Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

happyhippy posted:

There are never any teenagers in a teen movie or show.
Always early 20s.

My newest short film had teenagers. It helps make them feel real. But it does suck bc you have to wrap them early. But we were early every day because my crew ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’ve never seen she’s all that but I know of it. I knew she looked dumpy, but this guy looks pretty normal lol.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Y the last man looks like a higher budget version of Creamerie

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I mean if you're gonna redo She's All That maybe put a little effort into avoiding the most mocked aspect of the original movie. I dunno give the guy gross hair and a beard so he looks like a bum but when you shave him it turns out he's handsome that'd be easy.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Groovelord Neato posted:

I mean if you're gonna redo She's All That maybe put a little effort into avoiding the most mocked aspect of the original movie. I dunno give the guy gross hair and a beard so he looks like a bum but when you shave him it turns out he's handsome that'd be easy.

If they wanted to do a proper update he'd be an incel.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

happyhippy posted:

Always early 20s.
Sleepaway Camp. Makes the sleaze factor that much more uncomfortable.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

happyhippy posted:

Always early 20s.

With what we know about Hollywood now, that's for the better.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Cop Shop directed by Joe Carnahan. Starring Frank Grillo, Gerard Butler, Toby Huss and Alexis Louder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgdLO-U2mDQ

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I have nothing against Frank Grillo, but it honestly amazes me how fast he’s risen to be the go-to B-list action star, feels like he’s absolutely everywhere in bad movies

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Thaddius the Large posted:

I have nothing against Frank Grillo, but it honestly amazes me how fast he’s risen to be the go-to B-list action star, feels like he’s absolutely everywhere in bad movies

Maybe he’s like Eric Roberts and sees acting as just a job that allows him to make money and travel. I have an odd sort of respect to those who have that tradesman mentality towards acting and I don’t know why.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Frank Grillo rules and if he wants to make some money doing VOD trash then all the power to him. Boss Level and Wheelman are solid films that he headlines. He also kinda steals the show in bigger films like Warrior and The Grey.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

AceOfFlames posted:

Maybe he’s like Eric Roberts and sees acting as just a job that allows him to make money and travel. I have an odd sort of respect to those who have that tradesman mentality towards acting and I don’t know why.

I vaguely recall a podcast interview on Aisha Tyler’s old show where he very much came across as such, and no shade for that! It’s just funny how producers just latched on to him suddenly

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

There is something to be said for actors who pick and choose and you know when they show up it is probably gonna be a good one, but I can't begrudge someone that somehow became hot and will take any project possible while the irons are in the fire.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Yeah, he's 56. He's been working since the '90s but he's only gotten some heat recently, so I don't begrudge him doing whatever gets thrown at him. He seems like he's usually having a lot of fun.

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Never was a fan of the comic, just kind of a forgettable lame last white dude on earth harem fantasy

Same. However, I think it is a premise that you could do interesting things with. IIRC, the narrative focus of the comic was focused on the guy and his random episodic adventures. However, a lot of this trailer seems to be focused on the practicalities and effects on society which I think could be much more interesting. Similar to Children Of Men, use the guy as a MacGuffin to provide a narrative through line, but put your focus on the society at large. I think the weakest parts of the trailer are the "look how quirky and funny this guy is" parts. Using the Children Of Men comparison again, Kee is just a normal woman in an extraordinary situation. I think it's safe to say that it would have been a worse movie if she had a pet monkey and took part in comic relief that involved mugging for the camera.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
You’re welcome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf9BjbBxrhE

FoneBone fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Aug 9, 2021

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

That looks like one of those monkey movies that Homer loved so much on The Simpsons. Like, that's pretty close to what I imagine Commander in Chimp is like.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

So someone's been sitting on this script since 1998 and decided that the state of CG is finally good enough for his vision?

The most baffling part is how the trailer names its cast like anyone is supposed to recognize any of them. You could tell me it's a fake trailer used in a comedy about one of the named actors who is the main character of that comedy.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

edogawa rando posted:

That looks like one of those monkey movies that Homer loved so much on The Simpsons. Like, that's pretty close to what I imagine Commander in Chimp is like.

Wasn’t there a short lived tv show that basically just dressed up chimps in costumes and had comedians to voiceovers or something? Forget CG, literally give me a live action chimp sitting around in people clothes and I’ll probably love it

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Wasn’t there a short lived tv show that basically just dressed up chimps in costumes and had comedians to voiceovers or something? Forget CG, literally give me a live action chimp sitting around in people clothes and I’ll probably love it

Yeah, I have vague memories of seeing that one day on weekend daytime TV and being baffled by what I was looking at. hosed if I can remember what it was called.

Honestly, I'm just glad to get confirmation that it was a real thing and not something that I saw in a dream once like "RoboCop directed by David Lynch."

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

edogawa rando posted:

Yeah, I have vague memories of seeing that one day on weekend daytime TV and being baffled by what I was looking at. hosed if I can remember what it was called.

Honestly, I'm just glad to get confirmation that it was a real thing and not something that I saw in a dream once like "RoboCop directed by David Lynch."

I think it was on TNT or TBS like 20 years ago? Yeah, that’s been bouncing around the back of my brain for ages but I’m not entirely certain I didn’t get duped by a commercial or something

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004

i was thinking of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTuPrfX2I8w

but Googling tells me it was probably this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-77r8jbkerk

TerraCat
Jul 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RiFWcT_MsY&t=71s

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

So someone's been sitting on this script since 1998 and decided that the state of CG is finally good enough for his vision?

Its definitely not though. That CG was just absolutely terrible.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

SKIP SCHWINK.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004

caligulamprey posted:

SKIP SCHWINK.

The internet tells me this is a real person (who appeared in Minari, no less!) but if you told me this whole thing was some kind of fake trailer made as viral marketing for something else, I wouldn't doubt it

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It's from a character study of aging actor Skip Schwink (Vince Vaughn), who feels his life and relationships slipping away from him. A scene from CI Ape plays on a tv in a bar, which Skip notices when two 20-something women behind him point and giggle, his gaze moving first behind him and then up to the television.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

caligulamprey posted:

SKIP SCHWINK.

Not only that, but why the gently caress is his character dressed in what looks like a knockoff M Bison costume?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

caligulamprey posted:

SKIP SCHWINK.

Is this a SKIP BIP reference

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

edogawa rando posted:

something that I saw in a dream once like "RoboCop directed by David Lynch."

"Your move, creep"

(robocop and criminal start dancing while dark jazz plays in the background)

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

It's a tragedy this is direct to digital/DVD only, because this is the kind of absolute loving garbage I would love to see on the big screen.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Are you SURE you wanna post that, champ?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Posting in this thread cuz I know a lot of folks are excited for the Green Knight.

A24 is doing something called The Screening Room. They did it for Zola and now TGK.

You buy a ticket for $20.

The movie shows *one night only*

You have a 4 hour period to start the movie. Once started you have a 4 hour period to finish the movie.

Each screening has a pre show and after show... You will have to finish those in the same four hour block!

Access via web, casting, ATV and Roku.

The Green Knight streams a week from today and from the FAQ it seems like they *can* sell out!

https://screeningroom.a24films.com/...l4mXYct53Tp8Q-w

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

BonoMan posted:

Posting in this thread cuz I know a lot of folks are excited for the Green Knight.

A24 is doing something called The Screening Room. They did it for Zola and now TGK.

You have a 4 hour period to start the movie. Once started you have a 4 hour period to finish the movie.

Each screening has a pre show and after show... You will have to finish those in the same four hour block!

The Green Knight streams a week from today and from the FAQ it seems like they *can* sell out!

very cool

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

BonoMan posted:

This is pretty loving cool. 100% doing this.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
More crazy Nic Cage from Sion Sono:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I6p1yxZ_LE

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sign me the gently caress up

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The best part of that terrific trailer is the pull quote from Cage himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This legit looks like the most ambitious movie made in a looooooong time. Holy poo poo that is just balls to the wall visual euphoria,