Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

PathAsc posted:

Look, it's my surprise at bungo being inept again

It costs money to be competent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I don't know how to do it so it must be easy

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

Pirate Jet posted:

I think about that tweet from a guy who works on Division 2 a ton where someone asked him why Destiny has such a uniquely angry fanbase and he said it’s because it has even less of an off-ramp than most GaaS games so you never/rarely feel like it’s safe to take a break. I think it’s noteworthy that all the best changes Destiny has made in the past two years are the ones where they specifically address that problem (year-long seasons, seasonal challenges, umbral engrams, etc)

I play a poo poo ton of Warframe and this is my biggest complaint with D2. The fomo is definitely real, there is a bunch of cool stuff that I just don't have access to because I started playing around year 2. Now I feel like anything half interesting I need to get because it might go away for..years?

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
I’ll go on record and say I enjoy the extended seasons. 3 months is too short. 4 months gives plenty of time to do what you want in the season like farm guns, get the title, etc. and also play other games without FOMO.

Of course I just used my extra non-Destiny time to pick Monster Hunter back up.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm still surprised and disappointed this season didn't have some cool secret thing.

And I'm still going to complain about the single seasonal exotic weapon being trash. (For the last time, the raid exotic does not count)

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
the raid exotic is also trash

Orv
May 4, 2011

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Take a few minutes to learn to peek shoot and basic waltz strafing (this is an easy way to "randomize" your strafing back and forth.) It's not terribly difficult and makes PvP far less frustrating. :unsmith:

Edit*
How is: "Practice some PvP skills" not good advice to "How do I not get instantly vaporized by the PvP portion of this game mode?"

The tone and phrasing of your posts on it felt very "git gud" but if that wasn't your intent I'm sorry, that's my bad.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
thanks for the tips. i actually got a couple of kills when i found out the invaders spawn where my teammates aren't. i'll look into peek shooting and waltz strafing too.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Seams posted:

thanks for the tips. i actually got a couple of kills when i found out the invaders spawn where my teammates aren't. i'll look into peek shooting and waltz strafing too.

every once in awhile an invader will spawn into a wave of mobs at the same time, uncommon, but super them away

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
I find a pretty good rule of thumb for invaders is they tend to pop where enemies spawned 2 zones ago, since that also is usually where your team isn't. So if you remember you were at Rig 2 waves back, invaders will probably be there type deal so if you see they have a portal up, maybe when you go to bank keep an eye in that direction.

Your experience may vary, just relaying mine.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
get xeno or a tracking rocket lawnchair

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
Deathbringer is so much fun as an invader. So many Relentless Invader medals off that one.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

CommanderApaul posted:

Deathbringer is so much fun as an invader. So many Relentless Invader medals off that one.

Heir apparent, Jade Rabbit, or DMT is also excellent choices.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo7yY7bOL9E

hehe

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Just an average Iron Banner game.

Enjoy HDR screenshots fuckos. Blame Microsoft, I don't know.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Tell me all your thoughts on Merciless

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
So, is it even possible to halt yourself as a Warlock when an enemy launches you with their stomp/shieldblast or whatever? Hunters seems to be able to stop themselves from getting launched over cliffs and even Titans to a lesser degree while I get to fly like a drat tether ball with no way to stop the momentum.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
https://twitter.com/joegoroth/status/1422983330375426048?s=20

Gambo getting some love (not new maps tho)

Excited for TWAB later! Hope it's juicy & full of cool sandbox changes

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Aug 5, 2021

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Today's TWAB is insane btw

it’s out? I can’t find it

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Sylphosaurus posted:

So, is it even possible to halt yourself as a Warlock when an enemy launches you with their stomp/shieldblast or whatever? Hunters seems to be able to stop themselves from getting launched over cliffs and even Titans to a lesser degree while I get to fly like a drat tether ball with no way to stop the momentum.

phoenix dive I guess?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Hunter shatterdive wins again. :smug:

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Meiteron posted:

This thread honestly just makes me sad. I still like this game, but, like...

I'm not assuming malice here, I'm not even assuming incompetence really. I legit believe that the people working at Bungie are putting effort into this game and trying to make it good, or at least keep it alive. I legit believe when this guy posts this twitter thread he's posting in good faith trying to let people know that they really are working on PvP.

But.

This isn't enough. It's transparently not enough. If you are putting all the resources that you can into keeping Crucible updated, and this is the return you get, then I question if keeping Crucible updated is even worth it. This barely even qualifies as "keeping it updated" and goddamn what a way to throw a pall over the part of the community that likes PvP to tell everyone in advance "yeah, no maps for the next expansion launch and here's the entire next year and you get crumbs at best" so people don't even have the luxury of fantasy. If this is your best effort then I legit don't know how getting the game into a better state is at all workable.

Sometimes I get the sense that Bungie has painted itself into a severe technical corner with whatever the gently caress is going on with the D2 engine and have ended up in a position where they can barely manage an acceptable new content pipeline and thus literally can't respond to player feedback in any kind of timely sense.

Like this:
https://twitter.com/joegoroth/status/1422951524649500678

This was poo poo already in your game presumably with all the resources precreated and engine updates take this long? loving yikes, dude.

*opens TFS/DevOps*

Desc
As a PvP Only Destiny 2 User, I require new maps and content to remain engaged.

AC
A script will be written that automates tasks related to teh conversion of PvP maps and their assets to the new D2 engine. This script will be continually iterated until all possible tasks related to PvP map conversion are automated.

*Does karate motion with hands*

*assigns ticket to PvP Product Manager, @'s an architect and the SDM*

*bows*

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Waroduce posted:

*opens TFS/DevOps*

Desc
As a PvP Only Destiny 2 User, I require new maps and content to remain engaged.

AC
A script will be written that automates tasks related to teh conversion of PvP maps and their assets to the new D2 engine. This script will be continually iterated until all possible tasks related to PvP map conversion are automated.

*Does karate motion with hands*

*assigns ticket to PvP Product Manager, @'s an architect and the SDM*

*bows*

*Project Manager who makes 10x as much as you moves the ticket to the end of the backlog on "Misc"* IM A MANAGER, I SAID NO.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

I bet you if you ask if any of the current maps in the game were ported over to the new engine/architecture theyll say no.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
"Middle-Tree Striker - This change will be balanced out by something we haven’t mentioned yet. We’ll say more about this in a future TWAB.

**Inertia Override **

Increased duration from 4 seconds to 6 seconds.

Sliding over an ammo brick now grants 20% melee energy."

Can you guys spot the hint about green ammo in the crucible?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

oooo la la

punchy punch

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

"Middle-Tree Striker - This change will be balanced out by something we haven’t mentioned yet. We’ll say more about this in a future TWAB.

**Inertia Override **

Increased duration from 4 seconds to 6 seconds.

Can you guys spot the hint about green ammo in the crucible?

More like Thundershirt nerf

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

ah, another TWAB to further put the notepad leak into the dirt.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
man they seem so sure that people think this pvp twitter thread would be considered "good news"

i'm less worried about their lack of productivity as I am about their capability for self delusion

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

man they seem so sure that people think this pvp twitter thread would be considered "good news"

i'm less worried about their lack of productivity as I am about their capability for self delusion

from the tweet thread, its painfully obvious they didnt have a lot of hands on working for crucible or gambit over the last few years, and that they just shoved some people in there with the recent shakeup of everything.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
No new maps next season? gently caress you Bungo.

Wang
Apr 10, 2003

dance dance ferret revolution

At 2:22 my butthole puckered up for you. Absolutely zero health showing lol nice game.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Warlocks suddenly wanting separate sandboxes

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

PERMACAV 50 posted:

https://twitter.com/joegoroth/status/1422951516562886657?s=21

TL;DR:
Two old maps in S16, one new map in S17, one more old map in S18

Rift in 2022 possibly, also new modes in 2022??

Are you loving kidding me? If PvP is any good in Halo I will jump ship to that. gently caress this horseshit.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

The gently caress are they buffing Stasis Hunter for?

Silence and Squall is such an obnoxious super, I don't see why it needs to be more annoying. "Oh no, people are walking away from it"

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Aug 5, 2021

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Also lmao at everyone who doubted me when I ran 100 res in PvE

I will look upon your shattered forms from the safety of my Stronk Bubble and flex upon you, for I am a visionary what saw the future and such

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

https://twitter.com/joegoroth/status/1422951519893086209?s=20

they dont even try to create gameplay metas, they just put out 20 shotguns an expansion and call it a day

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Man, slug shotties are gonna be (even more) dominant next season. Be sure to nab a TV/KW Sojourner's this season!

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Assuming they don't nuke green ammo drops in cru like everybody with functioning eyes is now convinced will happen.

Which isn't to say they wont be crazy good still but dominant may not be the word when a ton of people will suddenly have to play the game for a bit before being able to use them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

You should have to complete a group emote to receive green ammo for that life in crucible