Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Good old bloodbowl. Reminds me of the time that we had a ball fumble off of eight zombies in a row (they were grouped up) only to end up in the hands of a very confused mummy standing next to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
The big question is: but did he score?

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

berzerkmonkey posted:

The big question is: but did he score?

Yes he did. Who the gently caress is going to drop a mummy surrounded by zombies?

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

chin up everything sucks posted:

Good old bloodbowl. Reminds me of the time that we had a ball fumble off of eight zombies in a row (they were grouped up) only to end up in the hands of a very confused mummy standing next to them.

My record was, in a Human v Dwarves game:

Kickoff
Pass to Human Lineman
Fumble to Dwarf
Fumble to Dwarf
Fumble to Human Blitzer
Fumble to Human Thrower

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Virtual Russian posted:

War Walkers get a 6+ reinforced save, which until tonight I thought was a joke.

I used the free heavy weapon upgrade, the scatter laser.

Rev doesn't have lances. I'm playing Net:EA, might be a difference here. (checked: nope, but their MW do the same thing)

We had lots of terrain, I played tight to it with the Rev, that saved me from taking too many BMs. Also yeah the orks failed like 4 activations to my one. In minigeddon you generally can't retain the initiative, most play that way, but I have seen some places that allow it. This obviously seriously impacts Eldar. My opponenet usally plays lots of ork armor, but I had mentioned I was playing eldar, I feel like he took all infantry as a response to my usual falcon heavy list.

Serves me right for going from memory! I should have checked before mouthing off. War Walkers having Reinforced Armour is indeed hilarious given that they're baby-carrier style. And I can't remember which thing I was fielding with Lance weapons that made me have to look that up over and over again. Maybe Fire Prisms. Or... heyyyy, war Walkers' Bright Lance guns.

And yeah every army list I run always inevitably has falcons. They work fine on their own, but also serve as transports in a pinch, and they're an available upgrade for aspect warriors.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Old school Epic used square bases because infantry detachments had to maintain base contact I think? It made it slightly easier to keep track of which units were firing rolling the massive number of dice you usually ended up rolling. Like a Devastator Marine detachment was like 10 infantry bases and each got to roll 2 attack dice, so poo poo got bananas super quickly.
Keep in mind its literally been decades since I played OG Epic, but yeah Armageddon was so much nicer and they released the neat boxy Warlord alongside it

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
Any idea when we'll be hearing about the next season of Underworlds? It's been a while since the last warbands were released.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
I've been wondering the same. If memory serves, Direchasm was announced in August of 2020, so it would follow that the new season should be announced soon.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
Good point. Depressingly, I wanted to get my hands on the Crimson Court, but it sold out almost immediately everywhere I looked and I haven't seen it come back into stock since, so I might not even be able to get my hands on any new releases anyway :/

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
I have the Reapers and the Soulraid still to paint, but work has had me so busy that I've only just started on los bony bois. Given the rate at which I've been getting through them, they should tide me over till the inevitable Season 5 Thunderstrike SCE vs Kruleboyz box in December.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I'm having trouble figuring out where the various weapons are on the various titan kits for Titanicus. Are some of the options for the Warlord only on forgeworld? Or no where?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Der Waffle Mous posted:

wait was the loving firestrike turret based on a Space Crusade thing?

All the good primaris stuff is

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Twigand Berries posted:

I'm having trouble figuring out where the various weapons are on the various titan kits for Titanicus. Are some of the options for the Warlord only on forgeworld? Or no where?

Sunfury plasma cannon, power claw, and laser blasters are available as either a full Warlord kit or a sprue on their own. Same for Belicosa volcano cannon & Apocalypse missiles. The other weapons are sold singly from Forge World, in resin.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

MeinPanzer posted:

Any idea when we'll be hearing about the next season of Underworlds? It's been a while since the last warbands were released.

next season may be longer, it depends. They announced the Arena Mortis expansion back a week or two ago, which likely will kick rear end and probably be the tide-over.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I see the new Kill Team site is up but I guess datasheets/cards for the new rules for units other than the boxset ones still aren't out yet?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

I see the new Kill Team site is up but I guess datasheets/cards for the new rules for units other than the boxset ones still aren't out yet?

not yet, though with the preorder date approaching we should see those youtube reviews where people flip through the rulebook of their early copies

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Twigand Berries posted:

In addition to what LJS has posted, BattleBling (UK) do an absolutely massive selection of optional heads, weapons and other random bits if you really want to bling (heh) up your robots. They have various "inspired-by" weapons at half the rate FW are doing them for if you don't play at official tourneys.

Woodstock
Sep 28, 2005
Speaking of Blood Bowl, after only ever having the BB2 game client to play on, I'm going to my first Blood Bowl tournament ever this weekend, so that's nice. I'm in a .. relatively low pandemic area, so here's to hoping local infection rates stabilize again before we go full lockdown again.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

The other weapons are sold singly from Forge World, in resin.

They were, but now discontinued. Hopefully that means a forthcoming plastic version like with the necro weapons.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I hadn't noticed that. That is disconcerting. As you say, I'd hope it means plastics are coming. The game seems to be popular enough to justify it, and the discontinued weapons would probably fill a sprue.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

moths posted:

They were, but now discontinued. Hopefully that means a forthcoming plastic version like with the necro weapons.

They aren't discontinued, the fw site has had a lot of issues over the last year with calling things discontinued when they're out of stock.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I hadn't noticed that. That is disconcerting. As you say, I'd hope it means plastics are coming. The game seems to be popular enough to justify it, and the discontinued weapons would probably fill a sprue.

I can't tell if it's popular or not, I know four people that own various starters for it, and not a single one of those people has assembled the models nor shown any interesting in doing so.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
It seems to be fairly popular at events. It's a lovely game.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Booley posted:

They aren't discontinued, the fw site has had a lot of issues over the last year with calling things discontinued when they're out of stock.

The one in my cart flipped over to no longer available, which seemed awfully final to me.

The paired Vulcan Mega-bolters also no longer show up in a search. Apparently they show up if you search "Vulcan" but not "Vulcan mega-bolter".

moths fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Aug 9, 2021

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
They routinely interchange discontinued/no longer available/out of stock at the moment. Maybe they mean different lead times? :iiam:

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

I can't tell if it's popular or not, I know four people that own various starters for it, and not a single one of those people has assembled the models nor shown any interesting in doing so.

The titans are kind of complicated (at least moreso than Space Marines, or the usual 40K model) so I think people are a little apprehensive to get started. Also, it's got a much smaller player base, so unless you have people in your circle playing, there isn't a lot of incentive to start building. We've got one guy in our relatively large group that is in hardcore, and he has two forces painted up. Some of us have the kits, but since we focus on other games, it's not a priority for the rest of us.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I have the starter set, I just didn't have a decent storage solution. Battlefoam had a sale and one of the things that was on sale was the AT box insert so when that arrives, I'm looking forward to making my tiny robots.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

KT: Octarius will be MTO

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/09/kill-team-octarius-a-pre-order-promise/

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

moths posted:

The one in my cart flipped over to no longer available, which seemed awfully final to me.

The paired Vulcan Mega-bolters also no longer show up in a search. Apparently they show up if you search "Vulcan" but not "Vulcan mega-bolter".

Yes, it's out of stock so their broken site decided its discontinued.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

MTO... only if you order during one specific weekend of pre-order. Which I read as "boxes will be sold out before hitting the stores". What's the difference between this and the bullshit limited edition catachan dude that keeps selling for 100+ bucks on ebay? GW can gently caress off with this FOMO bullshit.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

If you want it and you order it this weekend, you are guaranteed to get it. I’m not seeing the problem.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Aug 9, 2021

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

If you want it and you order it this weekend, you are guaranteed to get it. I’m not seeing the problem.

If you want the game you have a two day window, previous to it’s actual release, to buy it. I’m seeing a big fat problem.

E: it will of course be available after that, on ebay, at a markup.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 9, 2021

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

lilljonas posted:

If you want the game you have a two day window, previous to it’s actual release, to buy it. I’m seeing a big fat problem.

??? Uhh... It is a two week period?

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

lilljonas posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/08/sunday-preview-adjust-your-scopes-kill-team-octarius-has-been-sighted/

quote:

08 Aug 21
It’s the one we’ve all been waiting for. Kill Team: Octarius is coming up for pre-order at last! With it comes a host of extra rules, cards, and dice to supplement your skirmish battles in the Octarius sector. Plus, we can also look forward to lots of enticing new Black Library fiction.

Told you it was a biggie. So much so, in fact, that the pre-order window for Kill Team: Octarius is set to run for two weeks from the 14th to the 28th of August. Fancy a closer look at what’s coming? Of course you do.

GW FOMO is bullshit but like this is probably the best way they've ever done their FOMO.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Lord_Hambrose posted:

??? Uhh... It is a two week period?

Did you read the link? Quoting GW:

” Everyone who pre-orders a copy of the new Kill Team this weekend will get one.”

That said, it matters little if it's two days or two weeks. Launching a game and having the core starter box being available for such a short amount of time is just bad in every way. Good luck trying to build a Kill Team community with that kind of support.

It's like trying to imagine how little chance I would have had of getting into Warhammer at the first place if the starter box of that time had been a stupid splash release horded by scalpers. It's bad for the hobby, it's bad for the fans, it's bad for the community.

Lucinice posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/08/sunday-preview-adjust-your-scopes-kill-team-octarius-has-been-sighted/

GW FOMO is bullshit but like this is probably the best way they've ever done their FOMO.

Yes this is marginally better than Cursed City. I'm not giving them a medal for that.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 9, 2021

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Everything in that box will be available to buy separately next month. You aren't missing anything if you don't get it, it is just a nice bundle.

That said I absolutely agree, getting real tired of these GW FOMO boxes, but this box is in no way needed to get into KT.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I think they mean how this weekend is included in that two-week window.

All the individual components will still be available separately, either way. It's just the bundle deal that's limited. This is a major improvement.

E;fb

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

If it’s all going to be purchasable separately, it’s not FOMO, it’s basically a preorder discount.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Well if it will help curb scalpers in the long run to some degree, it's better than nothing. But I'm not stoked that it's the second time in a year that GW releases a new product that gets my interest (which is good) where I can't even wait until it's released to decide if I want to pick it up or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

You can wait until the last day of the preorder window to order it, then cancel anytime before yours gets processed since they're filling them first-in-first-out.

And even if you miss that extended soft cancellation window, you can certainly return it to a GW store.