Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Tae posted:

Literally nothing is worth thousand dollars in this game, especially for one character

I mean, yes, that's entirely true. I'm mostly trying to underline that other C6s in the past have mostly made a given character incredibly powerful as a lure for people to roll for them (and then, I dunno, post youtube videos of three-second A12 clears). Baal's C6 looks to be thematic with her character design philosophy but in practical terms there's no real difference between a Baal with C6 and one without.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
check out Albedo's C6 some time.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

dogsicle posted:

i would pay a hundred dollars to never have a male character drought like this again

the wait for dog and Thomas is too much

I know the last thing the game needs is more 5* pyro carries but I wish Thoma was going to be one because I like him a lot and would happily replace Diluc with him as my main pyro guy

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Harrow posted:

I know the last thing the game needs is more 5* pyro carries but I wish Thoma was going to be one because I like him a lot and would happily replace Diluc with him as my main pyro guy

Thoma is a 4 star

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

unless they Hu Tao him, they've both been mined as 4* thankfully

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

Thoma is a 4 star

:toot:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Must be lucky for you people that new 4 stars come less than 70 pulls

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The nice thing about Sara and Sayu is most of their usefulness comes from c0 (expedition passive and rolling speed+crystalfly passive+claymore for mining).

It's going to be very hard for me to resist wasting 50 rolls chasing Sayu. She will let you run Mona, Ningguang, Kazuha, and Sayu, which is a maximally optimal mining/artifact team.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

LegoMan posted:

Hah I just tried to make a team that could handle most elemental types.

I actually have ?3C? Ning for some reason. Rosaria is lv60 so really I'll just need to work on Noelle and Razor for my second team (I only made it to floor 5, I just barely clear each floor)

Keep in mind you may get new characters which change your comp strategies. Spend your resources improving characters you like. Talent levels for supports and artifacts are important

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

The nice thing about Sara and Sayu is most of their usefulness comes from c0 (expedition passive and rolling speed+crystalfly passive+claymore for mining).

It's going to be very hard for me to resist wasting 50 rolls chasing Sayu. She will let you run Mona, Ningguang, Kazuha, and Sayu, which is a maximally optimal mining/artifact team.

Nice, so I'll be getting 20k Faster per day instead of 15

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's more that you'll never again get an expedition pop up only to go there and it's just amber who's finished and everyone else is still working.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Tae posted:

Thoma is a 4 star

Yeah I know, that's why I said I wish he was going to be a 5* carry. I know he won't be :smith:

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

No Wave posted:

I don't see why you have ning instead of zhong? Mona will be holding the lost prayers for the move speed. If you're getting into this level of optimization you know where ore spawns.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

imo kill pyro so they never get another carry until Natlan, if then

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Hackan Slash posted:

I don't see why you have ning instead of zhong? Mona will be holding the lost prayers for the move speed. If you're getting into this level of optimization you know where ore spawns.
I will always miss random ore without Ningguang especially on Mt Aocang. I actually hate using Zhong Li/Razor to farm, never know if I actually found everything that flew away (Kazuha fixes this a bit but I still dont feel secure).

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
holy poo poo the maguu kenki in 12-2 has SO MUCH FUCKIN HP what is this bullshit

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Actually my most-wanted thing in a new 5* (one day, obviously this will not be granted by any of the currently announced or leaked ones) would be:

- Tall adult male character model
- Main carry DPS
- Doesn't need vape, melt, or electro-charged (that is, doesn't need Xingqiu)
- Alternatively, hydro element so that if he works in vape or electro-charged comps he can be the hydro component

Perhaps my wish will be granted in the next... year or so? If I'm lucky. Maybe Kamisato Ayato, rumored hydro claymore?

I could roll on a Xiao rerun some day and just give up on the "tall" part but he seems like a very idiosyncratic carry who doesn't quite click without at least C1 and I dunno if I'm in for that.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Harrow posted:

Actually my most-wanted thing in a new 5* (one day, obviously this will not be granted by any of the currently announced or leaked ones) would be:

- Tall adult male character model
- Main carry DPS
- Doesn't need vape, melt, or electro-charged (that is, doesn't need Xingqiu)
- Alternatively, hydro element so that if he works in vape or electro-charged comps he can be the hydro component

Perhaps my wish will be granted in the next... year or so? If I'm lucky. Maybe Kamisato Ayato, rumored hydro claymore?

I could roll on a Xiao rerun some day and just give up on the "tall" part but he seems like a very idiosyncratic carry who doesn't quite click without at least C1 and I dunno if I'm in for that.

have you seen Childe?

Selane
May 19, 2006

gandlethorpe posted:

Also, take advice from a video made in November with a grain of salt. People were still doing poo poo like not leveling their supports.
Yes, and the clowns in that video were the ones who started telling everyone that it was a bad idea to do it in the first place.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hazdoc posted:

have you seen Childe?

Yeah, I'm not a giant fan of how he plays, either, if I'm honest. And he's probably not going to get a rerun for a while, either, but maybe.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

no issues with C0 Xiao here, though i did luck into a standard banner PJWS shortly before he released. not that it solves any issue other than giving him more damage for all the trouble he takes to get running wrt teams and balancing damage with ER.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Harrow posted:

Yeah, I'm not a giant fan of how he plays, either, if I'm honest. And he's probably not going to get a rerun for a while, either, but maybe.

People always say this and it baffles me. I pulled him on his first banner and while he's definitely more awkward than the more mindless left clicking DPS characters, both his modes are very strong and at least to me, he feels incredible.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

People always say this and it baffles me. I pulled him on his first banner and while he's definitely more awkward than the more mindless left clicking DPS characters, both his modes are very strong and at least to me, he feels incredible.

Honestly it might just be because I didn't get to play with him much, just in his character story.

I will say that watching videos of vape teams with him and Xiangling, that team looks pretty fun.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Not a big fan of the stance CD variance. If you could see it without swapping, he'd instantly be a hundred times more usable.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
That's fair, the game basically dumped him, his best weapon and some very good artifacts on me, so I figured I would make him work.

And he works really really well.

gandlethorpe posted:

Not a big fan of the stance CD variance. If you could see it without swapping, he'd instantly be a hundred times more usable.

With the exception of Abyss, how many fights take more than a couple of minutes? You just stay in bow mode for a bit and then swap once you're ready for everything to die, everything dies and then you cooldown out of combat.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Harrow posted:

There's multiple other Hydro characters but unless they literally make Xingqui 2: Tokyo Drift you're still stuck with the one. Childe could do EC but you'd need a weird EM-stacked Childe... and EC would still be bad.

Xiao doesn't need C1. It's good and comfy, but you're not getting away from needing a battery. Ganyu is the only doesn't-need-XQ you're going to get in the near future (though Xiao and Albedo should be coming) and I think you have Kazuha so can run her in a decent melt comp.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Childe has exactly one team. That one team is I think the single best team in the game when using 4* weapons and is usually how I clear half of the abyss but he's pretty limited in what he can do. (fischl/beidou childe is better with sucrose instead)

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Tsyni posted:

What do you mean? Other than Hu Tao, she seems at least on par with other pyros.

I am talking from a team dps calculation perspective since getting consistent vapes with her come with some restrictions or requirements. From a solo perspective, Klee can actually hold her own.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i dont use xingqiu he makes the game too easy

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Flair posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm0J77--zYI

That being said, Klee actually underperforms compared to other pyro DPS units

This is like month one of Klee and also overblown. The only animation cancel worth doing is jump canceling her charge attack. You mostly do 1 or 2 attacks to fish for free charge attack, then charge attack regardless if it's free or not. Learning to walk cancel to spam her first attack has negligible damage gains, because you only do it when you're out of stamina, but still in the middle of Klee's ult and don't want to switch out. The timeframe for that specific scenario is too small to matter.

The big issue with Klee is mobility. If you have to burn half your stamina running around with a tiny character, that eats heavily into her damage. And none of her attacks move her forward so you are constantly chasing stuff down. Someone like Kazuha would probably be great with Klee, because instead of chasing stuff down, you can suck them back towards you.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Does this game support Bluetooth controllers on Android yet?

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Klee greatly benefits from being in a party with an anemo character that can cc enemies and cluster up her bomblets for maximum explosion funtimes.
I prefer to use the a1 charged attack cancel over jumping, but jumping is obviously better if you need to move.
Klee doesn't really like moving while she attacks, use a shield if you can.

She can pretty much spam a1 charged a1 almost indefinitely since you have a 50% chance to gain a spark per attack, open up with jumpy dumpty for pretty much guaranteed spark and you're in business. She's really good. And fun. And yells "da-da-dun!" when you sprint.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Do I want Sayu or Sara? I've got a few rolls before my 5* pity, and I want to put that towards Kokomi. I've only got Barbara and Bennet as healers, as an Anemo healer worth skipping Sara's attack buff?

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

bean mom posted:

i dont use xingqiu he makes the game too easy

I don't use him (outside the crimson witch domain) or Bennett because I don't like how they feel to play for me.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Sayu seems way more useful doing overworld stuff with being a healer, an anemo (for the resonance) and a claymore user for various things.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

raverrn posted:

Do I want Sayu or Sara? I've got a few rolls before my 5* pity, and I want to put that towards Kokomi. I've only got Barbara and Bennet as healers, as an Anemo healer worth skipping Sara's attack buff?

Never roll if the end result is 5 you don't want

Spruchy
May 12, 2013

I am not a machine. I feel and believe. I have opinions. Some of them are interesting. I could, if you would let me, talk and talk. Let us talk about anything.
My time with the game increased exponentially once I started ignoring Youtubers telling me to max out stamina above all else

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Tae posted:

Never roll if the end result is 5 you don't want

This

It's how I got Klee, who I didn't really want and don't actually like to play

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

can you believe we still have a new Mechanicus event to look forward to... this patch is so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

sushibandit posted:

Klee greatly benefits from being in a party with an anemo character that can cc enemies and cluster up her bomblets for maximum explosion funtimes.

I really wanna see what people will be able to do when using an Anemo character to whip up all of Klee's pyro bomblets and all of Aloy's cryo bomblets at the same time. I'm curious to see how things proc off each other and what does or does not factor for internal cooldowns. If the bomblet mix doesn't activate ICDs for melt reactions...