Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think it's more likely Josh maintains his high level of play over a longer period of time than Lamar. I'm sure Lamar will ask for more than this and I'd probably still give it to him if I were the Ravens, but I'd definitely feel uneasy about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

AndrewP posted:

It's a weird situation because from a PR and relationship perspective it's not really in the front office's best interest to gently caress him over. I was thinking that if he was going to do it without an agent, he should just wait until Allen did his and demand that, but a little bit higher. So maybe that's what he'll do.

I presume what the front office will do is offer Lamar a M-M-M-MEGA DEAL* with an inordinate number of devils in the details.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Kalli posted:

I'm not saying the Texans are gonna be favored, I'm just saying it's real hard to go 0 for a season.

The Jets tried real hard to do it last year and won 2 games, it's tough to do! They beat a 10 win Rams team!

The 2019 New York Jets were supposed to be the worst team ever, and they weren't even one of the ten worst teams that year.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Derek Fcking Carr posted:

Yeah christ it's the Bills if they think they have their guy they needs to lock him forever

:hmmyes:

Also, lock him up and maybe that helps with the Stadium Negotiations? "We got our star locked up, he's going to be on this team, make sure he plays in this city."

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Ravens should wait until after this season to lock Lamar up in case he gets injured or dies from COVID or constipation or whatever.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

The 2019 New York Jets were supposed to be the worst team ever, and they weren't even one of the ten worst teams that year.

Are you think about the 2019 Dolphins? The Jets had signed Le'Veon Bell and CJ Mosley and were expecting Darnold to step up big in his second year.

The Dolphins were a team that traded/cut all their talent and Aaron Schatz spent a lot of virtual ink talking about how a team this bad in the NFL was unprecedented in the DVOA era. (They won five games.)

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Checking in with Carl

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2021/08/06/raiders-de-carl-nassib-coming-out-as-gay-great-weight-off-my-shoulders/

quote:

“It’s been great. I knew it was going to be good. I had zero stress about that,” Nassib said of the response from his teammates and coaches. “Absolutely no worries about it, got a great locker room, great teammates, been met with nothing but love and support, it’s been incredible. Football players get a bad rap, but we’re humble, hard-working, accepting people and this was a great thing to have done.”

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I Am Josh

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Not Carl's Stone Cold Lock of the Century of the Week :smith:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jivesauce posted:

I know, I was just joking. Our QB situation is real bad.

Who are you to doubt Jacob Eason?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Trying out Eason or Ellington is going to be an improvement over Wentz, even if they both bomb.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Personally I'm wondering when Drew will be locked down

With concrete and a lake.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cavauro posted:

I Am Josh

Hey, can I get an investment of a million dollars? I've got this great idea for a Christian movie series about how the rapture is starting and all the saved cough out their souls to ascend and the evil SDC forces mask mandates to trap the souls on earth so they can harvested by doctors for satan. We've got Kevin Sorbo lined up to play the chiropractor who stumbles upon this plot and uses his karate chiro skills to take down Dr. Faoci's evil plans.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

With concrete and a lake.
wow mods???????

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Trade Drew Lock for Tim Tebow straight-up, who says no

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Denver

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Edward Mass posted:

I have faith in the texans to be really bad, like really really bad. Like, wow that's bad.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/PFF_Brad/status/1423707406274551814

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Bold prediction: Josh Allen will be the highest-paid QB of that draft (Baker will be mediocre and get a less-impressive extension, Jackson will either get a major injury this season or get hosed from COVID, lol Darnold and Rosen).

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

I was really rooting for Jackson when he dropped low in the draft. I wanted him to show up all the dumb GMs. Now I just think he should gently caress off.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Tim Tebow has as many wins as the starting QB for Denver as Drew Lock does and 1 more playoff win. He just wins.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Every single bears offensive lineman is injured oops

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Tim Tebow has as many playoff wins as Kirk Cousins.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Every single bears offensive lineman is injured oops

Luckily Andy is used to not having an O Line.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ArifHasanNFL/status/1423728182025461763

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Not Carl's Stone Cold Lock of the Century of the Week :smith:

I wish that had gotten sucked in as a recurring segment in one of the pre-game shows

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Soon he may end up with a new relationship inside Holland Hospital.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

More bad camp news.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1423740923326963712?s=20

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1423741098212659200?s=20

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I mean I posted a pretty harsh own here but I didn’t expect it to be that harsh.

Hope it’s nothing serious, Jefferson owns and I hope he gets to really shine once he gets a real QB throwing to him.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'm glad my team has the QB situation locked down and I don't have to have all these training camp anxiety meltdowns like yinz. Joe Flacco is elite and the cup is coming home baby!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
you hate to see it

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Nick Jr. Face posted:

you hate to see it

No I don't

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
New Vikings season will feature (choose one):

* Preseason idiocy
* Post season collapse

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Omar Kelly talking about Herbert vs Tua

https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/1422388968059023368?s=19

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Can I just say that I love a non-Dolphins fan subjecting themselves to Omar Kelly’s Twitter account.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

Can I just say that I love a non-Dolphins fan subjecting themselves to Omar Kelly’s Twitter account.

You know I listen to lebatard lol

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Per Jeff Zrebiec

"The initial diagnosis was that [Jimmy] Smith sustained a low-ankle sprain. That has to be characterized as good news, especially with how it looked. Smith will likely miss some practice time, but the hope is he avoided a long-term injury and he’s still in play for Week 1."

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

He also lost an endorsement deal with West Michigan Honda dealers.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I love Lamar Jackson and hope he wins a super bowl.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

I hope his wife sees the tweet that implies she's not attractive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Borsche69 posted:

Per Jeff Zrebiec

"The initial diagnosis was that [Jimmy] Smith sustained a low-ankle sprain. That has to be characterized as good news, especially with how it looked. Smith will likely miss some practice time, but the hope is he avoided a long-term injury and he’s still in play for Week 1."

good

sharknado slashfic posted:

I love Lamar Jackson and hope he wins a super bowl.

:hmmyes: