Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Barudak posted:

Make Beautiful Katamari backwards compatible, dammit

Really looking forward to 360 emulation ~getting there~ on PC so I can stop replying on fragile 360 consoles and drifty gamepads to play the stuff that isn't BC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

There’s still so many ogXbox and 360 games I wish would could to the backwards compatibility program

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

There’s still so many ogXbox and 360 games I wish would could to the backwards compatibility program

Beatles Rock Band sure as hell ain't never making the jump.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Dunno if anyone else is playing Death's Door (not on gamepass, maybe someday?) but I just wanted to say that the music is super loving good. I just got to the first big boss last night and the music in the area leading up to her was synchronized with these elevators in the level, and, yeah, it was fantastic.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah some great piano
Ender lillies sound track is full of good piano too

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

John F Bennett posted:

Katamari Damacy is now out on game pass, having fun with it. I played it a lot on the 360 back then, it's nostalgic to me and still fun!
It's an extremely bare bones port but it's not all bad because the base game is so great. Definitely deserves a play.

I played it back on Switch and I might give it a revisit on Game Pass.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

TheScott2K posted:

Beatles Rock Band sure as hell ain't never making the jump.

My white whale for BC is the original release of Ninja Garden. I get why the Ninja Garden Black release is objectively better, but the OG release is the one I played obsessively and beat, and the changes always hosed me up too much to get into it. I have an original Xbox now and I can play on that any time I want, but honestly I'd love to play it upscaled to 4k and with the auto HDR enabled. Guess I'll just have to sit down with NGB someday and get over my hang ups.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

The 2 hours i just spent giving Farcry 5 a shot thru the free play days thing is 2 hours of my pathetic life i will never get back

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Downloaded Curse of the Dead Gods on a whim last night and it was pretty fun for the hour I played it. Not all that original (slay the spire's map, dead cell's weapon system) but super polished. Gamepass is a trove of roguelikes, platformers, and metroidvanias that I never once heard of but are a great time for a week or two. Makes me wonder how many worthwhile games I've missed in the past because they never pick up any steam.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

ultrachrist posted:

Makes me wonder how many worthwhile games I've missed in the past because they never pick up any steam.

This right here is one of the main reasons I pay for game pass.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1423316440606674949

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lube Enthusiast posted:

The 2 hours i just spent giving Farcry 5 a shot thru the free play days thing is 2 hours of my pathetic life i will never get back

Clearly you didn't get to the point where you had a diabetic bear named Cheeseburger as your companion else you wouldn't be saying this

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I managed to order a Series X through Dell a little while ago thanks to Wario! Now I'll have to sell my Series S after the X gets here. I guess I'll put it on SA Mart.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Speaking of, I mentioned that various online retailers in Western/Northern Europe were expecting Series X stock in mid-August.

That’s now changed and they are showing late September as the next expected date. Just completely impossible to get hold of these things here.

Still an abundance of Series S units!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I wonder did they wildly overestimate the demand for Series S or something because they're available everywhere here but not an X (or either PS5) to be had

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

All the new consoles are supply constrained to one degree or another. I think they probably made more Series Ses because they figure it's the higher-volume product given the price point. All things being equal they would probably rather sell you an S than an X, since getting an S means you're buying everything digitally and/or using GamePass.

Flux Wildly
Dec 20, 2004

Welkum tü Zanydu!

Glad I scooped up a Series X when I had the chance, the thing I'm struggling to find that isn't at price-gouging levels is the Thrustmaster Hotas which is OOS everywhere I'm looking in the UK

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

boz posted:

My bad, though it doesn't look like the beta has started yet unless I'm just poo poo at googling. (completely possible)

Re: The Diablo II: Resurrected beta - has not started yet. It does a pre-release download to hold a spot for it, but no other info yet. It just gives you the "you're too early" shtick.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Another game I'm glad is on Game Pass: Gears 5. I played the tutorial and was already feeling meh about it, then started the campaign and watched the "Previously on Gears" thing and couldn't possibly care about any of it. Played the first level and I was totally checked out. Realized I just can't muster any excitement for another Gears of War game.

When Del said "It's raining juvies!", all I could think about was this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL2txMU50CI

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Logged into Game Pass and started downloading 3 new games for free. Xbox stays winning.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

American McGay posted:

Logged into Game Pass and started downloading 3 new games for free. Xbox stays winning.

I would be all over it if i wasnt already a filthy digital criminal before the service started. At least the gamepass business plan doesnt include denuvo. Thank you phil you are comrade

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rageaholic posted:

Another game I'm glad is on Game Pass: Gears 5. I played the tutorial and was already feeling meh about it, then started the campaign and watched the "Previously on Gears" thing and couldn't possibly care about any of it. Played the first level and I was totally checked out. Realized I just can't muster any excitement for another Gears of War game.

this is exaclty what happened to me. they desperately need to totally reboot that series cos the tech is loving amazing and some of the gameplay is fun but the story and lore and all that poo poo is absolute muck

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I played the free dlc hivebusters like 6 months after it came out and it was like 2 hours long but popped a rare achievement for clearing it on normal so i think they realize people are checked out of single player gears.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Does anybody have an interest for The Ascent co-op? It just isn’t much fun alone.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Does the coop work correctly? I heard it was kinda fucky

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I watched some people both playing on Series X on a stream without an issue.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

oops wrong thread

sekiro on gamepass when!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Sekiro is well worth $42 or whatever they're charging for it these days, especially if you own an XSX.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i refreshed at 3pm and it was still not available, immediately refreshed again and it was sold out lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i refreshed at 3pm and it was still not available, immediately refreshed again and it was sold out lmao

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

American McGay posted:

Sekiro is well worth $42 or whatever they're charging for it these days, especially if you own an XSX.

This is the truth.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

yeah

best action game of last gen

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Latest round of GamePass games has been good. Curse of the Dead Gods is really slick. Nice action roguelike letting you choose a path from room to room. I think I'll be putting a lot of time into this. Ascent has some problems with UI and navigation but the graphics and sound design are excellent and the twin stick shooting is fun. Had no idea about Dodgeball Academia but it looks cute. Everyone knows Katamari Damacy :gaz:doot doot doot do doo doo :toot: There's still good looking stuff from two weeks ago I haven't had time to try yet.

For racing we have GRID, DiRT 4, DiRT Rally, DiRT Rally 2.0, and F1 2020 coming to EA Play by next week.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

American McGay posted:

I already own it on steam but i wanna play it on my tv!

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Lumines Remastered is also the poo poo. Played the hell out of it on switch and got like 8 achievements on my first play on the series X. Felt good man.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Stelio Kontos posted:

Lumines is the poo poo.

Facts.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Latest round of GamePass games has been good. Curse of the Dead Gods is really slick. Nice action roguelike letting you choose a path from room to room. I think I'll be putting a lot of time into this. Ascent has some problems with UI and navigation but the graphics and sound design are excellent and the twin stick shooting is fun. Had no idea about Dodgeball Academia but it looks cute. Everyone knows Katamari Damacy :gaz:doot doot doot do doo doo :toot: There's still good looking stuff from two weeks ago I haven't had time to try yet.

For racing we have GRID, DiRT 4, DiRT Rally, DiRT Rally 2.0, and F1 2020 coming to EA Play by next week.

Curse of the Dead Gods is def good like I said earlier in the thread but also the level unlock scheme is kinda lame! You have to beat all of floor 1 and then go back home after boss and beat all of floor 1 to see floor 2 and its boss and then it sends you home again and etc. I’ve beat 2 of the lv 2 areas and still at it though. Keep throwing bombs.

Also hell yeah @ dodgeball academia. The best of niche genres: sports RPG.

There’s another rally game coming next week too. Art of Rally?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Art of Rally is one of those games that’s built a really deep following. I believe it’s from the same devs as Absolute Drift so if you played those games you have some idea of the kind of thing they’re going for.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

ZeeBoi posted:

Does anybody have an interest for The Ascent co-op? It just isn’t much fun alone.

I'll play. No one joins my public lobby, and even though I'm enjoying it solo, would love to do co-op. Xbox ID: HyperNinaX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

njsykora posted:

Art of Rally is one of those games that’s built a really deep following. I believe it’s from the same devs as Absolute Drift so if you played those games you have some idea of the kind of thing they’re going for.

its quite pretty and im looking forward to playing it but now im not sure if i should wait for it to land gamepass or not