Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Oh, it just hit me. Undyne's the only one who consistently and vocally defended having Tessa as the leader. She wasn't really assertive about it, but she was consistent. I can only imagine how that's got Tessa feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

girl dick energy posted:

Oh, it just hit me. Undyne's the only one who consistently and vocally defended having Tessa as the leader. She wasn't really assertive about it, but she was consistent. I can only imagine how that's got Tessa feeling.

And she still didn't argue back about Kokoro being a better teammate than her!
(It's true, she is a better teammate, but then Undine is literally in love with her - not really a fair comparison)

Honestly, this conversation is putting me in mind of those Zelda bosses where you bounce a projectile back and forth with all this deflection.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The next page is up!

These expressions are just so good.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
oof, this is too real

Tenebrais posted:

These expressions are just so good.

they really are, theres so much feeling in this page

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I appreciate that Tessa has moved to be sitting in the shadow of the statue of the founder, with her back towards it, while Undine is in the sun looking up at it.

Gotta be intentional.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Now you've made me realize I cannot figure out the lighting on this page at all (where is the light source(s) to generate these shadows??? Looks like a mix of behind Tessa and also a few feet above and to the left o her directly between the two of them?? What exactly is going on with the shadow in panel 6 and how does it make sense?) and its bugging me.

I was fine with it until you made me think about it.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

there's a magical girl near by whose power is dramatically appropriate lighting

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

rannum posted:

there's a magical girl near by whose power is dramatically appropriate lighting
She keeps getting offers to join other teams because her power also keeps their hair from getting tangled when it’s being swept up in dramatic wind.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

GlyphGryph posted:

Now you've made me realize I cannot figure out the lighting on this page at all (where is the light source(s) to generate these shadows??? Looks like a mix of behind Tessa and also a few feet above and to the left o her directly between the two of them?? What exactly is going on with the shadow in panel 6 and how does it make sense?) and its bugging me.

I was fine with it until you made me think about it.

it's a webcomic OP

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013
It's one of those scenes where mood is more important than where the sun is.

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013
wait also, what, the lighting's completely fine? the sunlight is obviously coming from almost straight up (ie it's close to noon) but also from an angle somewhat behind Tessa and very slightly to her left / Undine's right? the shadow on the ground in panel 6 isn't Undine's shadow, it's the shadow of the big magical girl statue. honestly confused what is even being complained about here.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

a computing pun posted:

wait also, what, the lighting's completely fine? the sunlight is obviously coming from almost straight up (ie it's close to noon) but also from an angle somewhat behind Tessa and very slightly to her left / Undine's right? the shadow on the ground in panel 6 isn't Undine's shadow, it's the shadow of the big magical girl statue. honestly confused what is even being complained about here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inOmUh1AebE

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

So anyway, new page!

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013

idk man feels kinda lovely to reply to "[an element of] the comic is actually good, not bad" with "lol, it doesn't even matter that the comic's bad, you shouldn't care either way" but whatever

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Alright, that little casual conversation they had like the old days is really cute, except, then the alt text is a lyric from

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X2I9gs39d4

:ohdear:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The previous page's alt text is too!

It's kind of sad, as the reader you know that Tessa making small talk is just papering over her terrible mental state, and from the first two panels it looks like Undine's figured it out too. But what else can she do? She doesn't know what to say. At least she can keep being Tessa's friend and try to maintain their connection.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Hug that girl!

I hope something kind of cuts the tension. So much was built up leading to this, and now Undine has finally confided in Tessa. But it hasn't really released the sense of dread because now Tessa is the one hiding her ominous interactions from Undine.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Meanwhile the artist:
https://twitter.com/cubewatermelon/status/1424925767671197726

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I swear every time I look up from under my rock someone else has made a v-tuber avatar.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The technology is becoming more and more accessible.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
New page up. As much as it's Tessa deflecting from her own problems, talking about basic stuff does seem to have helped a bit. Also good to know that their parents keep in touch.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Tessa talking about her “having it together” is giving me flashbacks to Udine only surviving because he powers allowed her hold her own blood inside of her, mostly.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-18-page-19

Everything's fine!

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Why that isn't ominous at all!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

What's that lyric in the alt text from?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

girl dick energy posted:

What's that lyric in the alt text from?

https://www.animelyrics.com/jpop/araiakino/kuroitane.htm

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Someone had fun designing this

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Extremely important new location.

And I am intrigued about what all this implies about Kokoro's relationship with her dad.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

I'm sorry, I may be reading too much into it, but.

Kokoro here says "Is dad here already?"

Not "My dad", just "dad."

Is... Is this gal Kokoro's sister or stepmom or something? :thunk:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Mikl posted:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

I'm sorry, I may be reading too much into it, but.

Kokoro here says "Is dad here already?"

Not "My dad", just "dad."

Is... Is this gal Kokoro's sister or stepmom or something? :thunk:

Well, sister isn't possible from what we know about her parents, especially since this lady looks like an adult (at least to me). Stepmum maybe, but I think it mostly just implies they're both familiar with the staff here.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Kokoro's dad is a cat? I guess this means he adopted her.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Sleepless Domain unleashing the true eldritch horror of Otousan.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Majin cat in the corner there.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
This is pure distilled Mary Cagle

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

This is pure distilled Mary Cagle

not content with putting all her kiwi blitz babies in the comic, not content with putting herself in the comic it is time to put her many cats into the comic

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Ironically, according to Patreon, the cat cafe wasn't even her idea, it was the background artist's.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Finally the best character has returned, Cool Jacket.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

cant cook creole bream posted:

Kokoro's dad is a cat? I guess this means he adopted her.

He is a also a maid catgirl.

also I see Mary drew one of her cats in the this comic.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Ironically her cat twitter page is more popular than her personal one. https://twitter.com/CagleCats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Ironically her cat twitter page is more popular than her personal one. https://twitter.com/CagleCats

I follow both but i like cagle cats more.

Also not surprised.