Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Nice to see Horwath getting an early start on throwing the next election away instead of doing it immediately after forcing an election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Arcsquad12 posted:

I have a feeling they're going to make a vaccine passport announcement and they're bracing for a lot of pissed off media members.

https://twitter.com/VoiceOfFranky/status/1423089228846669832

I think this poll is going to have a lot of domestic politicians rushing to introduce some kind of passport for sure. They'll be wildly popular.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Another Bill posted:

https://twitter.com/VoiceOfFranky/status/1423089228846669832

I think this poll is going to have a lot of domestic politicians rushing to introduce some kind of passport for sure. They'll be wildly popular.

The Toronto board of Trade has been pushing for one for months, and the local BIAs seem onboard if only because they want to avoid another lockdown.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/CharlieAngusNDP/status/1423104550764941312

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Jesus Christ. I support the NDP but ... Jesus Christ. I guess I know how a Leafs fan feels now. She's up against two terrible opponents and this is her line.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Less Fat Luke posted:

Jesus Christ. I support the NDP but ... Jesus Christ. I guess I know how a Leafs fan feels now. She's up against two terrible opponents and this is her line.

The other two are also up against two terrible opponents

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Curious as to which charter right is violated by a vaccine, but not a mandatory medical test.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

I'm not sure what a dose of vaccine costs but I'm going to guess it costs less than it would to test these recalcitrant morons every six hours

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos

linoleum floors posted:

https://twitter.com/MaximeBernier/status/1421921328408498178?s=20

We have to live with covid19, but uh, also don't get vaccinated

Can't wait for the leopords ate my face moment with Maxeen.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Also like 95% of the people who refuse to be vaccinated will also spout some loving manure about how tests don't work and don't prove anything anyway.

You already see this line of thinking in terms of the people who support Alberta's move to eliminate testing. Unable to form a reasonable argument against "people who have a serious contagious illness should be isolated," a disease control mechanism used for literally as long as writing has existed (and probably before that, but who knows?), they will invariably claim that the tests don't prove anything anyway and it's all fake.

The worst mistake we can make is believing that any of these loving assholes are arguing in any approximation of good faith.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Another Bill posted:

Fwiw I've been to a bunch of patios over the last month and i have yet to see a single unmasked server.
My sample is limited to Queen St E in Leslieville, but yeah, I’m surprised at how many unmasked servers I see on the patios.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Charlie don't you recognize nth dimensional triangulation when you see it? This is how we finally beat the libs, with the ultimate reasonable middle ground.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 10, 2022

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

DynamicSloth posted:

Charlie don't you recognize nth dimensional triangulation when you see it? This is how we finally beat the libs, with the ultimate reasonable middle ground.

We have finally triangulated the third way

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Winning would be too extreme.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
He deleted it, what was it?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

NZAmoeba posted:

Something about Andrea should walk that back (the comment about forced testing over forces immunization) or the libs will drive a bus through the ndp.

If she recants, that wont happen!

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Mmm yes, a strong strategy to be striking back with weird charter arguments at someone who most people couldn't name with a gun to their head.

Best to ignore the actual policy coming out of Ford's government.
It's unfortunate but these doofuses deserve to lose to Ford again. Which is pathetic given how garbage he is.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Charlie is a coward.

At least Uzoma here in Winnipeg is rocking it and showing how the NDP should be speaking. Calling out our dumb gently caress right conservative assholes.

https://twitter.com/UAsagwara/status/1422610238801391619

https://twitter.com/UAsagwara/status/1422652441569415181

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

NZAmoeba posted:

quote:

And then Andrea H decides to show up. I just wrote to the party and told them they better push her to walk back her vaccination comments because the libs will drive a truck over our party for such idiocy.

Also, The Globe & Mail has suddenly decided that snap elections are bad and the GG should enforce the law preventing them.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I could argue that the government is not providing me security of person by not testing, treating and dealing with a worldwide pandemic better than someone could argue mandatory vaccines bad.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 10, 2022

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 10, 2022

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

I feel like section 7 could be argued to apply to the medical test too. Those nasal swabs go deep. If Horwath's argument is that you can refuse vaccination on charter grounds, I don't see how you couldn't make the same argument for most of the covid tests being used.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 10, 2022

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Horwath is making no argument. She’s just failing to read the room as always.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Beelzebufo posted:

But i feel like section 7 could be argued to apply to the medical test too. Those nasal swabs go deep. If Horwath's argument is that you can refuse vaccination on charter grounds, I don't see how you couldn't make the same argument for most of the covid tests being used.

Oh, you could, and if you said "okay, we got rid of mandatory vaccines, can you please get tested now?" they would say the exact same thing about testing them for Covid.

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006
Guten Abend, meine Damen und Herren.

DariusLikewise posted:

I could argue that the government is not providing me security of person by not testing, treating and dealing with a worldwide pandemic better than someone could argue mandatory vaccines bad.

Section 7 doesn't obligate Parliament or the provincial legislature to pass laws to protect your security of person, only to refrain from interfering with it, so that approach is a non-starter.

The best argument to be made is that vaccination requirements are the least section-7-impairing means reasonably available, because rapid testing, even daily, is significantly more likely to lead to a situation where an unvaccinated person sits in an enclosed office, asymptomatically breathing out COVID clouds for a whole day, because their latest test produced a false negative.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Mandatory testing but the swaps are on the end of rusty nails.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

If Andrea Horwath is so out of touch, how do you explain her various successes in leading the Ontario NDP for the last 12 years?

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Aug 5, 2021

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

For example, she lead them right into being functionally irrelevant in a PC majority government. Their strongest showing since Bob Rae.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

eXXon posted:

If Andrea Horwath is so out of touch, how do you explain her variou successes in leading the Ontario NDP for the last 12 years?

The Ontario NDP are happier with the leader who employs and pays them without needing them to actually govern?

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Yeah, I volunteer for the federal NDP consistently but I don't waste my time with the Ontario NDP. It's pretty clear they aren't a serious party and are just cashing cheques.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

President of the Bombers was on CBC radio this morning and the CFL isn't doing mandatory vaccines for it's players. He skated around the question of how many Bombers got the shot and he just said it's high, it's a personal decision for his players, we dont release medical information blah blah blah. I expect there will be a few players missing games cause they get covid travelling around. Alternatively, the Goldeyes said it's mandatory for all players to be vaccinated.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Vintersorg posted:

President of the Bombers was on CBC radio this morning and the CFL isn't doing mandatory vaccines for it's players. He skated around the question of how many Bombers got the shot and he just said it's high, it's a personal decision for his players, we dont release medical information blah blah blah. I expect there will be a few players missing games cause they get covid travelling around. Alternatively, the Goldeyes said it's mandatory for all players to be vaccinated.

I wonder what the legality of the Bombers as an organization forcing mandatory vaccines would versus say the whole CFL. I would imagine that would need to be written into the contracts as all the players are essentially contractors.

Goldeyes is an easier call since the team has to travel between Canada and the US quite a bit and it would impossible to isolate and play through the season properly.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
I believe the CFL introduced a rule that if your team has an outbreak and less than 85 percent of the players are vaccinated you forfeit the game and don't get paid that week. A fine basically

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Duck Rodgers posted:

I believe the CFL introduced a rule that if your team has an outbreak and less than 85 percent of the players are vaccinated you forfeit the game and don't get paid that week. A fine basically

Sign enough vaccinated suckers to your "practice squad" to avoid needing to tell a giant idiot to just get the goddamned shot already

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I think the Elks headcoach was all "oh yeah, our players are vaccinated/getting vaccinated. It would be stupid to take that risk with the new rules"

Considering it costs nothing for the players to get the shots, I'm surprised the team owners aren't stepping in and making it mandatory

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hajdu sent Shandro a letter asking what the gently caress Alberta is thinking with their reopening plan.

Also, I called it that vaccine passports would crop up in the Trudeau Legault presser.

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006
Guten Abend, meine Damen und Herren.

flakeloaf posted:

a giant idiot

He's a curler, not a football player.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Horwath sucks and should have been booted out after managing to lose to loving Doug Ford

That election was basically the best chance to win the provincial election for at least a generation and she totally stuffed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The NDP allowed themselves to get ratfucked by the Liberals and their "vote for Doug so it's easier for us to win in 4 years" plan so now they're terrified of Del Duca swinging back into power rather than building up momentum to attack Ford.