Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Oh man, my local Target actually has something for once, Surtur looks amazing in person. Though of course they also have Revelatuins Battlecat so a decision must be made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Would Amazon refund me for a figure I bought from a third party through Amazon if USPS loses it?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If it was fulfilled by Amazon.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Got my boy Fisto from the vintage collection today. Adding another Fisty man to the shelf.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Nanigans posted:

Would Amazon refund me for a figure I bought from a third party through Amazon if USPS loses it?

Amazon is insanely good for refunding you. I've had items from third parties never show up and if it doesn't get to you then you can refund.

Hell even if you get it and don't like it you can toss it in a box and send it back getting a refund.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

A lot of the time, if you want to return something, Amazon will just refund your money and not even ask for the thing back, it’s a little weird. I think they just make so much money they don’t even give a gently caress, not worth their time to process returns.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

This is action figure adjacent, but I still thought it was neat.

I’m a fan of She Hulk and I stumbled across something neat on eBay so I bought it: original concept art for an (unmade) She Hulk figure that Burger King was going to include with their kids meals in the 90s.

Some advertising agency was selling off a bunch of old concept art for random stuff on eBay and I stumbled across it.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I have no idea of my Super Sailors Jupiter and Venus will ever arrive but I quite like my Super Sailor Mars who came today

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

The Last Call posted:

Amazon is insanely good for refunding you. I've had items from third parties never show up and if it doesn't get to you then you can refund.

Hell even if you get it and don't like it you can toss it in a box and send it back getting a refund.

Awesome. I have something that was supposed to be here Tuesday and uhhh…hasn’t moved since Monday.

Shiroc posted:

I have no idea of my Super Sailors Jupiter and Venus will ever arrive but I quite like my Super Sailor Mars who came today

Mars best scout now and forever. Jupiter close second. Awesome figures.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I got the dreaded delay email from Amiami about yet another order with a Playarts figure, but luckily (so far) it was everything in that order except the PAK 2B.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Don't know if anybody's searching for it but here's a Brickseek link to see if Wal-Mart's have the unmasked TMNT Casey Jones figure near you:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=865306042

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Nanigans posted:

Awesome. I have something that was supposed to be here Tuesday and uhhh…hasn’t moved since Monday.

I've had that happen, usually seems like in those cases they're trying to wait out the 30 days so they get the money.

The item never shows up, so if you feel like your in this situation, just click on the refund button in your orders for it and go from there.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I asked Mercari what to do about my likely lost package and they immediately credited me. Hopefully the seller also gets compensated fast. I don't know what to do if the package ever actually shows up or if I should try to find another place to order the figures.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’ve made a little over $2k clearing out my Black Series and modern 3.75” Star Wars stuff over the last two months, and today I pre-ordered my very first 12” Hot Toys/Sideshow figure; the stylized Sideshow TCW Obi-Wan.

Given the rising price of the Vintage Collection and the headache of preordering new Black Series figures, I think (with a few exceptions) I’m just gonna focus on Figuarts and Hot Toys type stuff instead from now on. It’s easier to get, it’s higher quality, and it holds its value if I ever feel the need to clean things out again.

I've done almost the exact opposite of this over the last two weeks! I went on a black series sabbatical about a year or so ago, but Bad Batch put star wars fever back in me HARD so I've spent the last two weeks trying to catch up on all the figures I missed in that time. I've mostly succeeded, the one bottleneck is the clone wars ahsoka and her clone troopers. They're hard to get at any price out here, and the cheapest it looks like I'm going to be able to Ahsoka for is $75. I'd thought about buying her at the time but as I've got the first release of the rebels version I skipped her. Now that I've got the clone wars stuff they've put out in the last year I really want that version too... I'm going to watch ebay for a week or two and see if something even ten bucks cheaper shows up, and if not I'll just have to bite the bullet and pay.

I'm getting that Sideshow Obi Wan also, and any others in that style they make. It's funny as my favourite sizes of action figures are 3 3/4 and 12 inch, but I almost never buy either of them in recent years.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Oof yeah, Ahsoka and her clones are pricey because they were Walmart exclusives and Walmart totally botched the pre-order process by accidentally letting the page go live a few hours early and then later just blanket-cancelled tons of legitimate pre-orders from that entire day for no reason. A lot of folks just straight up never received anything and only found out their order had been cancelled months after the fact. I got lucky and actually had my order fulfilled instead of having to hunt them down in-store or pay crazy eBay prices. I think those two are probably the most expensive Black Series figures out right now, maybe second to Aphra and 000.

I’m really particular about likenesses with 3.75”, so almost all of my collection is either Rebel/Resistance pilots, droids, or “random background aliens who show up for one shot just to look cool”. In a weird way cleaning out my collection has actually reinvigorated my interest in 3.75” stuff and now I’m watching like 15 cheap figures I never had on eBay.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Another thing I like about Mercari, there's a full chat/messenger feature integrated into the app so you can easily talk to buyers/sellers about the product. I just listed another 25 items and sold one right away. As it happened to be a KO set I was able to touch base with the buyer to make sure he knew the details and he was happy that I confirmed it with him. With ebay you have to scroll through message suggestions before sending a message the seller may take days to see.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So google isn't telling me anything concrete, is there any solid info on who owns the rights to Blackstar and Bravestarr currently? I started thinking about toys that need the Super 7 Ultimates treatment and those two lines came to mind, just so I could put the title characters on a shelf with Ultimates He-man, Lion-O and Quicksilver someday.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Sooper Gila posted:

I've done almost the exact opposite of this over the last two weeks! I went on a black series sabbatical about a year or so ago, but Bad Batch put star wars fever back in me HARD so I've spent the last two weeks trying to catch up on all the figures I missed in that time. I've mostly succeeded, the one bottleneck is the clone wars ahsoka and her clone troopers. They're hard to get at any price out here, and the cheapest it looks like I'm going to be able to Ahsoka for is $75. I'd thought about buying her at the time but as I've got the first release of the rebels version I skipped her. Now that I've got the clone wars stuff they've put out in the last year I really want that version too... I'm going to watch ebay for a week or two and see if something even ten bucks cheaper shows up, and if not I'll just have to bite the bullet and pay.

At least you're not trying to get a VC102 Asoka Tano! Luckily I got one pretty cheap early on but it's amazing what they are going for now...

Down to just one named Mythic Legions figure. Had high hopes for getting Illgar on Monday but the seller canceled the auction. D'oh. Still need three Goth birds, too (Falcus, Nonus, and Minotaur). Hoping I can trade for one of them as I now have quite a bit of trade fodder.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Rhyno posted:

So google isn't telling me anything concrete, is there any solid info on who owns the rights to Blackstar and Bravestarr currently?

*cries in walletish*

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Closest I can find is a corporate acquisition chain that ends with Sereno Ventures, an umbrella corp that snapped a bunch of property holders up and has been sitting on them for the last few years.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'll start spamming Super7's social media!

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

Rhyno posted:

So google isn't telling me anything concrete, is there any solid info on who owns the rights to Blackstar and Bravestarr currently?

Bravestarr is Mattel, or they they at least list it in their corporate brand portfolio, https://corporate.mattel.com/en-us/brand-portfolio/bravestarr.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

I'll start spamming Super7's social media!

Fun thing for Super7 figures going forward

It appears that starting with the Power Rangers and GI Joe line, they're adding the waist ball joint from Mythic Legions into the Ultimates line, where applicable, as well as the usual ab joints. That's really goddamn good to hear! I don't know if it'll translate to on going lines but at least anything newer should benefit from it

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Rhyno posted:

So google isn't telling me anything concrete, is there any solid info on who owns the rights to Blackstar and Bravestarr currently? I started thinking about toys that need the Super 7 Ultimates treatment and those two lines came to mind, just so I could put the title characters on a shelf with Ultimates He-man, Lion-O and Quicksilver someday.

Blackstar should be owned by NBCUniversal now after they bought Dreamworks, and I think Bravestarr is shared between them and Mattel. If I recall correctly Mattel had a rights split with Filmation on Bravestar similar to what they did with She-ra. When Dreamworks bought classic media in 2012 there was a lot of chatter about them doing something with Bravestarr but alas...

There's absolutely no toy series I would like to see get modern versions as badly as Blackstar, There were some kits about ten years back to turn classics he Man into Blackstar that were quite cool, no idea if they're still around.

I'd buy the gently caress out of Bravestarr figures too.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

At least you're not trying to get a VC102 Asoka Tano! Luckily I got one pretty cheap early on but it's amazing what they are going for now...

I was a TVC/Legacy/SAGALegends/clone wars completest back then so I'm thankfully pretty well set with 3 3/4 inch star wars from that time.

Here's the shits and giggles part, those VC102 Ahsoka's languished for like 18 months in clearance bins all over singapore @ $5.99. TVC flopped pretty hard at retail here after the phantom menace 3d wave, and when Hasbro couldn't get their north american partners to take the final TVC wave that got sent out here. The swtor troopers and imperial guards went fast but you could get 4 of every other figure at 75% off forever at any place which sold star wars toys here. Then within hours of the force awakens coming out that ahsoka was up to about $250 and several others went to $150.

I had duplicates of tons of stuff back then as I would buy by the case and give any extras that were double packed to my nephew. I'd also pick up stuff for him a lot that i stumbled across when hunting but when he got into secondary school he didn't really care about toys anymore so I ended up with a lot of extras. When the prices went exponentially crazy around TFA I ended up trading all my surplus for masterpiece transformers and put a pretty decent collection together like that.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’m really particular about likenesses with 3.75”, so almost all of my collection is either Rebel/Resistance pilots, droids, or “random background aliens who show up for one shot just to look cool”. In a weird way cleaning out my collection has actually reinvigorated my interest in 3.75” stuff and now I’m watching like 15 cheap figures I never had on eBay.
it still seems like 3.75 is still where all the wonderfully weird poo poo happens. One of the coolest releases for me from the last decade is that Moesp Binneed/Howard Chaykin Jabba they did a few years back. I loved all the Rogue Squadron pilots too and the more Jim Henson looking jedi like K'KRUHK, and I don't see things like that getting done in Black Series any time soon. But then again, I never thought they'd do a Jaxxon! I'd love to see the return of comic packs, an Aphra reissue would be perfect for that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Super7 just seems like the best place to do those properties. The ultimate hero buck would translate to Bravestarr and Blackstarr with ease. Maybe a Herculoids set as well?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

Super7 just seems like the best place to do those properties. The ultimate hero buck would translate to Bravestarr and Blackstarr with ease. Maybe a Herculoids set as well?

Oh God don't wish that on my bank account

I couldn't resist

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I ordered Super Sailors Venus and Jupiter from two different places now. Cost more than my original one would have but hopefully these will actually arrive.

And maybe I'll end up with two of each of them if the USPS ever gets their poo poo together.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I came across two soft vinyl MMPR/ZR figures at a local shop today (These ones, although they were only $11 each at the shop). For all of you who know soft vinyl, and might also be into MMPR, do you know if there was a full set of these made for all the rangers at any point? I can find some soft vinyl figures that were made in the 90s and don’t look as good, but nothing like these that were made in 2011-ish.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Sooper Gila posted:

Blackstar should be owned by NBCUniversal now after they bought Dreamworks, and I think Bravestarr is shared between them and Mattel. If I recall correctly Mattel had a rights split with Filmation on Bravestar similar to what they did with She-ra. When Dreamworks bought classic media in 2012 there was a lot of chatter about them doing something with Bravestarr but alas...

Looks like you're right, I followed the Filmation to BCI chain but missed the step where BCI learned they accidentally only bought the rights in PAL territories.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The 3 3/4 scale Halo Infinite toyline is quietly very cool. The detailing of the figures is nice, they're getting a huge variety of characters and the smaller scale is letting them do more vehicles than the old ones ever did. The back of the box of the Mantis showed a Plasma Turret, a Mongoose and a ton of new guys. They've taken the niche that stuff like Star Wars and GI Joe used to have. I'm honestly more impressed with these than the bigger, more expensive, 'collector' Spartan Series that is also running.

Its kind of funny how the release for the new game is still TBD but all of the tie ins have been rolling out since last November when it was originally supposed to be out.

Shiroc fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Aug 8, 2021

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I just got off the phone with FedEx, they “lost contact” with my Mezco Gotham by Gaslight Joker on 8/1. They didn’t contact me until I complained on Twitter. It’s probably lost or destroyed. Hopefully Mezco can send me another one, shipped by literally any other company.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
FedEx is the loving worst.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Fuzz posted:

FedEx is the loving worst.

And like Usps they’ve slowed to a crawl the last few weeks. I had a package due last Monday and it’s been taking a scenic town-to-town tour of Nebraska for six days.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Got a question for anyone that has the new Origins Grayskull. When it’s closed, what’s the depth on it?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Do you like my Men of Fisting?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Back left fisto is definitely overcompensating, but those are a merry band of fisters indeed

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I gotta do it

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The Last Call posted:

I gotta do it

That cannot be canon, there is no one that Fisto cannot fist.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Joe Fisto posted:

There is no one he cannot fist

But not even Fisto can fist them all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Joe Fisto posted:

It probably isn't cannon.

But seriously nice collection!