Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Is there a reason why your team hp would start at 25% or so at the beginning of a fight instead of at 100%? Not 2nd/3rd reduction but the very beginning of a fight. This is at the end of week 2 and started happening after selling a lot of pins if it helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Check your threads, some clothes have a 'Jinxed' ability that give various debuffs.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

YggiDee posted:

Check your threads, some clothes have a 'Jinxed' ability that give various debuffs.

Thanks, we couldn't figure it out at all.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

YggiDee posted:

Which can actually be very good used in combination with other threads that give you a damage boost when at low HP.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Unless it's one of those bosses that has no boss noise, like the second Sukukichi and Mr Mew fights, the later of which is followed by another boss and the end of the day! Oh boy are those gonna be fun :shepicide:

Also some weird casesas mentioned; there's a Deep Rivers Society fight you can only find on a story battle on D3, do even if you got the drop on Normal the first time you have to do it minimun twice (since you can get the Ultimate and Hard drops at the same time)

The first 2 you mentioned are actually fightable in the post-game time trial. While the boss fights themselves are scaled up, they share the same drop tables as the original versions, and are logged accordingly. And you fight Suzukichi and Mr. Mew 2 there. Also convenient for logging drops for 11 of the bosses in general really. Sadly the Jellyfish miniboss isn't there, and is just a pain in the rear end to get. For Ultimate, you'll know you got its drop if you got a 100,000 yen pin.

Larryb posted:

The final boss wasn’t as annoying as I’d anticipated (in fact it’s actually one of the easier bosses in the game ironically enough). Speaking of bosses, any good tips for the postgame superboss (since someone else here just mentioned that it can basically oneshot you even on Easy)?

Treat it like a match of Punch Out. The boss loves to counterattack, and it landing a direct hit basically means game over. Don't go on the offensive, wait for it to attack you, dodge, and then attack for a bit after that opening. Waiting to go on the offensive also completely ignores one of its mechanics.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Aug 5, 2021

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

thehoodie posted:

Which can actually be very good used in combination with other threads that give you a damage boost when at low HP.

The "Lapin Angelique Suicide Special" from the first game was built around this idea.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Those damage bonuses were disgusting. It doesn't matter that you had half health or whatever because you were shooting lightning that killed everything on sight.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Araxxor posted:

The first 2 you mentioned are actually fightable in the post-game time trial. While the boss fights themselves are scaled up, they share the same drop tables as the original versions, and are logged accordingly. And you fight Suzukichi and Mr. Mew 2 there. Also convenient for logging drops for 11 of the bosses in general really. Sadly the Jellyfish miniboss isn't there, and is just a pain in the rear end to get. For Ultimate, you'll know you got its drop if you got a 100,000 yen pin.

Oh, that's nice to know. I'm still trying to clean up the main game Dives I haven't gold/Scrambles/Pig Noise/Boss Noise but I guess I won't have to repeat that day like 3 times. That said I'd probably need to get some of the endgame pins like Mr Mew set (and one just happens to be on Mr Mew 2... and farm more stats cause even Week 2 enemies are being slightly bulky on Ultimate.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So can you do the other postgame sidequests (the 10 round Rhyme dive, the boss rush/final time attack, and the super boss) at any time you like or do you have to finish the main arc of that day first (like how in the first game you couldn’t go to Pig City if you were in the middle of the Tin Pin story)?

Also, can Sho be recruited right out of the gate upon starting Another Day (I assume you can swap characters on the main menu afterwards)? Additionally, is one character better to swap out with him than another (like does he have better stats than one of the other characters) or does it matter?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

The official soundtrack is out now, by the way

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Larryb posted:

So can you do the other postgame sidequests (the 10 round Rhyme dive, the boss rush/final time attack, and the super boss) at any time you like or do you have to finish the main arc of that day first (like how in the first game you couldn’t go to Pig City if you were in the middle of the Tin Pin story)?

Also, can Sho be recruited right out of the gate upon starting Another Day (I assume you can swap characters on the main menu afterwards)? Additionally, is one character better to swap out with him than another (like does he have better stats than one of the other characters) or does it matter?

I dunno about the other stuff, but right at the start of Another Day, you get directed to 104 and then Hachiko. After that, you can sub Sho in and go fight (most of?) the Another Cantuses - which does include Felidae Cantus. Sho's stats have been increased from where you had them at the end of Week 1 (unless you spend God knows how long jacking everyone up at least) but whether they're higher than anyone else or not is based on you really.

Speaking of the superboss what's the deal with the floating eye gimmick (other than it tying into Transformation's lyrics :v:)? The rest of it is just the same as Leo Cantus Armo but with bigger numbers, so it's easy to dodge around and almost never get hit. But sometimes when taking advantage of his many, many openings one of those floating eyes flashes open for a couple of seconds and then... it just closes again and nothing seems to happen.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

thehoodie posted:

Still on W3D1, but when I hit the soft cap of style with Rindo and someone else, I'll start slapping on jinx clothes that gently caress up my HP together with big regen III accessories and vampire attacks, and hopefully that'll give me the good brain chemicals of seeing a nearly empty bar fill up with blue during my first attacks :shepface:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Lotus Aura posted:

I dunno about the other stuff, but right at the start of Another Day, you get directed to 104 and then Hachiko. After that, you can sub Sho in and go fight (most of?) the Another Cantuses - which does include Felidae Cantus. Sho's stats have been increased from where you had them at the end of Week 1 (unless you spend God knows how long jacking everyone up at least) but whether they're higher than anyone else or not is based on you really.

Speaking of the superboss what's the deal with the floating eye gimmick (other than it tying into Transformation's lyrics :v:)? The rest of it is just the same as Leo Cantus Armo but with bigger numbers, so it's easy to dodge around and almost never get hit. But sometimes when taking advantage of his many, many openings one of those floating eyes flashes open for a couple of seconds and then... it just closes again and nothing seems to happen.

One of his possible counterattacks is him opening the eyes, and attacking at that time will booby trap the pin that damaged him. Using the pin when it's charged will still have the pin effect go off, but it'll summon a fire pillar at your location, which is still dodgeable, and it's the only way to get rid of the trap. If you just play carefully though and don't get too greedy with damage, you'll almost never see that mechanic.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Lotus Aura posted:

Talking with a friend about brand-stuff in game and we discovered that Black Honey Chili Cookie is real and so its inclusion in-game is basically just product placement. I dunno if anyone else already knew that or anything, though.

Of course the ugliest one's real lol.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Lotus Aura posted:

Talking with a friend about brand-stuff in game and we discovered that Black Honey Chili Cookie is real and so its inclusion in-game is basically just product placement. I dunno if anyone else already knew that or anything, though.

Apparently Nomura (one of the game's producers) is good friends with the creator of BHCC, so that's why it's in the game.

e: also shepherd house is pretty obviously uniqlo. dunno what the others are based on

thehoodie fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Aug 5, 2021

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Another method of getting Topo the Ingenious if you don't want to evolve a World Within: Emo Puffers (third tier Puffers that look the same as the boss Puffer fought on like W1D4) drop them on Easy. They start showing up W2D7.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
It's weird it is being told to go to a *phone booth* outside a *Tower Records* and have it not be related to all the time traveling.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

To be fair, Tower Records does exist again and has for over a year now.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kantesu posted:

Another method of getting Topo the Ingenious if you don't want to evolve a World Within: Emo Puffers (third tier Puffers that look the same as the boss Puffer fought on like W1D4) drop them on Easy. They start showing up W2D7.

Yeah, I’ve got 3 of those things equipped currently (they practically give them to you during the final week)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also I haven’t done all the side quests yet but are there more than two pin multi-wield social links? If so, where can I find the non story given ones?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
What does the Japanese printed on Nagi's shirt say?

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Junpei posted:

"My fave is precious."

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

If you didn't split the team up during the 2nd Scramble Slam, you might want to go back and do that, as that rewards you with 2 Dilatons. And there's a fixed amount of non-jeweled material pins to get everything with.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Okay, I'm not sure how this is happening, but Rindo is healing on hit with any shooty pin (Y button on Switch). Is this a bug or maybe I'm misunderstanding one of his clothes' abilities? At first I thought it was HP Vampire but the pins I'm using don't have that, unless there's a piece of clothing that grants it to everyone? But then again, it's just Rindo, no one else gets it.

Also, how do I redeem the launch bonus code? I almost never buy games at launch so this is my first time ever getting one on Switch and I can't find the option in the main menu.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
God the core loop of eating battling until I can eat more and battling to test out the threads abilities my style unlocked is so good. On w3d2 level 67 (but always at lvl 1-5) no idea when I'll finish.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Artelier posted:

Okay, I'm not sure how this is happening, but Rindo is healing on hit with any shooty pin (Y button on Switch). Is this a bug or maybe I'm misunderstanding one of his clothes' abilities? At first I thought it was HP Vampire but the pins I'm using don't have that, unless there's a piece of clothing that grants it to everyone? But then again, it's just Rindo, no one else gets it.

Also, how do I redeem the launch bonus code? I almost never buy games at launch so this is my first time ever getting one on Switch and I can't find the option in the main menu.

On the Pin screen there's a button you can press to get a full rundown of your team's abilities and what clothes/pins they're coming from.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Are there any actual guides on how to do the superboss that isn't just purely counterattacking the thing, because that method is slow as hell and barely interacts with its mechanics, and some other mechanics seem to indicate that's absolutely not how you're supposed to do the fight. I barely understand several mechanics of this fight. Something about the eye mechanic causes the thing's armor to get shredded fast, but I don't know what. I also don't know how the gently caress you're supposed to dodge that slam attack. If it's positioning based, that doesn't always work, because sometimes he goes to the middle of the arena and I'm hosed. The dodge button doesn't seem to work there either.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Araxxor posted:

Are there any actual guides on how to do the superboss that isn't just purely counterattacking the thing, because that method is slow as hell and barely interacts with its mechanics, and some other mechanics seem to indicate that's absolutely not how you're supposed to do the fight. I barely understand several mechanics of this fight. Something about the eye mechanic causes the thing's armor to get shredded fast, but I don't know what. I also don't know how the gently caress you're supposed to dodge that slam attack. If it's positioning based, that doesn't always work, because sometimes he goes to the middle of the arena and I'm hosed. The dodge button doesn't seem to work there either.

I just beat him on normal and dodged the big slam attack with all the lave pillars by moving around the edge of the arena. None of his eye mechanics made any sense to me and sometimes when I glanced back up at his health he had way less then it seemed like I should have managed to chip away? It was dumb. I got Black Cat Burn though. I also went into the fight relatively aggressively by having a team HP of roughly 15k and a cure pin so I could take a hit or two and try and figure him out too... The eyes in his unarmored phase work differently I think but he jumps back into fire mode so fast it's kinda hard to experiment with any of it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm missing a single yellow book and it's killing me where is iT

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Junpei posted:

Rea posted:

"My fave is precious."

I noticed her shirt also changes to say different things on the screens for ordering and eating at restaurants.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm missing a single yellow book and it's killing me where is iT

No 39, right? It's in Another Day. Specifically, it's the final time attack boss rush.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
For the Slam week 1 should I just play through for the 2nd prize and come back later for 1st place or is it worth it to try the 1st time? Already fought 1 turf noise in a 5 chain battle and unless I can fight like 30 5 chain battles I don't think I'll hit 60k points.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Shyfted One posted:

For the Slam week 1 should I just play through for the 2nd prize and come back later for 1st place or is it worth it to try the 1st time? Already fought 1 turf noise in a 5 chain battle and unless I can fight like 30 5 chain battles I don't think I'll hit 60k points.

I easily hit the gold rank for the week 1 slam on my first time with a few areas to go.

Keep in mind that you can chain fights against enemy players by gathering four noise and running into a player before the fight starts.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Lotus Aura posted:

No 39, right? It's in Another Day. Specifically, it's the final time attack boss rush.

That would be it :v: Thank you!

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008

BisbyWorl posted:

I easily hit the gold rank for the week 1 slam on my first time with a few areas to go.

Keep in mind that you can chain fights against enemy players by gathering four noise and running into a player before the fight starts.

Do I have to actually be good at maxing the bonus multiplier every fight?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I like that this game’s Another Day actually has its own ending and credits (compared to the last game where after completing the Tin Pin arc/Pork City you’re just booted back to the Scramble Crossing).

Also out of curiosity, what do you get out of beating the Rhyme dive, Final Time Attack, and secret boss respectively (I’m not going for 100% completion, I just want to make sure they’re worth the effort)?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Aug 6, 2021

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

The dive gives 5/10/15 FP depending on your rank, FTA gives an accessory with 222 Attack and Felidae Cantus gives whatever drop he gives you (Easy is 10k Yen, Normal/Hard is Black Cat Burn and Ultimate is a Scarletite) and 3 Sfermion the first time. Doing all 3 is a requirement for the secret ending, along with getting all the Secret Reports.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I already watched the secret ending on YouTube (it's basically a conversation between Josh and Haz where we learn that the latter was Shinjiku's Composer). Though that said, since I don't think I'll be going for them are there any interesting tidbits in this game's Secret Reports?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Why does canned air have nearly 500 calories?