Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Does this take place during the Years of Lead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

MonsieurChoc posted:

Does this take place during the Years of Lead?

Part of it probably but Lady Gaga has Adam Driver killed after that period.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Groovelord Neato posted:

Part of it probably but Lady Gaga has Adam Driver killed after that period.

well yeah they were both born in the 80s

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FmWuCgJmxo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I am glad they are leaning into the buddy comedy of the first one.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Shoulda called it Maximum Carnage.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I am glad they are leaning into the buddy comedy of the first one.

And snagged somebody every bit as capable of chewing scenery as Tom Hardy, purple dialogue and Woody Harrelson are always a good combo

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

That Carnage looks a bit too similar to Venom imo. I think it's a factor of the film being so drat gloomy and dark. In the comics Carnage has an unmistakably oversaturated red.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

His teeth are also black in the comics but I can see why they changed them for visibility

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I'm sad they changed Woody Harrelson's haircut for the prison scenes. It was so delightfully goofy in Venom.

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd9Yf3sbuy0

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Looks pretty generic overall. Doesn’t really evoke excitement in me for Carnage’s film debut. Something about him looks off, too.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

man nurse posted:

Looks pretty generic overall. Doesn’t really evoke excitement in me for Carnage’s film debut. Something about him looks off, too.

He's too thick I think. Needs to be more slender.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The slimy CG still looks like poo poo IMO. I truly hate that aspect. And the humour falls flat on its face for me.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

This trailer made me realize that Hardy's Venom voice kinda reminds me of Tom Davis.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I'm in!

:nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-oKZ1cJPHM :nws:

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Aug 5, 2021

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
:lol: took me about 5 seconds to get on board, and then I only kept getting more on board.

(fyi you embedded a timestamped version)

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I watched this out of morbid curiosity, and now you all have to share my pain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqTPaRz8Nx8

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

feedmyleg posted:

Given that teen movies tend to be trash to everyone not a teen, it’s impressive they’ve made a trailer so bad I can’t tell how much is the trailer and how much is the source material

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Is that the kid from Cobra Kai? I swear to god he was transported straight out of Boy Meets World from the 90s.

Fake Edit: Apparently I am not the only one: https://decider.com/2018/05/09/tanner-buchanan-on-cobra-kai-is-giving-off-some-serious-shawn-hunter-vibes/

E: Holy gently caress, it's a loving reboot of She's All That. Goddamn my brain took a second to pick up on that then the remix of "Kiss Me" came on and im like wait...

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Aug 5, 2021

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Vintersorg posted:

E: Holy gently caress, it's a loving reboot of She's All That. Goddamn my brain took a second to pick up on that then the remix of "Kiss Me" came on and im like wait...

It even has Mathew Lillard and Rachel Leigh Cook in it (albeit as different characters, Cook plays the mom.)

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Did Shyamalan also ghost write this one?

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
I love the subtle product placement.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

That's the one they were going to shut down a COVID testing site for.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWFemj9iRAk

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Never was a fan of the comic, just kind of a forgettable lame last white dude on earth harem fantasy

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I wonder if they’ll adapt the story where visits a dominatrix. It’s also one of those mid-2000s comics that presents the idf and Israel as badass and hypercompetent.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I wonder if they’ll adapt the story where visits a dominatrix. It’s also one of those mid-2000s comics that presents the idf and Israel as badass and hypercompetent.

Lol I forgot the entire IDF thing. I remember there being astronauts too? Possibly Russian?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
There is that entire weird bit with congress where a roving mob of republican wives shows up too that all ends up feeling super centrist.

Its not a good comic.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Yes, there is a Russian astronaut who everyone treats like an idiot because she doesn’t speak English very well. I think she gets with the main character’s sister and they hide out on a ranch in Australia for some reason.

I feel like if I read it again, Y would strike me like a Joss Whedon show.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The washington monument being worship as a phallic symbol to lost men does feel like something whedon would write

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

lol, yeah i'll pass. someone gave me volume 1 years ago and i never read beyond it, it just felt weird

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

feedmyleg posted:

I was all in for a reboot when I first heard about it but goddamn that looks bad. Like... Terrible. The acting, everything. Ugh.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

There was a Sliders episode where this happens, and society just went on as normal.
The surviving men were turned into breeders, and women just went on doing normal jobs and such.
Funny that half the population just dying makes it look as bad like the Walking Dead.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

feedmyleg posted:

One my god those are some old rear end teens. Two the kid looks like a typical boring stoner. Just make him take a shower and shave and he doesn’t look that bad.

Weird. Also it’s so ugly looking.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I don’t remember the idf being portrayed as hyper competent, only as the murderous villainous thugs they are, just like in real life.

When are they portrayed as bad rear end?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
There are never any teenagers in a teen movie or show.
Always early 20s.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

ruddiger posted:

I don’t remember the idf being portrayed as hyper competent, only as the murderous villainous thugs they are, just like in real life.

When are they portrayed as bad rear end?

When they alone succeed at finding and attacking the heroes multiple times. Also I think Israel is portrayed as being the most stable post-collapse country. I might be getting that mixed up with something else from the era.

I get that they’re the bad guys, but it seems like a portrayal with some admiration, whereas a more accurate version would just be them dropping white phosphorus on the hotel where the heroes are staying.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

happyhippy posted:

There are never any teenagers in a teen movie or show.
Always early 20s.

It's the main reason Superbad is so effective, IMO. Having Evan and Fogell be actual high school aged kids made them feel so much more vulnerable in all of the situations they were in.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

eighth grade seemed pretty 8th-gradey :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

CelticPredator posted:

One my god those are some old rear end teens. Two the kid looks like a typical boring stoner. Just make him take a shower and shave and he doesn’t look that bad.

Weird. Also it’s so ugly looking.

I'm gonna assume you've never seen She's All That. The big joke about that movie is that Rachael Leigh Cook is seen as super gross because she wears glasses, dude! And overalls! And she, like...paints! Ugh! She's the ugliest girl is school! Anyone but her!

But then, check this, she gets a makeover (new dress, brushes her hair, a little makeup), and whoa! She's a total knockout!

Yeah, no poo poo, she's Rachael Leigh Cook. It was spoofed in a huge way in Not Another Teen Movie.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 5, 2021