Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Yeah, he's understated, but he plays stupid very smart. I love the way he says "huh??" in that very particular way when he's baffled by a simple thing, as well as the bit where he was sure that Cordelia had a crush on him.

I only have 10 or so episodes left before I'm caught up, and I think I only started listening like two weeks ago. I promised myself I wasn't going to spend $10/mo on the patreon, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna break that as soon as I run out of free episodes, this show is really funny. Branson has such a gift of language, he reminds of Douglas Adams at times. And then there are lines like "you see a little man with a lovely face that sucks" that also ruin me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

koshmar posted:

The more I listen to Rude Tales the more impressed I become with Joe. Bellow is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters, he perfectly nails dumb but charismatic. Herding everyone into the sewer to get away from Brian gently caress was perfection

He made Debonseby SEE the bell ringer. That boy has become and man, and then that man became a Kaiju.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah, he's understated, but he plays stupid very smart. I love the way he says "huh??" in that very particular way when he's baffled by a simple thing, as well as the bit where he was sure that Cordelia had a crush on him.

I only have 10 or so episodes left before I'm caught up, and I think I only started listening like two weeks ago. I promised myself I wasn't going to spend $10/mo on the patreon, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna break that as soon as I run out of free episodes, this show is really funny. Branson has such a gift of language, he reminds of Douglas Adams at times. And then there are lines like "you see a little man with a lovely face that sucks" that also ruin me

Just reading your post I could hear Bellow saying "huh?"

I also totally agree with the Douglas Adams comparison, they both have/had a particular way with language.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

“As ______ as the _______ isn’t.” Is my favorite Branson turn of phrase

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

“As ______ as the _______ isn’t.” Is my favorite Branson turn of phrase

Yeah that’s the Douglas Adams stuff; i remember reading hitchhiker’s guide as a kid and losing it at “the spaceship floated in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t”

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

That feels like a riff on Douglas Adams to me - "the ships hung in the air in the exact way that rocks don't" - but it works so well with the Rude Tales style.

My favourite Branson-ism is when he's in full flow and says something that doesn't quite make sense then yells SHUT UP, mostly because I wish I'd had the confidence to do that when I was a DM

Lot of good "turn to the players and also the audience and say gently caress off" moments in this latest episode, on that note

Also now that I've had a chance to listen to it the first patreon episode of Stars of Space is way better than the pilot, lots of big laughs. I realise they were doing a bit of a TNG homage with their Q equivalent in the first episode but the problem with that is that Farpoint loving sucks as a pilot. I'm pretty confident that as everyone relaxes into the show there'll be a lot of good stuff ahead. I like Joe a lot as a GM and how he uses the Lasers and Feelings system, and it's good to hear more of Taylor

e: I took too long writing this post and was beaten to the Douglas Adams reference, I won't forget this Ainsley!

Party Boat fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 1, 2021

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

"Stones, then rocks, then boulders which pranced past him like clumsy puppies, only much, much bigger, much, much harder and heavier, and almost infinitely more likely to kill you if they fell on you."

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

"You can see it from space depending on where you consider space to start"

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Listened to the first episode of OTTSoS

Tim: "...so, I propose that--"
Ali: "OH MY GOD YEEEHEHEE YES AAAAAA"
Tim: "--wait, wait, really?? I mean, sure! Why not! yeah. hey baby..."

Me, listening: [full throated screaming]

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DoombatINC posted:

Listened to the first episode of OTTSoS

Tim: "...so, I propose that--"
Ali: "OH MY GOD YEEEHEHEE YES AAAAAA"
Tim: "--wait, wait, really?? I mean, sure! Why not! yeah. hey baby..."

Me, listening: [full throated screaming]

The loving episode screeching to a halt with "she's twice his age!!" was when I knew I was going to subscribe to the patreon

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Oh these those just dropped in the main feed, which is good because it's not listed in my podcast app and the rss feed doesn't work

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
RToC 33/34 just dropped

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm still getting caught up, but I just listened to Ruleshaven (the one after Ruleshaven) and man, Ding Dong goes the Bell is catchy as hell. I've had it in my head for days.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

https://youtu.be/qsmZbVuiPpQ

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I see episode 3 of Stars of Space is up. The episodes they’re airing on Patreon are not early access and are going to stay there for the foreseeable future I guess. They said they want to make episodes as self-contained as possible to replicate the experience of being able to jump in on any episode of a tv show, but I still wonder if I should subscribe to the Patreon before I listen to episode 3.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Dr Christmas posted:

I see episode 3 of Stars of Space is up. The episodes they’re airing on Patreon are not early access and are going to stay there for the foreseeable future I guess. They said they want to make episodes as self-contained as possible to replicate the experience of being able to jump in on any episode of a tv show, but I still wonder if I should subscribe to the Patreon before I listen to episode 3.

You don't need to, the episodes are self contained, but the Patreon episode is amazing so I would recommend subscribing just because it's so funny and enjoyable.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

This last episode did have a small crossover with characters, but it's not like it's serious canon where you have to know everything about what's going on. It's just fun to hear one of them have to voice a second character on the radio or something like that. It would have worked just as well with a random NPC that got made up on the spot so you wouldn't have missed anything.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dr Christmas posted:

They're totally self-contained but you should listen to the Patreon episode because it's great, not because of Canon or whatever

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
looks as though they'll be doing a Rude Talks of Chatting-style thing on the new Patreon

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm up to the halfway point for this week's episode, it feels like The players were being railroaded, but they would stop every few minutes to ask the DM if they should be railroaded differently.

Edit: Branson, you had the Rat King attack Stir Fry. Of course he would commit regicide and of course he would want to keep the rats.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 13, 2021

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

It only just occurred to me that Catholicism and The Pope are in cannon for Rude Tales’s world, so the usage of Black and Tans in the recent episodes has some implications.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hot Roddy is back! And he's fully embarrassed his destiny as a cool uncle! Also Stirfry is King of the rats!

Cordelia's speech to Virginia was so sweet and gay, I love all of these characters and just want them to happy and healthy together.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Hot Roddy is back! And he's fully embarrassed his destiny as a cool uncle! Also Stirfry is King of the rats!

Cordelia's speech to Virginia was so sweet and gay, I love all of these characters and just want them to happy and healthy together.

This episode really does have it all, rat king stirfry sent me over the edge. I love this for him.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Yes, I control the rats now, they listen to me and they love me :goleft:

Also died in real life at
Ali: I think [the rats are] gonna be with us for a while then, huh?
Tim: Stirfry looks at the DM... can they??
Ali: Can I keeeep them??
Branson: Give me a usable take and we'll see
Tim: Stirfry looks up at the DM *extremely Stirfry voice* oh, can I keep them??
Branson: THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT DUDE
Carly: Stirfry looks up at Branson?
Tim: Wait, what is the usable take?
Branson: ONE WHERE YOU DON'T TALK TO THE loving DM

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I am enjoying the trend of tim's characters stumbling into positions of status. hopefully it works out better for stirfry than it did for smellulus (although it must be said that smellulus really did deserve to die)

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Stirfry, the two of us need look no more

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Tim is definitely a guy you have to know how to be friends with

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I'm less than 2 minutes into the Tim Honey Heist preview and the entire cast has already lost it, I think this is what finally gets me to join the patreon.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
Here is what Taylor Moore has to say about people being hesitant to join the Patreon.

https://twitter.com/taylordotbiz/status/1430542753264513024?s=19

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The Repo Man posted:

Here is what Taylor Moore has to say about people being hesitant to join the Patreon.

https://twitter.com/taylordotbiz/status/1430542753264513024?s=19

This commitment to honesty is why I feel my monthly donation is money well spent.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This commitment to honesty is why I feel my monthly donation is money well spent.

I just pulled the trigger, there's an entire bonus episode about Radiohead in there too.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I don't give the slightest poo poo about summer camps, but drat if I didn't enjoy hearing Taylor and Chris talk about 'em

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

The Honey Heist episode was truly amazing. Like Taylor said, even if you only sub for a month and just listen to everything and leave, the Honey Heist by Tim is worth it.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I'm not even finished with the Honey Heist and loving lol

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Empty Sandwich posted:

I'm not even finished with the Honey Heist and loving lol

Is it just everyone cracking up the whole time? I’m down for that.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

koshmar posted:

Is it just everyone cracking up the whole time? I’m down for that.

when it was billed as "the most Tim Platt thing ever"... I have no way of knowing if this is true, but also I know that it is true.

also lots of everyone cracking up. the players keep loving with him, in the Bello "what's your name?" way but more savage, and his ripostes/interpretations are generally loving golden.

very much worth it if you've got the extra scratch, but I've been subbed forever

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Empty Sandwich posted:

when it was billed as "the most Tim Platt thing ever"... I have no way of knowing if this is true, but also I know that it is true.

also lots of everyone cracking up. the players keep loving with him, in the Bello "what's your name?" way but more savage, and his ripostes/interpretations are generally loving golden.

very much worth it if you've got the extra scratch, but I've been subbed forever

This is what finally convinced me to sub. I’ve got a flight tomorrow and I’m saving it for that.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't have the extra scratch this month, but I might maybe next month!

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

koshmar posted:

This is what finally convinced me to sub. I’ve got a flight tomorrow and I’m saving it for that.

The creation myth at the beginning alone is worth it, it's just loving amazing. Make sure you listen all the way to the end, he does go over plot points the players missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

The bit where he just starts reading out the strategy guide to the adventure while everyone else is killing themselves laughing is amazing, I love Tim.