poo poo?

I mean my god, who supports these lunatics.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Hard to care that much about the Breyer seat when it just preserves a 6-3 chud majority that no one in the democratic party will actually do anything about.

That 8-1 Nestle decision illustrated just how much it's going to matter if it wasn't already clear.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lmao @ nina saying evil money

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

EMoney posted:

Thank god. Ohioan and Democrat here, the Sanders wing of the party are legitimately out of their minds and I’m thrilled everytime one of them is defeated.

Evil money … from the Jewish superpac? I mean wtf that is blatant anti-semitism. Voting for Biden vs Donald loving Trump is like eating poo poo?

syq

docbeard posted:

That 8-1 Nestle decision illustrated just how much it's going to matter if it wasn't already clear.

slavery's back, baby (it never went away)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

"The youth will save us!"

"Demographics are destiny!"
https://twitter.com/CapitolAlert/status/1422676665356800001?s=20

"We just have to out-organize them!"
https://twitter.com/WalkerBragman/status/1422907420809080834?s=20

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

fart simpson posted:

that’s why i call myself a communist

I'm a pragmatic communist

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

EMoney posted:

lmao the name of the superpac literally has "for Israel" in it

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Her calling the apartheid lovers "evil" is going to be hung around her next as anti semitism if she ever runs again.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Willing to admit to being simultaneously succ and Ohian, amazing

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Do not vote

Do not vote

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

Lansdowne 🥁🗽🥀
@Lansdowne

pragmatic communist || Harris/Biden || #SOSCuba || #Mets

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

among the ways people can be stupid that boggles my loving mind: looking at a superpac whose very name literally says "this money is for Israel" and refusing to classify it as anything other than a "jewish pac," and simultaneously thinking its enemies are the ones conflating judaism with zionism

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I like that "Beat him like a drum" was turned into the Biden thing, rather than just some random poo poo Biden said in a dementia fit.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Dems up to their usual tricks with mail-in votes.

Edit, this is tongue in cheek. I looked up my old precinct which is very poor and turnout was 8%. There's your reason.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

loquacius posted:

among the ways people can be stupid that boggles my loving mind: looking at a superpac whose very name literally says "this money is for Israel" and refusing to classify it as anything other than a "jewish pac," and simultaneously thinking its enemies are the ones conflating judaism with zionism

It's not stupidity. They know what they are doing. The only way to defend a country as morally repulsive as Israel is have any criticism be unacceptable as anti semitism.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Nichael posted:

I like that "Beat him like a drum" was turned into the Biden thing, rather than just some random poo poo Biden said in a dementia fit.

they sold shirts of that lol

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I honestly think the 2010 "shellacking" will repeat itself next year, though I haven't looked into to it closely. I can easily see Dems not only losing the House, but an OUTRAGEOUS number of seats.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

fits my needs posted:

they sold shirts of that lol

And now young law students everywhere use the drum emoji in their profiles. It's the circle of life.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Reading the thread this morning like

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I honestly think the 2010 "shellacking" will repeat itself next year, though I haven't looked into to it closely. I can easily see Dems not only losing the House, but an OUTRAGEOUS number of seats.

Their solution to voter suppression is, instead of passing HR1, to tell people to VOTE harder

They're gonna get creamed and blame leftists for it

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Nothus posted:

Dems up to their usual tricks with mail-in votes.

Edit, this is tongue in cheek. I looked up my old precinct which is very poor and turnout was 8%. There's your reason.

Despite massive online communication and broadcasting tools that would only have been dreamt of decades past, mobilization and organization is dead.

Lmao.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Obummer cancelling his bday bash since he’d almost certainly be blamed as a superspreader event.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/byHeatherLong/status/1422925931996487680?s=20

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Is there a more cursed bio than "aspiring lawyer?"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

vote

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Nonsense posted:

Obummer cancelling his bday bash since he’d almost certainly be blamed as a superspreader event.

and he'd have gotten away with it if it wasn't for these meddling reporters

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Probably Magic posted:

“A Twitter rando” - Rolling Stone mag. Beer money happily accepted here:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Mike the TV posted:

Despite massive online communication and broadcasting tools that would only have been dreamt of decades past, mobilization and organization is dead.

Lmao.

It's dead because of that. The internet has atomized people and turned them asocial. It was the killing blow from capital.

Probably Magic posted:

Nope.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Lansdowne posted:

Lansdowne 🥁🗽🥀
@Lansdowne

pragmatic communist || Harris/Biden || #SOSCuba || #Mets

On phones it looked like this was the preload of a real account and I blame you for this.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/StrautMike/status/1422914764544647169?s=20

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/KweenInYeIIow/status/1422719919255441409

"actually means-testing is good" - some loving rear end in a top hat

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Nichael posted:

It's dead because of that. The internet has atomized people and turned them asocial. It was the killing blow from capital.

Nope.

the internet was a fantastic tool

social media killed politics forever

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Of course biden picks the laziest path lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Nonsense posted:

Sanders and Hillary both needs to leave our world to reset the game. Only saving grace is it won't be long.

Henry Kissinger is still alive