Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
I guess it's not a popular opinion but I thought they should have sent them both home. Pandora's been coasting but not getting the critiques, holding back, and generally doesn't seem like she's having any fun doing her drag on the show. Jan... look I like Jan a lot but she's been in the bottom so much and it's obvious production doesn't want her to succeed. There's no way she was going to make it to the end. She's been good, but other queens have been outperforming her and I'm not getting much out of her storyline. Everyone who wasn't on bottom this week I can see making it all the way to the end. That's exciting to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

In the end Jan will be perfectly fine. Her career is hot. Tons of people love her including myself. Her energy is REAL. It's the same poo poo they did to Rose - YOU'RE TOO GOOD. Bullshit.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Yeah, Ru doesn't really like the "I'm a professional" style of queen, except Chad for some reason.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

it’s late stage rpdr: the show has taken the caucasian bias accusations to heart. no tragedy no triumph and if you’re a cis white queen with no severe trauma you’re willing to share and a family that supported you from a young age, gg unless you prove absolutely undeniable during the season, in which case congrats on runner-up

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Vintersorg posted:

In the end Jan will be perfectly fine. Her career is hot. Tons of people love her including myself. Her energy is REAL. It's the same poo poo they did to Rose - YOU'RE TOO GOOD. Bullshit.

Jan is also VERY popular with The Straights, so yeah, she'll be fine. That's no shade to her! She's just very "safe" and "family friendly" compared to some other queens.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I think Ruthie Keester needs to get brought up to the big leagues as drag race judge.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

https://www.reddit.com/r/rupaulsdragrace/comments/oupkop/the_power_of_bam/

helsabot
Apr 25, 2005
This is the worst vacation ever.
jan has desperate theatre kid energy which i’m sure many many many drag race fans find relatable

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I need the next season of Dragula NOW. :colbert:

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I saw Scarlet Bobo perform during Vancouver Pride and she was drat good. Actually my first time seeing a DR contestant perform live. Also had several run ins with Ilona Verley that were not so good lol

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Oh dear. Everyone's aiming really high with these Snatch Game choices.

Edit: okay, Kylie's actually killing it as Dolly

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Aug 5, 2021

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Episode 8: she can change her name to Ginger MINTED now.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

pandora should have gone home last week

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I think I've figured out my issue with this season. I've been happy to see some previously lackluster queens really try and bring it given their reputation from past seasons, and some of them are doing great! But we're also down to the final 5 and I'm still not really rooting for anyone.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Nihonniboku posted:

I think I've figured out my issue with this season. I've been happy to see some previously lackluster queens really try and bring it given their reputation from past seasons, and some of them are doing great! But we're also down to the final 5 and I'm still not really rooting for anyone.

i'm definitely all aboard the TKB train. she has won me over completely

also Ra'jah was an absolute delight in this snatch game, giving these enormous wide eyes and be completely sincere was very very funny

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I think Ginger's gonna end up winning but I'm also #TeamTrinity

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

Yeah I think Ginger's going to win too (which I'm fine with- I love Ginger), but I'm rooting for Kylie. She's been a delight to watch this season.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Biggest Improvement (Talent): Kylie
Biggest Improvement (Perception): Ra'jah
Biggest Dud: THE GAME WITHIN A GAME OMG GET TO THE FIREWORKS FACTORY ALREADY

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Low (but really high) key, I want just one season to have an early out queen return and win.

In all seriousness, I can't see any satisfying outcome from the Game Within a Game™

Everyone either has been gone too long, never really got to shine, or stayed long enough to fizzle out.

Gone too long: Serena, Jiggly, Silky
Didn't shine: Scarlet (judging wise), A'keria, Pandora
Fizzled out: Yara (also gone too long), Jan

Like, I guess Yara or Jan could be the most capable of winning a spot back in. But Yara will have missed at least 5 challenges, while Jan had a very shaky run. Maybe production isn't done tormenting Jan though and brings her back just to dump a bucket of blood on her at the finale while filming a 3-way tie with everyone else.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

gandlethorpe posted:

Low (but really high) key, I want just one season to have an early out queen return and win.

Trixie kinda counts I guess. And Monique should've won AS4 :argh:

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
What if this season is a Queen of the Mountain type thing where after TKB wins, she has to lip synch against all the Chopped Queens, one at a time. If they beat her, they are the Queen of the Mountain and have to lipsynch against the next queen that was chopped, and so one. Whoever is left standing, WINS!

Better idea, they all lip synch against her at once and they form a human wall in front of her so the judges can't see! BRB, gonna call WOW and sell them my ideas, which actually might be better than whatever tomfoolery they have planned. Probably won't be much worse.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Flyinglemur posted:

What if this season is a Queen of the Mountain type thing where after TKB wins, she has to lip synch against all the Chopped Queens, one at a time. If they beat her, they are the Queen of the Mountain and have to lipsynch against the next queen that was chopped, and so one. Whoever is left standing, WINS!

Better idea, they all lip synch against her at once and they form a human wall in front of her so the judges can't see! BRB, gonna call WOW and sell them my ideas, which actually might be better than whatever tomfoolery they have planned. Probably won't be much worse.

It's probably just a Top Chef Last Chance Kitchen situation. The 2nd eliminated queen lips syncs against the first eliminated queen. Whoever wins takes on the 3rd eliminated queen and so on. This goes until whatever point, and last queen standing makes it back into the competition. In theory, Serena could end up in the final 4, unlikely though.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Nihonniboku posted:

It's probably just a Top Chef Last Chance Kitchen situation. The 2nd eliminated queen lips syncs against the first eliminated queen. Whoever wins takes on the 3rd eliminated queen and so on. This goes until whatever point, and last queen standing makes it back into the competition. In theory, Serena could end up in the final 4, unlikely though.

I like my idea better. Been putting some thought into it and maybe the final 5 rounds are full contact drag and the final battle is a cage match. FOR YOUR LEGGGGAAACCCCYYYYYYYYyyyyyy

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

whatever the game within a game is, they have hyped it so long it cannot possibly live up to expectations

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

It's AS7

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo9miGcL74k

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

hoping Eureka goes home next week. her Divine was wildly overbearing (yes, Divine was A LOT but girl) and an interplay between queens is far more entertaining than just howling over everyone, which seems to be how she approaches most things.

She’s not as strong as the other queens, imo, def over it.

I feel like Kylie is getting the “producer’s favorite” edit but her Dolly definitely owned.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
I wish they had shown the game within a game every episode. If it is a lipsync thunderdome, I really don't want another S13 episode of Oops All Lipsyncs. I love a good lipsync but it's hard to stay hyped when you're watching kinda the same thing ten times in a row. I hope they find some way to make that better.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I'm more worried it's gonna be a six-way lipsync like in S11. I can barely keep track of TWO lipsyncers, much less six!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

the escape goat posted:

hoping Eureka goes home next week. her Divine was wildly overbearing (yes, Divine was A LOT but girl) and an interplay between queens is far more entertaining than just howling over everyone, which seems to be how she approaches most things.

She’s not as strong as the other queens, imo, def over it.

I think her attitude this season is, "I have a show on HBO, I don't need to win this, but I'll take the paycheck."

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Oh, fun, one of the Holland S2 contestants is already being transphobic the first episode! Apparently she has a history of at least one racist (or rather, Islamophobic) remark, so that's cool and good!

Context: One of the contestants is trans, and this rear end in a top hat is whining about it being an unfair advantage.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

Read After Burning posted:

I'm more worried it's gonna be a six-way lipsync like in S11. I can barely keep track of TWO lipsyncers, much less six!

Oh Jesus, I hadn't even thought of that. Yeah that would be the worst.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I know it’s not going to happen but the stupid “Game Within A Game” should be all the eliminated queens doing a regular Snatch Game.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
The game within a game is actually just SAW and Jiggly is going to walk on stage covered in every other eliminated queen's blood, wearing an eyepatch or something. Special guest judge, the puppet whose name I forget.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

curiousTerminal posted:

The game within a game is actually just SAW and Jiggly is going to walk on stage covered in every other eliminated queen's blood, wearing an eyepatch or something. Special guest judge, the puppet whose name I forget.

It's Ms. Piggy again.

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011

Aerox posted:

I know it’s not going to happen but the stupid “Game Within A Game” should be all the eliminated queens doing a regular Snatch Game.

Which would also make sense as it is literally a game within a game

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Feel kinda bad for Pandora tbh. She just seemed kinda dazed and confused for the entire season.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I hope the eliminated queens have to compete in a challenge as well. It would be a bad decision to have an entire lip sync tournament episode so late in the game, so naturally this seems like the most likely outcome.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
This week’s challenge was… interesting.

Lip sync song was definitely a choice.

Just get to the game within a game already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

resting mitch face posted:

This week’s challenge was… interesting.

Lip sync song was definitely a choice.

Just get to the game within a game already.

I honestly forgot this season was still going. It started strong, but is really crawling now. At least I have tomorrow off from work since I frontload my hours, that's something to look forward to tonight.