Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Lol that poo poo relaunches under a different name every year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Comrayn posted:

Anyone know what's up with this Bless Unleashed game that launches on Steam tomorrow? Big ol doodoo of lootboxes?

I played it when it was exclusive to Xbox One, it sucks.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Comrayn posted:

Anyone know what's up with this Bless Unleashed game that launches on Steam tomorrow? Big ol doodoo of lootboxes?

It's the fifth rerelease of a failed MMO that used to be focused on open-world pvp stuff iirc

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

It's the fifth rerelease of a failed MMO that used to be focused on open-world pvp stuff iirc

drat they're up to 5 now?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Bless Online first launched as a Korean-only game developed by Neowiz. It failed, then relaunched in Korea with the bless "Rebuild Project", then launched a western port/remake. The Korean bless rebuild died in 2018. The western version died in 2019. Then in 2020 Round 8 Studios remade it as a console game under the name Bless Unleashed.
Then in 2021 the original Bless devs, Neowiz, bought the rights back (?) and ported the Bless Unleashed console remake back to PC, with some remake stuff of their own and a lot of mechanic changes (so it wasn't a straight port).

So Bless Unleashed steam is a PC port+remake of a console port+remake of a western TL+remake of a Korean remake of the original Bless.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Don't forget Bless Mobile

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

You see, it’s not a game, it’s a piece of performance art.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
The Blessed thread with Bless posts

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
"Bless" is too cool of a name for those games to have.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Bless Online first launched as a Korean-only game developed by Neowiz. It failed, then relaunched in Korea with the bless "Rebuild Project", then launched a western port/remake. The Korean bless rebuild died in 2018. The western version died in 2019. Then in 2020 Round 8 Studios remade it as a console game under the name Bless Unleashed.
Then in 2021 the original Bless devs, Neowiz, bought the rights back (?) and ported the Bless Unleashed console remake back to PC, with some remake stuff of their own and a lot of mechanic changes (so it wasn't a straight port).

So Bless Unleashed steam is a PC port+remake of a console port+remake of a western TL+remake of a Korean remake of the original Bless.

Bless more like Curse haha got ‘em

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
don't forget that literally every single developer and publisher involved is well known for producing exclusively pay to win, in app purchase rubbish. for example, aeria games quite literally does not have a single game in its dozens that isn't p2w-mandatory to progress.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
If you want a fine enough "free" Monster Hunter clone just play Dauntless.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

My confession: I actually had fun with the original launch of Bless Online

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

So is there anything even close to good in terms of open world faction PvPvE these days? I want to play an MMO where I can go out into the world and get into trouble for a few hours every now and then without necessarily having a close group of friends or a GoonSwarm-style monolith backing me up. I've been trying Gloria Victis which miiiiight fit the bill, but I'm not sure yet.

100 degrees Calcium fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Aug 6, 2021

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

100 degrees Calcium posted:

So is there anything even close to good in terms of open world faction PvPvE these days? I want to play an MMO where I can go out into the world and get into trouble for a few hours every now and then without necessarily having a close group of friends or a GoonSwarm-style monolith backing me up. I've been trying Gloria Victis which miiiiight fit the bill, but I'm not sure yet.

Crowfall, and Dark Age of Camelot either the live server, or the fan run Phoenix server.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I heard Phoenix is closing up, which is sad because it sounds like it was perfect. I guess private servers are kind of a gone-in-a-flash affair.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I heard Phoenix is closing up, which is sad because it sounds like it was perfect. I guess private servers are kind of a gone-in-a-flash affair.

What happened to Phoenix that is causing it close down? It gets like 2000 - 3000 people a day playing it.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I said come in! posted:

What happened to Phoenix that is causing it close down? It gets like 2000 - 3000 people a day playing it.

I don't know. That's just what they were saying in the DAoC thread.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

I said come in! posted:

Another server is coming, didn't want to compete. Plus they wanted to take some time to figure out things for a Phoenix 2.0 I believe.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

dreffen posted:

Another server is coming, didn't want to compete. Plus they wanted to take some time to figure out things for a Phoenix 2.0 I believe.

do you think the new server launch would be a good time to get into DAOC?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

cmdrk posted:

do you think the new server launch would be a good time to get into DAOC?

Any time is a good time! DAoC is a great game.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Biowarfare posted:

don't forget that literally every single developer and publisher involved is well known for producing exclusively pay to win, in app purchase rubbish.

Yes they already said it was a Korean MMo

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Bless Unleashed so bad that even goons won't make a megathread for it.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I played Bless Unleashed for a few hours in the PC beta in May. At that time they had apparently completely reworked how the skill leveling worked compared to the console version but had 0 text anywhere ingame explaining what spending a skill point actually DID. I spent a ton on some of my active abilities and had no clue what was changing or improving, and when I looked up stuff online I discovered that none of this stuff was anywhere in console Bless so there were no details online either.

I hope they've fixed that at least.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Here's another upcoming MMO I knew nothing about until about two days ago: https://corepunk.com/en/ Seems strange that their biggest marketing point is that the game has fog of war.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
interesting. ukranian game. "open world" but with heroes like league

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

kedo posted:

Here's another upcoming MMO I knew nothing about until about two days ago: https://corepunk.com/en/ Seems strange that their biggest marketing point is that the game has fog of war.

This is kinda what I was expecting the Riot MMO to look like.

Kinda interested NGL, will keep an eye on it. Thanks for the link.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

kedo posted:

I made a thread for it about a year ago.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3930520&perpage=40&noseen=1

There just hasn’t been anything to say about it.

Also, the beta was just delayed again.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Yeah that actually looks kinda interesting. B2P so I might give it a shot because I am a dumb idiot sucker for B2P games

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
It's an interesting concept but "MMO where you play as a top down wc3 character" needs to have some actual interesting stuff to do in the combat other than autoattacks and that 15-minute gameplay video in the thread is not giving me a good impression.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWO9GY8wiKM

Is it just me or does this video make Star Citizen look....good? At the end, they abandon their ship, fly off on space bikes and then space walk onto a ship they have a bounty for, then cut into the hull, board it and initiate self-destruct on it. All to get around fighting the ship, because they knew they didn't stand a chance. I was under the impression this game was a just a scam with JPEG ships, but this looks amazing.

GoGoGadget fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Aug 9, 2021

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
star citizen looks pretty good when you don't post the hours of crashes and game spazzing out, yeah :v:

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Wait, it's an actual game that people can play? I thought the same as GGG, that it was just that one video of a space trucker drinking coffee, and spaceship I.O.Us people would buy.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
There's a game, it's just not much of one. Barebones stuff is implemented like flying around and shooting things, mining, carrying cargo, and on-foot FPS shooting. All of the loftier features promised back 5-8 years ago have not been implemented, the game is buggy as gently caress, and performance is poo poo, like 15ish FPS on a high-end gaming PC. It also is all only taking place within a single solar system with a handful of planets, since they haven't made more than that.

Both Elite Dangerous (despite its half-assed expansion launch) and No Man's Sky are in better places right now.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Valatar posted:

There's a game, it's just not much of one. Barebones stuff is implemented like flying around and shooting things, mining, carrying cargo, and on-foot FPS shooting. All of the loftier features promised back 5-8 years ago have not been implemented, the game is buggy as gently caress, and performance is poo poo, like 15ish FPS on a high-end gaming PC. It also is all only taking place within a single solar system with a handful of planets, since they haven't made more than that.

if you can afford to pay for star citizen you can afford quad 3090s

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

It's an interesting concept but "MMO where you play as a top down wc3 character" needs to have some actual interesting stuff to do in the combat other than autoattacks and that 15-minute gameplay video in the thread is not giving me a good impression.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the graphics looked like WC3

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Valatar posted:

Both Elite Dangerous (despite its half-assed expansion launch) and No Man's Sky are in better places right now.

NMS has turned into a wonderful game to play honestly. I still don't regret my day one purchase of that one.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

dreffen posted:

NMS has turned into a wonderful game to play honestly. I still don't regret my day one purchase of that one.

Part of me says to never buy NMS just for how much of a lying rear end the head of the studio was (still is?).

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
NMS never looked interesting in the least, it was obviously not going to live up to the promises pre-launch. And it still looks entirely unappealing now. Anyone that got duped by the studio head lying only has themselves to blame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Fame Douglas posted:

NMS never looked interesting in the least, it was obviously not going to live up to the promises pre-launch. And it still looks entirely unappealing now. Anyone that got duped by the studio head lying only has themselves to blame.

It definitely did not live up to promises at launch, but even as launch I was still fine with what amounts to a walking simulator.

It’s fun to fly around and build bases, but it’s not a game that I play in long stretches. Basically play when the mood hits and I’ll dump a bunch of time in it, then stop.