Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Napoleon, from Carisco.

Also, nobody is allowed to complain about Producer Chris's sound additions. "TV Party" was perfect. :discourse:

Matt wins "Funniest Chapo" for the week, also "Best Terminator Reference".

prefect fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Aug 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I don't even know what a Chris-Chan 'take' would be about this poo poo other than 'oh gently caress what'

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
here's is my only comment.

https://twitter.com/LumpyTheCook/status/1422054053127860224?s=20

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm almost certain that person isn't a guy, because I'm almost certain that's the username of a woman I was dating around that time. And she definitely didn't invent rubbernecking at Chris-chan's sad public antics.

Once people started making road trips from other states to harass Chris-chan, it stopped being a funny source of "Area man fucks up own life" stories.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Aug 3, 2021

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

I appreciate that Jason Miller is doing what he can to support the Caliphate

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1422153325072502785?s=21
Both groups are insanely conservative and religious idiots piles so, despite their "rival" religions fighting for dominance, they are ideologically quite close. It shouldn't be a surprise.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Halloween Jack posted:

I'm almost certain that person isn't a guy, because I'm almost certain that's the username of a woman I was dating around that time. And she definitely didn't invent rubbernecking at Chris-chan's sad public antics.

Once people started making road trips from other states to harass Chris-chan, it stopped being a funny source of "Area man fucks up own life" stories.

It takes a negative amount of self awareness to mock someone for being a weirdo Sonic fan, but then go on to catalogue the different shirts they’ve worn.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Toplowtech posted:

Both groups are insanely conservative and religious idiots piles so, despite their "rival" religions fighting for dominance, they are ideologically quite close. It shouldn't be a surprise.

As John Dolan said, the people who scream the most about radical Muslims and Sharia Law are the people who would be happiest under a repressive theocracy

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
missed teh convo but I took felix's tweet mainly to be anger at the lying media not printing the denominator to that statistic.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Man that Chasten was rough

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

net work error posted:

Yeah, he's gonna be back in the Midwest post divorce and Pete will have moved on to whatever algorithm based pick for a man he needs to move up.

Got a genuine loud laugh with the response to Felix trying to say Corsica

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Save all dogs from op-ed writers
https://twitter.com/NathanJRobinson/status/1422714431528636416

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

I'm questioning these detainees, not torturing them

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

net work error posted:

yea I genuinely felt bad for the dude during that. Like, this is clearly just some nerdlinger who has very little interest in politics hitched to a hyper ambitious rat boy so now I guess he just has articles written about him calling him a dumb fat piece of poo poo who wore bad pants to the fancy jackoff party.

Chasten go to TV Night with the chapos, Felix's powerful midwest dumb guy energy alone will be more comfortable for you than any of Pete's freak 'friends'.

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

Nick Soapdish posted:

Got a genuine loud laugh with the response to Felix trying to say Corsica

“Never make fun of someone if they mispronounce a word. It means they learned it by reading” - Anonymous

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It took every shred of self control Chris had not to play all of TV Party in the middle of the episode.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Androies posted:

“Never make fun of someone if they mispronounce a word. It means they learned it by reading” - Anonymous

Yeah but maybe, like, at all during any point in your career, try asking someone who might know how to say it if you’re gonna talk about it during your radio show.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Androies posted:

This quote only works when spoken aloud so you can mispronounce a word in it.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Rhesus Pieces posted:

yeah his point is opening gyms should be an all-or-nothing deal. if keeping them open requires wearing a flimsy mask while you uncomfortably huff and puff all over the equipment then don't even loving bother, close them up along with the bars/restaurants/etc.

this too

the idea that we can eradicate covid once and for all by making everyone get vaccinated, wear respirators, and/or stay locked in our homes for a month while the national guard delivers beans and rice door to door is naive because it's never actually going to happen in this plane of reality

it's the same reason why contact tracing is completely useless at this point, the horse got out of the barn a long time ago and we're in permanent mitigation mode

*looks smug in western australia*

*doesn't mention we have 1/3rd of the people of NYC in an area 4 times the size of texas*

crepeface fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Aug 4, 2021

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Working out with a thin cotton mask over your mouth and the little metal tags pinched on the bridge of your nose is not appreciably more difficult or uncomfortable than just doing regular deadlifts or whatever, mask complainers are literally the biggest, whiniest babies on Earth, even if they are cool podcasters. Felix has recognized that his opinion is bad, because he uncharacteristically did the internet thing where you make a tweet, immediately get huge pushback from your fans and then you go “alright I’m done talking about this” instead of walking it back or clarifying your position.

I sincerely don’t understand why or how anyone can complain about having to wear this tiny little piece of cloth that might end up saving your loving life. It’s beyond childish. It like complaining about Bike Helmets or Seat Belts, accept this actually could protect those around you in addition to saving your own life.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Doing heavy exercise in a mask does suck poo poo, the vapour builds up and turns it sodden and then you're working out in a stinky soaking wet face mask, and it's basically just performative hygiene theatre anyway. Unless you go at a dead period you're going to be in an enclosed space with loads of other people who are all there to respite heavily and are going to be marinating in each others vapours no matter how many masks you wear.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

Bust Rodd posted:

Working out with a thin cotton mask over your mouth and the little metal tags pinched on the bridge of your nose is not appreciably more difficult or uncomfortable than just doing regular deadlifts or whatever, mask complainers are literally the biggest, whiniest babies on Earth, even if they are cool podcasters. Felix has recognized that his opinion is bad, because he uncharacteristically did the internet thing where you make a tweet, immediately get huge pushback from your fans and then you go “alright I’m done talking about this” instead of walking it back or clarifying your position.

I sincerely don’t understand why or how anyone can complain about having to wear this tiny little piece of cloth that might end up saving your loving life. It’s beyond childish. It like complaining about Bike Helmets or Seat Belts, accept this actually could protect those around you in addition to saving your own life.

Not saying that wearing masks is some kind of crime against humanity or whatever. Rather its more that the masks have become THE solution to day to day activity. To give people confidence enough to go outside and spend money. There is a point where the mask will fail you. Therefore the masks just become part of a theater of safety. Now does this mean that we shouldn't even bother? Not at all, the masks helps but it has a limit and shouldn't be the end all be all solution when it was only meant as a stop gap. The thing is that everyone in power wants the solution to JUST be "wear a mask, wash your hands" and that's it, nothing else. And like its perfect for them because its all accountable to individual action which they can always blame for the continued state of the pandemic.

And i do get that seeing some one actually express frustration at wearing a mask does kind of annoy because, as you say, its a minor inconvenience. But we should also not blame people when they wear masks but just criticize the implications of it being the only measure taken by those in power.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Oh yeah, I mean, we shouldn’t have to wear masks, absolutely! Our leadership failed us, or capitalistic blood leech of a healthcare system was never gonna manage COVID, we all should have just gotten enough money to stay home.

I think for me it’s just, like, every word spoken against masks and that sort of thing seems like wasted breath, when you should just be holding the administration accountable and making the issue about our failed leadership, not about how masks may or may not help or they may or may not be theater, because all of that is the same superficial bullshit that engenders rank-breaking, that divides us plague-afflicted people instead of bringing us together to unite in our Hatred of Trump and Biden (who is absolutely making things worse, I’m sorry, but it’s true).

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

sweating into a cotton mask would be miserable actually

almost everyone wore special polyester masks to the gym and even then it was definitely less comfortable. breathing was fine for me but having this damp thing stuck to my face was unpleasant. doing so in the peak of summer would make things even worse

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Bust Rodd posted:

Oh yeah, I mean, we shouldn’t have to wear masks, absolutely! Our leadership failed us, or capitalistic blood leech of a healthcare system was never gonna manage COVID, we all should have just gotten enough money to stay home.

I think for me it’s just, like, every word spoken against masks and that sort of thing seems like wasted breath, when you should just be holding the administration accountable and making the issue about our failed leadership, not about how masks may or may not help or they may or may not be theater, because all of that is the same superficial bullshit that engenders rank-breaking, that divides us plague-afflicted people instead of bringing us together to unite in our Hatred of Trump and Biden (who is absolutely making things worse, I’m sorry, but it’s true).

holding accountable lol ill be sure to give barrack a talking to at his birthday bash

edit: goddamnit its Bust Rodd

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
If I have to go back to wearing a mask, that sucks, but so be it. I just hate all this apple-polishing dorkwad poo poo where everyone is eager to congratulate themselves for being a good liberal who do the good thing. Like, all the " smol bean heckin pupper wants u to plz wear a mask uwu" bullshit is insufferable. Somebody posted "plz wear a mask" flyers up and down my commute, done in a cutesy zine style. I was grateful when a thunderstorm washed them away.

And then there are the people who will follow someone through Wal-Mart yelling at them if they don't have a mask on. Don't seek out confrontations with other crazy people in public, for gently caress's sake.

I'll wear the mask for the protection of myself and my spouse, but the rest of you can go to hell. We're past the point where wearing a mask out of civic duty has any chance of making a difference for anyone but yourself and your household. We were also never at a point where a face mask in your social media profile made a difference in anything but your self-regard.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Aug 4, 2021

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

What I can’t handle is this stupid play acting bullshit that wearing a mask doesn’t absolutely suck. As if a mask that covers your nose and mouth is at all comparable to a bike helmet or a seatbelt. Thank god I don’t work service anymore or I think I would have gone fully insane. Unbelievable how much shittier a mask makes some people’s jobs.

I’ll wear a mask again when the city mandates it and not a moment before. Me and mine are vaccinated and the only people I interact with who aren’t vaxed are either tiny children who are not at risk or dipshits who chose not to.

The Kingfish fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Aug 4, 2021

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Kingfish posted:

I’ll wear a mask again when the city mandates it and not a moment before. Me and mine are vaccinated and the only people I interact with who aren’t vaxed are either tiny children who are not at risk or dipshits who chose not to.

Tiny children aren't at risk? :confused:

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

The Kingfish posted:

What I can’t handle is this stupid play acting bullshit that wearing a mask doesn’t absolutely suck. As if a mask that covers your nose and mouth is at all comparable to a bike helmet or a seatbelt. Thank god I don’t work service anymore or I think I would have gone fully insane. Unbelievable how much shittier a mask makes some people’s jobs.

God, the class stuff w masks as it relates to service workers.

I’m vax’d up and per my state until a couple weeks ago, was A-OK to walk around w/o a mask etc. and yes I’ve been aware of Delta since late May but I liked being maskless.

But I felt awful seeing all the service folks w masks. I get why they choose to wear them, or may be mandated to by their employer, but it really comes off as dehumanizing. I get to walk around and breathe fresh air, but HEAVEN FORBID the worker does. I could see the mask outlines becoming the same thing as a smell of fast food cooking oil or whatever. Just another sign of class.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Many comments that wearing a mask is easy and not a big deal are in the context of chuds screeching about having to wear a mask in the store for an entire 20 minutes, which is a case where wearing a mask is extremely easy to do. employees having to wear masks all day is a very different scenario and definitely sucks.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

prefect posted:

Tiny children aren't at risk? :confused:

its ok if some kids die, its not many

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Wish I could put a mask over these posts

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

net work error posted:

Wish I could put a mask over these posts

Turn off your monitor

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Halloween Jack posted:

If I have to go back to wearing a mask, that sucks, but so be it. I just hate all this apple-polishing dorkwad poo poo where everyone is eager to congratulate themselves for being a good liberal who do the good thing. Like, all the " smol bean heckin pupper wants u to plz wear a mask uwu" bullshit is insufferable. Somebody posted "plz wear a mask" flyers up and down my commute, done in a cutesy zine style. I was grateful when a thunderstorm washed them away.

And then there are the people who will follow someone through Wal-Mart yelling at them if they don't have a mask on. Don't seek out confrontations with other crazy people in public, for gently caress's sake.

I'll wear the mask for the protection of myself and my spouse, but the rest of you can go to hell. We're past the point where wearing a mask out of civic duty has any chance of making a difference for anyone but yourself and your household. We were also never at a point where a face mask in your social media profile made a difference in anything but your self-regard.

this, basically. anyone that doesnt understand that 1)wearing a mask sucks and 2)it is insufficient on its own to actually end the pandemic is delusional.

for the same reason veganism hasnt ended animal agriculture; you cannot shame campaign your way into total social compliance
the onus is on the state to end a structural problem, not individual actors

edit: to clarify, i do wear a mask in the presence of others out of courtesy for people who may not have the ability to get the vaccine, but not because i think it will flatten the curve (in fact they are still rising in my area)

if any of you feel the need to scream at a stranger for not being a good boy, direct that vitriol at your shithead representatives instead for not paying people to stay home

Mr. Grinch fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 4, 2021

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I thought that Kony 2012 killed the idea that if enough people express a certain sentiment it will create some kind of critical mass that leads to change. Now everybody has a half-dozen Kony 2012s that they post about every day

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Halloween Jack posted:

I thought that Kony 2012 killed the idea that if enough people express a certain sentiment it will create some kind of critical mass that leads to change. Now everybody has a half-dozen Kony 2012s that they post about every day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C31XYgr8gp0

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Halloween Jack posted:

I was just looking up what ol Joey Ko was up to lately. Its suspected he has less than 100 followers and no one gives a poo poo about him now. :shrug:

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

its ok if some kids die, its not many

You can fit multiple children in a coffin designed for an adult its honestly more efficient

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lonelylikezoidberg posted:

You can fit multiple children in a coffin designed for an adult its honestly more efficient

This is why headstone carving is charged by the letter now

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

There are pros and cons to masking up, but what was really surprising was Felix forgetting Rule #1 of posting: never appear mad on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Brooks wrote another insufferable column about how social class in America has nothing to do with capital or income and everything to do with consumer preferences; I wonder if we'll be hearing about it.