Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
discovering that fruits and vegetables exist, perhaps even being reluctant to believe it at first

haha, yeah right, "dragonfruit". Are you sure you were in the produce department and not a D&D game lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
what the gently caress is a "leek"

am I being gaslit, are you messing with me

more falafel please

forums poster

my sunchokes actually got big enough that we had to move them because the comed guy couldn't read the electrical meter from the street anymore so he'd just bug us once a month to let him in through the gangway

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
i did a google search and what the gently caress how did I not know about carrots, I thought Looney Tunes made them up

Stoner Sloth

Prof. Crocodile posted:

alt-left infowars-style new shows where the presenter is screaming mad that the chemicals the government in the water aren't making frogs gay enough.

this whole thread, and the last few pages are great and can't be fived enough but this made me lol

more falafel please

forums poster

Prof. Crocodile posted:

alt-left infowars-style new shows where the presenter is screaming mad that the chemicals the government in the water aren't making frogs gay enough.

https://twitter.com/3liza/status/1092312779275390976?s=21

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
The Bronyfucker.

Posters of him are stuck up at Brony conventions saying don't let this man in but he sneaks in using a fake beard or mustache. A team of volounteers comb through Craiglist ads looking for tell tale signs. He keeps a tally of all the Bronys he's hosed. One guy is trying to bring him down and the press have already labeled him "the Brony cockblocker".

ToxicFrog

Dip Viscous posted:

TIL sunchokes are real

We got them to eat and had some extras so we buried them in an unused flowerbed. They're taller than i am now.

Ventral EggSac

Code Jockey posted:

what the gently caress is a "leek"

am I being gaslit, are you messing with me

a Leek? Like from skyrim?

Finger Prince

Ventral EggSac posted:

a Leek? Like from skyrim?

Prurient Squid

Sounds farfetched to me.

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"'howdy ladies and gentlemen. cass hershel here; cass hershel supermarket, old-timey drugstore, bait-and-tackle, auto sales, landfill, wedding chapel and notary public in beautiful downtown pigeon forge, tennessee (look for the free water billboard and you're gettin close!) -- we'll talk to the folks at the sonic youths a little more about where they find the insperation for their compy-sitions, but first i wanna tell y'uns about the specials we're running this week here at the supermarket:

we got 21-ounce boxes of guy fieri's frosted tips cereal -- keeps its volume even in milk!-- for 2.99 apiece

we also got twenny ounce bottles of swanson's carbonated vegetable stock in tomater, spicy tomater, and garden salsa variety --a real special this week -- they're twennyfive cents apiece, or three for a doller.

it took us a while, but we finally got more of those barby-cue flavored nacho drippins. never understood the allure of it m'self but we can't keep the drat things on the shelf so i ain't got too much for complainin' at 2.79 a can.

and then we got... what the hell is this?

it's a bag of something but i've never seen it before in my life. it's made by kraft, tho, so i'd have to think it'd be edible... somehow. i didn't have any luck lookin' this up but did y'all have any luck, missus hershel?"

"no we didn't, mister hershel"

"well, whatever it is, we're sellin' em for a doller and seventy-nine. we got twelve cases of the stuff, minus the bag we're gonna give to the stockers for when they're hanging out in back the store smoking them mary-ju-ana cigarettes. yeah, i know, but it keeps 'em happy, they get the werk done, and they're good fer test-snackin on anything we give 'em. anyway, if it's unidentifiable but allegedly edible, you can't find it cheaper anywere else but cass hershel's."

...now, while them sonic youths are setting back up i'd like to tell y'uns we got a special treat coming for ya next week: our old buddy sun ra will be stoppin by and we always have a good time when he comes over, don't we, missus hershel?"

"that's right, mister hershel! space is the place!"

"space is the place indeed, my honeysuckle rose..."

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Aug 6, 2021

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

"'howdy ladies and gentlemen. cass hershel here; cass hershel supermarket, old-timey drugstore, bait-and-tackle, auto sales, landfill, wedding chapel and notary public in beautiful downtown pigeon forge, tennessee (look for the free water billboard and you're gettin close!) -- we'll talk to the folks at the sonic youths a little more about where they find the insperation for their compy-sitions, but first i wanna tell y'uns about the specials we're running this week here at the supermarket:

we got 21-ounce boxes of guy fieri's frosted tips cereal -- keeps its volume even in milk!-- for 2.99 apiece

we also got twenny ounce bottles of swanson's carbonated vegetable stock in tomater, spicy tomater, and garden salsa variety --a real special this week -- they're twennyfive cents apiece, or three for a doller.

it took us a while, but we finally got more of those barby-cue flavored nacho drippins. never understood the allure of it m'self but we can't keep the drat things on the shelf so i ain't got too much for complainin' at 2.79 a can.

and then we got... what the hell is this?

it's a bag of something but i've never seen it before in my life. it's made by kraft, tho, so i'd have to think it'd be edible... somehow. i didn't have any luck lookin' this up but did y'all have any luck, missus hershel?"

"no we didn't, mister hershel"

"well, whatever it is, we're sellin' em for a doller and seventy-nine. we got twelve cases of the stuff, minus the bag we're gonna give to the stockers for when they're hanging out in back the store smoking them mary-ju-ana cigarettes. yeah, i know, but it keeps 'em happy, they get the werk done, and they're good fer test-snackin on anything we give 'em. anyway, if it's unidentifiable but allegedly edible, you can't find it cheaper anywere else but cass hershel's."

...now, while them sonic youths are setting back up i'd like to tell y'uns we got a special treat coming for ya next week: our old buddy sun ra will be stoppin by and we always have a good time when he comes over, don't we, missus hershel?"

"that's right, mister hershel! space is the place!"

"space is the place indeed, my honeysuckle rose..."

take the moon

by sebmojo
lol

----------------

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
figured out how to do a low, grumbly voice -- talking in an overtone-singing sort of way almost like that "beeeeans what the fuuuuuck" meme. and it put me in mind of some local tv figures:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjHkfnNKBtg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1brcrb9Rj44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAXaqIgqaT0

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 6, 2021

----------------

RavenousScoot

a modern vampire trying to blend in and not get caught instead of looking like an obvious goth or dracula, but he just ends up looking like pete davidson

RavenousScoot

a cartoon mouse vampire frustrated that his fangs are his buck teeth, giving him away instantly

Jestery

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Vampire accidentally getting landlocked because people bought all the properties around him while he was walking through some abandoned lots

Prurient Squid

Politics from now on is conducted behind a huge dome. The back and force is now depicted by means of hired actors who double, in a deramatised form the dry proceedings taken behind the bubble. Becoming an actor in the new TV series brings fame and industry pull. Then bit by bit the televised version of politics ceases to refer to anything real and becomes more and more self referential.

Ventral EggSac

Prurient Squid posted:

Politics from now on is conducted behind a huge dome. The back and force is now depicted by means of hired actors who double, in a deramatised form the dry proceedings taken behind the bubble. Becoming an actor in the new TV series brings fame and industry pull. Then bit by bit the televised version of politics ceases to refer to anything real and becomes more and more self referential.

Political issues mapped onto the bro vs manziere argument in Seinfeld

Prof. Crocodile

this is a great video, and my life is better for having seen it.

Prurient Squid

I was going in a Logan's Run direction as the actor president tries to search for the real president only to uncover a terrible secret about how the world really works. Only I then thought that he has to carry out his research while the cameras are rolling and it became the Truman show.

Cubone

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
one of those long wars between hidden societies that secretly run the world, like in the davinci code or assassin's creed, except they only know as much about each other as we know about any of them, and it turns out one of the secret societies doesn't exist, the other secret society just thinks they do

so like jfk jr. dies in a plane crash, and the freemasons are like "drat you, illuminati! :argh:"
but there is no illuminati, the freemasons are just imagining patterns in significant world events and ascribing meaning to them

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Play-by-play announcer covering the inter-conspiratorial softball league.

"Next up for the Buildabergers is Nelson Buildaberger, he's had a good night so far: overthrew two latin-american governments, and anybody else would be feeling pretty good but like he told me before the game, he keeps himself humble because bad days happen just as often as the good.

Ope! Pipeline blew up, that's strike one... The Illuminati's pitching has been a rare form tonight, and it's been a while since we've them being able to set them up and shut them down like that--"

"The kids have been eating their wheaties, Frank."

"--Something like that, Earl. Have we ever actually figured out how this game is played yet?"

"Nope, and your guess is as good as mine."

Prurient Squid

Variation on the theme: The President invites a series of actors famous for playing The President over to the White House for a photo up and then suddenly the Earth is bathed in cosmic rays that gives everyone on Earth the exact kind of selective amnesia that would be required to work out which one is the real The President and also destroys all media that contains reruns of just those episodes that would rule out the fakes.

And then they all get to be president I guess?

take the moon

by sebmojo
arthur reed x mountain dew promotional campaign

----------------

Ventral EggSac

Every day when you're walking down the street
And every body that you meet
Has an original mountain dew

Prurient Squid

Using a time machine to witness the first time a person opened a bag and had a cat jump out.

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Prurient Squid posted:

Using a time machine to witness the first time a person opened a bag and had a cat jump out.

imagining a twilight zone scenario where the time traveler screws up the moment and has to try to arrange letting a cat out of his own bag in order to keep from changing history

----------------

Harold Fjord
It's not just the cat that's important, but also that there's no pig in that poke. It'd also be a pig-napping escapade!

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
time traveler: "well, i just hosed up the future. maybe i can go back in the past to before i got here and keep myself from doing that"

*in that instant, dozens of instances of the time traveler appear and announce in unison* "nah, that poo poo didn't work, better come up with something different."

----------------

google THIS

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

imagining a twilight zone scenario where the time traveler screws up the moment and has to try to arrange letting a cat out of his own bag in order to keep from changing history

There was a Sound of Beans Spilling

RavenousScoot

grinding sexual levels by making cum tributes to yourself

Jestery

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Prurient Squid posted:

Going back in time to the genesis of idioms and changing them slightly

Coming back to your time and giggling

google THIS

Undocumented but important logical fallacies

The Grandpa's Fallacy: The mistaken belief that the telling of a story decreases the likelihood that it will be told again

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

google THIS posted:

There was a Sound of Beans Spilling

i spilled baked beans all over myself watching plautus' pseudolus in the roman amphitheater & a black plebian shouted "this senex eatin beans!"

----------------

Ventral EggSac

RavenousScoot posted:

grinding sexual levels by making cum tributes to yourself

Climaxing and hearing the chanting from Skyrim that means you've leveled up

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Ventral EggSac posted:

Climaxing and hearing the chanting from Skyrim that means you've leveled up

spending hours and hours creating potions before my big date, then chugging all of them to boost my sexual power value to absurd levels, allowing me to climax within milliseconds, thus setting a new speed running record

everyone else at sex done quick 2021 is in awe, and the donations roll in

more falafel please

forums poster

Code Jockey posted:

spending hours and hours creating potions before my big date, then chugging all of them to boost my sexual power value to absurd levels, allowing me to climax within milliseconds, thus setting a new speed running record

everyone else at sex done quick 2021 is in awe, and the donations roll in

anal%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Chainsaws PhD

stone cold steve austin getting thrown a couple of beers while celebrating and he struggles to open the can because the tab is pressed too close into the can