Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Crackmaster posted:

The Haunting in Connecticut? I only saw this once, years back, but reading a plot synopsis it looks like what I'm remembering, and seems to match your description.

I've just watched the trailer with them and it was an emphatic "YES! That's it!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"

MachineryNoise posted:

Does anybody have a clue what movie / TV show is being sampled at the beginning of this lovely goregrind song? Someone asked about it on another forum and now it's driving me crazy. The actor sounds so familiar that I know I'm going to kick myself for not knowing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk3cia43iZU

Quoting myself from the old thread because I randomly watched the movie in question. It's from gory German schlockmeister Olaf Ittenbach's Legion of the Dead, featuring a very Carradine-esque Christopher Kriesa as "Psycho Mike".

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

asking about samples reminds me of one I haven't been able to crack, google's been no help, even though it seems like a really easy one to figure out. it may be the sort of thing where I'm feeding it the wrong part of the sentence or just scrolling past a link that doesn't look useful but has the answer or whatever

it's the clip at the beginning of "puddle of blood" by hard girls

"you see, i know you're not real, man. 'cause i'm loaded, okay? i've had some experience in that area. besides, that whole rap of yours is bull, anyway: good, evil, it's all the same crap. rock and roll's the only thing that counts, dig? hard rear end blistering awesome heavy metal rock and roll."

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

hexwren posted:

asking about samples reminds me of one I haven't been able to crack, google's been no help, even though it seems like a really easy one to figure out. it may be the sort of thing where I'm feeding it the wrong part of the sentence or just scrolling past a link that doesn't look useful but has the answer or whatever

it's the clip at the beginning of "puddle of blood" by hard girls

"you see, i know you're not real, man. 'cause i'm loaded, okay? i've had some experience in that area. besides, that whole rap of yours is bull, anyway: good, evil, it's all the same crap. rock and roll's the only thing that counts, dig? hard rear end blistering awesome heavy metal rock and roll."

It's from an episode of a Swamp Thing show.
http://gone-and-forgotten.blogspot.com/2017/01/if-you-see-swamp-thing-say-swamp-thing.html?m=1

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

fantastic, thanks

TerraCat
Jul 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Possibly a James Bond movie.

I remember a scene where the hero kills a guy with a rivet gun and says "riveting."

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

TerraCat posted:

Possibly a James Bond movie.

I remember a scene where the hero kills a guy with a rivet gun and says "riveting."

Was it Darkman? I remember there's a rivet gun fight in that.

TerraCat
Jul 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

The_Doctor posted:

Was it Darkman? I remember there's a rivet gun fight in that.

Maybe, I should rewatch DM anyway.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Danny Glover uses one in Lethal Weapon 2.

TerraCat
Jul 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

Torquemada posted:

Danny Glover uses one in Lethal Weapon 2.

He uses a nail gun, "nailed em both."

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

TerraCat posted:

He uses a nail gun, "nailed em both."

Goddamnit, thanks.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Had this flash of a memory, someone talking on a phone and then it starts melting. Maybe one of the Amityville movies?
And no it's not Nightmare on Elm St

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

Retro Futurist posted:

Had this flash of a memory, someone talking on a phone and then it starts melting. Maybe one of the Amityville movies?
And no it's not Nightmare on Elm St

Google says this is 1408. Spoiler, I guess?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvlKd4wdAik&t=160s

I also saw a reference to a melting phone in The Gate in search results, but I didn't spot any video clips for it. Never saw that either, so couldn't say if it's in there.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Google says this is 1408. Spoiler, I guess?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvlKd4wdAik&t=160s

I also saw a reference to a melting phone in The Gate in search results, but I didn't spot any video clips for it. Never saw that either, so couldn't say if it's in there.

I watched it in the mid-90s so definitely not that. Could be the gate though I'll see if I can track that one down

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Was it a red phone? I found a trailer for The Gate that shows the phone scene. Around 40 seconds in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOX6-Rw5PWc&t=40s

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That could definitely be it. Not exactly what was in my head but it was also nearly 3 decades ago

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
There's that scene in Scanners when dude blows up a control room with his mind via pay phone and the receiver melts

https://youtu.be/iUNg9LZSgQM

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I never realised how ubiquitous melting phones were.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Some more detail to it, I remember a woman or girl on the phone she freaks out when it happens and throws it down, which definitely seems like the gate from that trailer clip. I feel like the phone was white but that could easily be my memory

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
You said it wasn't the first Elm St, but what about New Nightmare? They redo the phone scare, and then it starts excreting spit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnNxpP-ErKs&t=109s

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Origami Dali posted:

You said it wasn't the first Elm St, but what about New Nightmare? They redo the phone scare, and then it starts excreting spit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnNxpP-ErKs&t=109s

Ooh poo poo, that does look a little more like what was in my head

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Ok. This has been wracking my brain for years now.

So back in the early 00s, I remember watching a movie on TV. Thriller/drama type deal. Could have been direct to tv or a rerun of a theatrical movie. The main plot beat was there was this individual killing a string of doctors and the cops can't piece together why. So they get the help of this guy who is/was a tracker/hunter type. I THINK he was played by Robert Patrick. So the police and tracker meet a super-religious mother and her adult bedridden son, as they were patients of some of the doctors. He's a kind of hosed up looking weirdo and hates life. Turns out this adult son is NOT as bedridden as he seemed, as he was the murder. He killed them (and towards the end of the movie, his mother) because he wished they had never allowed him to be born. Movie ends with Tracker guy fighting with him in some abandoned building (hospital maybe?). I can't remember if he killed him or not.

PLEASE. Somebody end this madness for me. I can not track down any information on what movie this could have possibly been.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Yestermoment posted:

Ok. This has been wracking my brain for years now.

So back in the early 00s, I remember watching a movie on TV. Thriller/drama type deal. Could have been direct to tv or a rerun of a theatrical movie. The main plot beat was there was this individual killing a string of doctors and the cops can't piece together why. So they get the help of this guy who is/was a tracker/hunter type. I THINK he was played by Robert Patrick. So the police and tracker meet a super-religious mother and her adult bedridden son, as they were patients of some of the doctors. He's a kind of hosed up looking weirdo and hates life. Turns out this adult son is NOT as bedridden as he seemed, as he was the murder. He killed them (and towards the end of the movie, his mother) because he wished they had never allowed him to be born. Movie ends with Tracker guy fighting with him in some abandoned building (hospital maybe?). I can't remember if he killed him or not.

PLEASE. Somebody end this madness for me. I can not track down any information on what movie this could have possibly been.
Pavement (2002)?

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

VagueRant posted:

Pavement (2002)?

Holy poo poo, yes. Thank you so much.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://i.imgur.com/ZTBG5Cf.mp4

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Once a Thief (1991)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQIR7b01m8E

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

looks like tenet

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Basically nothing to go on here but: someone is holding an old (like 80s/90s) rotary phone (both parts, not just the receiver) and they make a show of pulling the cable free of the furniture so they can move around with it.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Pilchenstein posted:

Basically nothing to go on here but: someone is holding an old (like 80s/90s) rotary phone (both parts, not just the receiver) and they make a show of pulling the cable free of the furniture so they can move around with it.

Is this in a horror context, like it’s someone getting scary calls?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Is this in a horror context, like it’s someone getting scary calls?
I don't think so, no. My first thoughts were either the overdose scene in Pulp Fiction or John Doe's apartment in Se7en but I checked and it's neither - Pulp Fiction was close, the guy is pacing with the phone but he doesn't unsnag the cable.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
So I watched a documentary on Netflix in college (so 2009-2012) that doesn't seem to be on there any more and i cant find any hint of it ever existing online. It was about a goofy George Fisher*- looking guy who said he was the reincarnation of Vlad the Impaler. He told these bizarre stories about how he was a forceful and merciful ruler and just seemed to be pulling it all out of his rear end. One such story was about how Vlad replaced money stolen from a merchant with more money than was stolen because he was going to kill the merchant if he didnt give the extra back.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Skulk Hogan posted:

So I watched a documentary on Netflix in college (so 2009-2012) that doesn't seem to be on there any more and i cant find any hint of it ever existing online. It was about a goofy George Fisher*- looking guy who said he was the reincarnation of Vlad the Impaler. He told these bizarre stories about how he was a forceful and merciful ruler and just seemed to be pulling it all out of his rear end. One such story was about how Vlad replaced money stolen from a merchant with more money than was stolen because he was going to kill the merchant if he didnt give the extra back.

This prob isn't it since the timeline is off and he's less rough looking than Corpsegrinder, but apparently there's a contingent of aging goth metal dudes who think they're Vlad reincarnated.

https://youtu.be/CYxVOnZBVrk

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Skulk Hogan posted:

It wasn't the Jon Mikl Thor documentary, was it? He was a cool goofy dude who did metal and tore phone books in half and did pushups on stage.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Nah the dude wasn't cool or famous just an (I think american) guy with a couple kids. I think he ran some kinda geocities based vampire social network. Something like that. its probably a real relic of the early 2000s.

He just had a similar physical appearance to Corpsegrinder. Wide jaw, thick neck, longish straight dark hair. Didnt really have a metal aesthetic going on.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Pilchenstein posted:

Roseanne had the phone on the wall, where the joke was sometimes that the cord was wrapped around things or other people.
But could be a lot of films.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Skulk Hogan posted:

He told these bizarre stories about how he was a forceful and merciful ruler and just seemed to be pulling it all out of his rear end.

…which is exactly what Vlad did not do.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Don't remember it being good, no reason to remember this but it just popped into my head -- one of those ~2010s terrorism movies that thought it was smart by not being 24, gist was a joint European/American investigation into a Muslim guy with a like shipping company in Germany suspected of financing extremist groups. Ending was they bait him into signing some document that proves to them that he's knowingly involved, and all the Europeans intend to surveil him to further uncover this network but the Americans immediately grab him off the street, toss him in a van presumably to take him to a black site. Don't remember a single person in it to look it up by.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Don't remember it being good, no reason to remember this but it just popped into my head -- one of those ~2010s terrorism movies that thought it was smart by not being 24, gist was a joint European/American investigation into a Muslim guy with a like shipping company in Germany suspected of financing extremist groups. Ending was they bait him into signing some document that proves to them that he's knowingly involved, and all the Europeans intend to surveil him to further uncover this network but the Americans immediately grab him off the street, toss him in a van presumably to take him to a black site. Don't remember a single person in it to look it up by.

Kind of sounds like "A Most Wanted Man", particularly the ending. Stars Phillip Seymour Hoffman.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Davros1 posted:

Kind of sounds like "A Most Wanted Man", particularly the ending. Stars Phillip Seymour Hoffman.
Yep, thanks, that's it. Vaguely remembered Robin Wright .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I'm remembering two scenes from a movie, or maybe two movies, that were brought up in terms of realistic gun fights and such.

First scene had two guys leaving a confrontation with another group. One would move back, take position and yell "covering!" Then the other would do the same. Went on long enough to be sort of comical.

Second scene was a guy jumping into an empty fountain for cover and gets all hosed up on the broken glass that was inside.

Thanks in advance!