Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I completely forgot the first one was a network unlock. I remembered it as just being something you got access to by advancing the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I completely forgot the first one was a network unlock. I remembered it as just being something you got access to by advancing the story.

They're all network unlocks you just get three of those nodes from doing the story.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Do you need to get the optional quiz right the first time to get the FP in W1D5? Been so long since I did it, and I gold’ed the dives on Ultimate, so I don’t think that’s it

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Araxxor posted:

Works like evolution unfortunately. Gotta get a new pin.

Worth noting if it isn't max level yet, as long as it hits max level while equipped to the right person, you're good. SOL if it's already mastered though.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kantesu posted:

Worth noting if it isn't max level yet, as long as it hits max level while equipped to the right person, you're good. SOL if it's already mastered though.

Good thing I’ve got a bunch of copies of the pin I’m thinking of then.

Guess I’ve got some side quests to do, I assume all the Ruinbringer links don’t become active until near the end of the game and/or during the postgame or did I miss something during Week 2?

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Regalingualius posted:

Do you need to get the optional quiz right the first time to get the FP in W1D5? Been so long since I did it, and I gold’ed the dives on Ultimate, so I don’t think that’s it

You definitely don't, I got it on my fourth or fifth try and got the FP.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
W2D4, line of the game so far: "Don't fret at all, Fret et al!"

whoever SE has on localization has been hitting homer after homer for a while now, kingdom hearts exempted

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Waterfall Watcher posted:

hoep yuuoo discs an't scared

*you

This sequence in a nutshell

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Jade Rider posted:

You definitely don't, I got it on my fourth or fifth try and got the FP.

Yeah, so now I have no idea what the hell I’m missing for that day, the crown on chapter select is still showing 2/3 even though I did every optional thing that I saw listed

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Regalingualius posted:

Yeah, so now I have no idea what the hell I’m missing for that day, the crown on chapter select is still showing 2/3 even though I did every optional thing that I saw listed

There's a side-quest dive in Spain Hill as well

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Best places to grind for money in the post-game? Because these loving pins in that rich people's store costs millions of yen! It's the last place that has the threads I need to complete the thread list, and it's going to bankrupt me. :shepface:

Fortunately material pins aren't really an issue in this game, unlike TWEWY which rudely surprised you with the Scarlite grind. You can get them pretty easily in the right places. And if you camp hard, you'll be flooded with material pins.

Lotus Aura posted:

Starting postgame stuff and I'm not seeing one right now, but is there an equivalent to Hollow Leg?

e; I imagine it'd be a high rank Metabo Boost or something, rather than a flat "no fullness ever" thing, at least.

Nope. Best you get are the Meto boosts.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

thehoodie posted:

There's a side-quest dive in Spain Hill as well

Wait, crap, I meant W1D4. I already did the remind Eiji, Dive into Ken Doi, and quiz sidequests, but my progress is still showing 2/3

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Feels like enemies having elemental weaknesses isn't really important? Like it helps but I don't see anyone going "Oh for this boss, you def want a lot of Electric pins" or the like.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Junpei posted:

Feels like enemies having elemental weaknesses isn't really important? Like it helps but I don't see anyone going "Oh for this boss, you def want a lot of Electric pins" or the like.

It doesn't really help that some weakness are barely exploitable in the first place, if there's more then two attack pins with time affinity I haven't found'em yet.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I did the third scramble slam again and got all 3 prizes in a single fight :v:

Welp that's those days done and I'll never have to do them again.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Junpei posted:

Honestly it's most important for scramble slams, with the right weakness you can get a ton of points off of a remix.

But other than that, yeah, it's more a "nice to have" than anything else.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

They're all network unlocks you just get three of those nodes from doing the story.

Four from the story. Fuya (W1D5), Kanon (W3D3), Susukichi (W3D6) and Shiba (W2D7, but only obtainable after unlocking Susukichi's for purchase) are all Uber slots

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I did the third scramble slam again and got all 3 prizes in a single fight :v:

Welp that's those days done and I'll never have to do them again.

Are there any Scramble tips? I finished that one in third place. Afaik there's no way to chain fights vs other players right? I tried attracting Noise and then triggering the battle but got nothing out of it. And iirc they're all fights vs other players.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Artelier posted:

Are there any Scramble tips? I finished that one in third place. Afaik there's no way to chain fights vs other players right? I tried attracting Noise and then triggering the battle but got nothing out of it. And iirc they're all fights vs other players.

You have to absorb as many noise as you can without starting a fight and then run up to the player while the Chain display is on the screen.

e: also, lmao this motherfucker. (postgame) Motoi's rare ultimate drop is just a 100k yen pin. Of course it is. I can't even bring myself to be mad about it.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
Wowie. The superboss oneshot me on Easy. :shepface:

I guess I'm not 100%ing this game!!!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Talking with a friend about brand-stuff in game and we discovered that Black Honey Chili Cookie is real and so its inclusion in-game is basically just product placement. I dunno if anyone else already knew that or anything, though.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Artelier posted:

Save it for postgame when you have Ultimate Difficulty. When you're wanting to initiate with other players, sound surf around and gather ALL the noise on the map. Noise can't be collected While sound surfing but you can still pull them in with the skill you get from Motoi and one of the other dudes. When all of them are following you stand in front of the player and stop surfin'. You'll get a chain of like 15 on you and instead of pushing x to fight quickly run to the player and he'll add onto the pile as another fight. That point if you're in post game you'll have more than enough firepower to just constantly be getting chains just from existing.

Like I didn't care about elements at all. I had some good pins on characters, some trash ones I was mastering, it doesn't wholly matter- the ULT boost is just too much.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Am I missing something or is the ultimate drop from noise 65 (Plague Nemopilema) supposed to be awful to get? The drop rate is super low and you only ever fight it as part of the story, so you can't chain it and if you don't get the drop you have to replay the day.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Just finished the main game and watched the secret ending on YouTube. Not a huge fan of them introducing a literal Deus ex Machina character at the last minute and I guessed some of the plot twists pretty early on (such as the true identities of the Ruinbringers and Swallow), but it was a fun ride overall and I wouldn’t mind a third installment one day should they find a way to make it work.

The final boss wasn’t as annoying as I’d anticipated (in fact it’s actually one of the easier bosses in the game ironically enough). Speaking of bosses, any good tips for the postgame superboss (since someone else here just mentioned that it can basically oneshot you even on Easy)?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Another post about the end of the story. Neku spending the last three years of "life" stuck in a unmade city with only a sugar coated gremlin and the stray thoughts of the erased for company and coming out better adjusted then ever is just plain weird. Like it sounds he couldn't even leave to go buy trendy clothes or anything, he should be frothing at the mouth by now.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Larryb posted:

The final boss wasn’t as annoying as I’d anticipated (in fact it’s actually one of the easier bosses in the game ironically enough). Speaking of bosses, any good tips for the postgame superboss (since someone else here just mentioned that it can basically oneshot you even on Easy)?

It's weak to Water, if that helps.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Junpei posted:

It's weak to Water, if that helps.

Thanks, also where do you go to fight it (or is it part of the main “story” of Another Day)?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Larryb posted:

Thanks, also where do you go to fight it (or is it part of the main “story” of Another Day)?

Another Day, at the overpass.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Lotus Aura posted:

Talking with a friend about brand-stuff in game and we discovered that Black Honey Chili Cookie is real and so its inclusion in-game is basically just product placement. I dunno if anyone else already knew that or anything, though.

I did discover that myself when I looked at the demo's internal text strings and found notes from S-E's lawyers to the developers reminding them of the agreed-upon specifics of writing the brand's abbreviation. :v:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Peewi posted:

Am I missing something or is the ultimate drop from noise 65 (Plague Nemopilema) supposed to be awful to get? The drop rate is super low and you only ever fight it as part of the story, so you can't chain it and if you don't get the drop you have to replay the day.

If you don't wanna savescum for Drop Rate increases from food, wear Jackpot and Godmother Lode threads (Stepmother Lode where you don't have enough Godmother but that's only +3), lower your level to 1 and hit the final blow with your first Killer Remix. It'll still take a while, but that's probably your best odds.

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

Lotus Aura posted:

If you don't wanna savescum for Drop Rate increases from food, wear Jackpot and Godmother Lode threads (Stepmother Lode where you don't have enough Godmother but that's only +3), lower your level to 1 and hit the final blow with your first Killer Remix. It'll still take a while, but that's probably your best odds.

Also, why replay the whole day? At least the switch version has manual saves, so the worst thing you'll have to deal with is fast-forwarding through some pre-fight cutscenes.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

fezball posted:

Also, why replay the whole day? At least the switch version has manual saves, so the worst thing you'll have to deal with is fast-forwarding through some pre-fight cutscenes.

Every version has manual saves.

Also out of curiosity, is there no way to run from battles in this game like you could in the first one?

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

Larryb posted:

Every version has manual saves

I expected as much, but didn't know for sure.

Larryb posted:

Also out of curiosity, is there no way to run from battles in this game like you could in the first one?

It's in the pause menu (locked for story battles), 100% escape rate like in the first one.

fezball fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Aug 5, 2021

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Reminder that all boss noise usually spawn in the chapters starting area (or) like one zone over and you can chain those.

Really really important to know Sound Surfing doesn't 'collect' noise so just absorb as much as you can, get to the boss noise symbol and let everything catch up before adding it in last. You then gain the massive bonus.

Never fight boss noise for their pins via the story it's not worth it!!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Any (mini)bosses that aren't the final fight of the day don't have a noise symbol. The noise in question is one of those.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Never fight boss noise for their pins via the story it's not worth it!!

Unless it's one of those bosses that has no boss noise, like the second Sukukichi and Mr Mew fights, the later of which is followed by another boss and the end of the day! Oh boy are those gonna be fun :shepicide:

Also some weird casesas mentioned; there's a Deep Rivers Society fight you can only find on a story battle on D3, do even if you got the drop on Normal the first time you have to do it minimun twice (since you can get the Ultimate and Hard drops at the same time)

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Aug 5, 2021

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Speaking on the soundtrack a little, I don't think Revelation is one of my favorite songs, but I do think it carries the mood of the times it's used extraordinarily well.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The only songs I don't like are the ones that play in Dives

They're so lifeless and boring I hate them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Very helpful spreadsheet here made by some kind soul on reddit. Doesn't have all the pin locations, though, but hopefully that will come eventually...