Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Aphrodite posted:

Films? Being worse than Guardians 2 is pretty drat bad.

What the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Aphrodite posted:

Does Sue have a power besides making forcefields and bending light I'm not up to date on?
The Invisifuckin Woman?

Now I don't know how many of you Marvelwatchers read comics, but I wiki a big pile of comics. One thing that blows my mind is how completely insane the powers in the Marvel comic universe are. Look at PROTEUS. That guy can invent powers the way 4chan invents racisms. He has powers from every corner of his psyche and then some. He forgets powers sometimes. He can shoot fuckrays put of his mouth, dickrays out his rear end, and rear end rays out his feet. He's that sort of crazy, all because he *is* crazy and his daddy had universe brains.

Look at Captain America. His power? 1776 lbs of pure America. Sure, he should be some buff Olympic-level bro with good Hops and muscles till next Swolesday, but instead he's a geomertry-bending, tactics shredding, living legend. You have a power? He'll make you feel inadequate until you poo poo yourself or have a heart attack. He'll lecture you while bald eagles fly out of your rear end, make you wish you were eating your veggies and volunteering at the old folks home, and look fuckin amazing while he does it. BAM! 10,000 doubts piling up on your rear end, like Lady Liberty squatting on your back. That's Cap.

But Sue loving Richards, my GOD, Sue? She's got the greatest powers of all. If Proteus's powers are finding $100 in each pocket and Captain America is like coming home to find out Amazon accidentally left you a PS5, 30-series RTX card AND your waifu-pillow, then Sue loving Richards is waking up to your mansion and discovering you need new clothes AGAIN because they keep falling off of your god-like body. She's that loving hot. They have to saddle her with a host of sexist nerfs because otherwise she'd be out there owning everyone's rear end 24/7.

Ok first off she destroys the laws of physics as we know. Not only can she be invisible, but she can also see while bending light around her like a loving Predator Homemaker. So while a bunch of nerds are like "uhhh how would the photons..." she's already made brunch, cornered the stock market, and written notes in Reed's notebooks to make it seem like he's solved another one of his quaint problems. But wait. She's just getting started!

This dame can kancho your rear end at any moment because you'd never see her coming. You think you're walking into Target and WHAMMO your lunch is in the back of your throat. But wait, there's more! Sue Storm can make forcefields with her BRAIN POWERS. Last I knew, forcefields are impossible, but this chick can make bubbles, spheres, cylinders, discs and all matter of bullshit you'll never see. Who knows how she does that poo poo! Does she project Pressure Waves? Manipulate subatomic forces? Control gravity? Selectively *choose* what atoms pass through an imaginary boundary into gently caress You Space? Who knows! And you think someone who can make invisible forcefields would be walking into them all day and night but she can intuitively just not be affected by them. So one night she gets drunk and makes an invisible ottoman in the middle of your living room? She'll walk right through it while you go tits over teakettle like Dick Van Dipshit.

To top that with a cherry on top she can pop them bubbles and cause explosive compression, or decompression, depending on where she puts them. It's bad enough you can't see this bird, but now she's pummeling your head with boxing glove bubbles and putting you in a box like the loving Muppet you are and then she decides to put a bubble around your balls because why the gently caress not. gently caress, maybe she decides to make your rear end invisible so you don't know when to stop wiping.

And she can do this from across the planet! gently caress, she doesn't even need to be on Earth, she can do it from the Moon or Asgard or even HELL.

Now let's say you get around an invisible rear end and bubble-balls. No problem. Sue Storm can drive an invisible car into you. You'll be walking down the street and the next thing you know you're a pancake. Because she can also make things invisible on a whim. Maybe you throw a rock at her and what the poo poo it's gone but now she slingshotted it at your throat with her force powers and surprise you just got a rock across your kisser. But no, wait, you ruined her hair so now she's chucking hundreds of micrometeor bubbles at your face and you're not so pretty now are you, buster.

But we're just getting started, because she can bend those forcefields of hers around her body so she can be covered in Fuckoff 24/7. Here you think you'll punch her when she's applying sunscreen at the beach and gently caress your hand is impaled on an invisible spike because you're too dumb to see invisible things you fool. And forget about ever winning a Halloween costume contest because she can go as a floating head or Living X-ray and your Naruto cosplay just won't hack it, chum.

You think you have the drop on her? Hah, here's an invisible escalator aimed straight at your taint. Feel 200 invisible steps slam into you at the speed of light. So you start running but suddenly you can't feel your toes and that's because Sue loving Storm decided to make an invisible nano-width wall slice your little piggies off. So you think maybe if you jump into the sea she'll give off bubbles and you can shoot SURPRISE she's cracking off bus-sized bubbles and popping them, cavitating the water with invisible depth charges.

You're out of ideas so you think you'll plead to her and WOW suddenly irrd duunn twwwwky bleerrrmd because she decided to put a microbubble in your brain and all your words are meatloaf and you're stroking out. Being the merciful God she is, she pops a 2mm bubble in your aorta and kills you in a Flash. Maybe you think "well, at least I messed up her new J's? Bro, they're covered in microlayers of forcefield, they're not even creased.

The body? What body? It's invisible you jackass. It's so well hidden Jimmy Hoffa would have a tear in his eye.

Oh, and lastly her greatest power is she's generous in bed. Maybe Reed's having a stressful week because of the Negative Zone or the Infinity Contract or the Rent so he can't be Fantastic. No problem honey *pop* invisible cockring. Or maybe he wants to explore the P-zone? You got it dude.

And that, dear goons, is why Wolverine sucks and should go die in a freak greasefire.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was a hellnofna ride.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I thought it was pretty good. John Cena is surprisingly good in it in a way different than Dave Bautista is in the Guardians movies.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

FilthyImp posted:

The Invisifuckin Woman?

Now I don't know how many of you Marvelwatchers read comics, but I wiki a big pile of comics. One thing that blows my mind is how completely insane the powers in the Marvel comic universe are. Look at PROTEUS. That guy can invent powers the way 4chan invents racisms. He has powers from every corner of his psyche and then some. He forgets powers sometimes. He can shoot fuckrays put of his mouth, dickrays out his rear end, and rear end rays out his feet. He's that sort of crazy, all because he *is* crazy and his daddy had universe brains.

Look at Captain America. His power? 1776 lbs of pure America. Sure, he should be some buff Olympic-level bro with good Hops and muscles till next Swolesday, but instead he's a geomertry-bending, tactics shredding, living legend. You have a power? He'll make you feel inadequate until you poo poo yourself or have a heart attack. He'll lecture you while bald eagles fly out of your rear end, make you wish you were eating your veggies and volunteering at the old folks home, and look fuckin amazing while he does it. BAM! 10,000 doubts piling up on your rear end, like Lady Liberty squatting on your back. That's Cap.

But Sue loving Richards, my GOD, Sue? She's got the greatest powers of all. If Proteus's powers are finding $100 in each pocket and Captain America is like coming home to find out Amazon accidentally left you a PS5, 30-series RTX card AND your waifu-pillow, then Sue loving Richards is waking up to your mansion and discovering you need new clothes AGAIN because they keep falling off of your god-like body. She's that loving hot. They have to saddle her with a host of sexist nerfs because otherwise she'd be out there owning everyone's rear end 24/7.

Ok first off she destroys the laws of physics as we know. Not only can she be invisible, but she can also see while bending light around her like a loving Predator Homemaker. So while a bunch of nerds are like "uhhh how would the photons..." she's already made brunch, cornered the stock market, and written notes in Reed's notebooks to make it seem like he's solved another one of his quaint problems. But wait. She's just getting started!

This dame can kancho your rear end at any moment because you'd never see her coming. You think you're walking into Target and WHAMMO your lunch is in the back of your throat. But wait, there's more! Sue Storm can make forcefields with her BRAIN POWERS. Last I knew, forcefields are impossible, but this chick can make bubbles, spheres, cylinders, discs and all matter of bullshit you'll never see. Who knows how she does that poo poo! Does she project Pressure Waves? Manipulate subatomic forces? Control gravity? Selectively *choose* what atoms pass through an imaginary boundary into gently caress You Space? Who knows! And you think someone who can make invisible forcefields would be walking into them all day and night but she can intuitively just not be affected by them. So one night she gets drunk and makes an invisible ottoman in the middle of your living room? She'll walk right through it while you go tits over teakettle like Dick Van Dipshit.

To top that with a cherry on top she can pop them bubbles and cause explosive compression, or decompression, depending on where she puts them. It's bad enough you can't see this bird, but now she's pummeling your head with boxing glove bubbles and putting you in a box like the loving Muppet you are and then she decides to put a bubble around your balls because why the gently caress not. gently caress, maybe she decides to make your rear end invisible so you don't know when to stop wiping.

And she can do this from across the planet! gently caress, she doesn't even need to be on Earth, she can do it from the Moon or Asgard or even HELL.

Now let's say you get around an invisible rear end and bubble-balls. No problem. Sue Storm can drive an invisible car into you. You'll be walking down the street and the next thing you know you're a pancake. Because she can also make things invisible on a whim. Maybe you throw a rock at her and what the poo poo it's gone but now she slingshotted it at your throat with her force powers and surprise you just got a rock across your kisser. But no, wait, you ruined her hair so now she's chucking hundreds of micrometeor bubbles at your face and you're not so pretty now are you, buster.

But we're just getting started, because she can bend those forcefields of hers around her body so she can be covered in Fuckoff 24/7. Here you think you'll punch her when she's applying sunscreen at the beach and gently caress your hand is impaled on an invisible spike because you're too dumb to see invisible things you fool. And forget about ever winning a Halloween costume contest because she can go as a floating head or Living X-ray and your Naruto cosplay just won't hack it, chum.

You think you have the drop on her? Hah, here's an invisible escalator aimed straight at your taint. Feel 200 invisible steps slam into you at the speed of light. So you start running but suddenly you can't feel your toes and that's because Sue loving Storm decided to make an invisible nano-width wall slice your little piggies off. So you think maybe if you jump into the sea she'll give off bubbles and you can shoot SURPRISE she's cracking off bus-sized bubbles and popping them, cavitating the water with invisible depth charges.

You're out of ideas so you think you'll plead to her and WOW suddenly irrd duunn twwwwky bleerrrmd because she decided to put a microbubble in your brain and all your words are meatloaf and you're stroking out. Being the merciful God she is, she pops a 2mm bubble in your aorta and kills you in a Flash. Maybe you think "well, at least I messed up her new J's? Bro, they're covered in microlayers of forcefield, they're not even creased.

The body? What body? It's invisible you jackass. It's so well hidden Jimmy Hoffa would have a tear in his eye.

Oh, and lastly her greatest power is she's generous in bed. Maybe Reed's having a stressful week because of the Negative Zone or the Infinity Contract or the Rent so he can't be Fantastic. No problem honey *pop* invisible cockring. Or maybe he wants to explore the P-zone? You got it dude.

And that, dear goons, is why Wolverine sucks and should go die in a freak greasefire.

Tim Story and Avi Arad: "lol but what if she couldn't stay invisible and everybody gets to see her underwear"

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yeah, I liked The Suicide Squad, but I didn't love it, maybe it was a little too uncut James Gunn, I dunno. But I'll freely admit that's mostly because I thought Flag was going to survive and I always judge a movie a little more harshly than it deserves when it does something I didn't expect/want it to.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
took me an hour and loving half just to get this stupid loving hbomax app to play the movie so i am predisposed to hate it already

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

Guardians 2 rules and has some of the best emotional moments in any Marvel film.

Suicide Squad isn't bad, don't get me wrong. I enjoyed it and it's on the better side of DC films. But I felt there was just some piece missing from it to really make me engaged with it.

The parts I enjoyed, I really enjoyed. It definitely sagged in a few spots, but me and my kid had a good time watching. They really liked it a lot, but then it's got a lot of edgy poo poo in it I think would be right up a sullen teenager's alley.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Wow I haven't thought about that ol chestnut in years. What a throwback.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Thought Suicide Squad Comma The was loving great but I also think people who expected something like Guardians of the Galaxy are not ready for how pure uncut James Gunn this movie is compared to those

Like parts of it are closer to Slither than anything in GOTG

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Blockhouse posted:

Thought Suicide Squad Comma The was loving great but I also think people who expected something like Guardians of the Galaxy are not ready for how pure uncut James Gunn this movie is compared to those

Like parts of it are closer to Slither than anything in GOTG

This really was like Slither and Super combined and wrapped in a DC setting.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

In The Suicide Squad, I know Starro the Conqueror, but were those brightly colored jellyfish creatures that attacked King Shark a nod to any specific comics characters/fauna?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
So, my wife and I went to see it last night. We absolutely loved it. If we are ranking James Gunn big comic book movies, I'd go... GOTG 2 > TSS > GOTG 1.

I honestly loved the emotional core. I loved Bloodsport working through his trauma, and also his parental stuff with Cleo. I loved Flag's face turn, and Peacemaker's heal turn. I identified with Polka-Dot Man (That says something.....). There were multiple moments where we went "HOLY poo poo" and also killed ourselves laughing.

Honestly, my favourite character was Sebastian, because my wife and I have a running thing where we pretend our bunnies are that smart and caring and friendly. If I had to say a real character, it was Cleo.

I also am glad that Harley is starting to grow in her relationships and move on from falling for abusive pieces of poo poo.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Saw it on HBO last night. I would say it is more toxic avenger James Gunn than Guardians James Gunn. But in a good way.

I just could not get over how huge John Cena is. There are a few shots where it is almost an uncanny vally reaction (if that is the right term). When they are in the armored car, he just looks to huge to be real. I know he is that huge, but my brain just can't seem to wrap around it. Maybe it was the costume or seeing him around people that aren't roided out WWE wrestlers. I mean Henry Cavil is huge, but this is something else.

I will say he almost stole the movie. He just seemed to be having a blast playing Peacemaker.

Only downside is, and this isn't a spoiler or really even a downside, is that King Shark is not the one from the Harley cartoon. He is still great, but I really like the cartoon's take on the character.

Ratcatcher 2 also showed that we need a Squirrel Girl show.

badjohny fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Aug 6, 2021

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Guys when you're spoilering character names and there's only like one character whose name is that length in the movie you should probably use spacers.

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

bunnyofdoom posted:

I also am glad that Harley is starting to grow in her relationships and move on from falling for abusive pieces of poo poo.

The sequence from her getting dressed up as a princess through the romance, then shooting the president, then escaping was unquestionably the highlight of the movie for me. And as someone who loved Birds of Prey, it's the best Harley action sequence.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That is definitely the best DC film yet.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Rhyno posted:

That is definitely the best DC film yet.

It's good as hell. A little incohesive but the action is great and the actors are all putting in solid performances.

I'm kind of looking forward to the Peacemaker show now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Cena is so good here, he stole the show. Fantastic cast all around and even though it was guess Boomerang's death bummed me out.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
I loved every minute. I don't feel it was as tightened up as Guardians, but I appreciated it because it felt like a giant stream of consciousness experience, which is exactly what I needed in a really big loud theater. I had a blast. I loved the cast so much, and even if this movie had been a big failure it would've been worth my ticket price to see Pete Davidson get his face blown off. I still think Shazam is my favorite DCEU film, but this is a real big contender to tie with it.

Also, with King Shark and the rest free to go, I think it's a crime if he doesn't pop up in an Aquaman film at some point, even for a minute.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Rhyno posted:

Cena is so good here, he stole the show. Fantastic cast all around and even though it was guess Boomerang's death bummed me out.

No way, I hated Boomerang in the first one and seeing him eat it 30 seconds into this one was cathartic.

I can’t believe this movie actually made me give a poo poo about Bloodshot, Polka Dot Man, and Ratcatcher. I’m even kinda bummed about Rick Flagg dying, although that probably has more to do with Kinnaman being so good on For All Mankind between films than anything else. That little flashback scene at the end with Taika was so nice.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Rhyno posted:

It’s kinda funny that Peacemaker is pretty much Fascist Captain America and how comfortably he fits into real world US-foreign policy.

Also, the child murderer survived.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ruddiger posted:

Also, the child murderer survived.

You expected them to kill the whole US government or something?

Oh you meant the OTHER one.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I thought Pete Davidson’s character was named Blackheart so when Flagg said “Blackheart sold us out!” I was like, “a guy named BLACKHEART sold you out? No way!” Then I read his name was Blackguard which made it less ironic, and speaking of, what exactly was his plan after contacting the Corte Maltese army? He still had the bomb in his head, as soon as it was revealed he was the traitor I thought his head would’ve exploded via Waller instead of a random bullet.

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

ruddiger posted:

I thought Pete Davidson’s character was named Blackheart so when Flagg said “Blackheart sold us out!” I was like, “a guy named BLACKHEART sold you out? No way!” Then I read his name was Blackguard which made it less ironic, and speaking of, what exactly was his plan after contacting the Corte Maltese army? He still had the bomb in his head, as soon as it was revealed he was the traitor I thought his head would’ve exploded via Waller instead of a random bullet.

Waller set the whole thing up as a distraction, so presumably she fed Blackguard some false information to make him think his bomb had been turned off or something

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Rhyno posted:

worth it for the sheer joy of seeing Pete Davidson's face getting blown off almost immediately. Thank you for sparing us a whole move with Pete Davidson content

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
just finished. very much enjoyed it, gunn really went all in on just how stupid comics can be, but like having fun with it. everyone on the cast ended up being great. Bloodsport and peacemaker's rivalry, the Harley romcom scene, the Harley fight scene, polka dot man's mom-vision, flag making a stand :smith:, squirrel girl ratcatcher 2, waller getting knocked the gently caress out (get on the satellite Dale, you loving dickhead!)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I looked up Peacemaker’s actual comics history and background and I’m kinda shocked Gunn didn’t put any of that insanity in the movie.

I guess they’re saving it for the show?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The Suicide Squad is a good movie because Sebastian survived.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I looked up Peacemaker’s actual comics history and background and I’m kinda shocked Gunn didn’t put any of that insanity in the movie.

I guess they’re saving it for the show?

You mean like how he thinks that the souls of the people he kills get sucked into his helmet and he can communicate with them?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

muscles like this! posted:

You mean like how he thinks that the souls of the people he kills get sucked into his helmet and he can communicate with them?

That, plus how his dad was a literal nazi death camp commandant who also haunts him.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Movie is good. I gotta agree that it's missing a bit of the GoTG charm, or whatever movie magic James Gunn poured in those films. Still, something I would love to watch again.

Big relief that Gunn did good with Harley and didn't do the disgusting male gaze thing from the first Suicide Squad. Also loving that Harley learned to search for red flags and violently severe any problematic relationship lol. :allears: That whole princess part was lovely.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’m even kinda bummed about Rick Flagg dying, although that probably has more to do with Kinnaman being so good on For All Mankind between films than anything else.

Aw yeah, I was shocked about that. :smith:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Ryan Reynolds said in an interview that he expects Deadpool 3 to likely start production sometime next year. The script is actively being worked on.

https://www.ign.com/articles/deadpool-3-ryan-reynolds-mcu-starting-production-2022

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Phylodox posted:

The Suicide Squad is a good movie because Sebastian survived.

While it was cool to see Sebastian leading the rats up Starro’s arms, it would’ve been a better character moment for him to stay with Bloodsport and comfort him while he was being swarmed with rats.

Anyone else get shades of the first arc of the Keith Giffen/Paco Medina helmed Suicide Squad from the early 00s? invading an island nation only for the team to get completely wiped out leaving only a survivor or two (and swapping out Killer Frost with Harley and Deadshot with Bloodsport).

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I want to point out that -minor spoiler- every Spanish speaking actor had a different accent from different countries and couldn't help but laugh my rear end off. :lol:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, this was easily the best DCEU movie hands down, with only Birds of Prey coming close to matching it. The constant pissing match between Flagg and Peacemaker was hillarious, I loved it. Flagg was so boring in the first one that I was shocked at how much this movie made me like him. This was also the first time I had ever seen Cena in anything and Gunn just gets great performances out of wrestlers, it seems.

Also repeating a question someone had earlier because I was wondering the same thing: what were the jellyfish monsters in the tower? Something made up for the movie or from a comic?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

John Cena is a great actor within his niche, which this 100% was.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Still haven't seen Aquaman but this is easily the new best DCEU movie for me, hands down. Really enjoyed it.

The Taika cameo got me, especially because I forgot he was supposed to be in this. The deaths that hit me the hardest were Boomerang (despite being super obvious because he was one of the only things I liked about the first movie), Polka Dot Man (even if I never loved the mom jokes/gimmick and his death wasn't terribly shocking in the moment for me), and surprisingly Flag. I would never have guessed that they'd kill him off, much less that I'd actually care. Idris Elba was a lot of fun too even if the combination of mask and accent made him a little hard to understand at times. Ratcatcher was great, King Shark was a little underbaked but still fun, Peacemaker was a great character to hate, and Harley's big moment was really cool. I'd agree that it doesn't quite have the magic or heart that the GOTG films have--it's not quite as funny as I wanted it to be and the big moment where the Squad decides to turn back and help doesn't quite get the time it needs. The movie feels a little "over-tightened" in that way, which I get because it's got a ton of plot to get through.

e: OH gently caress AFTER CREDITS

Arist fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Aug 7, 2021

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I refuse to watch the new Suicide Squad movie because they didn't bring back Slipknot, the man who can climb ANYTHING.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Arist posted:

Still haven't seen Aquaman but this is easily the new best DCEU movie for me, hands down. Really enjoyed it.

The Taika cameo got me, especially because I forgot he was supposed to be in this. The deaths that hit me the hardest were Boomerang (despite being super obvious because he was one of the only things I liked about the first movie), Polka Dot Man (even if I never loved the mom jokes/gimmick and his death wasn't terribly shocking in the moment for me), and surprisingly Flag. I would never have guessed that they'd kill him off, much less that I'd actually care. Idris Elba was a lot of fun too even if the combination of mask and accent made him a little hard to understand at times. Ratcatcher was great, King Shark was a little underbaked but still fun, Peacemaker was a great character to hate, and Harley's big moment was really cool. I'd agree that it doesn't quite have the magic or heart that the GOTG films have--it's not quite as funny as I wanted it to be and the big moment where the Squad decides to turn back and help doesn't quite get the time it needs. The movie feels a little "over-tightened" in that way, which I get because it's got a ton of plot to get through.

e: OH gently caress AFTER CREDITS, FLAG

That’s Peacemaker.